Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


101 to 150 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

thinking if everyone wants to save their coins for the tournament, we can do so. Just fill in the time with some roleplaying until everyone is back. Another thought is after the bounding yesterday, it will be a lot easier if everyone plays the same game at the same time. Another thought is it's going to take time to get to the storyline. I'm good either way, I just don't want people getting bored and dropping out.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

I am up for gambling, or we can progress to the tournament whenever everyone is ready. Are we still missing anyone?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter would only gamble a low wager or two, as he wouldn't have had too much exposure to it, and would likely see it as a fast way to lose cash as he is fairly wise - dont let that stop any others though!

As he looks around the room, it slowly begins to dawn on Winter that there are a lot of women here, and he is rather enjoying the novelty of the situation; they are much fairer than the travellers at the trading post. That being said, he is still keeping to himself, and keeping out of trouble. He knows he is big string and handsome, which is exactly why the Brothers tried to keep him away form some of the comely elven lasses - to avoid further scandals.

He is trying hard to honour their teachings, but young lads do as young lads do...


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

after Kira gets bored of studying the games, she will approach Winter. she will place her arm around his shoulder and gaze at the imp as well. she will whisper in his ear in the elven language all of these succubi are unsettling me. i entered the contest to get away from my dishonest trade, not to watch others preen for the lust of scoundrels like i have.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1
Sable Eboncrow wrote:
Replying in Elven, "Yes, it is quite fascinating, but a mild devil is still a devil. I give the Gold Goblin credit for attempting to create the scene. It's a much more comfy rook than the rest of this place. My apologies if Riddleport is your nest, I am not accustomed to being among this large of a flock."

"This piss pot? Not my home by a long shot. Cassomir's great port in Taldor. Although if I do not come away from today's event with any coin, Riddleport is destined to become my new home...or more likely my grave."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Kira Moonsong wrote:
all of these succubi are unsettling me. i entered the contest to get away from my dishonest trade, not to watch others preen for the lust of scoundrels like i have.

"Then the discomfort is the first sign you are moving to a new life. Take some comfort from the discomfort, and let it aid your moral compass as you navigate the hills and valleys to your new being; I must admit I find them strangely intriguing, however I have spent my years on the side of a mountain with little such contact. Despite the attraction,I recognise it as the fools gold it is...so am not inclined to beg or buy their favour"

"The contest is alluring, I agree, but don't leave it solely to the fates to deliver you. A good man does not wait for natures bounty to fall into his lap, Erastil shows us that it is by careful planning, the tilling of the soil, the planting of the seed, the harvest of the crop and the thoughtful storage, taht in the coldest winter months we may still feed and prosper with abundance. It is our planning and our organisation in bringing order to the wild that separates us from the Druids... they seek to maintain the natural order, we seek to give it structure. Structure yourself now by thinking of what field you are seeking, and then we may turn our thoughts to the correct seeds..."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8
Sebastian DeGray wrote:
"This piss pot? Not my home by a long shot. Cassomir's great port in Taldor. Although if I do not come away from today's event with any coin, Riddleport is destined to become my new home...or more likely my grave."

"I know what you mean. I hope to migrate home soon myself, but I am afraid I cannot until I have the answers I seek... let them fly swiftly to me, for the feasting grounds of gulls is not my preferred rook at all. Forgive me, I have not introduced myself. My name is Sable. Have you come for the tournament?"

Sable glances around to see if any familiar faces yet linger or have been driven away by running out of luck.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Sebastian, Sebastian DeGray. Scholar of small renown and smaller luck. But yeah, I hope the tournament starts soon, as I do not have the coin to spare on these smaller games."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Luck has not had me under her wing this eve, but I am in high spirits nonetheless, I am also going to try my hand in the tournament. I wish you fortune, Sebastian. You say you are a scholar, in what area is your focus?"


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Disappointed at the apparent lack of 'private' entertainment, Sweeney will idly wander back to the gambling hall. Noticing the small crowd of people gathered around the caged imp, he shall approach them.

"Good afternoon, fellows. Eagerly awaiting the tournament? I don't suppose anyone would happen to know the details of what we're about to get ourselves into?"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable turns towards Sweeney and replies to him in Common, "If I had to sum it up in one word- trouble." Sable laughs, "Welcome back, friend. A successful endeavor?"


