Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


5,201 to 5,250 of 7,148 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

We could easily cover the costs of horses and a wagon between us if that's what you guys want to do.


Procuring them? Mercus arches an eyebrow and grins found your old self again, eh? he nudges Winter and adds You have to keep an eye on him, mhm? then he quickly ducks under Kabal's stern gaze hey, no worries, I was just kidding - guess we leave on foot then, we can still buy horses later at one of the trade posts.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian breaks out quill and ink and notes Mercus' instructions into his journal and then sketches a crude map.

As he sips his wine though, he takes in a long look at this Jonasah fellow. All the villains in his story up till now had been bombastic and over the top with Saul and the Drow. But this Jonasah....here was a complex soul full of sinister plots and dark intentions...just the right foreshadowing as Act Three opens. He continues to take notes but now making a character sketch of Jonasah's appearance and wildly supposed intentions.

He wants to go visit the island...he is staying at our Inn...if he wasn't so impersonal I would have thought we attracted our first camp follower.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I can speak Shoanti, I used to help negotiate deals between the Shoanti and the Miners up in the Calphiaks at our hamlet. Shoanti, trappers, miners, forresters - they would all meet in our town to exchange goods and services and sometimes language was a barrier and other times it was about goodwill, however we Erasttites were always seen with good will and were called upon to help translate and then witness the terms of trade. It kept the peace and harmony. You also forget that my mother was an Elf, so I speak their language too...even though I was never to live amongst them as one of their own, I was sent to live at the mission as the elves believed my father was one of the priests there, that my mother was a liar and had brought shame amongst her Druidic sisters. At least the Rangers who frequented our tradepost were more open minded and taught me some of the ways of Elves."

"How soon until we leave?"


mercus looks wide-eyed at Winter

You speak so many languages? the boy is obviously impressed that could save our asses big time, Winter. The Shoanti normally aren't on good terms with travellers on the road, but I think they will be more friendly if we can address them in their mother tongue!

Meanwhile Jonasah has turned around and leaning with his back against the bar stares at Mercus.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"The tongue of the Varisians and the Taldane, the Shoanti, the Elves, and of course... the language of the Heavens"

"Ecxcuse me."

Winter stands himself up, sighs almost apologetically at Kabal, then addresses Jonasah.

"Sir, I ask you politely to refrain from staring at my associate, for it is impolite, and to be honest, I do not feel you have very noble intentions towards the lad. Now kindly stop, or should you insist then I will only assume you are doing it to be provocative and that will warrant a very different measure of response." Winter stares at the man unflinchingly.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

How do you know so damn much about the Shaonti, Mercus?..

Kabal was trying hard to ignore the peacock by the bar and the way he was staring at Mercus just confirmed Winter's suspicions and had the Brevian fuming. He could feel his anger coming to a boil and lo to the victim of that beast unleashed.


Mercus prefers not to turn around, somewhere deep in him he fears that Jonasah could be ab it angry about his behaviour...so the boy prefers to answer Kabal's question

My mom, may the gods rest her soul, lived together with a Shoanti for quite a time here in Riddleport, he was a nice guy and he told me alot of his people...sadly I forgot most of it...back then I didn't like him very much...I somehow felt he had pushed my dad aside...which from today's perpective is total rubbish.

Jonasah keeps eye contact with the boy just for a moment too long until he swiftly turns around and leaves the lodge without another word.

Phew...I'd say we rather leave soon...tomorrow? Mercus says once the strange man has left.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"There, much better" Winter sits back down. "That man will be expecting us to leave at dawn, and at that hour his agents will either be set in motion to stymie our journey or they will simply follow us and report on us while he considers our path and a place of ambush. You have something he wants Mercus." Winter takes a rather well mannered sip of his ale, "so we will leave an hour before the dawn, and we shall travel off in the wrong direction to confuse and vex them... perhaps they will show their hand early"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

We'll need to go pick up our armor tonight then.

Kabal tried to relax his bunched muscles and cracked his knuckles under the table.

I'm hoping we do run into that son of a motherless goat. With Mercus under our wing...he looked right at the boy...youre staying within reach of one of us from here til we leave, savvy?

inside, Kabal seethed at the idea of any so called man that made sport of things with children. His good mood was completely overwhelmed with murderous thoughts of killing Jonasah and any man that aligned himself with him.

