Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Riddles (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

Second Darkness Adventure Path - Drow, Pirates, a gambling hall, for what more can you ask?!


5,051 to 5,100 of 7,148 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>

male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I see" replies Winter, a little deflated. "The challenge of being a good man is that some days we have hard labour ahead of us. It is said that bad news doesn't simlpy get better over time, so perhaps it is time to either release her from your trail, or speak with her on what ails you"

"He tells us to build tight families and strong hearths, though He also knows the need for love and happiness in a house, for a house without either of those fast becomes a prison and no place for raising wee ones."

"I'll leave you to do what is right Sven"

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Thank you, sir. You are a credit to your station." Sable approaches the counter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

Once Sable passes teh guard Sebastian whispers, "We are the Heroes of the Devil's Elbow...did you catch all that?...good." He then moves off to catch up with his companion.


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal didnt have any deep insights to give the gendarme and WInter had summed it up pretty well. He shook the man's hand and wished him Good luck with whatever path you choose Sven.


Yeah, hey thank you for everything, should you ever need the helping hand of a Gendarme, you can count on me! he gives the thumb-up and goes back into the tattooist's.

More stations on your way?

---------------

The old man at the counter looks up from a large register with hundres of entries

Sir? Can I help you?

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

"Why of course you can. My friend and I, arcane dilettantes that we are, have just flown back from Devil's Elbow, and for myself I would love to add my knowledge of my dark feathered kin and strange alien quadrapeds to this lodge's répertoire. Simply put, I would like to join the Cyphermages so that I can research the Blot, contribute my own experiences, and speak with that michevious creature called Old Scratch. Have you not heard of our exploits?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

To Sebastian, "Why does it seem that our enemies know of our paths five steps before we do, but allies don't hear tell of our deeds until it's been watered down by a few bards?"


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"I am working on that. The play of our exploits will be stupendous, composed by a primary source. It will likely travel the width of Golarian. Of course, allies in this endeavor can't help but come out looking the better for their association with us. The dues will roll in from people wanting to discover all what the two of us have in our noggins and are willing to share with the Cyphermages."

Aid other Diplomacy -> 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

With Sven back in the tattooist's chair and out of sight Kabal shook his head. The big man actually hoped that Helga got her mitts on Sven and held on tight...at least she might be able to keep him out of any of Zincher's plots... He was sure Clegg would lead the man astray if he could...and he'll pay iin blood if he does, this I swear...

On to St. Caspian's then. Can you lead the way Bree?


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree nods, even though she's sure the men know their way around Riddleport well enough by now, she still takes pride in playing tour guide.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"A lovely day for a stroll, and perhaps to see what works we can do this morning for the less fortunate"

Onwards to the St C's, then no doubt Kabal and Bree would like to burn up some of the karmic credit all these good deeds have given them


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

wish I knew how to interpret that ^_^


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

I think he's saying we're awful bad people, but we've done some good things lately, so now we have to go kill someone to even it back out. :P

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

brown chicken brown cow


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Lmfao, how is that even applicable? There was nothing perverse in the above statement!


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Svens chick.

True story.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Lol, sexy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2
Bree Longfield wrote:
I think he's saying we're awful bad people, but we've done some good things lately, so now we have to go kill someone to even it back out. :P

D'uh! This makes sense. And now I have a very vivid mental image of Helga. LOL! Sven should be checking into ships leaving port asap.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Elf (Varisian) Fighter (Lore Warden archetype) 7

Caterine rubs her eyes at the strain of picking out the subtle variations of the drow written language. Figuring that the last passage must have been more insightful than My hovercraft is full of eels she figures a jump start for her brain is warranted.

Summoning a servant she orders a pot of strong Qadiran kahve, and returns to her work.


St. Casperian has changed a bit since you have visited it last time. It looks a bit friendlier - the walls have been freshly painted and some flowers, arranged in hanging baskets, dangle from the roof rails.

A young burly girl sweeps the stairs in front of the entrance and pauses as you approach

Hello she says and it sounds friendly but simultaneously a bit alarmed.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"This is a fine and welcome change, how nice to see a place of vibrance and life! My heart could not jump higher with joy to see such a vision in Riddleport!" Winter seems very excited and overjoyed at the appearnce of the place. "I am Winter, and these are my very fine companions Miss Bree and Mr Kabal, and I have returned to see how the place prospers since last I was here... may we come inside?"


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal nodded at the lass when Winter introduced him and did nothing to hide his smile at being referred to as Mister.


The old man behind the counter listens up as Sebastian names his plans

So you are a playwright? I'm an aspiring playwright as well - Konrad Fuxx, my name! he shakes your hand with fervour and hbeams at you.

----------------

The girls seems not totally convinced, too many of Riddleports more dangerous inhabitants know how a good masquerade works...even Beltias knew...

