Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


151 to 200 of 8,260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"As a possible solution your first problem, Dominic, what if this was not, as you put it, a double murder but two separate murders?"

Asuna walks around, pausing in places to illustrate his hypothesis but being careful not to actually disturb things. "Say the ambassador and this young woman had been having an affair. They come back to the Inn to do their deeds. The ambassador tells the woman that they have to break it off, and she gets angry. As he is lying on the bed, she comes up behind him and slits his throat. As she is surveying her work, a third person enters the room, sees what has happened, and mauls the girl. Perhaps this person already bears a grudge against the girl, perhaps it was business with the ambassador, perhaps it was business with both of them. For whatever reason, for the purpose of this hypothetical, this third person flies into a rage and takes it out on the girl. As this third person calms down, he/she realizes that there's a possibility of discovery and takes steps to minimize that possibility in reasonably cold blood."

Asuna thinks to himself for a minute, then ticks off on his fingers. "Assumptions we may be making that perhaps we shouldn't. First, that the murders were both committed by the same person. Second, that the person managed to enter and leave the building unnoticed, or even at all. Third, that there was a crime of passion involved in this mess. Fourth, that both of these corpses are the result of murder. Fifth, that both of these corpses are of who we have been told they are."

Finished with his list and his talking for the moment, Asuna clasps his hands behind his back and waits for his companions to comment on what he has said.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

"I'd merit several of your theories, though all of them together seem unlikely. At this point, however, we should rule nothing out, and pursue several venues to our murder or murderers - as the case may be. Linear thinking is ever the enemy of good detective work."
Dominic takes a moment to examine the body of the girl, wondering if perhaps her wounds are more precise and measured than their grisly nature would indicate, and whether or not she was killed at the same time as the ambassador.

Heal check on the girl's body1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"In any case, we have a few ideas to run with. I'd say we ought to see what we can find out about the ambassador's relations, professional and otherwise."


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"And as much as we can about the ambassador himself. If he was involved in any sort of underhanded activities, that may lead us to potential culprits. While my ideas are admittedly far-fetched, they do reflect the state of our current knowledge. I only meant to point out that if we find anything that indicates to the contrary of those points, we shouldn't rule it out."

Asuna will cast Guidance on as many skill checks as possible, and Aid Another where he can. If only he had the Blood Biography spell. :(


"As it stands, we should find out who this woman is. The dead one, I mean. Perhaps Victoria and Rydlon will know a bit more."

Kirk will accompany Dominic in his perusing of the corpse, attempting to aid where he can, but he also thoroughly searches the woman's person: checking pockets, notable jewelry, looking inside the clothing for a stitched name, or anything that might give him a better idea who the mystery corpse is.

Aid Another Heal (again) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 +2 to Dominic's check, then.

Take 20 Perception (searching) 20+5=25 If taking 20 is for some reason not an option... 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Also, Knowledge (local) to recognize the woman 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Victoria:

You really find two eggs in the kitchen and Naga seems very satisfied for the rest of the night.

After Victoria rejoined the group at the ambassador's room shet puts a small snake to the floor, that eagerly scans the rooms with her scent ability is Naga a she?.

Victoria:

There iss indeed a sstrange ssmell in the air misstress: Belladonna and mushed mandragora with a hint of mussk

Dominic:

It seems that the wounds were really sustained though great force and the attacker didn't seem to care much about precision. Besides that, she seems to be dead as long as the ambassador is.

Kirk:

Knowledge (local]: While you don't her real name, you do know that she was a singer at the Karcau Opera House. There she had an engagement as Lady Milva in "Sir Gathrick's Return".

Perception: As the belongings of the ambasador nothing is left besides the actual clothes. Which are not unexpensive, but without further clues.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:
is Naga a she?

Would probably be appropriate.

"Belladonna and mushed mandragora with a hint of musk, do these sound like familiar reagents, either arcane or poisonous?"

"Also, is anyone skilled at man tracking? It would appear something was seen fleeing across the rooftops this evening."

"My skills are also better suited to the living, so perhaps you'd prefer I questioned the Innkeeper?"


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic will make spellcraft and alchemy checks to try and determine whether or not the reagents Victoria mentioned have applications as spell components or poisons.

Spellcraft1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Craft (Alchemy)1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

...pausing momentarily at the door as an afterthought, Victoria mutters a brief incantation...

Spell:

Detect Poison
Potentially identify type DC20 Wis chk - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hoping to cover both bodies if in range of each other, or two casts if unable.

Announcing the result, Victoria head downstairs in search of the Innkeeper.


