Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


5,651 to 5,700 of 7,148 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"An evening constitutional stroll then...you have much to tell me. History, culture, facts, stories...beliefs."

Winter continues his radiant charm towards Eviana, offering her the crook of his elbow as though her guided tour is a given fact.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Never a fast thinker except in anger; Kabal took a minute to make some decisions that were now 'his responsibility'.

An equal share will go to all who join the war band. If they dont survive their next of kin will recieve their share. But there will be no looting until every drow lies in a pool of its own wretched blood. Anything that belonged to the elves of Crying Leaf are to be returned to their rightful owners before the spoils are split.

The Brevian was a man ruled by passion and as much as he desired to kill every last drow on his forsaken rock he knew the only reason they were here was to rescue Brandon...and the other captives I reckon... Still as the new leader of this raid he couldnt let the elves know that...doesnt matter. This next order is as easily understood through practicality and strictly tactical in nature...

The captives have to be the first priority. Else they will use them as leverage against us. Silsavar, do you have maps of the battlefield? And we'll need recent scouting reports as well.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree asks Kabal, "What can I do to help?"


Evina takes Winter's arm and smiles at the aasimar

I didn't know that the followers of Erastil know so much about manners, I thought you all were solemn guardians and hunters.

Silsavar's gaze follows Winter and Eviana and everyone notices the glint of jealousy, it takes the warrior a moment to answer Kabal

We have, I will fetch them and I return with those who scouted during the last days. We meet again here, I assume?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"One does not build a healthy family with a large crop of children by simply being solemn all the time; we aren't a humourless lot, it's just we tend to the simpler things. We are farmers and hunters. Where we can, the farmer part of our philosophy urges us to help create order, and to temper the savage beasts that they may become more domesticated and less dangerous, as I have been doing in Riddleport. That takes patience, and that takes manners... we must learn to be diplomatic where we can, and when to be forthright when we must, those are the tools of farming a society. Where it becomes impossible to simply be the peaceful farmer, then we become the hunter, and we give our prayers and thanks to Erastil. Prayers that our hunters return safely, and thanks for him giving the gift of the Bow to hunt with"

"As an example I look to my companions, fearless and blood loyal the lot of them. Whilst there are many who would baulk at their rough demeanours and quarrelsome natures, they have a rather agreeable belief in the value of loyalty and family and they reflect the respect they are given. Erastil values such traits, and on balance the good far outweighs the...less good. A servant of Iomedae would lack the flexibility, for their rules are much stricter and black and white; Erastil is far less prescriptive and much more about simple guidance. Rural men, salt of the Earth, they have no taste for being pressed into tight boxes and formality, they respect the natural order and the cycle of the seasons, they seek to live in accord with the World, not to impose their views on others. We invite to the faith, we do not demand conversion. I suppose this is why we get on well with Gozreh, but less so with the Abadarians. "

"I bore you with proselytizing; let’s talk about this town and its history. I do wonder if you might be knowledgeable on what relationship Findeladlara might have with Celwynvian or Crying Leaf? It came up in a riddle, and I burn to uncover its full meaning. I'd also hope you'd indulge me with a little on yourself and your role here. Let’s talk about you..."

Winter watches her closely when he mentions the Elven deity, recalling the clue to Brees brother being in a place where Findeladlara's symbol was ultimately revesed.

Sense Motive when Winter brings up Findeladlara 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Ooooh don't lie to angels!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal nodded having figured these elves would be well prepared...theyve probably been fighting these damned drow for years...and I doubted their resolve...Bah! Dont sweat the past big man...

If we may...it will take less time if we just accompany you to where you have the maps and such. Your scouts are probably used to reporting there anyways. No need to change the process.

He turned to Bree You stick with me lass. You'll need to know the layout for when you have to find the captives. Anyone else that wants in on the battlefield is more than welcome to come as well...and much appreciated also.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Seeing that the others have it well in hand, Caterine finds a chair to sit in, a wall to lean against and spends some time idling in thought.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree nods in agreement and follows Kabal (assuming the elf agrees to take him to the maps instead of the other way around) to the maps.


