Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


4,401 to 4,450 of 8,260 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>

A small storage room that contains food, lamp oil, parchments, ink and other supplies.


M Chelish Fighter

Pitr kicks the boxes to make sure he's not hiding somewhere.
perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Only mundane supplies.

Perception DC 33:

There was a very short moment of tremor coming from below.


M Chelish Fighter

"Just alot of junk in here. Other side?"


The door opposite the storage room is locked.


Can't make that perception check even on a 20...

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Kirk follows behind Pitr, peering into the kicked over boxes with bored curiosity.


M Chelish Fighter

Noticing the locked door, Pitr beckons Kirk over to give it a try.

Grand Lodge

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Victoria wrote:
"That he is not in either of these rooms and does not rush to great or insult us gives me cause for concern dear Solaric."

"I share that same concern, your Grace. I wonder if this sage got mixed up in some things that were a little beyond his control. Although I wonder who was dragging who into this mess."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Sorry I was traveling.

While the others are investigating the building Johenric looks carefully over the books and touches the one or the other with deep respect.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


"Hmmmm..." Kirk says, leaning in to peer at the lock.

Perception (trapfinding) 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

"Lock looks clean, I should be able to open this right up."

Disable Device 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Grand Lodge

Solaric pats Kirk Spearborn on the back and comments, "I promise not to give you a hard time for using the skills of a thief! You are master with those tools! However, I'm still going to give you a hard time for carrying around that bottle!" Solaric says with a smile as he enters the room.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

As Johenric noticed that the other have found a path, he lays back the book he has read, hurries up and follows the others.


The door snaps open, but Kirk is greeted by falling rainwater. This small chamber is even more damp than the large altar room, which is no surprise since it lacks a roof. Only a dark clouded sky and a silver crescent moon greet you in this otherwise empty room.

Perception DC 18:

Strangely the clouds have formed a ring around the moon!!

perception DC 28:

There was a very short moment of tremor coming from below.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Perception 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

"What an interesting moon..."

"Now, where is our man? Curious."

Grand Lodge

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

"I wonder if that ring of clouds around the moon has anything to do with Mr. Hyve's disappearance."

Does it look like this room was meant to have no roof or that it simply fell in?


It simply fell in.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric looks around and watches the room carefully.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Those clouds are fitting around the moon. This must have a reason....

Johenric casts detect magic and observes the room for a while without speaking a word.


No signs of magic to be found.


M Chelish Fighter

Pitr shrugs, "Well, one more room left. If he's not there than he's gone or we've missed something. Hey Wizard guy, don't you have something to detect invisibility?" Pitr opens the final door.


Another very small room, but there is a wooden, warped by humidity, trapdoor on the ground.


M Chelish Fighter

Pitr calls the others over to the trapdoor, "Looks like we're going underground again."

Grand Lodge

Is there anything else in the room besides the trap door?

Pitr wrote:
"Looks like we're going underground again."

"I think you are right, Jendarne. Let's see where this goes."

Solaric opens the trap door and peers down. [ooc] Is there a ladder or stairs to climb down? p/ooc]


The room is otherwise empty and as you open the trapdoor, you peer down into a narrow dark chute with iron rungs affixed to the wall.


M Chelish Fighter

"Why don't you put a light on my lucky scarf, Solaric and lead on."

Grand Lodge

Jenarne wrote:
"Why don't you put a light on my lucky scarf, Solaric and lead on."

"Are you sure you don't mind me lighting up your scarf? What will your grandmother think?" Solaric comments with a slight grin on his face.

Solaric sheathes his longsword and then casts light upon Pitr's scarf. Next, he proceeds down the ladder.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric shakes his head and follows.


M Chelish Fighter
Solaric wrote:
" What will your grandmother think?"

Pitr pauses, "Actually, I don't know. I haven't asked Vicenzo about his mother yet..." and then follows down the ladder.


Cavern

After climbing down you find yourself in a large low-ceilinged chamber that may once have been part of an extensive basement or subcellar, but the worked stone walls have long since crumbled to reveal uneven stone beyond. A sunken area in the center of the room contains a small pond of stagnant water that reaches around a single pillar of rock supporting the ceiling. A slick looking circular tunnel extends south. To the southwest and northeast several tables cluttered with what appears to be alchemical equipment stand around two more stone pillars.


M Chelish Fighter

Pitr looks around for any evidence that anyone came through here recently. survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"I find it kinda odd he'd bolt the upstairs door, but not worry about what might be crawling around these caves."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Being positioned at the end of the group, Johenric tries to recognize any relevant hint.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Well perhaps that is a sign he believes the caves are free of too much malice, but I suppose we will soon see if that comfort was misplaced..."

