Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,601 to 6,650 of 8,248 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

”I am not so sure.”

”Right now, the Countess enjoys the ‘loyalty’ of her nobles, but no doubt a lot of them would be loyal because they have designs on marriage which would secure them more rank and title. Once Solaric takes away that glimmer of hope, they will similarly withdraw the fullness of their support. It is simple business, and they hope for fruitful unions, so they have to play nicely. Once that is off the table, it will be up to her new husband to provide for the shortfall in gold and resources, for the loss of men with steel... to provide his own soldiers and levies to ward off the foes of Karcau”

”Solaric feels he has the love and loyalty of the people, but is blind to the fact that the head of the Watch no less was brought into conspiracy to have the watch infiltrated by Ulfen mercenaries, to rig the contest, and to have Solaric hindered or killed, and all for less than I would guess you have probably blown on gambling stakes and loose women on the odd occasion”

”Likewise, her family might see the flight of supporters and a city under siege with strange weddings as a loss of control by the Countess, and they might consider relieving her, either through appointment of a Regent, or simply forcing her to abdicate and leave. She is of the line of the Ustalavs, and they think nothing of killing their own to maintain discipline... it matters not if she is ‘popular’, the Lions rarely consider the point of view of the Sheep. They simply rule. They already have a blood relation with rightful claim, freshly awoken and drinking blood... an attractive proposition to a ruthless family. Replace the weak one with the strong one.”

”I make no bones about it, their actions have left in tatters everything I have been working for. All that was left was for her to sign one petition, ONE. I have been working and toiling to secure better land and title for my family, and there it was, a done deal... just one signature and all was secure, my duty to family done. Now if she signs that form then it will be with the taint and smell of favouritism and corruption, a whim or a fancy extended to friends and allies rather than an astute and sensible carriage of office. If there is a schism and she gets replaced, my family would be first on the list of ‘things to overturn’, rather than be seen as loyal to the nobility as a whole, they’d be seen as her ‘loyal supporters’ rather than just dutiful subjects. I need her stable and in command, business as usual, or dead as a doornail so I can negotiate a deal with her successor – that might have its own difficulties, but I have resources enough to deal with those. My loyalty is first to my family, and right now their interests are being placed at risk.”

”Instability is bad for business, and appointing a new ruler of Karcau is about as bad as it gets.”

”We have also forgotten that there’s a spectre from Solarics past who might seek to intervene very quickly before this all gets much further. Solaric seeks to right a wrong, perhaps those wrongdoers don’t wish that to happen”

”Personally, I’m going to simply sit and watch. Put down the sword, take the cannoli. We can relax for now and see what the meeting holds"


As the golden plate of Sarenrae slowly begins to sink, the crowd also leaves the tournament place. Chants with Solaric's name in them carry far, but while the citizens of Karcau have one of their best days in recent months, you know how much to worry about is lurking in the shades...

About an hour after Victoria spokte with Sasandra, the countess of Karcau and Solaric stand in the garden of Swansong House and watch the dark waters of Lake Prophyria

Whom shall I invite to this meeting? I'm not sure who is still trustworthy...


"Sassandra, I enjoy having this time alone with you. Our lives seem so busy and they are only going to get busier as the evil darkness approaches. We must take strength in each other at moments like this, for the evil may work to separate us because they know that united as one, we will be a very powerful force for good!"

Sassandra Livgrace wrote:
Whom shall I invite to this meeting? I'm not sure who is still trustworthy...

"Well, certainly Tanor Veredan, Gregori Dumitru and Karcau's Chosen. Those are your most trusted allies. However, I suspect that we could trust St. Just as well. However, I simply do not know him well enough. Who else do you know that is of questionable standing? Did the Countess Victoria support you when you spoke of the plague? She knows a great deal and can be a great ally in our cause. Tell me, dear, have you been able to do anything for her request for land and to be set up as a ruling countess?"