Dominic:

Your Alchemy skills help you to identify those as ingredients for either a potion of haste or cats grace.

Victoria can't find any signs of a poisoning.


Victoria:

In the backroom the innkeeper still sits on his footstool guarded by a Nighstcarf behind him. The tavern proprietor licks his lips nervously and the beads of sweat on his forehead seem to have gotten more.
As soon as you enter, he tries to stand up (and is pushed back hard by the guard onto the stool).

Again one of you hellspawn freaks? Does this city suffer from a lack of regular HUMAN guards, or what?

You easily recognize his anger for fear.

Those at the murder scene Perception DC 15, Victoria Perception DC 12, Rydlon Perception DC 10:

From the street you hear someone shouting (assumably at the 'Scarf guarding the door):

Le' me in!....bastard....scared....hiding behind that....I know...in there....what?....fiance...don't believe you....


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Hellspawn? of all the greetings I have been given this evening, I must say, that is by far the rudest. I apologise for your momentary discomfort, and I regret the force used to ensure that you do not vacate the scene of a crime, and I wish you on your way as soon as we have been enlightened as to this evenings events".

"Now, I am sure you are not invloved in this of your own volition, and are simply an honest innkeeper with circumstances outside of his control spriraling into unwanted consequences, so I seek only to help you out of this mess - so please, help me help you".

"I am your friend in this matter, I offer an impartial ear into which you may speak freely".

DM:

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
-Shift attitude 1 step.

"The only way I am going to be able to help you is if you tell us, in full, everything you know - convince me, so that I may convince the Guard of your innocence in this matter, or appeal to their clemency for your guilt"

DM:

Diplomacy 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
-Make request, Information

She pauses momentarily, trying to discern what is going on outside.

DM:

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


The innkeeper relaxes slowly, pulls out a handkerchief and dabs the sweat from his forehead. He takes a deep breath and says:

Kay, I mean, sure, that was unnecessary, sorry for my rude compliment. He smiles featherbrained.

The thing is, I didn't want any trouble and i figured out a dead nobleman from the south would mean alot of trouble, eh? So I called the sczarnis to dispose the bodies, but then the Nightscarfs appeared an' I was arrested. Shame on you Desna!

Found him about an hour or so ago...maybe a lil bit earlier maybe later, who cares, he's dead and his cutie also.
But the girl I know, her name's Tatyana, she has an engagement at the opera house - not that I have season ticket, but I know some of the singers, heh.
Didn't know she was also a harlot...I mean I bet the dead man paid her, she was a real beauty...while not as beatuful as you, heh.

Hearing the tumult at the door: Whoa, enough problems for one evening!


Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Edit: "I'll go see what that ruckus is all about."

Kirk vacates the murder scene, heading downstairs to the front door to confront whoever is bothering the front guard.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Perception Check1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Those happen to be useful ingredients for making a Flying Ointment. Just a thought.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Turning to Dominic and Rautha. "So, should we follow our tall friend, or shall we pursue this mysterious person over the rooftops into the night?"


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic follows Kirk closely, his fingers twitching every so slightly as they hover above the long, narrow dagger at his waist.


At the front door a blonde young man (maybe about 20 years old) lies in the hall of the inn. He has a big violet bruise on his forehead and leans on his elbows just begining to regain consciousness.

As an explanation to the sitation, the guard shows you the pommel of his short sword and says:

Since he'd awoken the whole street I thought it'd be wise to silence him. He seems to know the girl though...any commands how to treat him?


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic stands before the youth, taking him in with a scrutinizing glare. The corner of his mouth twitches as he staves off a creeping smile. He leans and whispers to his companions before confronting the lad.
"That body was mutilated beyond recognition - there's no way he could know it was his fiance without prior knowledge of her presence here. Say nothing of what we heard upstairs, we may be able to trap him with his own words."
Taking on a relaxed posture, Dominic steps towards the young.
"I apologize for your treatment, sir - you must understand that this is a delicate matter, and everyone is on edge. Have a seat."
He motions for a mug of ale to be brought to the boy.
"I'm afraid I have none of my healing unguents prepared, but this may help to dull the pain that no doubt throbs in your head. Now tell me, how did you know this girl?"


Kirk helps the man to a chair, but is careful to passive-aggressively push him a little rougher than necessary towards the seat.

"None of us want to be here kid, and the sooner you speak up to my friend here the sooner I get to go home. The sooner I get to get some sleep. The sooner my problems go away: and that's what should matter to you right now, if you catch my drift. Now be good, and tell us what you know.

