Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


5,451 to 5,500 of 7,143 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Watches? I thought we'd all get some actual sleep for once...

Sable will take one of the evening watches as usual, checking windows, outside, and having Korax aid him.

Sable Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Korax Perception from aloft 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

I think that those without dark vision should take watches when there is some level of light out if possible. Otherwise, she'll take whichever.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

To their host, "I enjoyed your tale, thank you. My parents have a room very much like this and their tales are very similar too. It explains a lot about me." He finishes with a smile.

On the night schedule, "I am not too keen on early mornings so will take an early watch."


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Proposed watches:

to balance differing sights and skill sets. Pretty sure this is close to how we had it set up before.
Kabal and Sebastian
Winter and Bree
Sable and Cat
Thoughts???

I couldnt sleep now if I wanted to so Ill stay up with you Sebastian.

Kabal paces during his watch thinking that an attack will come at any minute.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian will spend the early evening looking at the various trophies in the room, but pauses occasionally if he thinks he hears something.

Perception ->1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Cat is ok with the proposed watches.

Spending the evening somewhat attentively listening to the tales told as well as to the important task of emptying bottles of wine - Caterine is ready for sleep when it comes, though is still easily awoken for her morning shift with Sable. Noting that the elf has matters mostly in hand, Caterine spends some time reading from the drow's notebook.


The night passes...and your vigilance is rewarded - nothing happens. If someone was out there, he has obviously decided that attacking you tonight is not a good idea.

The sound of raindrops hitting windows and roof wake you up - from the corridor you can already hear Mercus speaking with the innkeeper.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine is already awake as her watch was the last and looks up from the journal as rain falls. Hearing the innkeep and Mercus talking she puts the tome away, stretches out and walks out to where they converse.


Mercus beams at Cat as he notices her

Mr. Talbarry here just told me that I have everything it takes to become a great adventurer myself - how cool is that, eh? Hey, Kabal's still sleeping, I suppose?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine shrugs "Dunno lad, I don't share his bedroll." walking past the precocious youth and towards the kitchen.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Kabal never oversleeps on the nights he stayed sober..."


Good news!

Mercus rushes over to Kabal's room and without knocking throws the door open and yells

BREAKFAST BIGGIE!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree, who is shocked by the kids bravery... or stupidity, stands there with her mouth agape as she watches him plunge into what could be an early death.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter becomes a bit curious about what is going on, and heads to the room. For no apparent reason he finds his hand drifting to his sword hilt...

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

Sable follows the morning commotions to see what everyone is congregating over.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal thrashed in his sheets mumbling curses and clenching every muscle in his body. He was having that same dream again. The one where he met Corvax and they pleaded before a drow judge of all things for their souls chance at existence. It was surreal and made no sense for he knew that he had met his shield brother in Brevoy after he signed up with the merc company but this was the way of dreams. His vision lurched and next he knew he was slashing his bloody way through a horde of akatas screaming Shantilles! Where in the feckin hell are you?!...Im gonna throttle that insufferable man when I found him...wait...someone is yelling my name!...

He snapped awake in a cold sweat and found his feet with his sword drawn before he fully understood where he was. He felt like a fool standing there in his small clothes.

I'll be out in a minute shorty. Dont eat all the food or else...

Gods damned Corvax...I'll never forgive you for leaving without a word...

He dumped the bowl of tepid water he had filled the night previous over his head and began dressing for what was most likely to be a long day.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Catching sight of Kabal so scantly clad, Bree regains herself, and moves to grab Mercus by the back of his shirt, pulling him out of Kabal's room and closing the door behind him mumbling and apology to the half naked man as she does.

"Foolish boy, he could have stabbed you. What's this? You know the proper way to wake up a Riddleport street rat but it never occurs to you not to barge in on a seasoned solider?" She cuffs him lightly on the back of his head.

Bree gives Mercus an awkward smile and walks with him back to the dinning area. "So what has got you so excited this morning?"


Mercus paled when Kabal rushed to the door and the boy just stammers

k...kay...boss.

