Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


8,201 to 8,248 of 8,248 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"A message indeed"


'Countess' Victoria wrote:

"I'll wager there will be no shortage of death or violence in the next little while, and both fame and glory will no doubt be quite abundant. Don't be sad, for this is the stuff honour and chivalry are born of - a chance for the very best in us all to shine forth, and a time for the tree of life to be trimmed of dead wood"

Loric inclines his head in acknowledgment of Victoria's wise words, then his lips twich in small smile "Forgive my prying, but why do you transport this collection of empty coffins, you don't look the type to be undertakers."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"We were clearing out a cellar, seemed like a bad portent to be leaving them around the city; the people are very easy to set off on a spiral of suspicion and superstition so best the things were carted well away" Victoria offers up.

"Now we are discoursing with a Goblin about the horde out there, and I have a matter to attend to in the keep"


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Gorian had eyed the stranger too, trying to look casually disinterested, but those who know him realise that he is paying close attention. He nods to Cairn and then adresses the newcomer

Loric, mhm? Did you stumble upon any traces goblins, orcs, trolls or other monsters of the fell north? I just ask, because the foraging was most probably done by our troops.

----

The goblin has meanwhile stayed quiet, maybe hoping that the arrival of Loric has ended the questioning.


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga makes a clicking noise with her tongue and Sundaymah growls in the goblin's face.

Goblin:
"Don't allow the newcomer to distract you. Answer the questions. What weaknesses do these three have? Are there any magics or weapons that work best against them?"


Zyren Zemerys wrote:

Gorian had eyed the stranger too, trying to look casually disinterested, but those who know him realise that he is paying close attention. He nods to Cairn and then adresses the newcomer

Loric, mhm? Did you stumble upon any traces goblins, orcs, trolls or other monsters of the fell north? I just ask, because the foraging was most probably done by our troops.

"Indeed, 'twas most organized. There were some signs of critters you mention as I travelled the forest, but they kept their distance. I doubt they were part of any organized force. " Loric offers, meeting Gorian's distinterested gaze with his own.

Turning back to Victoria, "Indeed, keeping a clean and orderly demense is important" he says with a slight smile, "Please as I said earlier, do not let my arrival keep you from your interrogation...oh look, the half-breed has begun again."


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

DMZZ:
Upon hearing herself be called a half-breed, Krisaga's face grows grim and dark. She reaches out to the rider's horse with her spirit and mind, casting Dominate Animal she commands the horse to buck. Will save DC16 for the horse to avoid being compelled to buck his rider.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

It seemed to Cairn that there were three different conversations taking place with Victoria at the center of all of them... figures...she's as wily as a siren... and twice as deadly in her own way... He kept his attention on the biggoted newcomer and his hand on his pistol.


Suddenly, just at the moment the goblin was about to open its mouth again, Loric's horse bucks as if stung by an oversized wasp

Ride check Dc 15 to stay in the saddle.

Gorian smirks and and instead of grabbing the reins to help the rider, he just crosses his arms and observes the scene.


Ride 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Leaning forward over his saddle horn, Loric is caught completely unprepared for the sudden rear and buck of his usually stoic warhorse. Armor and weapons make a hideous noise as the warrior is tumbled over the horse's rear-end.

"WHaaaaa.....Oooof!" Loric utters as he falls flat on his back. Groaning, he manages to lever himself onto his side, only to fall back on his back once more, chuckling at his predicament, or at least trying to chuckle, having been winded from the fall.

The horse , somewhat chagrined, walks over and nuzzles its master, causing more sounds of mirth to emerge.


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga grins, never taking her eyes from the goblin.

Goblin:
"Don't worry about the loud mouthed human, his horse does my bidding. Please, continue."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9
Loric wrote:
""WHaaaaa.....Oooof!" Loric utters as he falls flat on his back. Groaning, he manages to lever himself onto his side, only to fall back on his back once more, chuckling at his predicament, or at least trying to chuckle, having been winded from the fall.

"We are in the middle of an interrogation! Could we have a little quiet please?! We are trying to get some information here! Enough of these interruptions!"