Grand Lodge

"If he is indeed afraid for his life, then he is most likely hiding down here as far away from the creature as he can get! I am not familiar with alchemical solutions, but perhaps you, Johenric, or Master Spearborn can see what types of things he was working on down here. Once you are all set, I propose we continue for a ways down this tunnel to the south."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

As I am focused on the magical insights and prefer to do creation via magic, I am not an expert in alchemie. But I am interested what Kirk knows.


@ Pitr:

Yes, there are wet boot marks on the floor that lead deeper into the cave.

@ Johenric:

With your limited knowledge about alchemy you can't decide what is important and what not.

As you move deeper into the laboratory, you suddenly spot a man that comes running out of the back of the cave.

Perception Dc 23:

There was a short moment of tremor coming from the same direction.

The man looks strange, he has a book under his arm and a broad scimitar in his left hand. He has gagged hiis own mouth with a strange kind of parchment?!

Keeper Hyve

Grand Lodge

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

"Well Met! Master Hyve, I presume! I am Solaric Zekkaran and we are Karcau's chosen. I am sorry to intrude upon you in your home like this, but we have a few pressing questions that we would like to ask you, if you would be so kind as to talk with us for a moment. First, would you be willing to kindly remove that parchment gagging your mouth?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

"Did anyone else feel that strange tremor? came from where he just came from..."

Victoria simply looks at the man and his unusual dinner choice and utters her sweet whispering.

Hex: Charm - DC16 Will save.


Will save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Hyve seems to be as surprised as you are. He sheathes his scimitar but clutches the book to his chest with his left hand. fearfully he looks back into the tunnel from which he just came.

Perception DC 27:

You spot a hand crossbow he has in his other hand behind the book.

Cavern

Btw, the building on the left is the church above you.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12 Tooo busy admiring her reflection again...

"My dear friend, what chases you!?"


Mmmnm mmnhmn Hmnmnm!

He looks to the exit and points at it frantically.

Grand Lodge

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Victoria wrote:
"Did anyone else feel that strange tremor? Came from where he just came from..."

"I did not notice the tremor, but from his frantic motion it appears that something is chasing him!"

"Master Hyve, come here and we will protect you! Also, let me remove that parchment covering your mouth! That is no way to communicate!"

Solaric draws his sword while waiting in anticipation of what is to come!


M Chelish Fighter

Pitr is distracted by the interesting glass bottle. Noticing the gagged man running up, he just nods, "Well that explains it, he's just crazy."

perception 1)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
perception 2)1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Mnnhmnh nnnhmn mhnhngn GNNMNMNNG!

He evades any attempts of un-gagging and points at the rungs. If no one moves he will drag past you and climb up.


M Chelish Fighter

"Well, not that I'm not curious about what's coming, but perhaps we should deal with paper lips first." Pitr chases the man up the ladder and will tackle him if needed.


Before he is at the ladder, he notices you approaching from behind and in one very agile move whirls around. Now you face a hand crossbow pointing between your eyes. He must have hidden the weapon behind the large book and the speed of his maneuver tells you this guy wasn't a sage for all of his life...It's pretty obvious now that he isn't willing to take the gag off.


M Chelish Fighter

initiative?

Grand Lodge

"It looks like the gentlemen does not want to talk! Master Hyve, we mean you no harm. Please lower your weapon and remove the binding so that we may talk. There is no need to resort to this sort of violence. We simply need to communicate with you, and if you prefer to do it upstairs, well that would also be fine. If you are simply following a vow of silence, we can respect that as well. I have great respect for those who follow their convictions. Please indicate in some friendly manner if it would please you for us to return upstairs with you."


Perception DC 18:

Another, now even more violent tremor that sources in something that is surely coming closer.

@ Pitr: You are sure he does not want to fight, just wants to deter you from attacking him.

He lets go the gag in one corner of his mouth and mumbles

I' is co'ing i' 'ill be 'ere soo'! Run!

then he quickly puts it back.


M Chelish Fighter

perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"And where do you plan on running? If you'd feel safer upstairs, I'll lead, but you've got some questions to answer."

Grand Lodge

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

"It sounds like he wants us to go upstairs. Let us proceed, my friends. We need to be able to talk without interruption. Onward up the ladder. I will be the last to leave. I now hear the tremors and a fiend is definitely coming, I will do everything to protect your escape! Now, make haste! Up the ladder! We will talk once you reach the surface!"


He nods eagerly and waits for you to get up the ladder. Then, as soon as possible he follows you.

Once you are all upstairs again, you hear a deep rumbling from below and then the rumbling of rocks, the shattering of tables and the breaking of glass. The gag falls out of Hyve's mouth and he stammers

F.uck...it's here.

A jiffy later the walls of the building vibrate as an eerie and unearthly howl echoes through the basement.

4,401 to 4,450 of 8,260 << first < prev | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.