Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,651 to 6,700 of 8,248 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria's tone is soft and gentle, as she approaches the child, her demeanour and bearing is likke some loveable fairy tale princess "What did you see little one?" she softly speaks, almost a whisper, "Do you think you could take us to the spot?" her delicate hand extends out as she forms a warm and comforting smile.


The boy looks at Victoria, he seems a bit unsure what to say, but as Gorian gives him an encouraging nudge, he says

This man...my brother told me of him and we once saw him together...he...did bad things to my brother and other kids I knew...and just an hour ago, I saw him again, even though uncle Andreanu said he was dead. He came out of the back entrance of the opera, but he was much paler than back then when I saw him for the first time. And the air was cold around him...I wanted to shout at him...but...but I was too scared...


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn felt like weeping for the child and all the other children that had fallen to the Ragman...no lads or lasses should even have to worry about such things as a child let alone deal with such horrors... but anger quickly overrode it.

No son, you were a brave lad.

He gave the boy a handful of 10 gold coins and a nod of appreciation to his mother. Turning to the Chosen...

An hour ago he said. Thats much time but it is enough to disappear in Karcau. Im headed over there now.


Johenric wrote:
"Well Solaric, I heard about the plague the first time. If you want me doing some research please let me know where to start."

"I guess this is the problem, my friend. I do not know where to even start in this matter. Normally I have been able to cure wounds with a touch of my hands, or through the channelling of the Inheritor's divine strength. However, this feels rather different. I do not know how it is spread and how to put a stop to the whole thing. It feels more necromatic in nature and something entirely more sinister. Do you know how to determine if somebody is even infected with the plague? I will pray for guidance, but I also feel that I could use the help of someone highly intelligent such as yourself."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
'Countess' Victoria wrote:
"Dear Gorian, once again dark things conspire to haunt this fair city, I wonder if they are once again plaguing the sewers and the Opera, favourite haunts of the Rag Man, I would ask that you keep this in mind, and if your people encounter any...troubles...then you know what could be the cause and that we will seek to remedy this..."

"So quick... I only just mentioned it and already we have a result"

Victoria gently pulls on Cairns arm, "We had best gather all our fellows for this, we can wait at the Opera, but tread with caution for we are facing someone returned from the dead in a terrain they know better than us, and likely they set a few traps and tricks"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Well, I see Solaric. This is strange. Obivously this plague is immune to divine power. Do we know somebody who is affected by this, so I can study it?


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Worry and a steadily growing sense of revenge for.. little Gavran... creased the yougn Sczarni's face even as resolve set in.

Im ready to go now M'lady. How many of the Chosen are not here already and how soon can they be here?...we cant miss this chance!


Johenric wrote:
"Well, I see Solaric. This is strange. Obivously this plague is immune to divine power. Do we know somebody who is affected by this, so I can study it?"

"Well, Johenric, I have not ruled out any divine spells yet. Come morning I am going to cast my strongest healing that I know and see if it has any effect." Solaric continues in a whisper. "However, the person that is in question is the Countess Sassandra Livgrace herself."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"We could assemble rather quickly, perhaps have the Nightscarves fetch them whilst we head to the Opera and at least put in surveillance..."

Per the above, we head to the Opera, and have the Nightscarves go fetch the Cavalry!


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

I suppose Flofer has returned to the temple at this point.


Johenric and Solaric are visiting at the Shark Pool hoping to run into both Cairn and Victoria. However, I haven't seen any exchange of greeting yet, so I was not including Solaric in your conversation with Gorian. I will start it.

"Greeting Cairn and Victoria. Well met indeed. I hope you have been faring well. Johenric and I were just discussing some of our next steps. Perhaps you would care to join us at our table for a nice visit?"


I was a bit confused by that too - I thought Vicky and Cairn just ignored you because they were so excited!

So when Cairn and Vicky storm out of the Shark Pool, they stumble right into Johenric and Solaric - miraculously Flofer is also here, he seems to have got lost on the way to the temple!

