Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


51 to 100 of 8,260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

"I can empathize with such sentiments. I often found my, er, "personal projects" more enlightening than the lectures of the faculty, but I must at the least concede that I without the fundamentals they taught me, I would not be were I am today."


Very nice talk you had. Let's just wait for the remaining two PCs to get in touch with you before we gon on.

It takes the personell of the Madman only about thirty minutes to prepare all your orders. And you really have to admit thate the cook(s) knows his trade. The food is exotically spiced and au point.

Here you are, I expect it to be the best you ever had in Karcau!


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

Rydlon is watching over the whole place, and his eyes stick to the table with a couple of faces. Somehow these faces seem to be kown, or maybe famous?

After knocking his friend softly with his elbow, he is moving towards this table where a pale man, a half-orc and a beautiful female tiefling and a tiefling wearing the holy symbol of Sarenrae.

Standing in front of table he started talking obviously with a good mood according to his face:

He Guys, and lady of course, I thought I know you somehow. Considering this day, the likelihood is high you have graduated today. Therefore: I shall express my congratulations to you.

His eyes are moving over all persons sitting around the table, by saying

I am going to sit down here for a while and I would appreciate if you, and especially the lady here in the room, don't mind. Anyhow I am here with friends and they expect me to be back in a few minutes, so you do not have to be to concerned. As I can see we all are looking for some...excitement...

By saying this Rydlon is slowly taking a free chair and if nobody is holding him back he will sit down between two tieflings....

...So, let me know who is who...


"Call me Kirk, grumbles the Half-Orc. He reaches for his bottle and poors himself a small glass of whiskey, then for his fork and knife and digs into the meal. "I recognize you, what is your name?"


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"There, we have Miss Victoria, a proficient in things arcane. Next to her, you have Dominic of the many chemical studies. My name is Asuna. I am a priest of Sarenrae." As he names each of the others, he gestures to them. He then says a prayer over his food, sips his mead, and begins eating his Ragout. After a moment, he stops. "You never did answer my question earlier, sir, regarding vampire children."


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

First, nice to meet you guys. Does this lady belongs to you?

Rydlon raised his hands and imitating a surrender gesture.

"Well done my friend. I must confess you have a good memory. Without going into detail you can be sure a vampire child is nothing you should be interested in; their hearts are black and they want to see you dead - ya, I believe you could compare their motivations with a lady who feels being betrayed by you with an another female and who is following the Calistria path to take revenge."

To all others with a smile on his face:
"Not to say, that this is an experience I have made. But who knows...."

To Kirk:
"My name is Rydlon, but do not pass to anybody."

To the round
"All in all I have to say this is a very interesting group. Considering a beautiful Lady at the table, you mostlikely have heard about the fight a couple of days ago."


Kirk speaks through a mouthful of lobster, "What fight?"

Knowledge (local) if necessary: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

"We're living at universities that train ambitious youths where to stick a sword and how to pull fire out of the air. I'd say that's a recipe for conflict, so I fail to see how one fight is news of significance."


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"Perhaps I am alone in this, but I wouldn't want to assume that all vampires are black-hearted. Some, certainly, perhaps even most. But all? That might be like saying that I, and perhaps Milady here, must be servants of hell, being of so-called fiendish descent."

Turning to Victoria, "Unless I miss my mark, milady? The eyes and the horns would seem to indicate a similar heritage to my own."


Rydlon:

Was there a real fight? If yes, what was it like?


At the note of the schools being pointless, a man in Jet black robes, lined with gold runes Jumps into the converstaion, as if he had been here all along, yet not noticed. From behind low pulled hood a Whispering, Raspy Voice, speaks

"I don't believe these schools are pointless. It is Hard to find schools that offer such a... Broad Curriculum. Academy Vizyalesh being the second school I have attended, I find them to be much more, open minded.."


Rautha:
What kind of animal is Midnight?


Dm:

Ahhh sorry, he is a raven


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

DM:
I guess everything is clarified know

Rydlon is looking towards Rautha....

"Aaa, welcome...Mr...."

....and moves his head back towards the group and answers to Asuna.

"Of course you are allowed to maintain your own point of view, especially as you are a representative of our god Sarenrae valued for redemption. Although I do not share your suggested comparison, I appreciate this mentality... it will help the community...."

Rydlon performs a "Thank You" devout ejaculation towards Sarenrae.

"we have to respect the gods....and for sure you..."

Rydlon is looking to his right side to Victoria and looking back to his left side to Asuna.