Turning to Bree, the boy regains at least some of his courage

Wow...guess I'm just lucky he didn't have one of this new pistols under his pillow...he would have put a bullet through the door and me...excited? Oh yeah, the innkeeper told me he was just like me when he was young and that I could also become a great adventurer and have my own tavern in the future - now how coll is that, eh?

In the common room, a table is already prepared for you, all kinds of breakfast goodies are on it and the smell makes your mouth water.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

After a short prayer (purify!) Winter tucks in.

"Anything we should know about the road ahead? And what is the last friendly Inn to keep an eye out for before nightfall?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Aye, I'm sure you will. You've already seen more than most people get the chance too. Akatas, Drow... and surely more to come. You'll do just fine, Mercus. Just fine."


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine focuses on her food, allowing the others to support Mercus' adventuring aspirations... to her mind he'd find out good and quick if he had the stones the first time he faced down a threat without the rest of the party at his back.


Mercus grins and slumps into the chair next to Winter's. He grabs one of the pancakes and unrolls the map he has drawn during the last days

If I remember the lay of the land correctly, we should reach an old messenger station at the edge of the Mierani Forest tonight. Can't tell you if it is still in use, but it was depicted on the old maps I used to dust.


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal entered the main hall armored and with kit in hand. He dropped his gear and set about filling up on his share of the grub as he listened to the proposed travel plans.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Suppose it will have to do."

Winter prepares for teh road ahead.


No, it isn't used anymore. the old man chimes in while he pulls a chair to your table Was given up about ten years ago, when trading with the elves became rarer and rarer. Now it's a bandit outpost as far as I know.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"So we fight for our supper tonight?...I suppose it is right on the path we need to travel?"


Yup Mercus comments and grins Guess Winter is happy when we can make the road a bit safer, eh?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree snorts a laugh at this last comment of Mercus' before catching herself and turning it into a cough. She spends the rest of the meal not making eye contact.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Bandits plaguing a road you say..." Winter can barely conceal the smile. "Sounds like souls in need of salvation" one hand rests on the sword hilt, the other tightly grips a copy of The Parables.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/7

Cuz I got one hand in my pocket and the other's holding a heathen beater...

To the innkeep, "Your advice and tales have done us as much good as your food, sir. A fine nest you have yourself here."


Thank you...it has been a long time since I met an elf. the innkeep says thoughtfully You should watch out for the bandits, their leader is a one-eyed half-orc called Grum...he's not known for his friendly behvaiour if you know what I mean...

Mercus grins and gives Kabal a knowing look...

whenever you are ready to go, just tell me.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Finishing up her food and drink Caterine stands and stretches. "Well perhaps if we take his other eye he'll be a mite more neighborly... thanks for the grub, but best we be off aye?"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree stands and gather's her belongings, "Cat's right, we should really be going."

Kabal grunts his agreement and shoulders his bag.
He said in ooc he's gonna be gone for a couple or days so I figured I might as well.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian gets up from a comfortable chair, "Well I hope to come back this way with a few new tales of our own."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winter can barely contain his excitement and enthusiasm, "Thats very lucky, not only are their souls in need of salvation, I even know who to ask for now" Winter is a blur of snow coloured hair and emerald coloured armour as he shoots for the gate and the road beyond, clearly eager to spread the good word. "Thanks for having us Sir!" he half blurts as he hits the gate, and then he is gone out of sight.


Hope to welcome you again on your way back. the old man says and gives Kabal a pat on the back. He follows you to the gate and watches you for quite a while before he returns into the walled estate.

Ok...what do we do if the tales of bandits proof to be true? Mercus asks while chewing on a cold chicken leg.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Why.... the same thing we always do!" Winter answers, as though the answer is completely clear. With great fervour, Winter pushes for his date with the bandits.

"We need be prepared just in case they aren't interested in the good word and instead take up arms. It's always a chance" he finishes, philosophically "So we should pull up a ways off and advance with caution"


Yeah ok, I got that part...but uh...you really wanna preach to them? Mercus pauses for a moment, thoughts seem to race through his head Winter, honestly...has this whole Erastil-loves-you-thing ever worked?