Intimidate (change attitude 1 step) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Shrugging to Rautha, Asuna follows Dominic downstairs.

Whisper in Infernal to Dominic:
"Keep an open mind. Perhaps he is mistaken, or was otherwise informed that she was coming here."

Asuna follows Dominic to the boy. "Perhaps you can let us know why you came. I can assure you, there are worse fates than simply answering a few questions. Now, is there anything that you'd like to tell us?

He helps the boy to his feet and leads him to a seat where he tends to the knock on the boy's head. "Come up here, lad. Let me take a look at that."

Guidance Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Heal Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Awaiting the information from the new chap before hypothesising further; perhaps the girl was the target all along, and the cleric is a red herring? ;p


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

Rydlon is observing the situation and waits for the answer of the boy.

As always it is all about the women...


Sorry for the long Delay!, busy, busy weekend

Rautha follows Domminic down stairs, He remanins quiet, still rolling all the info around in his head, He awaits the Answer the boy provides to Dominic and Kirks questions.


Asuna:

The bruise aint heavy and besides some headache, he'll be fine.

Looking anxiously from Kirk to Asuna and back to Dominic, the boy decides to answer the tiefling's questions first.

I wanted to see Tatyana, she's... she's I mean, or was, my fiance? What happened to her? I mean you have to tell me!

He tries to stand up but swiftly loses his balance and lands on his chair.

This Varisian, what do you call him, guard? Whatever, told me she was cold and stiff and a w.hore?! That just can't be true, whom did she meet here anyway, tell me! Did he murder her? Was he her murderer?

Suddenly breaking out in tears he grabs Asuna's robe and starts crying.

She was my angel...she was all I had, I mean...I...

After a minute or two he finally regains some strength.

Kay, I'll help you with all I know, what do you want to know?


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

DM:
Mostly for appearances. Bit of a Good Cop to Kirk's Intimidation tactics.

Casting a look in the direction of the others, Asuna tosses a few questions to the boy. "Hm. To start with, tell us about yourself. What do you do? How do you know Tatyana? How long have you two been engaged? Why do you think she's here? Who told you she was dead?"


He takes a deep mouthful of ale, then says

I know, I mean knew, eh, her from the opera house, we both work there. I'm doing some minor illusions and cantrips there, you know? We have been engaged since last Erastus, and we had great plans...marriage, children...

By saying that he begins to cry again.

And I absolutely don't know what she had to do here, or with that guy! The one who told me that she was dead, was the guard who hit me with that short sword. I mean, did he had the right to do that?

Anger seems to flare in him again, but then he starts sobbing.


Rautha Studys the man, tryingt o decide if he is lying or not.

Sense Motive
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Also, how does the man look? his is good looking?, well dressed? does he look liek someone who could hook up with an Aasimar?


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Looking at the guard, "Maybe he shouldn't have hit you, that's true. He will answer for that. But you didn't answer one of my questions. What makes you think the 'she' that he mentioned was your Tatyana?"

Especially one with a prestigious gig at the Opera House as one of the up-and-coming young stars?

Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


While his condition is rather miserable at the moment, you can imagine that he could be a quite charming fellow under other circumstances.
He might not be the most handsome chap around, but you can surely picture him as a man, the women like. His clothes look rather cheap, while quite well composed.

She must've been it, I, I saw her, I mean I know that she went to this place, I would've come earlier, but I had to work...now it's all my fault...she didn't have to die...If I just turned up earlier...

[ooc]Sense motive: Both of you don't get the feeling that he was lying.[/b]


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"When did you see her? How do you know she came to this place?"

Off-topic, I find it hilarious that he's seeking/taking comfort from the most monstrous character in the room. Horns, glowing eyes, red scales and a frakking tail? Clearly having good Charisma is worth something. :)


Rautha Looks straight into the mans eyes, as if he where looking into his soul

"Why is this All your fault? Why did she come here? Why would you being here early do anything but add you to the pile of bodies?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

dot


He looks to Rautha, obviosuly not understanding his question.

How can it be not my fault? Isn't a man supposed to defend his, his love? I could have defended her, I'm a wizard, I have powers! But, but...she also was not defenseless...you know, she was quite gifted too, could shape magical energies at will, not by learning, just through her nature...I always told her she should search the tutelage of a sorcerer in that matter...but now...

How I knew she was here? I sent my familiar to follow her, but the last thing he told me that she went into this tavern...and she was alone at that time!


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"Ah. That does explain a great deal. But even a wizard such as yourself can't be expected to be all-knowing. The future is difficult to predict, even for the gods. You can't be expected to act as if you know the future with certainty." Asuna indicates to the guard to fetch another cup of ale, as it seems to be helping.

