Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


201 to 250 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"HELLS BE DAMNED!" booms a voice like a cracking avalanche.
His eyes light fully with cold fury, face twisted into a snarl.

As the Elf cuts past on her merry dance his large trunk like arm forks out like lighting and grabs her up like a ragdoll.

Grapple - CMB 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 - Kira is now grappled.

"To the bloody kitchens with you, for some honest labour! Hells Teeth I have had ENOUGH of you child!"

AS the bouncers get close, he simply stands to his full height and stares them right in the eyes... "Excuse me gentlemen, please allow me to solve this dilemna on your behalf..."...he continues to man-handle the Elf towards the kitchens.

Intimidate - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Clearing his throat to break the tension, Sebastian leaves his 5 silver on the table. "Well, between studies, I was known to tread the boards. Let us see...Mercercio in The Sack and Pillage of Westmont. .Come friends! We call ourselves defenders against the barbarians, but should we not call them friends. Open the gates I say, let me welcome our new brothers...um...Well, that is where my role ends"

Perform, Oratory ->1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

"Ahem..well if I had an actual stage and then a horde to act against......I was well reviewed...."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Sebastian DeGray wrote:
"Ahem..well if I had an actual stage and then a horde to act against......I was well reviewed...."

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH! Thats classic :)


Croupier's roll: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) = 7

Winter latches onto Kira, who fights and thrashes for a minute. The floor walkers stop as Winter looms over them. Most of the patrons clear a path, as you make your way to the kitchen.

Sebastian's performance is enough of a distraction to allow Winter to get away, as the floor walkers stare at the bard in shock...not really sure what it was he was saying.

"Keep that girl off the floor," one spits out, "or she gets the mark." With that they turn back to their duties, and leave the party alone.

whoever had bets can roll their points

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

First point 1d20 ⇒ 14
Second point 1d20 ⇒ 15

To Sebastian in Elven, "Well that was..." Sable drifts off, at a loss.

Sable cashes in another 10 gold pieces for gold eyes.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira was shaken speechless by Winter. and she tries her best to escape his grasp. her attempts were futile and she attempted to hold her knees and thighs closer together as to make room and provide protection from potential attempted rape. a shaken look of shock was on her face. she decided to shift her weight to accomodate the potential violent tossing she beleives she is about to recieve. clenching her frail muscles to soak up the beating she may recieve and knowing that Winter's manhandling may currently be bruising her, but she knew that the bruises may be worse. her shaken body was producing a stress based electrical discharge she knew she couldn't control. the discharge was defensive in nature. more to mitigate the pain than to inflict injury.

escape artist

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

reflex save, to reduce the possible damage she may recieve

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Let us see what coin may fall in my proffered cap?
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 3

"ohh...tough crowd"


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

First point: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Second point: 1d20 ⇒ 2

"Ah, lucky at last." Sweeney will cash in a golden eye for another badge of Dis and says to the dealer, "This is for the imposing fellow when he returns, if he does not have one already. He has earned it."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Relieved she has the brains to cease her struggles, Winter drags the lass to the bar manager.

"This wayward child seems to be more mischief than she's worth, do you have a mountain of dishes or the like that may require her attentions? She seeks honest work that doesn't rely on much more than an ounce of wit - she has some growing up to do, but a comely lass like this is sure to be of at least some help"

He palms five silver chips onto the bar "Towards her first fortnights labour, and surety against any broken plates"

His silvery eyes have calmed and bear a hint of an almost paternal concern.

Diplomacy - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

"Listen child, if you care for your life you will sit down, shut up, and do as you are instructed!" he hisses at the small Elf.

Dumping her with the manager, his duty done, he returns back across the floor, pausing to check on the health of the bouncer and administer aid if required.

He then continues back to the table...

"Where were we, oh yes, lets have some dice"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

His throw...
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 6


As Winter and the other winners collect their winnings, and Kira is being instructed in the fine art of cleaning dirty ale steins, everyone make a Spot check.

DC 10 Spot:
A group of humans are clustered near the podium in the center of the game floor, paying particular attention to the guards and floor walkers.

You can make a Sense Motive check as well.

DC 15 Sense Motive - Do not open unless you pass spot check:
The group have all tensed up and closed their eyes.