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

"Hm? Oh, yeah. These girls really know their way around. I could barely bring myself to leave the room, but alas, I'm on my last copper. So, what's old cute-and-fluffy doing up there, anyway?" he says, gesturing towards the caged imp.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Other than appearing violent and melancholy, I am not certain. However I am no expert. This friendly scholar," he indicates Sebastian, "knows more than I do. He is the one who informed me that Old Scratch is a creature called an imp, a devil of some sorts. Knowledge on devils flies far above my mantle."


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

To Sebastian, in Common:"Well, look at the big brain on Sebastian. Got anything else useful under your thinking cap? What are these things capable of? I guess if he's a Devil and we're here to Cheat one, that might be good to know. My name's Sweeney, by the way. Nice to meet you."


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Sweeney eh? I am Sebastian." Looking back up at the cage. "Thassilonian history is my specialty, but I know a bit about these. I have read Thorazan's Treatise on Summoning Circles and Their Denizens that broached the topic on imps, although I never seen one directly. Mainly they are the easiest devil to summon and thus often serve wizards foolish enough to enter into an infernal contract. Not overly smart, but very tricky when it wants to be."


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

"Well, I don't know about half of what you just said, friend, but I once knew a half-orc woman who was the same way, so I get your meaning. Thanks for the warning.

So by the by, what brings you here? The money? The women? The men? If you know about how tricky these devils can be, why risk bargaining with one? It doesn't seem to suit a man of your understanding." Sweeney says with a grin.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"I guess there comes a day when every smart man becomes desperate enough to make foolish mistakes...lack of coin has hastened my reckoning."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"...or a man who feels his wits will give him the edge he needs. The fates dealt us the hand that led me here, I am hoping they will also deal the hand that gets me out in one piece, or the lessons from my elders illuminate my path from ruin. Should I fail on my quest, then anothers life will surely be forfeit before it's time, and I'd rather that didn't happen"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Seeing Winter, Sable addresses him in Elven, "Once more I see that your words are spoken with an owl's wisdom. I have heard you often speak of the one you call Erastil. If I am able, once this tournament concludes, I would greatly like to discuss this Erastil in more detail if you are willing to do so." Sable shifts back to the Common tongue. "You say that a life stands in the balance upon your success here?"


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

In Common:"It would certainly seem that some of us have more at stake here than others. I guess the question is, who has the guts to take home the prize? I'm looking forward to the challenge, myself."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter continues the talk in Elven...
"I would happily share with you my knowledge of Erastil, and the benefits and joys he offers. Even should you find that the gifts he gives are not ones that you should choose to take as your own, the simple wisdom of his gifts can well be used in your daily life, planning, preparedness, order; and the resulting wealth of an abundant harvest, whatever your crop"

"Old man Owl is wise indeed, he picks and chooses the most opportune time to hunt, and marks his quarry well. His brother the Eagle gives us his gift of sharp eyes, that we may have better foresight and ability to cast our minds high and see a bigger picture"

"Indeed a life hangs in the balance, our home is up in the mountains behind Riddleport and recently it was destroyed by fire, a true accident, but devastating nonetheless. We have had the fortune of having some basic shelters built, but they are bitterly cold and an unforgiving place for those succeptible to the snowy frosts. Our eldest brother is of an advanced age, and such conditions would freeze his vitae before his time... he is stubborn as a mountain goat insists on staying. f he must insist on staying then I must be stubborn as a mountain goat too, and get the funds for us to build another modest abode, but one fitting my Brothers and enough to keep him well sustained through the winter. Should I fail then I doubt he will see another Spring."

"It is my hope that we get the new home built soon, and that we may be able to invite people such as yourself to stay with us and see how we live, that the simlpeness of our message be better understood and perhaps bring a little light into the darkness of Riddleport. Perhaps a home for these urchins that they might find a new opportunity in hard toil for honest rewards and a warm family"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

In Elven, "It would be an honor to take roost with you, Winter. If I find the answers I seek here in Riddleport, then I will fly swiftly to your aid and offer what help I can in rebuilding your nest. If Erastil has taught you the way of the owl and the eagle, then perhaps there are flights I could yet take under his guidance, or yours. It is my hope that your eldest clutchmate may yet live to see the next hatchlings come Spring." Sable smiles warmly.