Findeladlara you say? Eviana thinks for a moment There is the hall of astrology in Celwynvian...I mean, it was there. Findeladlara's priests never really liked that place, they thought too much science was bad for us...we don't have priests of her here, actually Crying leaf was only an outpost back in the days when Celwynvian still existed. Now I'm the only priestess here and I try to make connections between all inhabitants and their gods.

-------

Silsavar nods Ok, we have to go to the arsenal, where we keep all military goods...including maps. Are you looking for something specific?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

We're planning to infiltrate and attack a drow settlement. Knowing the land before hand will be tantamount to success. Do you have any idea of the numbers we're up against?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Fascinating. A hall of astrology... I should see such a place first hand when we liberate Celwynvian." Winter makes a mental note to pass on the possible clue to Bree.

Winter simply seeks to continue his tour making polite conversation about the trivialities of Crying Leaf and seeking to learn what he can about the local customs and beliefs, determing where it might be different from those of the Elven communities from the Calphiaks, all the better to avoid potential political problems later. He also continues to press for minor information about the fine lady herself, letting her do the bulk of the talking whilst he politely and enthusiastically listens to her.


Eviana seems to be a person who likes to talk her head off, she introduces each and every elf you meet on your tour past the beautifully ornated buildings and has more than one story to tell about everyone. But even though her mood seems light, you notice the sadness in her voice whenever the stories include fathers or brothers who have recently lost their lives.

After a while she spins around and gives you a grave look

Winter, will you defeat the Dark Ones? obviously now is not the time for excuses or lengthy explanations...

--------

Silsavar leads you to the only 3-storey building in the whole village. The entrance is guarded by a heavily tattoed elf accompanied by a small brown bear. Man and beast have fresh wounds that are only provisorily bandaged. The man nods and makes way as you approach and Silsavar gives him an encouraging smile.

Inside is a small antechamber and the elfen weapon master explains

Wait here, while I get the maps for you...and to your question, more than a hundred at least.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I believe a better question would be 'will the dark ones be defeated?' and to that I can only reply that they will be. The sun shall rise and chase the shadows from Celwynvian, even if the sun needs to be carried there upon the shoulders of my companions, they will take it right to the very heart of that fair city and cast its radiant luminence into every street, every building, every crack until the foes are driven from there and the Elves of Crying Leaf will be right beside them reclaiming their lost glory. Have faith in my fellows, as I have faith in them, and you will see that my words soon ring true... and with Kabal leading the vanguard you might see them ringing true faster than you'd have thought"

Winter simply stares stoicly and distantly towards the heavens as he talks, it is almost as if he is half explaining it to her, and half informing Erastil of 'how things are going to be'.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Any of the elfs left back with me?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

...an hundred damn drow...two to one odds huh?...not bad...not the best either though...

Kabal will post up in the small room along with Bree and any others that followed along and wait for Silsavar to return.


@ Cat:

Yeah, one elf has remained at your guest house, A tall warrior looking stoically in the distance of the forest.

--------

Eviana seems a bit confused by the fact that you don't address her directly, but as a priestess she guesses who is the other addressee of your words.

And afterwards? What will happen then?

--------

After about five minutes Silsavar returns with several maps and while most of them are ancient and hard to read, but one is a very good one.

Good map


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

To the remaining elven warrior Caterine soon grows tired of his silent vigil and asks aloud "Ainsi, vous pouvez voir la forêt? ou est la vue bloquée par les arbres?"

Elven:
"So can you see the wood? or is your sight blocked by the trees?"


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian tags along with Kabal and Bree and gets very interested at the sound of maps. He takes a glance at the good one, but with everyone focusing on that example, he carefully examines the older maps. With a comparison he hopes to perhps see with structures are older or newer and any unusual details.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal will give the bard enough room to look a the map.

Can you tell us anything about these buildings on here? Like any ideas where the bastards congegrate? or where they'd keep the slaves?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter half drifts back to the conversation.

"Afterwards, you will have control of your ancestral holdings, and should the good gods smile upon us, Bree will have her brother back. I trust Kabal to give no quarter, no terms for surrender, no mercy, no questions and no regrets. He will do what I could not, he will assure complete destruction of their forces and send the lot of them to the worlds beyond. I would build good fences to keep out the rabid wolves, Kabal just kills the wolves."

"After that, who knows, there is much work to be done in tending the great gardens around us, so many in need of guidance, many families to be built and communities to be forged."

