Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


3,851 to 3,900 of 7,143 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree tries to stay near to Mercus as the big men push past her to be first in line.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian stays back with Sable able to watch over all the group.


M Human Fighter 4

From behind the group comes a lot of very quiet but very colourful swear words followed very shortly by a guano smeared, pale faced and bloodshot eyed Corvax. Struggling to his feet after his ungracious slide down the steep slope, Corvax tries (and fails miserably) to pretend he'd been there the whole time. Acting as nonchalantly as possible he pulls his shield from his back and tacks on to the back of the party.


Battle Mat

As Winter turns around the corner, he notices a dark reflection on the water-glistening walls - a drow.

Ever the cautious warrior, he quickly moves back and out of sight, but it is already too late, the keen-sensed dark elves have already noticed him.

Bree's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Sable's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Winter's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sebastian's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Kabal's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Caterine's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Corvax's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Drows' Initiative1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Rd 1 Order

Drow (readied)
Corvax
Winter
Kabal
Sebastian
Sable
Bree


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

You didn't list Caterine in that lineup.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine had noticed, but on the numbers I slot in down towards the bottom of the order anyhow - so was waiting for the big shiny suits of armor to go first :)

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/7

Waiting to see how positions are going to open up before I act


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter pushes back into the cave, clearly things are going to get messy...

AL22, OR if Corvax occupies that spot, Winter will push past to the first available slot and attack. Would cause him to eat on AOO but thats fine. Attacks adjacent foe

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10


Sorry Cat - waiting for Corvax


M Human Fighter 4

Sorry for the delay, wasn't at home Sunday. Wish I had shield slam. Move to AL22 and attack.

Shield up and ready to fend off attacks, Corvax steps around the corner into the cave and straight into the first Drow.

Sword:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 171d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Shield:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Rd 1 Order

Drow (resolved))
Corvax (resolved)
Winter (resolved)
Kabal
Sebastian
Caterine
Sable
Bree

As Corvax draws near, the drow soldier strikes at him with his elegant rapier

Drow attacking Corvax / Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Hit and confused, the warrior misses the dark elf in return.

Winter follows him and is attacked by the first drow who reacts quickly

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

and the second one who has only waited for an opponent.

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Battle Mat


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 1:

Caterine steps up to the tunnel's entrance and lashes out past Corvax's knees with her whip, it's striker snaking out and seeking to entangle the drow's legs...

Move to AN,22 - attempt trip against drow in AK,23
Trip: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 = 17 I'm assuming a -4 for cover


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was more surprised at the sudden appearance of Corvax then the stinking drow. He barely resisted the urge to punch the man right in the jaw as he moved passed the weapon master. But prudence won out and he followed in his friends wake to attack the drow...I'll deal with him later...

Attempt to move to AL,23

Power Attack AK,22 - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Damage - 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Round 1

Sebastian moves forward to try to get a look into the cavern entrance now choked with bodies. Move to AN-22

He will have the healing wand ready for those in need.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Round 1

Sable moves forward, waiting for the opportunity to enter. AN27, or if Bree moves forward AN26

"Do be careful. This choking beak could cause many problems if anything incendiary were to be used against us."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Maybe there is another way around?" Bree suggests as she waits for the small passageway to be cleared, staying near to Mercus and Samaritha. She asks the two of them, "Are either of you handy with a crossbow?"


Samaritha has stayed outside. An to Ak are 15 feet - can a whip do that? I know it has reach, but 15 feet? Or did you mean AM? Anyway, Sebastian and Cat both want to occupy the same square.

Mercus looks at bree with a look of utter confusion

Crossbow? Isn't it just pulling a trigger? Every idiot could do that - gimme that thing!

The drow coughs as he is hit by Kabal, but the muscled warrior does not back away, he looks like a formidable opponent.

Rd 1 Order

Drow (resolved))
Corvax
Winter
Kabal
Sebastian
Caterine
Sable
Bree

Both drow call out for help in their strange tongue before they continue their attacks.

Drow attacking Kabal/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Battle Mat


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

As per PRD: The whip is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don't threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes).
I'm assuming a 17 wasn't good enough?


Ah thx, I just saw "reach" and didn't read the text - shame on me. But 17 wasn't good enough :)


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter returns attacks the foe his friends are attacking, hoping to concentrate the force and make for a quick kill...

AK22

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 = 14


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal laughed as the skinny drow's even skinnier weapon bounced harmlessly off of his armor as he swung his falcata.

Power Attack - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Damage - 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Round 2:

Caterine stands her ground, snaking her whip back to her along the ground before whipping it forward again aiming for the striker to catch on the forward drow's knee...

Attempt trip against drow in AK,23
Trip: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 4 = 27 - that's better :)


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Ah, that's right, her ankle was injured and she couldn't make the crossing.

Bree growls at Mercus, grabbing ahold of his shirt front for a moment. "Now you listen to me damn it, yes any idiot can pull a trigger but that doesn't mean that any idiot can hit the target they had in mind, nor does it mean that they won't be so nervous they wind up shooting their friend instead. Now you take this damn thing and you stay out here. Do not try to shoot into that cave, it's too crowded. But if you see a drow coming from another direction, you shoot at it and you yell at the rest of us because I'll tell you now, these drow are as quick as those blue lions but smarter. Understand?" It's quite possibly the longest speech anyone has ever heard Bree make.

She lets him go and then shoves the crossbow into his hands, she shows him once how to load it and, admonishes him not to waste her bolts.