Female Human Fighter 1

Seeing the group clustered under the Imp, Kaylen will wander back over from the bar with a second drink in hand. "What have we here? Admiring the scenery? What happened to your little event in room 7, Mr. Sweeney?"

Tone is aimed to poke fun at him, since it seems that he wasn't in there for long. Also, ready to start the Tournament when everybody else is. Mostly open on the game of choice.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

Sweeney offers a cheeky smile and a wink."Oh, it was quite enjoyable. I merely decided to keep things brief so as not to miss all the exciting goings-on out here. By chance I've found quite the interesting group of people here to mingle with. May I introduce you to Sable, Sebastian, Winter and Kira? Perhaps some of you have already met? We'll all be entering the tournament together it seems. I, for one, propose a toast to all of you, in the name of good sportsmanship. Who will join me?" he says as he raises his mug of ale high into the air.

I too am ready to begin the tournament when everyone else is on board. Sweeney will remain here until then to keep things simple.


As daylight fades, and the windows begin to darken with twilight, several gamehall employees enter, carrying torches shaped like pitchforks skewering burning heads. They go around the room lighting several large braziers, giving the hall a more infernal hue. A hush falls over the gathered crowd as a short man climbs the central podium, accompanied by two gorgeous succubi, and stands before the gold, chain-shrouded chest there with a demoness on either side. He wears a formal suit, and his thinning black hair is slicked back. His left arm ends in a stump just above the wrist, and affixed to it is a bronze cap from which protrudes an oddly shaped key. He bows before the crowd and clears his throat before speaking.

“Welcome, one and all, to the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall and your chance to cheat the Devil and win back not only your soul but all of his gold as well.” He says this last as he pats the large chest before which he stands. “I hope you found your reception by the Devil’s lovely temptresses suitably entertaining.”

This is met by a general murmur of laughter and a few catcalls.
“Let’s take this moment to thank Old Scratch himself for attending this event. Not only did he loan us these lovely, dark angels, but he also emptied the deepest vaults of Hell itself to provide the gold for this tournament.”

With this, he directs the crowd’s attention up to the imp in the birdcage. At the sudden attention, Old Scratch flies into a flurry of rage, banging the cage bars, spitting, howling, and screaming vile epithets in Infernal at all assembled. His theatrics are received with guffaws and even a smattering of applause.

“Of course, he plans on replacing what he loses in gold with the souls of those of you who don’t win. The tournament rules are quite simple—as you play, you’ll earn more chips. And with those chips, you’ll be able to bribe your way out of the current Hell you’re trapped in, working your way down deeper until you get to Old Scratch’s treasury. Currently, all of you are Old Scratch’s prisoners in the first of the Hells, Avernus. If you want to work your way down to the ninth circle, you need to win games. Each time you win, you’ll be awarded a golden eye. If you come in second, you’ll get a silver tooth. And third place wins a copper heart. These bits of flesh and bone are what the devils use in Hell for currency, and they’re what you’ll need to pay in order to bribe your way into the next layer of hell. The first player to win a game after reaching Nessus not only keeps his winnings for that game, but also earns back his soul and the ten thousand silver coins that the Devil put up for this tournament. You can, of course, decide to cash out your winnings at any time you want, but if you do, or if you run out of money entirely… well, that means Old Scratch gets you.”

He grins evilly and the caged imp cuts loose with another profane tirade. “And that earns you the Devil’s Mark and an escort out of the
game hall until the tournament is over. What, you ask, exactly is this Devil’s Mark? Well, it’s something too utterly horrible to even contemplate. The forfeiture of your very soul, it is. But I suppose I can show you what it is—gods know I more than deserve the Devil’s Mark. In fact, better make it two, girls!”

With that, the two succubi accompanying him lean over and each firmly plants a kiss on his cheek with her ruby-red lips. When they pull away, their lip rouge has left clearly visible prints in the same shocking red on his cheeks. The host beams as he cries out, “The Devil’s Mark, everyone!” which is greeted by a flurry of shouts, catcalls, and hoots. “Now, let’s cheat the Devil and take his gold!” which prompts one more rabid flurry from the imprisoned fiend above, and with that, the tournament begins.