"Just as a thought, though. What makes you certain that she is the dead woman who was referred to by the guard? There are other women at the inn, and it is entirely possible that your loved one escaped harm, especially if she has powers as you say. Perhaps she came here to see somebody else, and has already left to continue her other business?"

Diplomacy for Gather Info or Influence, if necessary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


It must be her! How likely is it that another aasimar died in this place tonight, eh?

He stares dully at you, then takes another deep gulp of ale.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"There is always the chance that it isn't her. It's not as if she's the only Aasimar in the country, after all. If two Tieflings can end up at the same table in a tavern by chance, then it's certainly possible that two Aasimar could be in the same building when one of them dies."

Standing, turning to face toward his companions while thinking out loud. "You said she was alone when she got here. Did your familiar stay and keep watch on her? What did she do after arriving?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Becoming annoyed with this "Wizard", Rautha gets up and walks the room, looking for more clues

Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Emptying the second mug of ale, the wizard's voice gets a babbling tone.

Yeah possibility...possibly I'm just stuck in a bad dream, eh? I demand to see her body! But...no, I can't bear it to see her...by all gods can't you just end this procedure?

My familiar returned to me after he saw that she entered the inn. Our telepathic bond didn't reach that far, so he decided to tell me that she's here instead of further observationing.

The captain strolls over to your table putting fine leather gloves on and pulling the firing pin of his pistol back. He leans towards Asuna, Victoria and Kirk:

May I remind you that your whole investigation has to be kept absolutely secret - is this guy a witness of some sort and how much does he know?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"My dear Captain, at the moment all this wretch of a man knows is that the night has ended poorly for his lady-love, and believes she has met an untimely end. About the key and important matters we are really investigating, he knows nothing. That he knows as much as he does is due to one of your guardsmen conveying that she is a cold stiff w.hore"

"More interesting is his belief she arrived here alone, which begs the next question; if this is true, then with WHOM did our clergyman REALLY arrive with, and was the dead angel-blood upstairs just an unfortunate witness or body of convenience... the real killer being the clergymans original escort? Curious..."

"Perhaps we should let him examine the womans body, all the better to confirm or deny it is her corpse"


The captain nods in silent agreement and secures his pistol again.
He glances over to the guard at the front door, shakes his head and mutters what sounds like a Varisian curse.

Well, again your judgement of the situation is of an astonishing clarity. I'll have to talk to the guard. Meanwhile you can show this drunken fellow the body of the girl upstairs.
Maybe you're right that the ambassador didn't arrive with the aasimar, at least the innkeeper didn't say anything like that.

So he might have been in someone else's company, maybe his murderer, presumably a woman...and the starlet was only a happenstance witness or rather vitim. On the other hand, maybe the murderer got here like he left...over the roofs and by that was already waiting in the room for the ambassador.

I propose you discuss your further plans... there are quite alot of possibilities like visiting her home, or cloak room in the opera, or find out more about the ambassador, we will then begin to start cleaning the crime scene. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you might still have.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"Thank you, captain. Perhaps you could have a word with the guard outside?" He nods toward the boy, then the door.

After the guard leaves, or in Infernal if he doesn't. "Should we show the boy the body in situ, or should we wait until it has been cleaned up slightly and separated from the rest of the crime scene?"


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic gives a furtive glance at the lad before standing and approaching his companions.

In Infernal:"Does he need to see the body at all? Clearly he has a delicate sensibility, and I doubt we'll ever restore the body to a state he'll be able to deal with. I think in this instance, he would be best served by satisfying himself with a casket. In any case, I'd rather not allow him onto the scene of the crime just yet - it seems exceedingly likely that he would become... emotional, and his actions might compromise the integrity of the site."

He resumes his speech in Taldane. "However, I agree with Victoria - a shock, I know - that we ought to ascertain just who the ambassador's initial companion was. The print we found - combined with her absence, would suggest her as a prime suspect, unless, perhaps, she was stolen from here against her will? Regardless, we ought to find who she was, and what's become of her. Victoria, did your investigation turn up anything to that effect?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Your care for the boys well being is quite touching darling Nicky, however we need to know exactly what body is strung up in the cupboard. Should it be his lady love or not, we need to know... and unless his skills at clairvoyance are adept, he wont be able to tell us that looking at her in a box"


Overhearing your converstion the captain steps to you

What about the clothes? Maybe he can identify the girl via a look through her belongings?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Or by identifying any distinguishing marks, birthmarks and the like... most assuredly he has seen her...skyclad?"