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Oh hi guys! Flofer says, removing his helmet. What are you all doing here? All going out for a drink? I was on my way back to the temple...at least I thought I was... Flofer says, looking around and scratching his head.


Flofer wrote:
"Oh hi guys! Flofer says, removing his helmet. What are you all doing here? All going out for a drink? I was on my way back to the temple...at least I thought I was..."

"Flofer? Are you still running around wearing that black helment? I still have trouble reconciling you and the black knight, Narumek. However, regardless of that, you should know that no, I am not here for a drink, but to meet with Karcau's Chosen and discuss our next steps. Please join us. There is much that we need to talk about."


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Ok, so what's the plan? What have I missed? Last I knew we were trying to figure out what's wrong with the countess, and kill that vampire. I told you we should have killed her back in when we first found her!


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn was a tad surprised to see the other Chosen apparently waiting outside of the Shark Pool. He also took a second look at Flofer who he still had a hard time believing was also the Black Night Narumek.

I hope you have your armor Sir Flofer. We just got the most troubling news and dont have much time to act on it. A boy saw the Ragman...that took his brother... at the Opera house no more than an hour ago. We must move quickly; are you all ready?

It was easy to tell that the Sczarni youth was anxious to make all haste.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Flofer Nighthawk wrote:
I told you we should have killed her back in when we first found her!

"And I would have agreed. We don't have to face that now though, we have the Rag Man loose again, or at least a pretender to the title. Seems his puppetmaster has brought him back again... he's at the Opera house."

"Cairn, of course I am ready, and I look forward to finding a permanent solution to this problem"

Victoria moves along with Cairn... "We can talk about anything else on the way"


Cairn wrote:
"We just got the most troubling news and dont have much time to act on it. A boy saw the Ragman...that took his brother... at the Opera house no more than an hour ago. We must move quickly; are you all ready?"

"This is troubling news indeed. I think the rest of the discussion can wait. Let's go! We've seen stealing children before. Let's find this villain and put an end to him like the others."


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Who's this Ragman again? Sounds like a poor sort of fellow... I don't think Flofer has ever heard much about the Ragman.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

[/b]Flofer, this is a good question. Who the hack is Ragman?[/b]


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Flofer Nighthawk wrote:
Who's this Ragman again? Sounds like a poor sort of fellow...

"A rather bad fellow with very nasty intentions, and a penchant for murdering children. He appears to have come back from the dead, which is a concern... I believe he is an agent of what I can only describe as teh Puppetmaster, the great evil, possibly on the Kronstein Ridge"

Victoria takes all the shortcuts to the Opera, she feels like she has been there so many times before. e eyes turn a bit wistful as she remembers her times there with Pitr and Kirk, such loyal men, such brutal men.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

As Victoria explained what a monster the Ragman was; Cairn occupied himself by checking that his pistol was loaded before tucking it back into his belt...I'll wait until we are actually at the Opera House before getting out Ole Bessy...


A violent, cold wind blows as you reach the opera square. The large structure with its nearly monumental dimensions looms over the square like a bird of prey and you don't feel very comfortable as you approach.

The front door is only about a dozen metres away, as it suddenly is thrown open, a young girl, hardly older than fifteen stumbles out of the opera, her face and neck are covered by greenish spider veins.

Behind her, a boy of about her age lies facedown in the corridor...


"By the light, what has happened to you, dear? Speak to me. Are you alright?"

At the sight of the boy lying facedown in the corridor, Solaric rushes over to determine if he is still alive even before he hears her response.

Heal Check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer's mouth begins to hang open as they approach the Opera.
Wow, I always thought seeing the Opera would be wonderful, but right now it just seems...scary... he whispers. He dons his helm and it is clear that it is to hide his fear...


The girl grabs your arm as you move past her and you feel that she needs your support otherwise she would also go down.

We...*cough* we were rehearsing for tomorrow's performance of "Glory of Sinaria" when suddenly the first began to cough and vomit...I...there was this man...


