Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


5,101 to 5,150 of 7,148 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Time for killing later Bree, now our work for the day is done we have time for rest, or as much of it as you can get before our time comes to head to our next date with destiny. Let's gather the group up and go out for a meal and a drink near the Captain's, I promise to leave in time so that things can then get too rowdy"

"Even the most committed man on the land still makes time for the odd barn dance"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine wakes with a start, falling off her chair as she does so. The journal open before her has less pages left than read... but the hour was late and sleep beckoned. Figuring she could finish off on the morrow she collapsed into bed and succumbed to the blackness... though newly filled with spectres of drow and darkness.


Sebastian's fan is most imnpressed by the linguistic abilities of the famous actor and nods eagerly

I will spread the word, everyone will know about your deeds, master de Gray! Now, how can I help you? If you are looking for the devil who goes by the name of Old Scratch, then I can tell you that he is in the bestiary, safely kept in a cage. And if you would like to join the Cyphermages, then I have a first form her for you, you have to fill in.

--------------

We'll wait for Sable and Sebastian before we go on at the Lodge.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"I would be most interested in membership and seeing this bestiary where Old Scratch is kept."

Sable will look over the form and fill in the blanks with his spidery script, having Korax make a mark as well where he feels its needed.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian grabs a quill and prepares to sign, "For posterity." and then signs the form too.

"A little easier to join with a little fame and coin behind our names, eh, Sable?"

Looking about the Lodge, "I would like some time in the Library." Thinking to look for any obscure references to Elven cities."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"So... you're OK then?" Bree asks with the utmost concern and discomfort in her voice. Then after a few steps she pauses and says, "You do know that I don't like killing, don't you?"


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"No decent person does, so I wouldn't expect you to. It is a strange thing we do as an adventuring band. It is unfortunate the world is beset by evil agencies seeking to engulf us all in darkness, and so it falls to us to defend ourselves with blade and bow to drive them away, like wolves that plague our flock, they remain ever poised to return. I can only invite them to lay down arms and be as good neighbours, after that, their fate is in their hands and I have no regrets"

"I am overjoyed that the Mission seems to now be sustaining itself, I had hoped that if we seeded a little goodness and protected it with earnest that it might take root, like the acorn growing into the oak. I will check in on the from time to time, and ensure they have friends and connections that will allow them to prosper and grow... to build friendships, to create community"

"Enough of all that for now, there's some festivities to seek"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was glad the conversation changed from questioning those that enjoyed killing...there are times when my blade hacking through flesh and bone is the sweetest sound... to festivities.

Yes, lets eat, drink and relax. We damn sure deserve it. Back to the Captain's Lodge then?


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Yes, and to eat drink and be very very merry; Merry enough that we get enough comfort from it to remember it fondly during the less enjoyable parts of our upcoming trials and tribulations"


The form only asks for pieces of information like name, former memberships in wizards' guilds, occupation, place of residence etc.

Once you have filled them in, Fuxx collects them and puts them under his desk.

Very good, your application is now going to be checked and within the next three days you will be informed about the decision of the guild elders. Until then, you may already use the grand library, but the bestiary is forbidden to enter for non-members, I'm sorry.

-----------

Back at the Captain's Lodge, the taproom has filled quite a bit and wealthy merchants, navy captains and Gendarme officers occupy the tables. A band plays some shanties on the central podium.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Regrettable, but understandable. Well, Sebastian, what say we peruse these volumes, see what we can't learn of our dark cousins. Perhaps we can learn a bit of their tongue, if not enough to decipher their journals, then perhaps a few choice phrases to rustle their feathers when next we meet. Hmm I wonder how you say 'fungus fu...'" Sable stops himself and looks around, "Well, I am certain the library will have what I seek."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree yawns and drags her feet all the way back. "I kinda miss the days when I was this tired I could just curl up behind any building and go to sleep." she says offhandedly.


I will cut it a bit short.

After Sable and Sebastian have spend most of the evening browsing through dusty old volumes with linguistic content, they choose three dictionaries that should help deciphering the drow journal. You pay a fee of 10gp to borrow the books for five days.

