Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


251 to 300 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

To Thurva and her thugs, "Your life is worth more that can be carried in a crude chest. Are you so quick to throw them away on a bad bet? Fold, and you can live to play another hand."

Impressed by the prowess of his new acquaintances, he will continue to hold a backup position that would prevent anyone from making a break for the door.


Round 3: The two remaining thugs are quickly cut down as the party surrounds Thuvalia. She sobs into the robed man's chest, oblivious of those around her.

she's prone if anyone wants to finish her off

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable will move to attempt to knock her out with his quarterstaff.


Sable walks up behind the girl, and thwacks her with his staff. She crumples in a heap on top of the robed man. Most of the crowd who were yelling and running have jammed up the doors, and those on the ground are starting to rise to their feet.

The guards blink away the last of their blindness, staring at the thieves, then the heroes in utter amazement.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable kneels and checks to see if the robed figure is still living.

Heal check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

If Sable can feel a pulse or see breath, he will tie the robed figure up, binding his mouth, hands, and feet with his rope and then cast cure light wounds upon him. If there is no life within him, he will tie up the unconscious woman while the guards get their bearings.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter returns to his normal stature, it is clear he is a bit dismayed at the unnecessary waste of life.

For a moment he looks heavenward as if the answers might reveal themselves, then the casino is bathed in a soft nimbus of light.

Channel heal:1d6 ⇒ 5
[ooc]At least 1 guard was injured earlier, and maybe one or two of the bandits are in low negatives and might stabilise[/i]


Female Human Fighter 1

Returning the chain to its customary position wrapped around her waist, Kaylen will move forward and gather the bodies into one pile. Half-turning to one of the guards as she strips the bodies, "A private room where we can interrogate her? We'll also need a place to store these temporarily and something we can use to hold onto weapons and other dangerous items." She'll strip weapons and other offensive gear from the bodies and from the living. Other things with less immediate combat usage, such as armor and coin, can wait for now.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Sweeney sheathes his weapon, discouraged by the current acts of mercy he is witnessing from his new acquaintances, but reassured that the brutes they've just incapacitated may be worth more alive anyway, if a reward is to be claimed. If not, at least he can return to gambling in peace.

He will help Kaylen gather the bodies, giving a none-too-gentle nudge in the ribs with his boot to the one he stabbed.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Satisfied that he has done what he can to heal the injured and save any dying, Winter looks on at the bound form in front of him.

"This is not my establishment, and I am not in command here, but I do ask that the rule of law apply and they be handed to the correct authorities. Take whatever possessions you will as just compensation for the assault, however I implore you all to follow the local customs and hand them over as soon as possible. I am mindful that this is Riddleport after all, and that justice is certainly flexible and often summary, so I do not impose to stop you or prevent your actions, I only stand to ask you to consider the righteous path"

He stands aside, offering no impediment to those who act as they feel they must.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Calling to Winter, in Elven, "What... Was that light?"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Sable Eboncrow wrote:
Calling to Winter, in Elven, "What... Was that light?"

"I called upon the warmth of Erastil to balm the wounds of the injured, and let be saved those who could be... and to signal to him that those who could not be saved may be ready to take in harvest"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8
Winter Snow wrote:
"I called upon the warmth of Erastil to balm the wounds of the injured, and let be saved those who could be... and to signal to him that those who could not be saved may be ready to take in harvest"

"I have never seen a crest so bright. I can groom a wound and call upon the winds to close them, but they are as the songs of a thousand birds. I speak with Korax and he tells me the winds to favor, the course to take to make the magics my own, but the way you flared your feathers was quite impressive. Erastil has chosen wisely to have you fly among his parliament of owls."


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira aproaches 5 feet before the taverns edge, trying her best to not step onto the casino floor. i tried to assist these great heroes as well. i apologize for any unintentional hinderances i may have caused. i only sought to help in the capture of the brigands. all i ask in return is employment at this establishment, the requisite vocational training, a written pardoning of all transgressions i have performed against those here and anything else you deem an appropriate compensation for the efforts of myself and these great heroes who rescued the casino's winnings.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Speaking of light. Best gag the robed one if he is still alive. We don't want any more flares going off. He has the look of a wizard about him. I had my eyes shut during the blast, but I would suspect wizardry caused it."