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga says just loud enough for Solaric near her to hear, "My apologies, my lord. I believe that was my fault. I so detest being called a half-breed."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"In fairness, I would suggest that the average citizen of our fair nation has a bloodline about as pure as my mornings porridge, so perhaps worrying about who bred with what becomes rather pointless - we don't have to look too hard at any of our family trees to find some rather curious roots"

"Good work with the Goblin, maybe not so much on the horse. When you are finished playing on the ground Sir Lori... oh that almost sounds like Solaric if you say it fast enough, are you twins? anyhow when you are done, perhaps we can talk in more comfortable surrounds rather than in a street surrounded by Goblins and coffins"


Still smiling at his misfortune, Loric clucks his tongue a few times and the warhorse obliginly allows him to grab its bridle, hauling himself upright.

"You speak fairly, my lady. It would seem some of my family's casual cruelty has snuck itself into my speech, any offense was not intended, my heartfelt apologies." he says good naturedly, hand over his heart.

He then turns to examine his horse, ensuring none of his tackle was disturbed. He fetches his scattered gear,mounts, then waits patiently, saying "Lead on."


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

"It is done," is all the response she gives the matter. Whether it is to him, Victoria, or both she doesn't make clear.


The goblin needs about half a minute to remember the questions he was asked...beads of sweat form on his forehead and you wonder if thinking is really that exhausting for him

goblin:

No weaknesses...that is why they are bosses...


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

"He says that there are no weaknesses. I think he might end up fainting if this lasts much longer. Any other questions?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"No. I don't think it has any good information, it is only fit to serve other purposes. Let us retire to the city proper and prepare ourselves for whats to come"

So we have our party now better stocked for trouble, a cohort of Sczarni hanging about to assist, a pet Goblin about to get a Vic-botomy, a dead Countess, an enemy horde on its way, and some Sisters who have been repaid for ganking Aramis by us ganking Lucretia. Its a good day. Victoria has a few spells to cast now though.


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga calls the hulking tigress back to her side and runs her fingers through the thick fur on the beasts head and face.

Krisaga motions to Victoria as she speaks once more to the goblin.

Goblin:
"Get up, stay near to her and do as she says."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Seems appropriate for Vic


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9

"Yes, we are finished with the goblin! He has served his purpose and told us a good deal. We now need to determine our next course of action. I suggest we prepare to take down each of these leaders. If we strike at the heart of the evil, then it should not survive long."

Solaric approaches Loric and introduces himself. "Well met, sir. I am Lord Solaric Zekkaran. I was betrothed to the late Countess Livgrace until her recent untimely death. Forgive me if I was abrupt with you. I have not been myself since her passing. I noticed that you were having trouble staying up on your horse. Do you fall off of it often? At the very least, it does seem very fond of you."


"Well met , indeed, Lord...Zekkaran? Did I pronounce that correctly? My condolences on your loss, your grief must be great." Loric says , his own face becoming cloudy for a moment, "I am Loric Bentha, and no , Bannon here is usually as steady as a mountai. Must have been that over sized cat that spooked him.". Loric's mouth twists into a sardonic smile, like one who has realized that the joke was on him.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9
Krisaga wrote:
Krisaga motions to Victoria as she speaks once more to the goblin.

While Krisaga does her talking in goblin, Johenrc nods.

Perception DC 17:

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 being performed by Johenric.

It is obvious that Johenric does not have a clue about what has been said in goblin language. Most likely he is too pride to admit he does not speak the language goblin.


Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Loric Bentha wrote:
"Well met , indeed, Lord...Zekkaran? Did I pronounce that correctly?

"Yes, that is it. It is a very well known name in the darklands, but it has recently become a household name when I began competing in the recent tournament. The winner was to take the Countess Livgrace in marriage, but it did not end the way I hoped. The evil that threatens Karcau has robbed me of that path!"

Loric Bentha wrote:
My condolences on your loss, your grief must be great."

"The Countess was a remarkable woman and all of her people loved her! The loss is felt by the entire city. For me, it has strengthened my resolve to destroy the evil that has come to it. We have many tasks to attend to, the least of which is an army threatening to take down Karcau."

Loric Bentha wrote:
"I am Loric Bentha, and no , Bannon here is usually as steady as a mountai. Must have been that over sized cat that spooked him.". Loric's mouth twists into a sardonic smile, like one who has realized that the joke was on him.

"Well, if you are able with a sword, steady on your mount, and are willing to put your life in great danger, then you are welcome to join Karcau's chosen. We could use another to help us battle the forces of evil!"