Back at the Lodge they check what Cat has found out and fill in the missing bits with the help of the new books.

The first part deals with Shiindiras excitement at being accepted into House Azinrae, but soon the excitement is replaced by frustration and finally hatred for Depora, who, as a born Azinrae, outshines Shiindira constantly.
Then she mentions several drow encampments in and a certain "Mission" connected to Celwynvian. Shiindira must have some sort of consort, Nolveniss, waiting there for her. She will persuade him to become her consort by returning to Celwynvian with a large horde of akatas and tons of noqual. Even though the plan, to summon down an asteroid to destroy Riddleport hasn't worked, Shiindira was sure that all in all it was still a success with the alien monsters and material.
What follows are hundreds of charts and drawings of astronomical correlations and concepts. There is also meteorological data and it is all connected to what she calls the "Mechanical Starfall" and the coming "Armageddon Echo".

You think that these charts and data could be extremely useful for the Shin-Rakorath and their war against the drow.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Assume we timewarped forward there the couple of days? time to pick up armour and gear and go hunt some evil-doers?

Sable, Winter will take you up on the loan and pay you back out of the next split :)


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Dont forget that we got a 10% discount.


True story, was worth it :)


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine has no issues with a time-skip... and might even have more shopping to do!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

There wouldn't happen to be a map too Celwynvian in her stuff, now would there?

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable will spend the next several days with Cat and Sebastian doing their homework until they have enough information to pass along to Kwava.


There was a map of Celwynvian indeed. Timewarp sounds good to me - just tell me what errands you still want to run and what people to meet etc.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal will wile away the days with booze and broads until the day their armor is ready. Then he'll sober up with a healthy breakfast before getting a haircut and a shave. He'd also make an inquiry into Mercus's whereabouts?


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian will make a duplicate journal containing the pertinent information for safety reasons.

And since he missed the trip to the weapon smith he will inquire of Kwava, "Kwava. I have retrieved some hair from the fallen Drow. Knowing we might face an old city full our enemies, I wonder if you know of a craftman that could craft a bow incorporating baneful magic using this hair as a catalyst." Looking to get a +1 Drow Bane Shortbow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree watches Kabal idly as he makes the foolish mistake of carousing with Riddleport women. She wonders which of them has slipped the most coin from his belt pouch while he was too busy admiring her buxom wares. She worries slightly that one of them might get it in her mind that he has more money to spare since he's hold up in a fancy place and either try to marry him or kill him to get her hands on his supposed fortune.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Winters' days consist of doing his rounds and a little bit of 'spreading the good word'. He drops by the Dwarves to see about Sebastians bow.

Winter avoids getting tanked up too much, but certainly puts in a bit of a show to remind everyone he's not a complete teetotalling prude.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine is holed up in the luxurious free accommodations on offer more often than not, and has taken to idling away her time in the sitting room reading up on a variety of topics - from ribald elvish tales of lust and revenge, to staid tomes of history and tomes in a myriad of languages.

Occasionally she imposes on the staff of the hotel for some training. Setting up in the lobby she has one of the bellhops stand ready with a bowl of fruit while she stands with whip in hand. As the shouted "Lob" an apple is sent on a parabolic arc past Caterine as she explodes like a liquid spring, sending her whip outward towards the fruit. Sometimes she misses, sometimes the fruit is drawn toward to be caught by her left hand, and other times a subtle change to her action sends the striker lancing into the fruit like a bullet to cleave it in half.

Will get shopping up laters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It does not take very long until none of the hotel staff is near when Cat carries a bowl of fruits along...

Kabal meanwhile is lucky, most of the women he meets are so impressed by his massive form and the power of his brawny hands that they decide rather not to steal anything but some fluids from him...

A day or two after he has saturated his hunger for women, he finds Mercus at the harbour. The boy sits on way of the quay walls, a gishing rod in his hand

Oi, Kabal! he shouts and beckons you over to him.