Perception to see any evidence of an external light source that might have caused the flash ->1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Female Human Fighter 1

With no shame or apology as she's gathering weapons, Kaylen tells Sebastian, "I don't know that you'll need to worry about him doing any casting. His face is a bit smashed in for that."


Kneeling down, Sable quickly determines that the robed man is clearly beyond saving. The girl is quickly tied up, along with the remaining two thieves.

The guards ignore the party as they make their way to the main doors, mumbling about the pay not being worth it.

The only evidence of where the flash came from is one of the floor sconces is now scorched.

As people in the gambling hall start to gather their wits, patrons start to yell about wanting their money back.

The man with the key-arm nods to the party as he passes, and jumps up to the podium, flanked by two humans. He shouts down the crowd, assuring them that they'll receive 110% of their chips value.

Once the crowd has been settled, he turns to the party. I guess I owe you a debt of thanks. Saul Vancaskerkin," he says, holding out his normal arm to shake the party's hands.

kira, there's no one watching you, so you can do as you please


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I only sought to do what the circumstance dictated; to bring about a resolution that ended the threat with as little loss of life as possible - and to prevent the theft of peoples belongings. I am just gald to see no innocents were harmed, although my symapthies at the disruption to your business"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable will shake his hand. "Sable Eboncrow. I am glad my associates and I were able to calm things down, it was getting madder than a wet hen in here."


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira will approach Saul Vancaskerskin and shake his hand, you can call me Kira, but since i am not part of the contest, may i request the alternative reward of employment within this establishment? i can wash dishes, sweep floors and bus tables for your clientel. it would honor me to be accepted into the employ of this prosperous business.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Saul, I am Sebastian DeGray. Glad we were here to help. In fact, by my calculation, you can perhaps use our help on a longer term basis, as your guards are heading out the door."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Sebastian is right, and I would prefer a more reliable trade of labour than this whole gambling concept; first time I try my hand at it for more than bragging rights around a winter campfire and THIS is how it ends? no thanks. What say you Saul?"


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

"Saul, huh? Name's Sweeney. Glad I could help out with this mighty fine establishment, though it seems not everyone feels the same way," Sweeney says, looking towards the guards. "I'll give you one thing, you guys sure know how to put on one hell of a show."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8
Sweeney wrote:
"I'll give you one thing, you guys sure know how to put on one hell of a show."

"One hell of a show indeed!" to Saul, "I'll gladly stay and ride this wind a bit further. Birds of a feather, you know. Speaking of... Saul may I please have your leave to bring in my feathered companion? He is a raven perched currently on the roof of your establishment."


Female Human Fighter 1

Making sure the prisoners can't get at the weapons and are gagged, Kaylen will turn. "Kaylen. The Gold Goblin must be doing well to be able to pay out at 110%. Will the tournament be continuing?"


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

i would recommend we end the tournament prematurely and allow everyone a chance to cash out with thier full winnings and keep thier souls intact. holding such a contest only brings more unwanted hostilities. and the conserved prize money could be used to provide wages for new employees. Kira proposes to Saul. setting up a casino is fine, but such contests and thier requisite prizes lead to greed, greed leads to hostility, which leads to violence, and violence leads to the loss of unneccessary life. i may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but i needed little more than an ounce of wit to realize that. if this tournament were never to return, the unwanted hostilities could reduce dramatically over time. and this establishment requires time to heal it's wounds, as do the contestants themselves.


Female Human Fighter 1

Looking back at the pile of bodies, Kaylen shrugs. "The degree of the mess was unintentional on my part. I guess they were a bit on the fragile side, hm? I suppose we should get these out of here. Any recommendations on where to dump them, Mr. Vancaskerkin?"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Surely that is more a concern for the authorities to deal with?"


Female Human Fighter 1

Another shrug answers this statement. "Like as not they'll probably just want to make sure things get cleaned up. Still, I'm amenable to carting corpses to wherever the local authorities want me to put them. For now, though, where should they go?" Bring out yer dead ...