"...are the proof for tieflings.... By the way do you know the song "angel left, devil right" from Westcrown the old capital of Cheliax ? "


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"I can't say I do know that tune. Why do you ask?"


"You May call me Rautha"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Asuna wrote:
First, nice to meet you guys. Does this lady belongs to you?

The lace fan moves into a frenzied flutter.

"Guys?...BELONG?... how outrageous!"

The lace fan is rapidly and rather abruptly closed with a sharp snap, there is a look of moral indignation on Victorias fine features.

"Clearly manners and social decorum were not on the curriculum at some establishments".

Asuna wrote:
"Unless I miss my mark, milady? The eyes and the horns would seem to indicate a similar heritage to my own."

The fan is reopened with a deft flick of the wrist, and is once again employed in typical courtier fashion.

"At least you begin with a proper address; a similar heritage perhaps, but further speculation about such esoteric ideas is quite outside of the realms of acceptable passtimes for respectable ladies"


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

I'd caution you not to be too quick with such labels, my good minstrel. Whatever shell a being might wear - man or woman, human or orc - it is little more than a husk to house the mind within, the nature of which is not so easily ascertained."


Orders some "Qin" Tea, but Eats nothing, He sits Quietly, taking in the Verbal sparing going on at the Table

It seems to me that everyone is talking and talking, but doesn't seem to be saying anything.. Thinks Rautha


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

"Dominic, we all know that the character of a being is not a product of race than of life experience. I guess we share the same criteria for our judgement, right? And according to the sayings, I do believe that no person sitting at this table will not agree to this. And Asuna..."

Rydlon is pointing to Asuna

"...has mentioned it by saying most. I like your kind, you do not judge in advance - that is a good attitude. My question is who made - or will make - which experiences. And as soon as it comes to undead, my friend, I have made my own experience and I promise no one should ever get too close to the friends of Urgathoa. Anyhow, the good thing is, everybody can make his own decisions....and experiences...."

Rydlon is moving his head around, observing the tavern.

DM:
Is here any kind of music played in the tavern? And is there any dancing?

With a smile...

"Sorry guys, now I will make some knew experiences and win my bet...

...and his eyes are covered with a twinkle...


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

"Perhaps followers of the Pallid Princess should not be trusted, but similar things could be said of followers of the Midnight Lord or the Rough Beast. But there we get into judgment based on ideas of a person which they have control over, not birth or other things that they do not. I would be judged as a follower of Sarenrae, not as a Tiefling."

Turning to the others. "I apologize for being boorish. My own experiences have led me to resent judgments based on uncontrollable factors such as the nature of one's birth."


Asuna wrote:
"I apologize for being boorish. My own experiences have led me to resent judgments based on uncontrollable factors such as the nature of one's birth."

"I am of a similar belief, having suffered at the hands of judgemental children for most of my childhood. And not only because of my Orcish heritage, but for significant events in my past that were far beyond my control. Our society is all-too-often poisoning itself with so-called civilized customs and expectations, but in reality I think everyone deserves to be judged for who they are: not on their kin, their past, or their beliefs.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

"A dangerously naive outlook, my toothy friend. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Whether inherently wicked or not, the culture that many of the brutish races are born into tends to mold them into less than desirable specimens. Still, our shining hellspawn here is proof that there are exceptions. Cynicism is the only form in which a base soul approaches honesty, so I would advise you to make those judgements you so abhor, but take them always with a grain of salt."


Rydlon:

There is not enough space for dancing, nevertheless do the people sing all the time.

Suddenly the tavern door is kicked open and a group of 7 men enter. They belong to the Nightscarfs - Karcaus Varisian elite city guard. All seven wear tricornes and black leather frocks and move like experienced fighters: agile and without unnecessary waste of energy. They have a flintlock-pistol and two sheathed shortswords attached to their belt. Of their face only the eyes are visible while the rest is covered under a broad black scarf. The inn's customers fall silent the moment they recognize the newcomers for what they are... now everyone just stares down on his table trying to make no noise at all.

The captain of the 'Scarfs advances to your table, nods and tells you with a rather hissing voice:

„Ke shass te Majere, carte lore de acadameje, tu se volgeje, nu cor kestone. Aresist non senis en, vilse kastrajest manus.“

Those who speak Varisian:

„By the command of the Magistrate, who consists of the leaders of the four academies, you are expected to follow us without further questioning. Resistance is futile and will be sentenced in the harshest manner.“

Rakson for the event I just assumed you were together with the rest.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Reply in Varisian

"Dear Captain, this is highly unusual and not the sort of address I'd expect toward a lady from a man of your station. I see you are on official business, so perhaps it caused the slight oversight on your behalf. I assent to your request to be my escort if you could kindly establish your identity and authority, or should I simply consider myself kidnapped by a ruffian?"