With Winter's help, Sebastian is able to obtain a bow with the attributes he was looking for from the Dwarf's workshop. A quality piece of bowyer's work.

Kwava has accompanied the actor and after they have bought the bow, he inquires

What about the journal - are you done translating it?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal was enjoying himself quite immensely with all the attention he ws getting from the very friendly women at the Captain's Lodge. Bree's dark looks had him thinking that she eithe disapproved of such displays or was jealous but he shook that last thought off.

Later at the harbour he heard Mercus hail him and walked over to the boy.

Mercus. I was wondering whered youd gotten off to. Whats going on?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8
Kabal Breven wrote:
Bree's dark looks had him thinking that she eithe disapproved of such displays or was jealous but he shook that last thought off.

*Harrumph*

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

OooOOo


Mercus jumps off low wall and grins

Going on? Not much compared to the things we experienced on Devil's Elbow - a lot of things compared to my life before that, heh. I met this guy, Jonasah, he's planning to offer trips for tourists over to Devil's Elbow and he needs a guide. Mercus grins and points at his chest And what about you and the others? More drow hunting?


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal's brow rose and he genuinely smiled as he comitted the name to memory to ask Bree about later...Jonasah, Jonasah, Jonasah...

That sounds like a good gig Mercus. You'll do well at it. You just keep your wits about you and sharp steel within reach at all times, you heard? and yes, we're going after more of them g+& d$!ned drow. We'll be away from the city for quite a while I suppose.


Yeah, I already expected that you wouldn't stay long. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Sven and I have rent a whole floor above the taproom of the mammose merchant maid...yeah I know, not the best tavern, but a whole floor for only 15 gold per month with access to free beer...


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

...well aint that good news...

With Sven huh? He's a good man. Youve done well for yourself. I'll check in on you when we get back. Fare you well Mercus.

The ex mercenary will return to the lodge looking for Bree and will fill her in on the boy's plan and see if she's heard of this Jonasah?


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Yes Kwava. And quite the drama-filled tale it was. But of most interest was Shiindiras managed to summon the rock from space. She hoped to sway influence among the several encampments in Celwynvian with the noqual and akatas. And they are there for some Mission but no details were provided, unfortunately. But we have a map and a travelog of her trip. We think we can follow her back from whence she came."


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
I'm thinking Bree hasn't heard of the guy.

Bree shrugs and slowly shakes her head. "I don't think I know him, but I can ask around."


Kwava seems alarmed...to say the least

Then we have to hurry, I must inform the Shin-Rakorath and then...wait...you want to follow them? Why? We cannot pay you.

he seems genuinely surprised by your idea of travelling to Celwynvian.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Sebastian flashes his showman's smile, "I think...well no, WE think, that this is bigger than just Elven secrets or even Riddleport. Knowing what we know, my group sees the threat to the world this group poses. We lost a friend on the island, a relative might be a slave down there, and a story needs an ending. It's complicated, but I believe my group was just as eager to translate that journal as you were. Even now, they make preparations to leave...we were just waiting on the directions."

"So come have dinner with us tonight. Help us plan, because anything you can tell us about Celwynvian will be a big help."


Kwava smiles, but you notice a hint of sadness in his eyes

I could hardly beleive it when I heard that the drow were in league with humans, Saul I mean, then they had the power to summon a star and hit Devil's Elbow with it and now, like a cancer, they have spread in one of our oldest cities. But then, Callistria still seems to love her children, since she send you to help us. he sighs and ruffles his hair If you are willing to go to Celwynvian, then I will remain here, none of us can be sure that the drow are really ALL gone. I will stay just long enough to ensure that their activities have all ended. But you... he pauses and concentrates for a moment Yes, I think it is best that you travel to Crying Leaf. A small elvish settlement at the edge of the Mierani Forest. Speak to Leafreader Eviana, she's a member of the Shin-Rakorath and will be able to help you find a way through the forest to the old ruins.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Meanwhile, Winter stays locked in thoughts and contemplations, considering the tasks ahead and what troubles they may bring.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2
Bree Longfield wrote:

Knowledge (local) 1d20+6

I'm thinking Bree hasn't heard of the guy.