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Well then I admire not only your efficiency in battle, but your work ethic too"


Female Human Fighter 1

"If it needs doing, best to just get it done however you can."


Saul looks around at the carnage, and a gleam comes to his eye. "Perhaps you would all like to stay for awhile. We can have a private drink in the back rooms while Hans and Beyar clean up this mess.

The two guards grab one of the succubi, and start doling out coins from the chest to anyone with chips.

Saul assures you your money problems are over as he gestures to one of the doors leading to a back area.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Shrugging, Sable whistles for Korax and follows the proprietor.


Female Human Fighter 1

Kaylen follows as well, with an aside to Beyar and Hans to put any and all gear that is still usable aside so she could go through it, and a request to put the prisoners in a separate room.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter also follows...


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Sweeney idly fiddles a golden eye chip in his fingers, eyeing the others before glancing nervously towards the door and the back to Saul. He then stows the golden eye away and follows the others towards the rear of the building.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian seems pleased. "The odds of a payday are better when you are the house...Although it seems my luck, bad and good, continues to be driven by Riddleport's thieves."


Saul unlocks aa door behind the cashier, then leads the party through a maze of locked doors, then up a staircase. The noise of the crowd is muffled, the rough hewn floorboards replaced here with plush carpet.

Filigreed scrollwork encases doorways, giving the hallway a sense of grandeur. Upon closer inspection though, you see that most of the scrollwork is dirt left behind after the wood fell away.

Stopping at a set of double doors, Saul opens them with a flourish, inviting the party to join him inside.

Striding over to a desk which looks out over the main floor, Saul motions for everyone to take a seat on one of the plush couches.

Once everyone is situated, Saul offers everyone a drink. As if on cue, an elven girl walks in, a serving tray tucked under her arm. "Ah, Sam. Bring our new friends here some refreshments."

The girl blows a stray wisp of hair out of her face and takes everyone's order. Saul encourages everyone to drink up, as he's footing the bill.

"The Goblin has certainly seen better days," Saul says once the girl leaves. "Tonight is only a minor setback to reclaiming the glory this hall oncce had."

Saul goes silent for a few moments, then snaps out of his reverie, slapping his hands together. "But on to our current business. I admire the skill you all displayed out there on the floor. Had the guards been more attentive, we would have had a grand tournament. It would seem however, that things didn't go as planned. Nonetheless, time marches on, as does business.

"Anything of value found on the thieves is yours to take. I'll make sure the girl is detained, as I heard some of you inquire after wanting to question her. I too am curious as to what she has to say. My capp, Larur, will cash any chips you have left at 150% their value. I trust that is a satisfactory reward?"


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

i left 8 gold eyes by old scratch and a badge of erebus before my spectacle. i wish for permission to cash out those 8, and drop from the tournament with my soul intact. i also wish to request employment at this establishment.


Kira Moonsong wrote:
i left 8 gold eyes by old scratch and a badge of erebus before my spectacle. i wish for permission to cash out those 8, and drop from the tournament with my soul intact. i also wish to request employment at this establishment.

"A brash little thing aren't you? Any tokens left lying around are more than likely gone by now. If you can find them, I will certainly cash them for you. As for your soul, that contract was just part of the fantasy." Saul chuckles to himself.

"What besides hiding behind the bar can you do?


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

i recently discovered that i can create electrical discharge by singing nursery rhymes. i also have experience sewing clothes. and i can wash ale steins. i have yet to discover what other gifts i have. i also have limited ability in other cantrips, but neither the understanding nor control to master them.