Winter, mhm? And what do you want hear? You surely don't look like you need a bed, food or shelter.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"We have no need for such things, you are right. My friends and I are the ones who drove Beltias from this place. I am stopping back to ensure that the weeds have not returned to this garden, and that the dwellers within are safe, free from the power and grasp of evil men. I may also share some healing gifts from Erastil, should there be needy souls within"

"May I also add that I take great encouragement from the sight of such a proud woman in defence of her hearth and home"

"If you are concerned by armed men and women coming in, I am certain if you let them know inside that I am outside they might feel like coming out to enjoy the sunshine with me" Winter just smiles, making no move to press his point.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.

lol...hear = here obviously...I shouldn't write here after a day at school...those kids suck your brain out.

The girl grows a bit upon hearing your kind words

So you are the Erastil priest everyone speaks about? The man who made Beltias flee like a street dog? she seems impressed now.

I'll tell everyone, just wait here. She leans the broom against the asylum's wall and heads inside. After a minute or two about a dozen of beggars has surrounded you - the legless Ulfen, the blind dove breeder, the former priest of Abadar amd all the others you met when you freed the place of Beltias.

A storm of questions ensues and all of them want to hear tales about your latest adventures.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"I have been but a humble figure on these adventures, perhaps Bree or Kabal would care to tell a word or two about what has transpired whilst I help some of these folk with any injuries or ailments?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1
DM Zyren / Heart of Riddles wrote:

The old man behind the counter listens up as Sebastian names his plans

So you are a playwright? I'm an aspiring playwright as well - Konrad Fuxx, my name! he shakes your hand with fervor and he beams at you.

"Aspiring here as well, my friend. I am more used to treading the boards, but when gripped by the Muses, and having such access to a vast source of revelation and adventure..." and here Sebastian indicates himself and Sable, then gives a small bow as he continues. "Sebastian DeGray and Sable Ebencrow and his diminutive friend Korax. We are here to share some insights on what had been the blot and the new interest craze, noqual." Here Sebastian pulls out the lump of ore he held back for study.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal cleared his throat and spit the phlegm to the floor when the priest mentioned him or Bree telling the story and uttered under his breath...wish we had Sebastian with us... before going on with events as he saw it.

So yous all saw the rock fall from the sky not so long ago? Right, well we took a gods damned ship over to Devil's Elbow. While scouring the isle we ran into lots of akatas. Horrors from beyond. Think vicious big cat that turns you into a zombie with one fecking bite...oh and theyre blue too which makes them even weirder...uh, hmmm...

The ex mercenary struggled to remember in what order things had happened and figured even if he screwed it up it wouldnt matter to these poor people.

...then we killed some drow. They are surely as evil as the stories tell but theyre pretty much pussies once you hit them with solid steel. Oh, and there was a demon made of shadow and a whining, wailing ghost too.

Kabal paused to take a breath and let some of his story sink in.

then we pushed over a tower and killed some more akatas before we took over some pirate ship after we killed the crew and beheaded some damned captain Grudge. Then we went into a cave and wet the fecking floor with more drow blood. Made it back here in one piece.

he brute then crossed his arms across his chest and asked Bree

Did I miss anything?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

<Only the color...the substance....the life, of the story.> ;-p


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree leans back against the railing of the stairs with one arm crossed over her abdomen, the other playing with her braid and one foot crossed in front of the other. She looks thoughtful for a quiet moment.

"You forgot that Cat and I almost became dinner to a killer whale, and in the end it did dine on Aaron. Otherwise, yeah, that sounds about right."

I thought about giving a more thorough telling, but it really isn't Bree's style and I can just see Sebastian cringing this way :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"An excellent retelling my friends, excellent." Winter gives a clap and looks back to the audience, "So what's the moral of that story? Demons, dark things from the pits, great evil made manifest, yet here these people are after facing off against such perilous foes, here they stand before you... why? how?" Winter asks the audience in general, before extending a hand towards the girl the party met earlier, "Brave one, what do you think?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The girl raises an eyebrow, she's not only a bit suspicious of you, but she also guesses your motifs

You want me to say, because you were blessed by Erastil, right?

the paupers snicker and the legless Ulfen wheels against Winter's shin...his way of nudging someone...

----------------

Sebastian de Gray? The celebrated actor Sebastian de Gray? The famous debaucher? The ladykiller who stole snuck into the Calistria temple at night and visited the high priestesss in her bed?

Some passersby, overhearing only half of the story, stop next to you and give you a very interested look.

Andoran

Male Elf Witch/8

Sable turns, smirking, "Had I but known I flew with a famous debaucher. However could one have guessed that with a maid usually gracing both your arms? Seems there are tales even I have yet to hear of my friend."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Kabal frowned at the lass's guess. While he had Winter's priestly gifts to thank for his life on more than one occasion he damn sure didnt think any god favored him...feck it, if any do they havent made it clear to me... and there were probably half a dozen lined up to damn him straight to the Nine Hells anyways.

Bah! Well maybe...but mostly because we stuck together and stood our ground defiantly with cold steel and courage despite all the s$%~e thrown at us.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree bursts out with abrupt laughter at the girls statement. Quickly she schools herself and turns around, those who are able to see her face from her position can see that it is beet red, through from attempting to hold back laughter or embarrassment you can't be sure.

After a moment she is able to gain her composure and turns back around to face the crowd, her face a stone, stoic as usual.