DC 20 Spot:
As well as the humans on the gaming floor, you see a young woman wearing an eye patch peeking out of the lavatories, watching the group near the podium.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Tom SD GM wrote:
As Winter and the other winners collect their winnings, and Kira is being instructed in the fine art of cleaning dirty ale steins

He allows himself a slight smile, although the eyes also hint that he is just waiting for the young foal to topple back over again.

Perception - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Sense Motive - 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Hmmm, I think I see another damsel in distress...will this evening never end"

He walks toward the woman, although aiming slightly off, she is obviously worried about this gang/group nearby, but he doesn't want to scare her by going dead straight.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8
Winter Snow wrote:
"Hmmm, I think I see another damsel in distress...will this evening never end"

In Elven, "Damsel in distress? Aren't you the poppinjay? Strutting your feathers for that barmaid, still? Best of luck to you."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Sable Eboncrow wrote:


In Elven, "Damsel in distress? Aren't you the poppinjay? Strutting your feathers for that barmaid, still? Best of luck to you."

"Death is a Feather, Duty is a Mountain"


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira tries her best to silently clean the ale steins. keeping her mouth shut and unintentionally maintaining a shaken look of terror induced by winter. taking the occasional moment to wring and rerinse the rag between motions. she was thinking to herself silently within her own mind as she scrubbed the mugs is honest work really this laborous. i always imagined it would be a whole lot more desirable than this. but i must do as master Snow says as she continues scrubbing, trying her best not to break the mugs, again slipping through her mind at least it's not as bad as spreading my thighs for those pirates. twas only her first time doing this task whilst shaken. but she had to do it all the time for her surrogate father. even if the occasional mug slips, her innate elven reflexes seem more than sufficient to catch it before it breaks. she may be an amatuer at this, but maybe she isn't so bad at it after all. she still felt more comfortable with the sewing needle. she avoids the casino floor in fear that she will recieve the devil's mark.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8
Winter Snow wrote:
"Death is a Feather, Duty is a Mountain"

Sable nods. "Truer words never spoken. If you need assistance with anything, please let me know."

For the moment Sable turns back to the Bounder table. Sable closes his eyes and feels for his bond with Korax to ensure he is well.


I'm getting all into it and get called out to work. I'm finishing the map tonight, and will have it ready for tomorrow morning. A little bit more patience which I hope will be worth the wait :)


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Perception ->1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Ho! This should be rich. Sense Motive ->1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Female Human Fighter 1

JEEZ! How much time do you lot spend here? I come back after 18 or so hours and there are 50-ish new posts? I'm going to need to log on more often to keep up, I guess. :P

Skipping what I missed getting to post on...

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Kaylen, quickly and in a fierce whisper to all within range, "Something's about to happen. Close your eyes!" Taking her own advice, she'll screw her eyes shut and unwind her chained hammer from around her waist by touch, still facing in the direction of the podium.

Kaylen was still at the Ghoulette table, so GM Fiat on who is within loud/stage whisper range. Probably the croupier, maybe one or two others?


95% there...just need to finish up some of the tokens for the map. :) Was up until 2am working on this.

If Kaylen wants to be with the rest of the party, that's fine. Kira, you can also get in on the Spot checks.

Everyone will get a free move action, and then I'll need initiative from the group. I'll wait until everyone gets a chance to make their free action before anything else happens.

Kira will be working at the bar (The Goblin's Tankard--area 15). The lavatories (the girl with the eye patch) are the door directly north of where I left Sable's token (accidentally blacked it out). The nervous attendees are northeast of the podium. The party would be near the bounder table which I'll place at the southwest corner.

If everyone could post their coordinates along with their action and initiative rolls, I'll get an updated map online tonight. :)

Involved with a big job today, so I might not be able to post until after 4pm (PST).

combat map of goblin...enjoy :)

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable at H21

Sable stands from the Bounder table, his hand moving towards his sickle on his left hip.

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Fantastic work on the map!


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian saw the group by the chest, but thought nothing of it till the hissed warning. He catches himself to stop instinctively turning to look back toward the group. ...was somebody going to try something?..a robbery of the chest? Instead, he begins to back away from the table, his mind calculating possibilities

...Flash...Likely...blinding everyone for a quick getaway...Fireball...Possible...dangerous...watch for flying debris..get clear of table...Harmful Gaze...unlikely...difficultly with source..

As his mind continues to formulate ideas, he raises his arms before his face. One covers his eyes, the other finds the hilt of his sword above his shoulder and begins to draw it.