Bah! Lets take the fight to him and end his threat to the lads of Riddleport once and for all.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree was totally about to say the same thing to Mercus.

"I agree with Kabal. Even if that means you have to sleep back to back with me like on the streets. Let me see your knives. I want to make sure they're good enough."

When Kabal says he wants to take the fight to Jonasah, her lips twitch up in a smile that she isn't even aware of. "Don't worry, Kabal, men like him don't last too long in Riddleport. We'll probably find him robbed blind, laying with a knife in his back in a gutter. Foolish man has been bragging about money in Riddleport."

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable looks up after taking a deep drink of wine, "Can't say that I trust that ill-begotten vulture that is watching young Mercus like a hungry scavenger, but I trust our flock to face whatever feathers fly in our direction. It is good that Winter's kind words can be expressed in several tongues of this world and the next, communication soars upon the winds. I am gifted with the words of many, but my linguistic skill are not as down to earth as Winter's may be. I can of course speak the language of my people, and of most woodland folk. I can also speak to the winds themselves and the creatures that fly within, the cryptic verse of the majestic soaring dragons, and as fortune would have it, I too can sing in the voice of the heavens."

Sable runs his fingers along the plumage of his companion upon his shoulder. "With Cat and Sebastian's aid mayhaps I can also master the subterranean argot of my ebon kin as well. Leaving before first light seems best, and any misdirection we can lend to would-be followers should aid us though," Sable looks around the room, "we have not exactly been speaking in hushed tones and our destination may already be known to those who wish us ill will."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

After listening to the two of them talk about all the fancy languages they can speak, Bree makes a rather petulant face and says, "Yeah, well, I can speak Dwarven and I got us a discount on our armor."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can speak to girls... Mercus adds and grins I'll take a nap and tell Sven that we leave before dawn. Let's take the Lost Coast Road then and leave the city southwards - after a mile or two we turn around then and follow the Old Trade Route northwards, right?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Im taken it that we have our armor and such already?

Hah! What do you know about talking to girls shorty? Light send it aint so. Better ask Bree and Cat what not to say first.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"I'm sure I wouldn't know, guys don't often try to talk to me other than you lot. And most of them, when they do, try to do the talking with their hands. Then I have to stab them, and so they aren't really talking but more screaming... or sometimes gurgling."

And then after a moment of quiet contemplation, "I don't think girls like to be told they're in the way, though. This one time, I heard a guy tell a woman in the street to move, because she was in his way and she hit him over the head with her basket and stole his coin purse. And I'm pretty sure they like to be told they're pretty. I've seen girls get all red faced and start smiling a lot when a guy tells them they're pretty."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Being pretty is one thing, but I admire a woman who is handy. Erastil tells us that what is important is family and we know that a good family has at its heart the solid foundation of hearth and home, so the good wife is one that can turn a house into a home and master all the work and toil that goes into such an enterprise, and further,l to defend the home and the children in times of danger and attack, to protect the homestead from wolves with two legs as well as four. Good with a saucepan, good with a crossbow" Winter looks rather satisfied with his answer "Being simply 'pretty' is only good for an ornament, not so much for utility, of course thats not to say one has to be one or the other, indeed there are many who are both"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"Well, yeah but that's kinda a mouthful to say to a woman isn't it?"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"If something is worth saying, it's worth spending a few words on...I believe"


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

After a few more quiet moments, she quietly responds, "I don't reckon I'd make a very good wife."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Ahhh see dear Bree that is where our opinions might differ. You have none of the rustic homesteading skills at present, but you have great skills with steel...so you are already half way there. No doubt if you hada mind for it you could easily master the other arts and crafts; your willingness and desire however, to lead such a life, that is the real question"


Yeah uh...but it doesn't hurt if they're pretty, right? Mercus smiles, satisfied with the wisdom of his comment.

You have your armour and weapons. Time to hit the road, I'd say.

So, for a last time, I'll head over to Sven's and then we meet before dawn at Pearl Gate, the southern city gate?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Not without an escort you don't. Better yet, Sable might be kind enough to have his fine companion deliver a note on your behalf, I am sure Sven will understand. Us all running around out there looks just like preparations for imminent departure - no need to advertise our intentions."