Kira will head towards old scratch, pick up the 8 unattended gold eyes and the badge of erebus (assuming they are still there) and come back to Saul. as she returns, she will attempt to cash them out with saul for 150% value (should she find them).

when she returna, she will request hot tea. being that she is too young for alchohol.

i wish not to continue gambling, but i now seek employment. i wish to recover from the stains of my past and to live a more honest lifestyle, i hated having to swallow a bit of pride for every sailor whose 'carrot' has passed my lips. and i wish not to continue that horrible, shameful, dishonest, proffession.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

To Saul, "I would like to cash in 17 Gold Eyes and 4 Silver Teeth, I'll keep one of each as a souvenir if you don't mind, old raven's habit. But certainly you didn't go through the trouble of flying us to this cozy coop to merely offer a refund. What more, if anything, can I and my associates do for you? I understand that the young hatchling here is vying for a roost in the Gold Goblin, but for myself I could stretch my wings a bit further for you. If there's an opportunity to litter my nest with more baubles, I'll certainly do so." Sable sips his drink and converses lowly in Elven with the bird perched upon his staff. (assuming Korax made it inside, of course)

Anyone listening can hear that Sable is speaking very slowly and explaining the situation to the bird as if talking to a youth. The bird nods its head and when Sable mentions the people who assisted him, Korax caws their names softly in perfect Elven, committing them to memory.

Sable raises his drink to the party, in Common "To swift winds and new friends."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter politely places a request for a tankard of Ale, it is fairly clear he is a little uncertain around fair members of the opposite sex.

"Thank you Saul, I had very little on the table at the time, however I look forward to us growing a bountiful harvest together. I will say now, however, that I will only turn my hands to honest labour, and won't participate in anything...shady... Guarding your establishment, collecting whats owed, and preventing theft and vandalism are all legitimate passtimes."


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira will follow up with Sable. i agree with that, to swift winds and new friends.

the little elven girl eyes everyone for a few seconds i would like to apologize again for the trouble i have caused everyone earlier. i know i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so i don't try to pass myself off as such. may another individual among us compensate for the wit i lack?

she then looks to Saul i'm sure you need the services of another to help with keeping the establishment tidy. i could offer to accept a position washing dishes, bussing tables or sweeping floors. considering the appearent prosperity of this place, and the size of the gambling hall. hiring another 'maid' can always help. at least if i worked such a position, i would have a lot less need to sell carnal favors to desperate sailors.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable gestures to his raven, "Well I do not mean to brag but Korax here can count, remember, and speak the Elven language... but I do not believe that is what you were asking for, Kira." Sable chuckles. "Raise a dove among falcons and it will still be a dove. You should not weigh down your flight by pointing out your own flaws, but soar high on the attributes you can pride yourself upon. You were a fair right shot from behind the counter and certainly kept a few of my feathers from being shaved. You've a long migration ahead, little elf, but you'll make it through the storm. I accept your apology."


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"I have a blade and a sharp eye. Those two things should add up to being useful in this establishment. But, the chips matter little as I had little to spread about."


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Sweeney sips lightly at his drink, not wanting his better judgement to be swayed by spirits just yet. After everyone else has had a chance to speak, he will address Saul. "I'll cash in my chips. But I too think I will keep a golden eye, just for the novelty. If you're looking for help, as everyone else seems so adamant that you are, then you're in luck. It just so happens that I have absolutely no qualms about doing the things that other people might be cautious to. I also have a history of running games quite similar to the ones you have here. I'm happy to be whatever you need me to be, as long as there's coin in my hand by the end of the day."

To Kira:"Don't worry your pretty little face about it, Doll. Just keep your head down and your mouth closed and let the grownups do the thinking from now on."


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian takes a good swig of the Taldarian Whiskey that he ordered. After he recovers from the coughing fit, he gasps out, "Not as smooth as father kept on hand. But something I think I can get used to..given time."


"I hadn't even offered you a job, and you all volunteered. I'm offering each of you a junior partner position. Each of you has unique abilities, which we can use to turn the profits in our favor."

"I will find each of you a job in the casino befitting your talents. In addition, you shall act as bodyguards for some of more illustrious patrons, messengers for delicate information, and consultants on anything out of the ordinary which may arise."

"You can stay here, and take your meals here. Your salary will be ten gold pieces, and a cut of the Goblin's weekly profits."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"A starving crow will pick marrow if need be. I accept your proposal."


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

"Well, that seems like a mighty fine deal you've got there. Count me in." Satisfied, Sweeney takes a long drink from his glass and winces at the slight burn. "Not bad..." he mutters to himself.

251 to 300 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.