It seems like Victoria knows more people in Karcau than even I do...maybe we should consult her and show her a list of allies we would deem trustworthy:
Tanor Veredan
Gregori Dumitru
St Just?
Stephen Livgrace
Karcau's Chosen
Gorian Damasco?

Sasandra scribbles the names on a note and hesitates

Anyone else, what do you think?


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn's young mind couldnt follow the depths of politics amongst Karcau's nobility but he didnt doubt her assessment one bit.

At the question of the presence of other allies in their fine city Cairn spoke up.

The Sczarni owe the Chosen a debt of blood. Im would think Salvatore will stand behind Solaric...albeit maybe from the shadows but there none the less. I will contact him.


"Oh yes, Gorian Damasco would be a great ally. There were also a number of knights that I faced in competition that I believe would give their life to our cause!"


Do you remeber their names, my love?


"Well, there was Boris Galesha who came forth and gave me the silver sword! Then there was Gordu Alasar. He was a bear of a man who said I was small but that I would be a good count. Then there was Olander Valsho, a tall but rather lean man from Lokran who said that he has no doubt that I will be a good and strong ruler for our land. However, to be honest, there were people I've met even before the tournament began."

"In my travels, I remember meeting an innkeeper, who told us about a shortcut to return to Karcau, who said that if I should you ever meet Countess Livgrace, please tell her that Aren Soviar is her greatest admirer. Although he is probably not a strong warrior, I have no doubt that he would be loyal ally, my dear."

"I also met Volkmar, a sworn knight of Sinaria and his three sons. What were their names?" Solaric asks himself. After a moment he remembers, "I think they were Aelrec, Thorstan and Hagen and he had some nephews as well (Magnus, Theodar and Vasili). In fact Volkmar told me that they were riding north to your aid. I am surprised I have not seen them here in the city.

"Then there was the brave temple guard, Gardon, and his friend who went north to help the militia. They were only two out of twenty priests and men at arms to return to Karcau, but I assure you, they are as loyal as you can get, my dearest."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Cairn Stern wrote:
The Sczarni owe the Chosen a debt of blood. Im would think Salvatore will stand behind Solaric...albeit maybe from the shadows but there none the less. I will contact him.

"Indeed there is a debt, however I hope we have moved this to the point of having a mutual relationship. I am also certain Salvatore will back Solaric, I just hope the relationship can remain positive if Solaric is in power, his views are very often slanted by his clerical beliefs, the Iomedites can be a little bit narrow in their view towards certain elements however Solaric has shown he is open to discourse and to try and take a big picture approach - I'm hoping his present fixation may soon pass, as he is not presently listening to talk of temperance and caution, instead believing he is on a grand mission from the Heavens, I've read a few books like that, and they rarely had happy endings."

"In the meantime, perhaps we just listen. Salvatore might have his own feelings. Others will no doubt have theirs. Besides, there's a Vampire floating around who might have her own designs"


Good...that sounds wonderful... Sasandra hesitates a moment and then smiles Not even the count, but you already know a lot of your future inferiors.

Well, pleasde speak to Victoria now, ask her if she knows anyone else, then return to me or Dumitru and give me the complete list, we have to be fast.


"Sassandra, my dear, these are perhaps the most trusted, but you should know that your people love you! Many many people would gladly give their lives for you. However, at this time, I simply do not know all of your people. I will talk with Victoria when I see her again. I am sure that she will have more that we can add to our list. Sassandra, once we have this list, what do you plan on doing with it?"

A moment later, Solaric turns to Sassandra with compassion in his eyes, "Tell me, how are you feeling, my dear? Are you feeling ill at the moment? May I see your wound?"

Solaric inspects the cut on her neck and tries to determine if she is indeed infected with the plague.

Healing Check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Does Solaric know of any way to heal and/or at least slow the infection?


Solaric only knows the ways of clerical magic.

Sasandra manages a weak smile

I...I already feel better, don't worry my love.