GM:

Diplomacy - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Adjust Attitude
Hostile 25 + creature's Cha Modifier
Unfriendly 20 + creature's Cha Modifier
Indifferent 15 + creature's Cha Modifier

"...And should you further be open to another petition, perhaps you can enlighten me as to the nature of the summons?"

GM:

Diplomacy - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Make request - DC?
Give simple advice or directions –5
Give detailed advice +0
Give simple aid +0
Reveal an unimportant secret +5
Give lengthy or complicated aid +5


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

Rydlon remains sitting on his chair, but moves his head from the Captain to Victoria and vice versa.

DM:
Rydlon does not speak Varisian; but would like to find out a) if the speech was directed to him as well or only to Victoria and b) if trouble is part of the speech

Sense Motive 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Rydlon:

Whatever the guard's captain said he seemed to mean all of you.

Reply in Varisian:

You have to forgive me m'lady, but as I was told, your attendance of a secret meeting is of the highest importance. Since you are capable of speaking Varisian would you do me the favor to translate my request to your fellow students?

After adressing Victoria a second time, the captains seems to relax a little bit.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Remaining seated with hand on holy symbol, "Perhaps you could speak the Common tongue. I get the impression this is some sort of Spanish Inquisition, and it would be nice to be able to understand it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria nods her head gently in acquiesence to the Captain, with a polite smile.

..In Taldane..

"The Dear Captain has called upon us to offer his kind escort to a rather pressing appointment at which we must, it is urged, find ourselves in attendance; perhaps you would all care to gather up your belongings as we are to depart, in a decorus manner, immediately"

"That would be all of us, it seems..." she says, making eye contact with each of the assembled graduates.

Victoria once again turns to the Captain and tips her brow again, confirming she has done as he has asked.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Asuna wrote:
"Perhaps you could speak the Common tongue. I get the impression this is some sort of SpanishInquisition, and it would be nice to be able to understand it."

...Taldane...

"The rather cordial invitation has been extended to us by the Magistrate, who are principally the heads of the four colleges; I rather get the impression that they are rather insistent on enjoying our company..."

With that, Victoria collects up her fan and her glass of wine and waits ready to leave, looking at the Captain expectantly.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

DM, Victoria:
In Infernal to Victoria

"Do you trust them? They come for us armed with expensive weapons and, from what I can observe, demand that we attend them."

Standing and smiling to the officers, Asuna takes a last pull from the mug of mead, then tips a nod of gratitude to the inkeeper.


The captain nods thankfully to Victoria waiting for the other graduates to fasten their equipment.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

With a rather gentle look, as if exlaining some minor matter of politic to Asuna...

Infernal:

"Assassins tend not to walk in the front door and demand of their marks in front of a crowd of witnesses; the expense of their equipment hints that they are as they appear and claim to be, or they have gone to great expense to effect such an extravagant and elaborate deception. Either way, we are best disposed to attend them in the short term"

At that, Victoria gives a soft girlish giggle, as though she has found something rather comic in a quaintly charming manner in Asunas question and her subsequent answer; a subtle cover act to avoid disclosing the nature of the banter, and accidently giving the Captain and his men any cause for concern.

Dice roll:

Bluff 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

Rydlon is standing up...

"One moment Captain...you cost me my bet on the premises."

....and heading towards his colleague....

"Well my friend, as far as I can see I own you 1 Gold Coin."

...and gave him 1 Gold Coin. After this he is goes to the Captain.

" I do not know, what you are your intentions neither I know what reasons you have. But I know you cost me my Gold as well as a couple of beautiful experiences which can not be valued with Gold....


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Infernal:
It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of somebody doing just that. Posing as officialdom with the purpose of assassinating a group after a mock arrest or summons. It's not difficult to do. I don't suppose we have much choice, however."

Leading the way to the door, Asuna would say to the nearest of the Nightscarves, "I recommend you come back and try the Ragout sometime. It's excellent. I only wish I had a chance to finish it myself."


Before we leave the tavern everyone should have the chance to act

The captain lets his gaze rest on Rydlon...you're not sure if he understood you, but his eyes send a silent threat your way.