Initiative ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Sebastian next to Sable at I21


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira's initiative

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

kira's perception

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Kira will stay in the kitchens, continuing to wash the mugs. she didn't want to recieve the devil's mark by stepping onto the floor. and she wanted to finish every last mug. she was still shaken by Winter's manhandling. she wanted to watch the fight, but at the moment, washing the mugs was a priority. and the little elven girl was feeling rather hungry as well.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

I'll stick with my stated action above, Winter is going to check on the girl hiding in the toilets to make sure she is ok, shes obviously worried about this larger group - so move action towards the toilets. Not sure where the toilets are on the map, but he wandered toward them from the Bounder table.

And on a side note, I've noted for PbP you can save a little more time if the GM rolls the initiatives - it cuts a lot of posts - up to you guys though, just suggesting :)

Init - 1d20 ⇒ 8


Female Human Fighter 1

Given that we're getting a surprise round action, we might as well roll the Initiatives ourselves, though. In general, I agree with you.

Kaylen, keeping her eyes shut for the moment, will attempt to circle around to get a better angle on the people surrounding the podium without them noticing.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Theoretically, I'm attempting to move straight down 2, then diagonally down-left as far as I can. That should bring me to N17. Given that my eyes are shut, though... :)


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Hearing Kaylen's shout and the resulting shuffle of chairs and feet, Sweeney closes his eyes tigthly and springs up. His hand finds the hilt of his swortsword and draws it.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Sweeney is next to Sable at G20.
Excellent job on the map by the way!


Finally got the map completed (next one will be ready well in advance).

gold goblin - battle map

Have to meet my wife for lunch, will post the first round when I get back :)


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira's primary action

manifested out of Kira's sheer terror, an invisibile field of static electricity will form around her person as she hides behind and underneath the counter, providing protection and she will twitch her left hand, as she twitches her hand, a dagger sized blade will slide outward to just a little father than her knuckles. she won't quite drop prone, think of it more like ducking.

spellcraft DC16:

mage armor

Perception, DC 16:

Kira just drew a spring loaded dagger. it's use is similar to that of a punching dagger with the exception that the hand is still free to cast spells.

immediate action (Draw spring loaded dagger) (see spring loaded wrist sheath in adventurers armory)

standard action (cast mage armor)

move action, duck behind the counter and hide whilst quietly shaking

i thought the kitchens were behind the counter. it would make more sense to have her start at K2. she can still get a diagonal view from there. on the original map, i couldn't see the numbers very well. and it's still relatively close enough for "dish washing" at this point, if this tactic works, Kira's AC should climb to 21. but at the same time, her ranged spells take a -4 to hit penalty. (total -1 modifier)


The party all close their eyes as a bright light fills the gambling hall. A series of loud booms comes from the main doors, and the light intensifies, hurting your eyes even though they're closed.

Once the noise dies down and the light fades, the sound of metal scraping metal comes from the podium. Opening your eyes, you see the small group around the podium brandishing swords, a robed man holding a sickle. The guards are all clutching their heads, rubbing at their eyes, stumbling into patrons.

From the lavatory, the woman's voice cries out. "All right, folks! Drop to the ground and don't try anything stupid and we might let you live!"

If everyone can give me a general idea of what they'll do each round--5 rounds should cover it--I can collect everyone's notes and do one post, instead of waiting for people to post, and responding character by character--which kind of made the init rolls moot.

DM Notes:
Guards are all blinded for 5 rounds.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira will spend the 5 rounds sniping approaching thugs (or thier leaders) from cover (whispering the lyrics of random nursery rhymes to herself in the elven language as she does so), ducking back below/behind the counter and shifting 5 feet left or right (back and forth) (thus changing positions) with each shot. to perform her "sniping" she will try to force a bit of electircal discharge by sheer willpower, she figured that since, she accidentally hit a guard beforehand, that she can learn to channel this gift against the thugs and thier leaders. if she gets a chance to focus fire, consider it a boon.

round 1:

Stealth Check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Touch Attack roll

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16

Damage roll

1d3 ⇒ 3

concentration check (if applicable)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

round 2:

Stealth Check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Touch Attack roll

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8

Damage roll

1d3 ⇒ 1

concentration check (if applicable)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

round 3:

Stealth Check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Touch Attack roll

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16

Damage roll

1d3 ⇒ 3

concentration check (if applicable)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

round 4:

Stealth Check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Touch Attack roll

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 = 16

Damage roll

1d3 ⇒ 2

concentration check (if applicable)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

round 5:

Stealth Check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Touch Attack roll

1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0

Damage roll

1d3 ⇒ 2

Concentration check (if applicable)

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

spellcraft DC 15:

all 5 electrical discharges are the following

acid splash altered by bloodline arcana to deal electrical damage instead of acid damage.

if this tactic works, consider kira's Ac 21. due to mage armor and the cover provided by the counter.