Solaric holds her up. "When did you see this man? What did he look like?"


He is the new caretaker of the opera, only here for a week, I think *cough* his office is somewhere down in the cellars! The girl is hardly able to remain on her feet, even with your support.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Rest child" Victoria soothingly suggests...

DC17 Will save or taje a Slumber Hex

"She might be ill Solaric, I wouldn't leave her outside on such a day" her tone suggests the rest of the reason you wouldn't leave a plague victim on the street.

Victoria begins heading in, her destination is the basement.


The girl has no resistances left to withstand the spell and falls asleep instantly.

While Solaric slowly lays her down on the ground, Victoria entersy the opera - in the corridor half a dozen youths lie on the ground, some yammer painfully, while others seem to have lost consciousness already.

Everyone who enters the Opera, please put a fotritude save in a spoiler which you don't check yourself.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer follows Victoria cautiously inside.

DMZ:
Fort:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Solaric lays the girl down gently. He lays his hands on her and casts cure light wounds on her in the hopes that the divine energy will aid her in some way. He then checks the state of the boy and then follows Victoria into the theatre.

Cure Light Wounds 1d8 ⇒ 2

Was Solaric able to determine if the boy was still alive? See previous heal check.

Fortitude Saving Throw:

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Sorry, yes, they are all alive but very weak.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn held back tears at the sight of the poor children lying dead in the hall. He made a warding gesture against evil spirits and followed the Chosen into the dark.

Fortitude Save:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Save your blessings Solaric, we may have more pressing need for them, let me do what I can for these ones, although disease is more lingering and insidious than a wound, and a magical disease even more so. This disease rots the soul no doubt..." Victoria moves through to the children, gently caressing them. Though she keeps a regal bearing and the gentle nature of a fairy tale princess for the children, her eyes blaze with fury when she looks away. Her demonic ancestry beginning to wrest free from her control, the desire to rend and destroy moving inevitably forward.

Hex:Healing
Boy 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (6, 7) + 7 = 20
Girl 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13

Fort:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


At the end of the corridor you reach a connecting passage. From here you can either enter the grand hall of the opera, the backstage area or by desecnding the stairwell, the cellars.

From the grand hall you can hear more moaning...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria doesn't even pause as she pushes through, the diabolical fury setting to explode.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric standing in the background observes the situation and follows the others into the Opera.

DMZ:
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Solaric draws his longsword as he follows Victoria, anticipating a battle at any moment.


After you have descended down the dark stairwell Light sources? you find yourself in a large room with a door leading in each cardinal direction. The air smells strange down here, a bit damp but also putrid.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn pulled a small cut stone from his pouch and released it into the air. It glowed softly and began spinning around his head. Next he fished into the satchel at his left hip and brought out Ole Bessy, his beloved musket axe.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Vic has dark vision


Solaric has low light vision.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer stumbles around blindly in the dark, holding on to the cloak of whoever allows him to...


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric has Low-Light Vision. As he recognizes that light is required, he casts every minute dancing lights. The four dancing light he directs upfront of the group. So that the group is hiden in the shadows and the area in front of them is enlighted.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Clever"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

I am Glad that you agree. In Books we find a Lot of interesting use cases of all kinds of spells. knowledge collected since the first usage of magic. do you know ... not the right place For a conversation like this. anyway, as The duration of the spell is rather short, The only issue we might have is when we encounter somebody. In this Case we Need a more durable light source...any suggestions?


"As a priest of the blessed Inheritor I can call upon her light at any time. If your spells runs its course and extinguishes, I will gladly bring forth her light from any object you wish. Is there a particular object you wish for me to illuminate?"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Oh yeah, I can do that too... Flofer says when Johenric casts dancing lights I just forgot...

Solaris can you cast light on my sword?


"Certainly."

Solaric casts Light upon Flofer's sword.

6,651 to 6,700 of 8,248 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.