Bree shrugs and slowly shakes her head. "I don't think I know him, but I can ask around."

Eh, if you have the time Id appreciate it. I kind of feel responsible for the lad. he is taying with Sven though so I reckon he'll be alright.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

"I don't suppose I really have anything else to do until we're ready to leave Riddleport. I'll go talk to a couple of people now, but first I'll stop by and see Mercus myself. You can come along, if you'd like."

Bree will leave to go visit Mercus. Where better to start?


You meet Mercus and Sven in front of the Mammose Merchant Maid, a tavern of dubious renown. Mercus helps the Ulfen to unload a cart full of small pieces of furniture.

Look who's there! Sven bellows as soon as he notices you. He jumps down from the cart and grabs Kabal's hand, before he shakes his head Hah! Where did I leave my manners! and hugs Bree.

Mercus just grins and strolls over to you, chewing on a liquorice wheel.


Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7
DM Zyren / Heart of Riddles wrote:
Speak to Leafreader Eviana, she's a member of the Shin-Rakorath and will be able to help you find a way through the forest to the old ruins.

Caterine listens as Kwava and Sebastian speak, the elven acquaintance not known to her. Talk of Shin-Rakorath and Celwynvian, drow and Calistrians... danger and death might walk that path, but there was little to hold her to Riddleport now that her connections to her former employer were mortally severed. Besides... those she walked with now seemed more engaged with a common interest and despite the occasional sermon to endure, she enjoyed the journey more wholly now.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree's eyes take on that wild panicked look that hasn't been as commonly seen from her over the months as it was when she first encounter the group. She stiffens at the man's contact, standing motionless at first but slowly her left hand comes up to pat the man's back a couple of times, while her left palm is firmly around the hilt of a dagger secured to her thigh. Once he's removed himself she forced an awkward smile and moves to stand near Mercus as an excuse to take herself out of Sven's easy reach.

"Oy Mercus. Watcha doin'?"

She'll make idle chitchat with the boy for a few moments before asking him, "Who's this Jonasah guy that Kabal mentioned, said you'd be helping him do tours of the island? I don't think I know the name."


Hey Bree - yeah, I already told Kabal. He's a stranger, I mean he's not from here. Has some strange accent and likes to wear silly clothes, but he has a fat purse and doesn't mind to part with his gold. Mercus explains and seats himself on a chest of drawers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

When Sven picked up Bree, Kabal's first instinct was to snatch him by the back of the neck and toss him. But, then he realized the man was just being friendly. He wasnt used to such displays and would have overreacted. While Bree chatted with Mercus, Kabal took Sven to the side.

Keep an eye on the lad for me will you? This Jonasah guy is new to town and unknown and Id hate to hear that something happened to the boy. Savvy?


Sven turns serious instantly

Can't promise you anything, mate...this is still Riddleport. But I will do anything that is within my power to protect the boy from any harm this guy may cause to him.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Bah!..yah, I understand Sven. You cant hover over the boy like some g@* d%+n mother hen now can you. Anything you do is appreciated. Im just glad he's holed up with you. Fare you well and thanks again.

Kabal will shake the man's hand again, tell Mercus to Stay out of trouble boy and wait til Bree's ready to leave.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree is quiet for a moment then asks Mercus, "Where's this guy stayin' at, I want to meet him before you leave. I'm not going to try to tell you what to do kid, but even if this guy isn't trouble, I really don't think you should go back to that island. There could still be Drow there and there's certain to still be some akatas there. It's not safe."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mercus grins and nods when Kabal admonishes him

Yeah, pop, no trouble!

the boy still grins when Bree turns to rather serious matters

Oh come on, did you marry old Kabal while I was here with Sven? We killed all akatas there and I'd bet all drow fled. It's just a deserted and star-hit island now. I can make a lot of money with simple work, that's a great chance for me.

5,101 to 5,150 of 7,148 << first < prev | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.