Kira Moonsong wrote:

round 1....

round 2....

what happened to the spoilers tag? :)


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

i just added spoilers. i beleive i beat the DC 15 on all of the concentration checks. and the range should be roughly 25 feet. i already factored the penalties for sniping from cover. and moving even a mere 5 feet each time negates the associated stealth penalty. think of the bar counter as my sniping tower. the verbal components are Kira's random nursery rhymes. which are now being whispered.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter appears rather surprised that the damsel he was off to rescue has turned out to be the ringleader. Dispite that slight error of judgment, he has regathered his wits and recognised a behaviour he knows all too well from life in the mountains and the rough types that wander the dark roads.

He simply draws his sword and stands his ground, sword blade against his shoulder - he isn't being aggressive, but he has no intention of meekly playing along.

He simply draws his sword and stands his ground, and in (almost) the blink of an eye the large man has been replaced with a giant double - a 10' tall juggernaut stands where he stood, face locked in a hard mask, emotionless and immovable as a mountain. Massive sword blade against its shoulder - it isn't being aggressive, but it has no intention of meekly playing along.

1:

Move Action - Draw sword.
Swift action - Growth.- Reach is now 10', so if they charge etc they will provoke an AoO - 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 103d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1, 6) + 4 = 17
Readied action - Attack.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 143d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 4 = 10

2:
Move Action - Intimidate nearest Guard - Attack.1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 = 16 Vs 10 + the target’s Hit Dice + the target’s Wisdom modifier.
Swift Action - maintain Growth
Attack. (if necessary)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 173d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 4 = 15

Simply put, his main intent is not to be 'the aggressor' but simply defend his patch and his valuables. As long as the robbers are simply taking property and not actively harming anyone. He figures a 10' angry giant should be just the impetus these people need to leave quickly with as little damage as possible. That all being said, once actual blood looks like being shed he will be morally forced to intervene. He also wont be inclined to hand over so much as a copper or move out of the way etc if ordered to by the brigands

I added two rounds because it could all get really untidy after that!

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable gets a wild look about him and his uncivilized way of life quickly becomes apparent. Spotting the robed figure with a sickle like his own, Sable makes his way to him, hoping to incapacitate him if his choice of weapon reflects his profession as Sable's own sickle does.

Round 1:

Primary action Sable draws his sickle and moves towards the thug at K11

OR Secondary action If K11 Thug is down, Sable draws sickle and moves towards robed figure at N11

Round 2:

Primary action Sable attacks K11 thug with his sickle

Attack roll 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Damage (if applicable) 1d6 ⇒ 2

Secondary action Sable finishes moving to N11 robed figure and attacks with sickle

Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Round 3:

Primary action Sable calls loudly in Elven for Korax, and emphatically sends Danger while attacking the K11 Thug with sickle

Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Secondary action Sable calls for Korax and attack N11 robed figure with sickle OR if seriously wounded (at 2 or lower HP) he will attempt to defend himself and back away

Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Round 4:

Primary action Sable puts away his sickle and defends himself

Secondary action If seriously wounded, Sable attempts to retreat

Round 5:

Primary action Sable puts his thumbs together, hands fanned out, and speaking the Elven words for "fire fan" he casts burning hands at his current foe

Saving Throw DC 15
Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

Secondary action If still engaged in combat, Sable tries to withdraw and step back


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Unsure of his current predicament, Sweeney studies his surroundings. He's not about to let a bunch of amateurs make a scene and take the money that he feels belongs to him, after all of the hard work he put into 'playing fair' for it. He quickly understands that he has no chance in a fair fight here, so he ducks low and tries to maneuver around the thugs, hoping to stab at their backs and make quick kills. He slightly shivers at this, for it has been some time since he has killed, and he has nearly forgotten the thrill that accompanies it.