Ok, no problem...in that note, can you include a remark like this: "Bring my gear to the Captain's Lodge" ?....oh and who will read that note out to Sven? The bird? Cool, can it speak common? That would be so awesome, like in those pirate tales where the captain is shtum and telepathically tells the parrot on his shoulder what to say!


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal shook his head at the boy's imagination running wild but couldnt blame him. He'd been a boy himself and tales like that had him dreaming of high adventure as well...Bah! Stories is stories and their right good for that but not much else. Those tales dont talk about the muck, crap, vomit and gore you have to wade through or of the men like Jonasah and what happens behind his closed door...feckin shame. ....ah, cut it out...you're sounding like a bitter old man bub...

Telepathic pirates! Hah! Thats rich now. Sebastian, tell him a real story and not one full of fancy nonsense that didnt happen.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

"I'm sure Korax would deliver such a note, but as for reading it to Sven, he only crows in his tongue and that of my elven people." Turning to his companion, he'll repeat the jist of their request in

Elven:
"Would you care to deliver a note to our large albatross of a friend, the one called Sven? Also, say something to the hatchling, if you would, though he might not understand it."


Mercus' eyes widen as Korax begins to say some phrases in Avian.

Woohoo! Sable you're like that telepathic pirate! What did he just say? That sounded a bit like what the old man at the wharf often said when he watched the seagulls, heh.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/8

Sable chuckles, "I believe he was saying Bree has very tasty... er pretty eyes." Smiling Sable toasts the fiery lark.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian sits swirling the wine in his glass and looks flummoxed as he tries to think of a mundane story, "No fancy nonsense? But that is often the best part...I THINK what you are looking for then is a sermon from Winter." And he goes back to sipping his wine.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

In regards to the conversation with Winter, Bree mumbles under her breath, "The gods have mercy on any child who is cursed with having me for a mother."

Bree squirms a bit, her hands landing next to knives without her even thinking about it, "That's not funny. Be nice, I saved your life back in that cave."


Mercus gives Korax a doubtful glance

Nah, he's not a nasty bird...right, you are a nice bird... even though he seems unable to persuade himself of that, he is impressed by Korax' skills.

Ok, then a last nap of sleep and hit the road? Sven will surely find someone who reads out that note to him...

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable pens the note as requested, and hands the small paper to Korax.

Elven:
"Fly swift, alert me if there are complications. May the winds carry you back to me soon."
Sable will double check that nothing else needs said in the letter before stepping outside a moment to let Korax aloft. Once back inside, "Aye, lad. Finish our drinks and a few moments of roosting before we take flight again." Turning towards Sebastian, "As we return to our nests for the night, I would gladly hear more of the tales the Cypher Lodge administrator hinted at, with all the embellishments you care to entail." Pausing he looks to Bree, "Yes I do have you to thank for my life, and I am grateful. I can assure you Korax means you no ill will, he seems to like all of you well enough." Sable looks towards his glass, but decides that spirits have loosened his tongue enough for one night and passes on refilling it.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

She seems oddly pleased with Sable's words. Draining her glass she too decides it's enough for the night and instead opts for another long hot bath before she sleeps, the only real luxury she allows herself in this place.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian stays up working on his composition. He is wondering if there were some way to incorporate a real banshee cry (muted of course) into a performance, when Lara arrives after getting off her shift. Putting that thought aside, they enjoy one last night in their posh room, before he hits the road and she goes back to what used to be the Goblin.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

As the others trickled off to find some sleep Kabal had yet another half cooked steak, a heaping pile of potatos and a few more ales before calling it a night himself.

Lets go Mercus. You can bunk down in my room.


Or you in my Mercus replies and grins.

Once the boy has put his bedroll next to the large bed and stopped looking in wonder at the exquisite furniture, he walks over to the window and gazes out. Next to the large galleons, barges and karacks smaller boats bop up and down on the waves. He points at one especially bulky hulk and says That's you big man, I'm the slender sloop next to it - guess we will make a good team.

--------------

The sun hasn't risen as the innkeeper knocks on your doors

Time to wake up, the sun will rise in about two hours.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

"Up before the rooster crows, it is going to be a long flight today." Sable dresses, gathers his belongings, and joins the company.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree takes a moment longer, in her sleep induced daze, fantasizing about killing the man who is interrupting her sleep before dragging herself out of bed. She grabs her cloak, checks her knives, rebraids her hair and with her pack in hand heads out to greet the others.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal rolled to his feat with a blade in hand at the keeper's knocking. He muttered a Thanks before nudging Mercus in the ribs with his foot.