Succubi begin circulating the room, handing everyone a single wooden chip, painted a dull gold, telling the contestants that it's a gold eye.


Copper Heart - dull red - 1cp
Silver Tooth - dull gray - 1sp
Gold Eye - dull gold - 1gp

The tournament (and any subsequent gammbling at the hall) will use these chips. If you remember the handout, and the different levels, you will need 3 gold eyes and a badge of Dis to reach the second 'round'. You can buy more chips at any time, so you're not limited to just the one gold eye that you start out with.

For games, we'll say everyone plays at the same table. There's bounder and ghoulette. I know gambling halls would have more games, but we are playing pbp, and it could take an insane amount of time to play through any card games.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

How does one earn a badge?


Sebastian DeGray wrote:
How does one earn a badge?

you buy them with gold eyes. If you want the badge of Dis, you cash in 1 gold eye. Erebus, you'd cash in your badge of Dis and 3 gold eyes.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Clutching his chip, Sable grins and turns towards those he has been conversing with. In Common, "Well, my friendly flock, who is up for a game of Ghoulette? And if all goes well, I'll see you all in Hell." Sable chuckles, enjoying the atmosphere immensely.


Male Half-elf Rogue 1

"It looks like we're in for the long haul now. Count me in."
To the dealer, in Common:"Tell me, good man, what are the rules of Ghoulette?"


The dealer looks over at the group, and bids them to take a seat. "Place your chips on any of the twelve markers laid out here before you. Then I'll give Dungo here a spin," at which point he brings your attention to a shriveled head atop the ghoulette wheel. (think roulette)
He points out various insults written in common, printed around the wheel.

"Dungo will spin around, and he'll issue an enraged insult at someone based on the particular topic he is looking at on the wheel. To put up with this verbal abuse, anyone who has coins on the subject matter of this insult is paid the amount of gold eyes that he bet."

"If he says something nice, everyone at the table will get a silver eye"

so if you bet 1 gold eye, you'd win 2. Bet 2, you'd win 4, etc...

You can place a bet on one of the following 12 spaces:
1 Appearance
2 Bloodline
3 Demeanor/Presence
4 Hygiene
5 Skill
6 Clothes/Equipment
7 Body
8 Race
9 Courage
10 Profession
11 Brains
12 “Something Nice”

pic of ghoulette wheel

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

To the dealer in Common, "I would like to buy 10 Gold Eyes, and I'll wager 2 on Race."


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Giving a short covetous glance at Sable's stash of chips, he hands his chip to the dealer, "Can I get silver teeth for this?".

He places 5 silver on Profession, as his scholarship is all he has left. To Sable, "Unless I am missing something, the odds here are terrible." The idea that this tournament might save him is starting to disappear as quickly as he imagines his money will.


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira also asks, may i buy 10 gold eyes as well? i'd like to bet 2 of those eyes on body . she then hums an elven nursery rhyme to herself and the wheel will end up spinning exactly in Kira's favor for this "hand". in other words, it will be gauranteed to land on body. if successful, she will be extremely cheery yet completely ignorant of the spell she just cast.

i had miscalculated my starting wealth and fixed that. i came out richer

Spellcraft DC15:

predestigitation spell to manipulate the wheel in her favor. hidden behind the elven nursery rhyme.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

To Sebastian in Elven, "To learn to fly, one must take the first leap. There is little in this place that I need coin for, and I am not reduced to eating crusts yet. If Ghoulette does not favor anyone at the table this round, I am willing to give Bounder another shot and I'll compensate you for your losses at this table. Your company is worth at least a few gold eyes, and I'm better for your scholarly knowledge on Old Scratch. The risks may be great, but the reward is greater. One may complain of a faster flight due to loss of coin, but I doubt I'd hear the same squawk if you were too laden with coin to be airborne... Unless you are afraid that Dungo will sully your virtue?"

Perception to notice Kira's actions 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
(If Perception successful) Spellcraft to identify spell 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Female Human Fighter 1

"Could I get teeth in exchange for this as well? I'll put one on Body, one on Clothes/Equipment and keep the remainder for now. We'll see what kind of insults this little ghoul can dish out."

Swap the Gold eye for 10 silver teeth, then bet as listed.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

In Elven"That is a generous offer. More than I would have expected in such a den of iniquity. I hope to have my profession sullied enough that it will not come to that."