The captain shrugs

Don't know, but if you ask me, I'm still not convinced that they were a couple. He could easily be some sort of crazy fan or something. Therefore I'd rather not let him see the body now. I suggest you dig deeper into his, her or the ambassador's past...Maybe you should split up for that...time is running fast.

Simultaenously to his last words the bell of Karcau's great clocktower chimes once.

5th of Calistril 1AM


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Turning back to the man on the bench, and holding up a finger to the others, "One more question, lad, and then the captain can have one of his guards escort you home. Does your Tatyana have any truly unique identifying marks that we could use to verify that the corpse upstairs is or is not your lady fair?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"So lets summarise what we have and the possible implications, Caliphas' ambassador Georgiu Alistrada clergyman of Nethys, is assumed to be lying dead upstairs. The reason he was in the city was to attend the ceremonies and possibly look for possible acolytes and maybe even a fugleman, so a leader figure".

"Now I say assumed as the corpse is particularly curiously mutilated, to hide its true identity perhaps? A good reason to was mutilate in a way that prohibits questioning, perhaps the aim was not to prevent the fingering of the killer, but indeed the identity of the corpses? Why go to such effort removing the vocal cords and the whole vocal apparatus so meticulously? It seems that the ambassador was killed by one swift cut though his throat, which suggests either surprise, in his sleep, or under magical compulsion to prevent his own defence."

"Indeed I would be curious as to the real identity of which Aasimar girl is in the wardrobe, I will come to that in a moment."

"The small footprint could have occurred after the first murder, not necessarily after two people were killed, could it have actually been the footprint of the corpse in the closet, or that of the killer?
The wounds were all caused by small easily concealed assassins weapons, a dagger, a knife, a razor, or maybe even a short sword. The room scented by belladonna and mushed mandragora with a hint of musk, found in potions of haste or cats grace, suggesting the type of person who relies on their reflex and speed. A small woman perhaps? An Assassin?"

"Anyhow, the Innkeeper, Russo Locano, discovers the bodies this evening right after the ceremonies, and tries to obtain the services of Sczarni to offload them, understandable actions in this part of town.
The Sczarni outside were most helpful to us, they noted a fellow who arrived in a pretty cab, not alone, but they couldn't make much out of his company, since he or she wore a hooded cloak; nevertheless, they were sure it was a woman that accompanied him. Yet, curiously, they then went on to reveal they saw something leave. A shadow leaving the inn through a window and running over the roofs, they thought a couple was surprised by someone and the man had to take a quick leave."

"What is most curious is that this ‘fiance’ claims his Aasimar ladylove arrived alone, the Sczarni did not confirm that the ambassadors escort was guaranteed to be a woman, only that they thought it was one... which one of course, remains a question, and further the person seen fleeing the crime was possibly a man."

"So at least one of those bodies is not what it appears, indeed there is at least one body of convenience being used as a ruse, and I suspect the other body possibly some sort of accomplice."

"Both the suspected Opera Singer and the possible estranged or derganed fiancé connect to the Opera, or we can look into the Ambassadors affairs..."

"It seems I am already dressed for the opera, so perhaps that is where I should head, indeed we may split to save time"


Victoria Ad Hoc XP Award for Summarizing the situation:

100 XP

The "fiance" looks up and seems to think hard for a moment, then his mouth forms a cunning smile.

Her little finger misses one phalanx!

After that, the captain grabs the man roughly, pulls him to his feet and drags him to the guard at the door.

I assume you're done with him. We will now begin to clean the crime scene, bring the bodies to Vizyalesh academy haltingly he eyes Asuna

and bring the boy home... or would you prefer to have him at hand? Then we will escort him to Pettoria.

Hearing that, the boy just gives a muttered protest and then trots over to the door.

The captain watches him walk away, then turns around to you.

Should you need my service you'll also find me at Pettoria.

He nods, tips his hat and then turns around to his guards to give further commands.


Here we go for a better coordination of your actions

Map of Karcau

Legend:

1) Theatre and Opera of Karcau (adjacent is the Opera District)

2) The Astrolabrium / Obervatory

3) The place of Rituals (belongs to Vizyalesh and is guarded heavily)

4) The Academy quarter

5) The Gardens

6) The Maze

7) Marble District (Upper class)

8) Stone Disctrict (Middle class)

9) Harbour District

10) Rubble District (Lower Class)

11) Market District

12) Strangers District (living her restricted to non natives of Karcau)

151 to 200 of 8,260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.