"That is us anyway, what of you and your people?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree cocks and eyebrow as if to second Kabal's questions. It's as if he's taken the words right out of my mouth. Occassionaly she glances over Sebastian's shoulders to see if he has found anything of interest.

Sable recently moved, so I'm guessing he's probably rather busy unpacking and may not have the net set up yet. I'll try texting him to see if he's still alive :)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/8

Sable Is alive, and would be following Winter and Eviana to absorb all he can about the elven culture.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Leaving just Cat and tall and silent elf-man back where we started


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Brown chicken brown cow?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"....and that, little Timmy, is where half-pirate's come from."


The elven guard who stayed at the house with Cat, isn't in the mood for joking

Rarely humans speak the Elven tongue...what is your story? he asks without looking at you.

----------

The older maps looks pretty much like the one Silsavar has labelled as the good, the only real difference is that there are less smaller buildings. The main ones (those with numbers) are already on the oldest of maps.

In answer to Kabal's question Silsavar thinks for a moment and then slowly shrugs

I have to admit...we...we never managed to enter Celwynvian again after they took the city.

---------

Eviana seems satisfied by that answer

So it's only a matter of hours until you strike? What do you think - how will Kabal operate? Will our forces fight like humans or elves?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was disappointed that the elves hadnt been able to scout their enemies stronghold... huh...maybe Sable can send his talking bird...have to remember to ask him...

What do you mean 'you havent managed to enter' the city? Is security that tight? We need current information if we're going to kick in the door.

The map was almost useless without knowing where everyone inside was so he switched gears until that info became available.

Tell me of your force's compliments and what tried and true tactics have worked against the drow.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine smiles at the stoic one "Oh but I'm not human, at least not all... I am un bâtard. If you want a tale of mine then you'll need to be a little more sharing first..."


Cat seems to have aroused the elf's interest, slowly he looks away from the wall of trees

So there is a portion of eleven blood running through your veins? Father or mother?

-----------

Silsavar thinks for a moment, a bit embarassed that the maps didn't impress Kabal very much

Nearly all our warriors are forest hunters. Agile snipers, good with bows and spears, but quickly killed when caught in melee. By now we only tried hit and run tactics, but the drow have begun to adapt to that...


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"Before I answer that... you'll need to answer this... Why does it make a difference?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree shifts around uncomfortably listening to the two men talk. "We're still going in, even if we don't know what we're facing." and then a bit more hesitantly, "Aren't we?"


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian pulls out his journal and makes a quick sketch of the map for his records.

"Perhaps it's better that they haven't been challenged of late. They likely have become lax in their defenses thinking these Elves dare not attack them."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree seems encouraged by Sebastian's words, "Yeah, you're probably right."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Eviana wrote:


Eviana seems satisfied by that answer

So it's only a matter of hours until you strike? What do you think - how will Kabal operate? Will our forces fight like humans or elves?

"If it were up to us it would be a matter of minutes, not hours. As to your question, let me first give a definition before an answer. Elves are hunters, and fight wars the same way. They snipe quietly, using the terrain to their advantage, seeking to wither the foe and strangle them; the elves also do this because they are a long lived race, on one hand they have the time to be patient, on the other they keenly feel the loss of such a long life should some fall. As to the humans, well they normally use their abundant numbers and build strong defences, much happier to engage in the toe to to battle, but that tends to end in my wall of men simply striking against your wall of men until one crumbles."

Winter lets that sink in...

"My fellows are a different type of man. They are of Riddleport pirate stock, they are marauders and raiders. They strike hard and quickly, and with maxiumum violence. They seek to overwhelm a defender before there is even time to mount a stable defence. They will simply put the enemy to the sword, giving no quarter as its easier to feed a shark than feed a prisoner. Your foes won't be used to such aggression and bloodthirsty beligerence and will not be prepared for it...I just hope our allies stand fast in the face of barbarity and ferocity, for this will be a very untidy business. That's the man Kabal is, that's how this will operate, fire against fire, ruthless against ruthless. What needs to be done will be done, and there will be no parley"

"My fellows fight with fiery rage, I fight with cold fury...it's the Angel blood you see? Very chilly up there amongst the clouds." Winter half jokes.