The Nightscarf next to Asuna just pretends not to have understood a single word and stares over his shoulder.


Kirk will begin silently packing up his things after hearing the first message (he speaks Varisian). This includes tossing the bottle of whiskey into his pack, and standing up, heading for the door, whether anyone goes with him or not. "I'll wait outside," he grumbles.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Sense Motive or Perception on pretender to notice: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Rautha Stands up, Collects a Wooden staff, and then makes a Sharp Whistle, after a few moments, a very mottled Raven lands on his Shoulder, the burd apears to have seen better days.. As it has spots where it is missing feathers..

"I am ready, lead the way."


Asuna:

A treacherous blinking makes you think that he understood you quite well.

Sorry Rakson for dragging you along again, but 6/7th have already answered-oh dear I forgot Dominic :-(

After the Nightscarfs led you out of the tavern you get blindfolded and dragged along side-alleys to an unknown place. During your trip you become more and more impressed by the guard's qualities, since you don't seem to encounter a single person on a walk that takes about fifteen minutes. From time to time though, you hear music in the distance, so you must still be inside the city's walls.

Rautha:

Master, now worries the living ones seem to cause no harm, I'll watch their actions closely though.

Victoria:

Misstress, I'll watch the human'ss actionss clossely and warn you, if any ssign of danger occurss.

It's freezing cold and it must have started snowing - small flakes cling to your hair and face from time to time. Then finally, you reach your destination. A door is opened and the blindfolds are removed. The captain of the 'Scarfs has led you into the dark hall of an - at first gaze - very impressive townhouse.
He pauses and nods in the direction of an richly ornamented door.


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Perhaps Rakson will meet us at our destination?

After shaking off the hands of the guards and checking to make sure all his gear is still in place, Asuna mutters just loud enough to be heard,

In Infernal:
"Seem normal to you? Still, at least we're not dead."

To the guard who understood Common, "We are to go inside?"


After straighting his robes, and checking his pouches for damage, Rautha takes a quick look around the room

Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Half-Elf Bard/1

With a sympathic expression on his face, Rydlon makes a friendly guesture with his arm towards the captain:

"Puh....Captain...very good job, I see it is not the first time that you escort strangers to a big door...., if I had known this....I guess this means that the final drop is falling....next time just ask..."


Rautha:

The room is only lit by two oil lamps which steadily flicker (must be an open window or such somewhere) and by that throw strange shadows on the surrounding walls.
You notice that the materials and accessories (carpet, lamps, wood ect.) used in the room, look quite expensive.
There are two other doors leading off the hall and staircase that goes up to the first floor.

@ Asuna and Rydlon: The guards just ignore you.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic gives the Scarves and icy glare but says nothing to them as his gaze moves about the the building. His hands rest easily about his waist, thumbs tucked into his sturdy leather belt - and never venture far from the vials that reside there. His eyes dance about the premises, attempting to ascertain anything more about the situation.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

In Varisian

Spoiler:
We've followed this far, but I'll not show you my back until I know who holds your leash." He motions to the door. "After you, sir."


Guard Captain's answer in Varisian:

With a touch of mockery in his voice:

"Hold your tongue boy or I will forget my good manners and..."

He pauses, then seems to smile (hard to recognize under his masquerade) and goes on:

You nearly made me do something I'd regret afterwards. So, back to business: Since I'm not allowed to enter, you have to master this heroic quest without my further assistance.

He gives a slight bow.

Perception Roll:

You can't extract any new information.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

"Very well then. Given the circumstances, I'm a man such as yourself with understand if I exercise a degree of caution in these proceedings"
Without waiting for a response, Dominic proceeds to run his hand lightly over the door, checking it for traps.

perception to check for traps1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Looks safe.


Male Human (Taldan) Alchemist 1

Dominic eases the door open just a crack and looks back to the guards with a scowl. He peaks into the room, then pulls the door wide open and bows deeply, shooting an almost mocking grin to Victoria.
"Ladies first, of course."


Male Tiefling (Asura-Spawn) Cleric (Sarenrae) 1

Cast Detect Magic

If nothing odd comes up: Turn to the lead guard and say, "Thank you for the escort. Let's do it again sometime, shall we?" In Infernal, he would continue with a smile on his face. "Next time, I blindfold you, of course."

Asuna would then move to the door, stepping through first with hand on hilt if nobody else does.

51 to 100 of 8,260 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.