Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,701 to 6,750 of 8,260 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Once the light debate is sorted out - :) which door are you going to take?


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Hemm...

Johenric shakes his head.

Solaric, I meant you should cast light once we require a permanent light source. The idea of the dancing light was to keep us hidden in shadows as long as we do not need a permanent light.


Human

"As you wish, Johenric. That is a fine idea." Solaric dismisses the light spell on Flofer's sword. "Flofer, my lad, the lighting will be dim, but you must follow along as best you can!"

Solaric rushes up to the northern door and listens carefully at the door before opening it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

He also looks for any other clues to indicate which way the villain may have gone.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Vic follows on, ready to provide healing support...


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric nods to Solaric and Victoria, and follows casting the dancing lights. Obviously he is a little bit proud right now...


There's nothing to be heard from that door. For you each of the doors looks as good as the others...

From above you still here the moaning of the kids - maybe one of you should go back and look for help?!


Human

Please clarify. Where does the sound of kids moaning come from? Are they located in the theatre on the ground floor above us? Did we see any other kids while we were up there? Did we investigate the entire theatre ground floor?


Yep, they're coming from the grand opera hall. I got the impression you ignored them in order to pursue quickly, but sending for help could also be a good idea?!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Push onwards, there's only one 'cure' and any procrastinating will simply cost more lives. Hurry"

Vic simply walks through and opens the North door, indeed she opens each in turn in a clockwise direction unless something of interest happens.

"Whilst we need consider caution, we are also in an ambush, but the ambush is on a timer as fairly soon many will die of we are slow in acting. I have no fear in pushing this to bloody conclusion"


Human

"Flofer, can you run and find Captain Gregori Dumitru? Tell him that we need immediate help. Victoria is right. We need to act in haste, but I also think we need some support here for the injured! Come and join us as soon as you have gotten help. We will not be far from here!"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Yes, but is it a good idea to expose more people to the sick before we know the cure? Flofer asks. I will go... he says and leaves to find Gregori.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria spins on her heels at hearing her view so blunty disregarded, and looks aghast at the sight of Floffer turning to leave...

"WAIT!" she calls to Floffer, then turns to Solaric.

"So how many more will now die by yet another reckless action? First you unleash a vampire on the City, then offer it the blood of the people in payment, then you open the entire city to exposure from what is known to be a horrible and fatal plague?" Victorias tone is rather incredulous. "Unless we are victorious down here, and very quickly, the children upstairs are all dead, we are all dead, and if Floffer, who by now has been exposed to the plague goes running through the City, Karcau is dead too"

"If all the Kings horsemen and all the Kings men couldn't save your fair Countess, what makes you think a bunch of peasants is going to have a happy ending with a death plague? This is down to us, moving fast, and if we lose then this whole place, and everything in it needs to burn"

"Push onward"


Human

"I'm sorry, Victoria. I suppose that I did not consider all of the options carefully enough. You are right, let's push onward."

Silently, Solaric intones a prayer as he grasps his sword even tighter in his hand. "Blessed Inheritor, guide me to the heart of the evil that I may smite it down and put an end to this black shadow that threatens this city!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"And in turn I apologise for being so abrupt, I know in your heart you wish only to do the best for people and wish only the greatest good for all... somedays your enthusiasm and zeal will not be temepered and it flows forth like a volcano"

With a much gentler demeanour, she continues checking the doors.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer gasps under his helmet, suddenly realizing that he too has been exposed to the evil-death-green-spider-plague.
Yeah, let's find this ragamuffin and get rid of him! I don't want to get this stupid plague!


Human

"Flofer, the Rag man is not a muffin! You would do well do realize that we are likely dealing with one of the most dangerous servants of the deity Norgorber! Watch your tongue, and above all, do not underestimate this villain!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric stands next to Victoria, Solaric and Flofer during the discussion. As the options gets presented by the talkers and the opionions gets exchanged, he obviously has a big questionmark on his face.

Regarding the two options. Before making a decision there are questions we need...

Suddenly he realizes...

Good, you have sorted out which option to take in a practical way...without further answer it is not possible to rang the options from a logical perspective...ah I am ready.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn shook his head as he walked around the room listening at each other door...the Ragman is getting away while they debate every move and decision...

Shhhh! Have you never hunted before? Your discussion is going to give our presence away.

Perception East Door: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Perception South Door: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
Perception West Door: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22


Human

Solaric agrees and without another word he draws his longsword and opens the north door.


Cairn:

Behind the southern door you can hear the mechanical creaking of something that reminds you of a giant clockwork of some sort.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Wait, but shouldn't we make sure the others don't get out and spread the plague?! Flofer whispers.


Human

"The idea is good, Flofer, but they are already dying and we are running out of time. What do you propose we do?"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Well I'm not sure, but we should also make sure the Ragman doesn't just waltz out the front door while we're down here stumbling in the dark...Should we post a guard? And make sure nobody comes in either?