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Aha! And there it is. Sticking together, having the courage to stand your ground, and by ensuring you always have the right tools for any task"

"The tools might be the hoe for working the earth, books and pens for educating the mind, the axe for chopping a tree, or the sword to defend our homes"

"You don't need the blessing of Erastil, you simply need the blessing of each other, and to retain a willingness to keep looking out for each other. It's when we only look out for ourselves, or cannot count on the company of our companions that men like Beltias triumph. That is why I am so delighted to see this mission in such good repair, for it tells me that within it's walls people are safe, people are cared for, and that all may prosper by the benefit of community"

Winter looks to his Ulfen companion "And how fare you my friend?"

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Witch/8

Is Bree our hoe? Or is that Cat? :P


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bite me


2 people marked this as a favorite.
male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2
Sable Eboncrow wrote:
Is Bree our hoe? Or is that Cat? :P

Sebastian apparently!


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8
Winter Snow wrote:
Sable Eboncrow wrote:
Is Bree our hoe? Or is that Cat? :P
Sebastian apparently!

Indeed! He's the only one in our group getting any action!


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

Hey it looked like Bree and Cat were about to get busy. It's just Winter with no idea whats going on


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

You only assume Bree and Cat were going to get busy because of the same male way of thinking that leads men to believe that when women sleep over at one another houses they have pillow fights while wearing lingerie. That only happens in really bad porn. Cat made no moves on Bree, and Bree couldn't fathom making a move on anyone male or female. She was more worried about Cat killing her in her sleep.


Bree Longfield wrote:
You only assume Bree and Cat were going to get busy because of the same male way of thinking that leads men to believe that when women sleep over at one another houses they have pillow fights while wearing lingerie.

It's ok, I learnt many years ago that's not how it goes down.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Oh good :) Maybe you can make some educational posters for all of the other dimwits out there :P


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

I'll make a his/hers book. The him side will be a bunch of info about how when your GF/Wife hangs with her friends they aren't having pillow fights in underwear, and they wont be ringing you to come over for a threesome (so don't wait up), and then you can turn the book over for the Girl side and it will tell them that 'not every fireman is hot', guys are less hung up about a girls weight than she is, and that women tend to be the worst critics of women. It will sell exactly two copies, one to my mum, and one to my agent, both of whom will buy it in the hope of giving me 'moral support'

OK now where's some killing at? Winter wants cash and XP!
Winter wants to get busy..


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

I would so totally buy that. Then again, I'm prone to buying some of the oddest things. For instance, I recently had maple bacon flavored tea shipped to Sable. I'm still waiting to hear how awful it is :P


Male Human Bastard Sword Weapon Master 6 ~ Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager 2

Hold up! Ive seen some really good pron that started with girls having a sleep over.


Dead Alive - or rather Braindead (German title) is still forbidden to own sell or buy in Germany :)

The girl shrugs and says

Sorry, I didn't want to rain on your parade. I just don't like missionaries, we have seen lots of them and none helped us during the last weeks.

but as the beggars confirm that winter is a trustworthy priest, the girls blushes a bit and nods.

Any other errands?

------------

The old guy waits for Sebastian's reply, he is not at all surprised by the things Sable knows about the actor.


Male Half-Elf (Taldan) Bard (Archivist) 7 Drow Stats 51/51 hp;AC 19/T 14/FF 16; F +2/R +8/W +3; Int/Wis Skills -1

"Well....uhm.....Yes! Yes, I am That Sebastian DeGray. I hear the kernel of truth in each of your statements, with a few embellishments. I can work within the bounds of embelishment. Actor, I stand guilty. And exactly why I was in Calistra's Temple I can not yet reveal. But, really....debaucher is a tad harsh...Lothario perhaps? It has a better quality to it. And have people forgoten I fenced upon the top of the Arch...one of my finer moments. But I can surmise that the market is already building for my work...most excellent."


male Aasimar Clr 3/Pal4 HP:62/62, AC:21/T:12/FF:21 - Percep: +13(Dark Vis) F:+10/R:+5/W:+14 CMD: 20, Spd: 20ft, Init: +2

"Don't be sorry. I too have had missionaries in this town who simply wanted to proselytize and take, whilst giving little and doing nothing. You are right to question the motives of those you come into contact with, just as it behooves any landowner to check a strange plant closely to determine whether it is a beautiful flower, or whether it is really a noxious weed. It seems that this field is now one that is healthy and that goodness has taken root, I will stop by again now and then to watch how the garden grows."

Channel heal 1d6 ⇒ 3
Winter uses his purify food and drink to freshen their food store befor leaving.

"We will be at the Captains' should you need us, perhaps I can convince the great Sebastian DeGray to perform a play for you one evening, should you all wish it"

Winter bids them all a fond farewell and leaves them to it.

As he turns and leaves, there is a slight tear in his eye, but it is undoubtedly one of bittersweet happiness.


Female Human Rogue-Knife Master/8

Bree catches the tear in Winter's eye and in a moment of social confusion she asks Winter if he wants her to kill the woman for him.

5,051 to 5,100 of 7,148 << first < prev | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tom - Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.