Round 1:

Spoiler:
Using the crowd as cover, Sweeney will duck and attempt to hide and move silently, using both of his move actions to move behind the thug at K11.
Stealth check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Round 2:

Spoiler:
If the thug does not notice him, Sweeney will Sneak Attack the thug. Otherwise he will attack normally. Or, if the thug is already dead, he will move to the nearest thug and attack them instead.
Attack roll (shortsword): 1d20 ⇒ 19, critical confirm 1d20 ⇒ 9, damage 1d6 ⇒ 6, sneak attack damage 1d6 ⇒ 2

Round 3:

Spoiler:
If the thug is still standing after Sweeney's last attack, he will attack again. Otherwise he will move to the next closest thug and attack.
Attack roll (shortsword): 1d20 ⇒ 16, damage 1d6 ⇒ 5

Round 4:

Spoiler:
If the thug is still standing after Sweeney's last attack, he will attack again. Otherwise he will move to the next closest thug and attack.
Attack roll (shortsword): 1d20 ⇒ 5, damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Round 5:

Spoiler:
If the thug is still standing after Sweeney's last attack, he will attack again. Otherwise he will move to the next closest thug and attack.
Attack roll (shortsword): 1d20 ⇒ 2, damage 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian is not looking for trouble, but is not willing to let villains make off with his potential winnings. His initial thought is not let them get out the door.

Round 1:
Sebastian will move to the doors as a full round action.

Round 2:
He will attack anyone making for the door. If others actions are occupying the thugs, he will move up to where Winter is putting on his growth act. He will extol his friends within 30 ft with his oratory providing +1 to hit and +1 AC vs the thugs. A suitable quote about striking at a villain's heart and that those heavy with shame cannot lift their arms against justice.

Knowledge Local(?) Check to activate Archivist Skill1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Round 3:
Will continue his quotes (free action) and attempt to help flank and attack the thugs.

Potential Attack ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Potential Damage ->1d10 ⇒ 9

Round 4:
Will continue his quotes (free action) and attempt to help flank and attack the thugs.

Potential Attack ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Potential Damage ->1d10 ⇒ 1

Round 5:
Will continue his quotes (free action) and attempt to help flank and attack the thugs.

Potential Attack ->1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Potential Damage ->1d10 ⇒ 9


Female Human Fighter 1

Kaylen, unlike the rest of the current party, has no qualms about dropping these thugs who are clearly out to rob the place. That feeling goes double when there's a chance of winning what they plan on stealing. With Meteor Hammer in hand, she'll be smashing faces as necessary until the thieves are dealt with in one way or another.

Round 1:
Kaylen will move diagonally, then up to square P13, where she'll have two thugs in range. Then she'll make an attack on the one closer to the restrooms.

Round 2:
Kaylen, if either or both of the thugs have moved closer to her, will five-foot-step away so they're both at the 10-ft range of her weapon, and attack again. In general, she's trying to make her way toward the leaders if she can, but she's also going to try to avoid taking damage when she can, and she'll make AoOs when she can.

Round 3-5:
If Kaylen sees an opportunity to move to where she can threaten the leaders and/or multiple thugs, she'll move to that spot, and attack. Targets in order: thugs that have already been hit, the leaders, healthy thugs. Rinse and Repeat

The Dice:
As necessary, here are attack rolls that can be used for in-round actions and AoOs, which she's hoping to get, and damage to be applied as necessary:
Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Attack 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Attack 4: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Attack 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
AoO 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
AoO 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
AoO 3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage 1: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage 2: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 3: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage 4: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 5: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Crit-Confirm Roll 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Crit-Confirm Roll 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
The dice seem to love Kaylen for the most part right now. :D

Kaylen is mostly using a general strategy of smash them at range, and threaten as many AoOs as possible.


Round 1:A green bolt of energy comes streaming out of the bar area, and smashes into the thug nearest the bar. Green viscous globs stick to him, arcing with electricity as they bounce off of his neck, and singe the hairs on the back of his head.

The rest of the thugs move towards the podium, flanking Angvar and the woman. She continues threatening the crowd, about half of which have dropped to the ground, the rest yelling and screaming, trying to get out the door.

Angvar turns to the kitchen, but seeing no source of the green energy bolt, moves toward the platform, taking a scroll out from within his robes.

The party advances on the thieves, Sweeney moving into position to strike. Kaylen let's her meteor hammer fly out, glancing off the closest thieve's shoulder. The thief turns, stunned, and looks around to see the rest of the party. "Angvar..." he says, and the robed man turns his attention to Kaylen.

combat grid after round 1

Had some personal stuff to sort through today...by sunday morning, all the rounds will be posted, and the storyline will be moving along. :)

DM Notes:
Thug 1 = 5/8 hp


Round 2:

A second orb comes flying from out of the kitchen, exploding in the midst of a crowd of patrons, splattering them with electrically charged goo.