"Many of us shall not return, but we shall triumph. Prepare yourselves for the inevitable losses, as this will be a very committed battle."

"Perhaps enough about such matters, I would practice my elvish a little more before joining my fellows to talk about the plans of attack, and then no doubt join them for battle preparation...feasting, drinking, that sort of thing. I tend to be a bit of a dampener on those occasions though, and I know my friends stay on their better behaviour when I am around. Perhaps I should retire early in the piece so they can live to the full."


Eviana ponders about Winter's words for a moment

Yes, I expected men to fight a bit like orcs and goblins, that is what the records of old say. They come in great numbers, but are far more disciplined than the savage races. They attack in large blocks called regiments and have versatile tactics and specialists on horseback and with ranged weapons, no one can stem the tide a human army is, my grandfather used to say. Drawing back into the woods and fighting on our own ground was what the elves should do he said.
The way you describe the fighting skill of your friends reminds me strongly of the drow. They come in the darkness, small raiding parties composed of murderers and sadists. They strike swiftly, killing many, enslaving some and vanish again...

Eviana still seems to think about the battle when you change the topic

Retire early? Oh really? That's a pity, my people expect me to perform the Wasp's Sleep. A Calistrian ritual, done every night to ensure that everyone has pleasant dreams.

------------

Silsavar points at certain buildings on the map

Should you need more information about certain buildings, just ask. Ummm, we are south of Celwynvian, so it would surely make sense to strike from that direction, wouldn't it? Then their scouts wouldn't have much time to warn the others.

------------

The elf seems amused by Cat's question

It's rather a question of personal interest...you know our race's numbers are dwindling and I always wonder what drives members of our race to mingle with humans. even though his words carry a bit of offence in them, you think he didn't intend that.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Know Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"I haven't seen such a ritual performed in the past, my knowledge of Calistria is fairly limited. I know she has followers in Riddleport, although I'd suggest perhaps they followed her less favourable aspects; perhaps more devoted to the sting than anything else. I would appreciate the chance to see the ritual performed, Elvish culture is of some interest to me."

Ahh the 'learned Winter, gentelman scholar'


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"Maybe... but that would be what they would most expect." Bree says thoughtfully, seemingly to herself but clearly in response to Silsavar's statements.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Sighing as the elf infers that those who dally out of bloodline are somewhat lesser she shrugs "I wouldn't know... born a bastard and left to rot in an orphanage - so I can't answer who strayed. I am Caterine."


My pleasure, Ilfirn...and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you...especially if those who should have been responsible for you just abandoned you. May I ask why you never joined an elven community? Even though we feel sorry for those of mixed-origin we still see them as a part of our community.

-----

Eviana smiles

Usually the ritual is only to be witnessed by elves, but I think in your case we can make an excemption. she smiles and gives you a nudge And have you visited one of my Calistrian sisters in Riddleport who are skilled...stingers? suddenly you notice a dark fire in her eyes...a fire that wasn't there a moment before!

Oh oh angels and temptations...


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter kneels carefully and picks up a small stick, and begins drawing in the dirt.

”This is the coastline of the Varisian Gulf, and the mouth of the Velashu river, sits Riddleport. These...” he continues drawing ”Are the Calphiaks just outside Riddleport to its immediate North and Westward. The ancestral home of the Shadde-Quah or ‘Axe Clan’ Shoanti, several small communities of trappers, miners, hunters and small farmsteads. “He waits a moment for her to get her bearings on the map.

“Now, whilst Many of Varisia’s elves hail from the Mierani Forest region, some are settled in the many wild areas of Varisia and form small communities to protect those wilds from exploitative settlers. One such community inhabits the forested hills here...walking the fine line between the Shoanti on one side, and the Human settlers spreading from Riddleport on the other. Winter points the stick just west of Riddleport.

”Those Elves follow traditions more in keeping with the Shoanti, and revere the Green Faith and the teaching of its Druids. One harsh frozen snowy night, a couple of their rangers appeared at a trading post run as a small mission of Erastil. They were carrying a small child and went straight to the door of the priests demanding an audience. Turned out they were rather livid that one of their Druidesses had become heavy with child, though she claimed to not know who the father was, saying she had only had a dream of laying with an angel – but when the child was born looking very much like a human child they were certain it had something to do with one of the young Erastite neophytes and some alleged forbidden love tryst in the forest. To keep the peace, and despite their protestations of innocence, The Erasitites took in the child to raise as their own”.