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn hisses a warning and motions towards the southern door.

There's something behind this one...something mechanical? Im going to open it.

He makes sure Ole' Bessy is loaded and waits for the others to get ready before opening the door.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria accompanies Cairn, concerned about the amount of time the Ragman is getting to prepare for their arrival.


Human
Flofer wrote:
"Well I'm not sure, but we should also make sure the Ragman doesn't just waltz out the front door while we're down here stumbling in the dark...Should we post a guard? And make sure nobody comes in either?"

"Flofer, Let's just hope the infected simply stay put for now. We cannot spare you to stand guard. We need you now to help us in our attack against the Ragman. I think we just need to take a chance in this situation."

Solaric has no intention of getting separated from the others and will stay with Victoria and Cairn.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric nods and follows.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

As soon as the others were set, Cairn opens the door and prepares for the worst.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


Cairn opens the door and at once you can also hear the metallic creaking and hissing of the giant machine behind it that controls the mechanical and semi-mechanical parts of the opera stage. From here the painted wooden backgrounds, weather and light effects and other gimmicks can be controlled. The whole thing is a massive apparatus consisting of several hundreds small and large clockworks, controlled by a long line of levers. At the far end of the room is another door.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric casts detect magic


Human

"Come along, my friends. Onward!" Solaric proceeds cautiously towards the door at the other end of the room. He looks around carefully as he passes through.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn sets Ole' Bessy against his shoulder and moves in behind the new Count.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer follows behind, casting floating balls of light at his feet every so often. Thus, he is able to avoid most stumbling and only almost gets the horns of his helm caught on a hanging beam once...

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The door is a bit stuck, but after some pulling it gives way with a creaking sound. Beyond is a flooded, slowly descending corridor. The air is damp and frosty but the cold that creeps under your clothes and chills your bones doesn't feel entirely natural.


Human

Solaric will take a moment before entering the cold and detect evil, looking into the spectrum of the unseen to find any auras of evil in the room.


There's a very subtle hint of evil that grows stronger the farther you walk down the corridor. As the water has reached your ankle, you are sure that a powerful presence has made its lair somewhere in the flooded part of the corridor or beyond it.


Human

"Ok, my friends. I sense a powerful presence of evil here. The lair is near. We have to decide how to approach. If Kirk Spearborn was here I would send him in looking for traps, especially with he clockwork machinery and the water nearby. However, we do not have much time. I wish to move forward with all haste and strike at the heart of this evil, but I will hear all of your thoughts."


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn was eager to get a shot at the Ragman and stepped up.

I will take the point position. I dont have much of an eye for traps but I dont miss much besides that. Help me out with some light and lets move.

He waded into the water with Sir Solaric's warning af an evil presence in mind and his eyes sweeping the stange surroundings.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 +4 vs Humans; +2 vs Undead


Ok, Cairn upfront, rest of the marching order?


Human

Solaric just behind Cairn followed by Johenric, then Victoria. Flofer takes the rear.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Looks good


As you begin to wade into the cold water, the chill you felt before grows stronger and stronger. With clattering teeth you follow Cairn until the water has rewach knee-height. At the end of the corridor a heavy rusty iron door awaits you and it will need at least two strong men to pull it open against the pressure of the cold waters.

Fortiude Save Dc 15 to resits 1D6 cold damage and two STR Dc 13 checks to open the door.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Fort 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

"This water is rather chilled"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Fortitude DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Its not too bad once you get used to it. Although a sturdy pair of boots goes a long way.

Cairn approached the door and took stock of it.

I'll need a hand with this.

Grabbing the handle the young Sczarni heaved.

Strength DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Strength DC 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Human
Victoria wrote:
"This water is rather chilled."

"This water feels unnaturally cold. I wonder if there is some villainy behind this."

Fortitude Check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

"I will help you with that door, Cairn. Let's push on three. One . . . two . . . . three!"

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria casts Resistance on Cairn, and Solaric if time allows... just in case.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Ooh, this water is great--my feet were sweating like a pig on feast day! Flofer laughs, forgetting for a moment where he is.


With concerted effort, Cairn and Solaric are able to push open the door, suddenly there is a saprk - surely a trap - and an instant later, the water is electrified!

Fort Save DC 20 not to be dealt 6D6 electricity damage. A successful save halves the damage.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Fortitude Save DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 or take 6d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 1, 6, 1) = 20

Ohi!! Che Fa Male...and was quite stupid...

Cairn stamped his feet and rubbed his arms to try to shake off the tingly feeling of being fried.


Human

Fortitude Saving Throw: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32

Electrical Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 2, 6, 1, 1) = 16÷2 = 8

"Did you miss that trap, Cairn? We cannot afford many mistakes like that one!"

Kirk Spearborn would not have missed that one!

6,701 to 6,750 of 8,260 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.