Sweeney moves like a cat through the throngs of panicked gamblers, to wind up at the flank of one of the thieves. With an efficiency of movement, he twists his blade into the back of the thief, and drops him in one quick move. The thief gurgles out a threat as he slumps to the ground.

Crushing the neck of the already dead thief, Sable pounces on the rogue who moved to attack, and receives a gash across his mid-section for his efforts.

Angvar begins casting a spell, and Kaylen moves quickly to strike. The chained ball of the meteor hammer spins around Angvar's neck and lands squarely between his eyes, the heavy metal ball crushing the spell casters face. Bone and blood drip off of Angvar's face as his tongue tries to finish the incantation. Pulling hard on the meteor hammer, Kaylen sends the ball flying towards the nearby thief, sending the ball into his chest, crushing his ribcage, the bones piercing his lungs.

Sebastian leaves the doorway, seeing the thieves being quickly dispatched, and encourages his newfound friends to press their attack. "The limbs can not function without the brain! Get the girl and we'll be done with it."

winter watches the fight coming to a close before it had barely begun.

Thuvalia stops, seeing Angvar fall. With a shriek she runs to his side, slumping down and grabbing at his mangled face.

The thief who had been hit with the electrical goo moves to Thuvalia, his sword drawn, eyeing the PCs.

The remaining thief moves to block Sweeney, and take a swipe at his, which goes wide with the distraction of Thuvalia's shriek.

combat grid after round 2

DM Notes:
Dead: Angvar, thug2, thug3; Thuvalia=full hp; Thug 1 = 5/8 hp; Thug 4 = 6/8 hp

You can all break with combat, or continue the slaughter, I'll leave it up to you guys.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

you would think one of the thugs would approach me. i'd like to continue the bandit slaughter. maybe assisting in taking out the bandits could pose some kind of reward. possibly a pardoning of some kind and a potential chance to apply for a job.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter moves closer to the fracas (I15), his goant frame dominating the space.

Does Thuvalia still appear to be armed? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"Surrender now, there's no way out"
Intimidate 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 = 28 - Try to cow her into giving up.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

may i retcon my actions for rounds 3-5?

round 3:

kira will move to N6 and fire acidic goo at the thug on L10

round 4:

if the thug still stands, Kira will fire acidic goo at him and step 15 feet back to N3.

round 5:

if thuvalia's down, kira will return to the kitchens and resume washing mugs

if thuvalia is still up, Kira will boldly challenge her to a game of "Tag" and call for the assistance of her newfound companions.

the rolls are in one of my previous posts, you can ignore the unnessecary ones

i apologize for focusing too much on Kira's 8 wisdom. she just hasn't had a chance to utilize her 16 int. i guess we can say she that she has processing difficulties as well. which goes well with what she has done before.


Female Human Fighter 1

That was more effective than I thought. :D

Taking a step towards Thuvalia as she looks around, Kaylen will call out, "You should surrender. Three of your companions are dead. We can continue dancing and the rest of you will end up that way, or you can surrender and we can settle this."

That said, Kaylen will ready herself to attack if Thuvalia or or of her thugs makes a hostile move.

This post will interrupt my other actions. Still, if combat continues then just draw from what I have posted above.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

While Sable still draws breath, he continues to push through the thugs, changing his targets to J12 Thug and Thuvalia, his actions remain the same if Thuvalia does not back down.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

i'm hoping Kira gets either a pardon or a job offer for attempting to help stop the thugs (maybe both), even if she was horribly inneffective. i beleive the intent matters more than the results. but i can't seem to find sable's post.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

I'm double posting this because it shows in my Recent Posts but I can't see it on the board. Sorry if you guys see it twice.

While Sable still draws breath, he continues to push through the thugs, changing his targets to J12 Thug and Thuvalia, his actions remain the same if Thuvalia does not back down.


Kaylen wrote:

That was more effective than I thought. :D

I took your best rolls, and used my 'critical hit deck'. They got pulzerized into the negative hps

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

The Critical Hit and Fumble decks are so much fun! Magic fumbles are very very bad when you're on the receiving end of it.

201 to 250 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.