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Krisaga is confused by the one called Johenric's behavior, she looks at him oddly, her head slightly tilted to the side, but says nothing.


Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

"Your answers are: most assuredly, usually and at a moment's notice, m'Lord." Loric tells Solaric, with a smile as he glances around at the others gathered, pausing a moment on Johenrics, then moving on.

With a sigh, he continues "Evil has a nasty habit of continually needing to be battled! I shall lend my arm and blade to your cause!"

He then pauses and asks "Karcau's chosen? Is this a moniker of your own choice or one bestowed by another?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"We didn't choose it, and frankly 'chosen' seems to have very few privileges other than mark us as likely allies in every sob story. Never mind, there's forces of Evil to despatch, bit inside and outside the City"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn had nothing to add to the current conversation and at Vicky's hintings he knew it was time to move. So he gave the signal to his family to wrap things up and begin moving the carriages and kin folk back into the city while he would wait on the Countess.


Gorian signals Andreanu to gather the men and soon the now much lighter wagons rumble back through the grey gates into the city.

The goblin following behind, the tongue lolling out, scared to death...

Plans?


Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9
Loric Bentha wrote:
"Evil has a nasty habit of continually needing to be battled! I shall lend my arm and blade to your cause!"

"We accept your offer! There is much that needs done, and we are always looking for people who are willing to fight for the cause of good."

Loric Bentha wrote:
"Karcau's chosen? Is this a moniker of your own choice or one bestowed by another?"

"We were chosen by the masters of the academy just after our graduation. We were given the task of finding the Rag Man. We finished that initial task, but we have kept the name and continued our work of fighting evil. It has simply grown to a level none of us had ever imagined."

"So, my friends, we need to decide on our next steps. I suggest we get a good nights rest, stock up on gear and we make our way out to battle. We have three targets, Bjöldur Frostbeard, a big blue man, likely a frost giant who is the leader. He wields a massive two-handed warhammer with whiche he can shoot rays of frost and cones of ice. Then we have his two brothers Gjöldur and Mjöldur. From what we've learned, thanks to Krisga, the latter one is a shaman who commands the powers of the northern wastes, while Gjöldur is master of trickery and deceit. The golbins says that he can become invisible at will! Mjöldur commands the ice trolls while Gjöldur is lord of the goblins. The goblin claims that none of them can be bested by humans, but I would like to think that he is just bluffing."


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

"I doubt he was bluffing, I'm sure he was terrified enough to answer as truthfully as he could. I believe that to the best of his understanding, they cannot be bested by humans. I'm sure he meant to include other races of similar ability as well. He is a simple minded being."


"The simplest among us often see things the clearest!" Loric proclaims, "'Twill be a contest for the ages, should the gob speak true. A fitting test, I think , for Karcau's chosen." he says without a trace of sarcasm.


As soon as you enter the streets of Karcau again, your troopf of Sczarnis begins to disperse, like sand caressed by a strong gust, one by one they trickle away.

With a smirk Gorian remarks

I wonder how powerful an army of my people could possibly be? Not even the most foul of liches would stand a chance I say. Yet, they are foxes, not wolves, they all feel kinda uncomfortable once there are more than a handful of them together, armed and ready for combat. Hah.

Is Solaric's plan accepted? And if yes, what gear is needed? Where are Krisage and Loric going to stay?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I have something to attend this evening, if you would have questions needing answers please inform me so I can divine answers" Victoria looks to the Goblin, "He will give me what I want." she smiles knowingly.

- vic has some spells to cast and can commune... So anything you need to know. She also has another significant spell to use...


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga addresses Solaric, "M'lord, perhaps you could point me in the direction of an inn that would be the most accommodating to Sundaymah's presence. I will see what I can do to aid the people in town before retiring for the night."


Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9
Victoria wrote:
""I have something to attend this evening, if you would have questions needing answers please inform me so I can divine answers"

"If you can find out more about Bjöldur, Gjöldur, and Mjöldur. I would like to strike the enemy at the heart of their evil, and that sounds like it is coming from those three. Is there a way we can get behind the enemy lines to their camps? I have no interest in fighting the entire army on our own, but is there a way to catch each of them alone and unprotected?"

Krisga wrote:
"M'lord, perhaps you could point me in the direction of an inn that would be the most accommodating to Sundaymah's presence. I will see what I can do to aid the people in town before retiring for the night."