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira looks towards Sable, asking him in the elven language why are you staring at me like that? was my recital of "Mary had a little lamb" really that amazing? tis always been a lucky song for me. i never knew why, but it just happens to be. Kira was obviously completely unaware of the spell she just cast.

sense motive DC5:

Kira is completely oblivious to what magical power her nursery rhyme actually held.

i retconned Kira's age to include her decade throughout Varisia. it's still within the elven range of adolescence though.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter cashes the eye for 10 teeth, and buys another 10 besides.

Placing 5 teeth on Brains, he awaits the spin curiously.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sense Motive towards Kira 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Speaking to her in Elven, "Does a rooster know how to crow? Does a goose know how to take point in flight to make it easier on his flock? Heed me, child, for there is a strange wind about you, and if you do not understand it, it can get you hurt. You may not understand what I am saying, or think there is anything special about you, but there is a mystery to you that has yet to show its crest to you. A simple song of luck it may be, but even the robin's song carries magic enough to brighten a mood, but a raven's caw can also impend doom. If you are not careful, there are vultures that would exploit more than your body, young one." Sable speaks softly, but his gaze carries a weight with it.


The croupier grabs a haandle and gives Dungo a spin. As the head spins around, he tries to keep his eyes on Kira.

The head spins for a minute and slows down on clothes. As the spinner seems to slow down to a stop, it unnaturally keeps rotating to 'body'.

Dungo then glares at Kira, and spits out at her, "Your chest is so flat you might as well go down to the docks and sign up as a gang plank!"

The croupier passes Kira 4 gold eyes, and tilts the game board towards a slot which collects the rest of the bets.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable chuckles and asks in Common, "May I cash in one gold eye for the next badge? And I'd like to wager two eyes on Profession if I could, please."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

To notice the wheels strange behaviour...1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Winter looks the wheels slightly odd movements, and looks at his money subsequently being taken from the table, and is starting to feel as though he may have been cheated... his is trying to calculate in his mind whether things are as they seem...

Did he catch that it was unnatural?


Female Elf Master Summoner 1

Kira asks may i also cash in a gold eye for the next badge? i'd like to wager 2 eyes on profession as well . Kira sings her lucky song again. reciting the same nursery rhyme, "Mary had a little lamb" in elven. this time, the wheel will now unnaturally spin until it lands on profession. also in Kira's favor

spellcraft DC15:

predesitigation to make the wheel land on profession for the second spin.


Female Human Fighter 1

No ball on the wheel, guys. Just what the head is pointing at.

Perception to notice the odd wheel or the subtle casting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

If she notices: Kaylen, thinking something might be up, will put down 5sp on the category Kira bet on. Profession.

If she doesn't notice: Kaylen will think about it for a minute, then put down 2sp on Courage.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Unable to shake the feeling that something was amiss, Winter stands back, large arms folded over his chest as he watches the gamblers, his face and demeanour has cooled considerably, his stare cold and expresionless.

Perception to catch the 'cheating' - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Sense motive to work out which people might also be involved 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

To Winter in Elven, "The chick knows not how to cluck."

Sable crooks his head towards Kira in hopes that Winter understands the message.

Bluff to relay to Winter the secret message 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter nods gently, whether or not he picks up the subtlety of the message is moot, as he clearly understands the context.

His silver eyes are frosty cool, he is annoyed at losing five silvers, but clearly becoming furious that he was "cheated"...

No Sense Motive required, he's about as subtle in his cooling mood as a blizzard

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Continuing to speak to Winter in Elven, "Winter, I ask that you try to calm yourself and enjoy the game... for your soul's sake. If you would feel more comfortable winning this tournament at Bounder, then I will join you once I collect or lose this bet. Do not scuttle amongst gulls when you are meant to soar with eagles. If you leave now, all is forfeit."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

In Elven - "The 'contract' is void, as cheating is as evident as the sun and the moon. I am angered that I have been cheated of my purse, and angered at the insult it carries... perhaps I let my judgment err in coming here; The Teaching of Erastil is right, there is no shortcut, there is only planning, planting, growth and harvest. The shortness of time saw me try to move the season, and it has resulted in a terrible harvest"

Winter moves away to thaw his anger.

101 to 150 of 7,148 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.