Up and at 'em boy!

The ex mercenary made quick work of dressing, strapping on armor and belting steel at his hip. His kit was ready to go and swung onto his broad shoulders with ease. He waited for the boy and gave insights on how to pack if necessary before heading down to the common room.

Morning Bree...and Sable.


Mornin' Mercus has already helped himself with some tasty looking pastries. He hands Bree and Sable one and throws one over to Kabal

You really think Jonasah will ambush us?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal stretched and cracked his knuckles.

I hope so. Thats one of many men that deserve a bloody end to their disgusting life.


Outside, the normally omnipresent cries of seagulls is missing, even though you knew that the birds sleep at night it's strange not to hear them.

Quiet... Mercus remarks and shoulder his pack.

Walking through the still sleeping city is odd, only rarely you can hear some shouting from the docks - surely tavern customers who don't want to go home or suitors who expected more for their money.

At Pearl Gate two Gendarmes with torches stand next to the small excursion door in the larger gate. They seem surprised to meet travellers at such a time of the day.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian comes down bleary eyed and with his hair in a tousled mess. A few moments later Lara comes down looking near perfect as she carries the rest of his gear. She gives Sebastian a big kiss on his cheek as he slowly munches on a pastry. She attempts to straighten his hair but gives up and instead places his wide-brimmed hat upon his head. To those present she calls, "Bring him home safe, alright?", as she heads for the door. But she pauses by Bree and whispers, "Bring them all home safe..including yourself." She sashays through the door looking back and giving Sebastian one last smile and a few days of memories to take with him on his travels....then she is gone.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Witch/8

Anybody else expecting ZZ to go all Joss-Whedon with us on Mercus?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"Morning Kabal. Mercus." She hesitates only momentarily before accepting the pastry Mercus hands to her and smiles, nodding her thanks. She looks at Korax dubiously for a moment, before tearing off a small piece of her pastry and extending it out towards the bird, looking ready to jerk her hand away swiftly at the slightest hint that he might peck at her instead.

When Lara addresses her, she simply nods and says, "That's the idea."

Once out on the streets, Bree asks if one of the others would carry her backpack for awhile. (Assuming one of them agrees too) She then disappears into the still dark night, absorbed by the shadows. Occasionally you see her step out into a pool of light and look your direction. Once or twice you think you may have seen her on top of a roof.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Climb 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Ahhh the farmer awakes before the dawn to do his best work. An honest days labour and toil lays ahead of him, yet with hearty meals and warm company he can always count himself blessed. Should this day send trials and tribulations and a misguided man who seeks to do us harm, then he will find us filled with the endless resolve of the men of the land who do not shy away from hard endeavour and toil with steel, but rather egnage it with a will as strong as the mountains"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal took Bree's pack and slung the light load up onto his shield arm shoulder. He listened to Winter's morning sermon and actually found himself agreeing with it...at least the violent part about 'toiling with steel'... and shook his head. Gaining the gate he frowned at the guards hesitation.

Well? You aint never heard of an early start? Im sure Sable has some quip about birds and worms to make it clear. Otherwise we're trying to be on our way south before the flaming sun shows itself.


The Gendarme is in no mood to discuss with Kabal and nods to his inferior, the man quickly loosens the bolts on the door and opens it.

Good travels and be Desna with you. he says curtly and closes the door behind you.

Nice, we made out of the city without an ambush - that's a good start isn't it? Mercus opens his pack and takes out an apple So, what's the plan? Move south until we meet the road that leads around the city and then back north again?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal nods to the men in appreciation for not giving them any hassle and leads the way through once Bree shows herself again. Once out of earshot of the guards he'll reply to the boy.

Id be willing to bet that sneaky scoundrel would rather finish his business with us outside of the Gendarmes influence. Which suits me just fine. Keep your steel loose in the scabard from here out and your eyes on our surroundings and not your damn feet like some bloody milk drinker.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian walks with his new short bow out. He constantly works at giving it test pulls, trying to get the feel for its draw. "It has been a number of years since I practiced on my parent's lawns. This bow is about as simple, but I hope the magics will compensate. I hope it will give me something to do between pointing out half remembered lecture notes on physiology and magic."

5,201 to 5,250 of 7,148 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.