"What's happening in there? She asks of the others who can see further into the cave.


Mercus just nods silently - obviously more than a little impressed by Bree's outbreak.

Behind them one of the drows shouts in surorise as the whip entwines his ankle and pulls him to the ground. That at least saves him from kabal's hit which parts the air above him.

Winter also misses, but that was a really close call.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Sable stands at the ready, looking for more treachery or new foes.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sorry about the cut off Caterine. Wasn't what I was going for....damn little numbers on tiny little screen

"Ha. More drow! Remember they are light sensitive. I will try to get some light in here."

Benefits: Perform 8/13; Everyone gets +1 AC, +1 Attack, +1 Save vs the Drow's abilities and effects.

He will gladly let Caterine squeeze past him in the narrow tight passageway, if she so wishes with a 5' adjust back.


M Human Fighter 4

Happily taking advantage of the prone Drow, Corvax hacks downward with his sword.

Aldori duelling sword:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 181d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

EDIT:Oh wait damn, that happened after Corvax's turn. I guess delay the action until then? Oh never mind, missed anyway.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Damn it Corvax, you killed the game! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

/sad face


You have to forgive your DM who was imprisoned in a German castle without much internet access.

Rd 2 Order

Drow (resolved))
Winter
Kabal
Sebastian
Caterine
Corvax
Sable
Bree

The drow's face hits the ground and together with several teeth, the warrior loses his graceful stance.
Corvax waits until the dark elf lies sprawled before him and then with one quick strike takes off both his hands...

The last remaining enemy looks growls and swears vengeans as he lungs out for Winter

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Battle Mat


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal steps up beside Winter and slashes with his blade at the remaining drow.

Attack - 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Damage - 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter swings back...

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 = 11

Wow, thats sucking


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

If that didn't do it. Sebastian is delaying till Corvax goes to know if he needs to step up.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Knowing that the guys have that room handled for the time being, Bree sways back and forth on the balls of her feet, knives in hand, scanning the surrounding area for signs of trouble Look, look, Bree has a video game idle pose!!

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Boo for German castle dungeons :)


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine slides past the rugged Taldan, body brushing against both his and the rock beside them, to the spot Kabal vacated. Spinning out the last few feet travelled, she flashes her whip out and across the drow's face....
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 4 = 21 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 non-lethal

Assuming a hit:
...leaving a bloody trail of welts down the drow's cheek. Cat follows up by blowing the dark elf a kiss with a sadistic look on her face...
Using Enforcer feat to get a free Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 - if successful shaken for 7 rounds


The drow dodges the attacks of Kabal and Winter and as Cat blows him the kiss, he catches it and grins vilely.

Rd 2 Order

Drow (resolved))
Winter (resolved)
Kabal (resolved)
Caterine (resolved)
Corvax
Sebastian (booked)
Sable
Bree (resolved)

Bree suddenly hears the sound of onrushing feet - more drows are surely on the way and will arrive from the northwestern tunnel soon.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Crossbow at the ready, Sable stands guard over the boy, waiting for an opportunity.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree says over her shoulder to the others, "Guys we have company coming this way."


Waiting for Corvax


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Corvax couldnt find room to get at the drow so he held off until Winter and Kabal could finish the enemy.


Rd 3 Order

Drow (resolved))
Winter
Kabal
Sebastian
Caterine
Corvax
Sable
Bree

Assuming the human fighter who had the chance to step in feared him too much, the drow smiles and attacks Winter again

Drow attacking Winter/ Rapier1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Where is our shadowy Corvax?
Map has remained the same.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal had stepped up to fill the space in front of the remaining drow beside Winter last round. Shouldve been more specific.

Kabal could understand the drow taking Winter for a bigger threat after he missed with his last attack. He followed right behind the priest with a wicked slash.

Power Attack - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Damage - 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

And Cat moved into the spot vacated by Kabal :)

Dispensing with any attempt at further trickery, Caterine grunted with exertion as she made her whip sing as the striker slithered forwards seeking the drow's throat...
Attack: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 4 = 23 for 1d3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 lethal

If the drow is already down, then Cat will move deeper into the cavern.


M Human Fighter 4

My free time keeps getting suddenly and violently removed by University work, sorry about this.

Corvax'll move round behind the remaining drow, not sure of the coords of it. Provoking an AoO but never mind.

Dodging past Kabal and Winter and holding up his shield to block any slashes from the Drow, Corvax fetches up on the other side of the dark elf, effectively cutting off any means of escape.

Power attack one handed and flanking
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 241d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


You have to forgive me, I'm still suffering from post-dungeon stress :)

The double assault by Kabal and Cat is too much for the lone drow warrior - with a last gasping shout - that reminds you of a warning... or a curse?! he slumps to the ground.

The footsteps Bree had heard before don't echo through the tunnels anymore, maybe the attackers have stopped? or hidden?

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Sable will cast dancing lights and send four glowing blue orbs down the tunnel to illuminate the scene.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree holds her position, waiting to see if Sable's lights illuminate anyone and wondering if perhaps it was simply some sort of trick, an illusion, caused by the Drow the other's just killed. An attempt to scare us off...


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian will squeeze into the room. While the others are watching the next passage, he will give the fallen Drow a once over and use Detect Magic to see if anything useful can be recovered before pushing on.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine will join Sebastian in taking a quick review of the drow's possessions to see if there is anything worth grabbing.

3,851 to 3,900 of 7,143 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.