"We often meet at the Shark's Den. I don't know how good the accommodations are, but we have often shared meals there. I will retire to the House of the Vigilant Flame for the evening and enter an evening of prayer. if you need me for any reason, please come and find me."


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn chuckled at his Uncle's description of their family and had to agree with the elder's assessment on the capabilities of an army of Sczarni. He piped in when Solaric mentioned his home away from home.

I can show you the way to the Shark's Den Miss Krisaga. You and your kitty will be welcome there as long as she doesn't try to sit my Aunties lap. Sounds like we will all be meeting there on the morrow at some point anyways.


"If this Shark's Den has a decent livery , I'll accompany you. If not, do you have any recommendations?" Loric asks from astride his warhorse.


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

To Solaric, "Thank you. I shall not have need enough to bother you during your prayers."

To Cairn, "Thank you, that would be appreciated. Sundaymah is very well behaved so long as no one threatens either of us."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Solaric Zekkaran wrote:


"If you can find out more about Bjöldur, Gjöldur, and Mjöldur. I would like to strike the enemy at the heart of their evil, and that sounds like it is coming from those three. Is there a way we can get behind the enemy lines to their camps? I have no interest in fighting the entire army on our own, but is there a way to catch each of them alone and unprotected?"

Going to massage that and put it into a Divination. We also have a Commune for straight Yes/No - but we need to getour questions right :p


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

A decent livery? The Sczarni know well how to care for horses Loric. You will both be welcome at the Shark's Den. I hope you bring a strong appetite as my Aunties will have quit the repast prepared.

The youth bid his farewell's to the Chosen that were going their separate ways with promises to meet on the morrow and bid the two newcomers to follow him and his Uncle Gorian.


Female Half-orc (Shattered Skull Clan Orc/Zenj Mwangi Human) Jungle Druid/9

Krisaga and Sundaymah follow Cairn, her eyes taking in all that she can of the town along the way.
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Loric eyes the men and women slowly scattering into the city, There's something more to they eye here, I think

At Cairn's comment, Loric nods Ah, there we go...Sczarni.

"Indeed, ser Stern, my appetite can be prodigious at times. Sczarni you say? Can't say I've had the privelege of dealing with your brethren before, but if they can take care of Bannon here and fill my emtpy stomach, I'll reserve judgement." he says with a smile.


Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9
Krisaga wrote:
To Solaric, "Thank you. I shall not have need enough to bother you during your prayers."

"Please, my dear. I assure you that it would be no bother to be interrupted. My life is guided by the Inheritor and I am here to serve. When the call comes, I rise to my feet and declare 'here am I, send me, use me!' For indeed the safety and welfare of all the people of Karcau are always on my mind!"


Wasn't ist Shark Pool? :D

Gorian and Andreanu accompany the part of the group heading for the Shark Pool. Bystanders and passersby frown at the sight of the giant feline, but with a half-drow as their lord, no one is overly surprised about the new allies.

The city is a miserable sight compared to the bustling place it was about a year ago. The streets mostly empty, the few people you meet haggard, pale and armed. Guards and militias at every corner, the windows dark no music coming out of tavern doors...

The Shark Pool - surprisingly - is a different sight, bright windows, and the sound of pipes and a beautiful voice echoing down the alley

Why isn't everyone like we Szcarnis? Andreanu asks and grins

Because, well...it just wouldn't work... Gorian replies, leaving out that the wellbeing of the Szcarnis is at least loosely connected to the problems of those around them.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria takes her Goblin back to the academy, it's fate probably quite grim.


Male Half Elf (Human/Drow) Paladin 2, Cleric 7 hp:82/82; AC 27, Flatfooted 26, Touch 13, Perception +9

That's right! The Shark Pool! How could I forget such a name!

Quote:
The city is a miserable sight compared to the bustling place it was about a year ago. The streets mostly empty, the few people you meet haggard, pale and armed. Guards and militias at every corner, the windows dark no music coming out of tavern doors...

"The city feels like it is in mourning. Ever since my beloved Sassandra passed away, the city has not been the same. She was such an inspiring person and now hope is beginning to feel too much of a rare commodity. This simply tell me that we still have much to do!"

8,201 to 8,248 of 8,248 << first < prev | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.