”Make of that what you will when determining if that places me amongst the Elves or not”

Winter arises, brushes the dust of his hands, softly.

”As to visiting the House of Veils, no, I consort with all people and make no judgement about how they put food on their table, but that doesn’t mean I am inclined to throw in my two silvers to help them do so”


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bree has a point. Can we get to the north without the damned drow seeing us and how long would it take?

Kabal looked over Sebastian's shoulder at the map briefly but something else was bothering him.

Why arent the hit and run tactics working anymore? Are they not taking the bait or have they figured out a counter?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7
DM Zyren / Heart of Riddles wrote:
My pleasure, Ilfirn...and I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you...especially if those who should have been responsible for you just abandoned you. May I ask why you never joined an elven community? Even though we feel sorry for those of mixed-origin we still see them as a part of our community.

Still noting the latent superior tone to Ilfirn's voice Caterine chooses at least for a few moments to rise above it, shrugging as she speaks "I was born to Riddleport... I can't think of a more fitting port for a bastard to weigh anchor in and get measured on deeds rather than blood. I never sought out any else as I never saw the need... for human or elven exclusivity. I feel more akin with those of green skin with nascent tusks then I do of the elvish.... So, tangled with any of these drow yourself?"


I need know explanations of your heritage, I accept you among my kin, that is enough. Eviana smiles and the fire in her eyes is lost again.

Well, the House of Veils shows only a very very limited aspect of Calistria, nevertheless it is the aspect most humans are interested in. she miles again and changes the topic another time

Why don't you tell me how a priest of Erastil became a member of such a colourful band of gutter runners and pirates?

--------

Silsavar ponders about the new battle plan for a moment

I guess it would take about the double amount of time. But you're right, their defence will be lighter in the north...regarding the tactics: They are lying in wait now, hidden and unseen. It looks like they are not trying to advance further. Maybe it was only Celwynvian what they wanted. Anyway, it has become super hard for us to sneak past them, they are good snipers and scouts and their perception matches ours...

--------

Ilfirn grins

I see you have taken offense?! No elf, no matter half or not, would compare herself to orcs. Accept my apologies please.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"And they show much interest, I assure you"

"It's a pretty mundane tale really, I went to Riddleport to try and collect what alms, donations, and honest pay to raise funds for sorely needed supplies to help rebuild the Mission I was raised in. The first place I found in Riddpleport offering an honest wage for honest labour was the Golden Goblin... a casino. Some of my fellows are from that original hire, and some came along with time. A good bunch, mostly. As good a bunch as you'll find in Riddleport, and whilst we don't always agree on everything, and I don't always approve of their actions, I am not boorish enough to pick fault and chastise for their occasional excesses, and in return they don't take umbrage with my ways and codes"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Interesting. Lets start going over what these buildings are with the understanding that we'll attack from the north. So these three here.

Kabal will reach over and point at the structures in question.

buildings 5-9?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"Perhaps my human side shines through then... but I am the better for it."


Silsavar takes a closer look at the map and starts to explain:

This one here he points at 5 is the Temple of Watchers, sadly now nothing more than a half-collapsed tower, it holds shrines dedicated to the four deities who were worshipped by the elves of Celwynvian: Calistria, Findeladlara, Ketephys, and Yuelral. Little of the temple’s sanctuary was preserved to modern times, the grand windows and tall altars having been destroyed long ago...a real shame. THis here (no. 6) is the Pavilion of Reason; a place for conducting lectures, debating philosophy and policy, and expressing rational opinions. Anyone could speak, and when someone’s time was up, the next speaker rose to take his place. At times, debates lasted day and night for weeks as speaker after speaker came to take the place of the next. It's an open structure offering no defense, I guess the drow have abandoned it. Over here is Yuelrals Rain (no. 7). In ancient days, the teardrop-shaped towers of this structure housed a number of herbalists devoted to the elven god of magic named Yuelral. Here they devised subtle magics, potions, and infusions meant to encouraged the growth of natural things and coax plants into wondrous shapes. From what I know, it is a ruin now. And this one (no. 8) is the Coliseum of Mask and Lyre. Where once epic ballads and moving odes echoed through these halls, now mournful laments and tragic sighs drift. The Coliseum functioned as both playhouse and auditorium, and some of the most talented actors and singers of the Mierani elves once graced its stage. The last one (no. 9) is the Academy of the Arts. The elegant structure stands at the end of a wide path flanked by two statues of elven scholars, each 12 feet tall. The marble statues once displayed the two scholars in perfect detail as they studied open books, but time and the elements have worn away the details and cracked the limbs of the statues. At the Academy, elves learned the most ancient secrets of magic and crafted new spells with which to aid and protect their people. The walls thrummed with the power of the Academy’s occupants; weapons, potions, and trinkets filled the research labs and vaults. Rumor holds that stockpiles of magical items, spellbooks, and valuable research notes still lay hidden in the Academy, in rooms without doors and vaults hidden behind illusory walls. A truly marvellous place in the times of old.

As Silsavar tells of the lost glory of his race his eyes begin to shine, but as he ends his descriptions, he looks very sad.

----------

Ilfirn grins

I never disliked humans...some elves do, but it is shortsighted. Humans are a powerful race, a race that has already overtaken elves and dwarves. And even though they are shortlived, they understand how to build up empires...very impressive. Often I have thought that half-elves are the perfect crossbreed...

----------

Eviana frowns

And you would give your life for them? I mean, you are only here to find this Brandon, right? The brother of this girl that is with you?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I don't see it in terms of giving my life for them, I am, on the other hand, prepared to fight to the end doing what is right"

"We each have our motivation for being here, for Bree it is largely about Brandon. She has done much in Riddleport that has helped change the lives of many people for the better - I would have struggled clearing out the dark elements preying upon the weak and downtrodden in teh St Casperians mission, yet without a thought to compensation or payment, my good fellows came to my aid and assisted me in restoring that place to decency. Now St Casperians is a place thriving and full of hope, a place where the out of luck can come for a second chance and a new beginning. Honest work for honest pay in the mountains and the chance for family and friends, the safety of community, all there"

"Given Bree has done so much for so many, it is right that I help her get back what she has helped so many now attain. Truth is such a tale would have moved me to take up the quest regardless, however to be on such a quest for one so deserving is almost holy"

"The others are of similar thought; they too were quick to do so much good. To see justice done in a town where it so vary rarely is, to rally arms against evil in defence of the innocent... to drive the Drow from Devils Elbow"

"Which really leads to why I am here. The Drow need to be pushed back and their forces broken. They threaten the whole region and must be stopped. Riddleport, as in need of a good wash as it is, must be saved from them, Crying Leaf must be saved from them And Celwyinvian must be liberated from them. Until they are stopped, my work carrying out His will cannot be completed. That this foe also has a hold of a member of our family simply humanises the purpose, for want of a better word. No longer is it some great abstract, it is much more intimate"

"I suppose my musings finally lead me to recognise why this band of pirates and renegades keeps me around; stability and family. At heart we each desire strong and loyal bonds, knowing that yuo are always safe with each other and that someone always stands ready to draw steel beside you. They put up with me because in their hearts they all know that things can go terribly wrong in Riddleport with a bad turn of a card, the roll of a die, or a sudden flash of steel. That's why they saved the Casperians, because they probably half saw their potential futures in the faces of those broken men and women and realised how easily it could have been any one of them. Kabal is a strong warrior, but so was the Ulfen stalwart, until he lost his legs. With me about they get a sense of family until one day they move on and take a family of their own"


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

"So I see you'll be taking a human wife to your bed then? So you can have perfectly crossbred children? Is that how you'll pitch it as well?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"There!" Bree says placing her finger on building 5 where he says was once a temple to the elven gods, including Findeladlara. She looks from Kabal to Silsavar, "Clegg said that the oracle told him that Brandon was being held captive at a place 'which is a dark parody of the realm of the hand pointing upward suspending a golden star'. Kawava said that was a reference to Findeladlara and his woman said there was an astrolab once in Celwynavian that was of Findeladlara. Is there an astrolab here? Is this the place where my brother is?"

5,651 to 5,700 of 7,148 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.