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Cat shrugs at Mercus' skepticism "Sven seemed to buy it alright Mercus... besides, gets them all bunched up and easier to handle if things go South anyways."

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/7

"The more in the nest the lest we have to boot from the tree."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

"Ha! Has it every worked. Trust me Mercus, I was as shocked as you but he managed to scare the crap out of Croat, convince Clegg that we could be allies and old Saul had us working for him because of Winter's penchant for preaching and writing long and confusing letters. And when it doesn't work... we kill them."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I see Bree has certainly noticed. I'd add to that teh good works at St Casperians, I would point to young Lyxi's sister who was paid full compensation for the wrong done to her, and a better life bought and paid for that she and her family will prosper with; the worst excesses of the Riddleport crime lords have been tempered... it just goes on. So I ask you Mercus, which parts don't work? These are still just acorns, and they will continue to grow into mighty oaks of goodness"

"You forget that although Erastil might very well love you, even the most beloved animal may need to be tipped lovingly from this world to the next when it is too injured to be saved. Erastil gave me a plough and a pen, but he gave me a sword too."

"I'd prefer starting with words of opportunity, and then if needs be a stern letter seems to work well, but like Croats men we all laid out as a pile of corpses at the front of the Golden Goblin, I'll send messages that way too if I have to. Most people begin to see the error of their ways when the bodies start falling around them. Sometimes the garden needs weeding."


Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

I loathe garden work but right now I'm hoping this here fort is weed infested.

Kabal was feeling even more dour than usual. These dreams were making him feel downright childish and the only way to get over that was to bed a woman... or spill blood...by the gallons...


Wow... Mercus seems genuinely impressed and remains quiet for the rest of this day's walk.
In the evening, after a day of exhausting marching, the Mierani Forest comes into view. Its edge remains you of a dark wall, gloomy and denying. Some hundred metres beore the forest is the greyish ruin of a fallen watchtower and what remains of some of its outbuildings. A red flag flies on what remains of the top of the tower.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Attacking a fortified position, a tower no less, well that would be a touch silly wouldn't it? Perhaps if I lit a small campfire over on the edge of the clearing, just enough for them to notice... well they might feel inclined to come out and take a look? They might be concerned to come upon a camp of hardened fighting looking men and women, so perhaps if just myself and Mercus were visible they might take us for a missionary crusader and his squire, such folk as you could take comfort in approaching to share a fire with"

"So maybe if you just waited out of sight in a spot that takes your fancy...and then if they decide they don't appreciate the hospitality..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Falcata Weapon Master 5 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal looked sideways at the Winter and wondered if Bree was rubbing off on the priest.

A sound plan for the most part but I aint much good at hiding. Too damn big I suppose but still; worth a shot.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"So long as you are on the far side of any obvious approach then. Suppose you are hard to hide, but then that comes down to how hard they are looking. If they see what the expect to see, or they see what they want to see, perhaps they won't be looking too hard for anything else"

"All that glitters..."

Winter sees to the establishment of what appears to be a camp for two by the edge of the clearing, just in the protection of the treeline. A nice spot to camp really... and then sets up a small fire, upon which he just happens to put a few green branches on, something that will send a nice smoke trail heavenward and be easy to spot, say, from a watchtower.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

At Winter's suggested plan Caterine ventures playfully "I'll join big and angry here in the stealthless department... least I can hide behind him and they'll not notice me for the sight of him." before following Kabal into the depths of shadow.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Yes, lots of light here up in front of the fire, so lots of dark shadows in the trees behind it..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/7

Bree grins a rather wicked looking grin at Winter's plan.

As Cat takes her leave with Kabal she says to them, "If all else fails, you could pretend to be nothing more than a couple of lovers hiding away for a bit of alone time. Copper and I played that con a time or two when he was still alive."

She then pulls herself up into a tree to wait and watch, using her dark clothing and the shadows of the branches and of the night to hide her location as she waits and watches.

Any rolls needed for that? Acrobatics? Climb? 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Stealth1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

5,451 to 5,500 of 7,143 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.