Sense Motive DC 28:

You can't believe her, she is surely trying to keep up a masquerade but feels worse than she commits.[/b]

As you check the mark on her neck you notice tiny greenish ramifications that spread outwards from it.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"I am pleased to hear that you are feeling better, but I do not like these green marks on your neck. Tomorrow morning I wish to cast a few divine spells upon you to ensure that you are healed completely! In the meantime, I need you to relax and put your mind at ease. I know you are a fine actress, when you need to be, but I need to make sure that you are taking care of yourself! Have you taken any time to listen to music lately? Perhaps you would enjoy some literature to inspire you."


Oh, you're so kind. Maybe you send Flofer to me while you speak with Victoria? I'm sure these marks will vanish soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sassandra wrote:
"Oh, you're so kind. Maybe you send Flofer to me while you speak with Victoria?"

"Very well, my dear. I will send the young bard up to entertain you, but I urge you to ask him to play the more of his traditional repertoire. His modern stuff is . . . well . . . . how shall I put it? . . . unforgiving! "

Solaric stays and visits with Sassandra for a little while until he finally brings up the discussion of marriage.

"Tell me, dear Sassandra when will we be married? I am content to wait as long as you wish, but I only bring it up because there is much that needs to be done. I plan to take Karcau's Chosen up to Belfurth to deal with the evil that drives the humanoids down from the north. I also plan on leading a group down under the academy square where I will see to the destruction of Lucretia and her band of undead. I must also find a cure for the plague and see to the healing of the people of Karcau, and finally, I must lead an expedition to the Kronstein Ridge to find the next shard of the Amethyst Heptagon. I will have some help, but I must kindly ask for your patience and understanding as I take on these tasks. It will not be easy for us, but I know that together, we will do all that we can it making this land a better place for all of your people."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

No one really pays attention to a finely appointed lady buying incense, candles, and some basic show jewellery, but the nicely bred goat raises the odd eyebrow.

Biding good day to Cairn, Victoria returns to the Academy and her chambers.

Not long after, she is putting down the final touches on the last Abyssal rune adorning the circle of power she has painted upon the floor. She admires her handiwork and thinks on some of the finer details. Naga hisses gently in a corner, a certain rhythmic and threatening serpentine sound.

The goat appears none the wiser as it occasionally pulls on its tether.
Satisfied things are as they should be, Victoria’s whole demeanour and body language changes, dark words begin falling from her mouth, words in a language that was formed in wrath and hatred, the dark sounds of the Abyssal tongue.

”Mother, we stand now at the edge. Everything now falls in line or falls apart. The Paladin has been overcome by his lusts thinking it is love and races towards power thinking it is just religious zeal, things now hang on a precipice as he manically builds his tower of faith on a foundation of sand, I wonder that things have gone too soon and too quickly and this opportunity will be seized upon by the wolves, seen and unseen, that beset any such union. Send forth the power of the Pit to look into the hearts of those who would seek to spoil the union, find what lusts burn in their hearts...”

”Mother, once their decision to wed is made known, which agencies will seek to oppose Lord Solaric and seek to prevent him becoming Count ?”

TLDR – Vic cast Divination, the Goat and the small gifts are the Component. Vic wants to know who is going to oppose us when Lord Humperdink announces he is marrying Princess Buttercup – especially interested if it happens to be her family that are in opposition


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

With everyone suddenly attending to their own ends; Cairn slipped off to make his way to the Shark Pool and see what his uncles thought of the situation.


Need your divination roll Vicky - since you know when it fails, you can roll it yourself...at least I'm not guilty then :)

Sasandra nods

Yes I know, for both of us is there is so much to do...basically we have two options, do it in a hurry, like the day after tomorrow, or we just spread the word of our engagement - which would be enough to give you most of the rights the Count of Sinaria has, and wait until these times of despair have passed, to have a triumphant ceremony.

--------

At the Shark Pool a dour-looking Gorian Damasco sat at one of the tables close to the door. He stares out of a grimy window, but you are sure that his thoughts are somewhere else...


Sassandra wrote:
"Yes I know, for both of us is there is so much to do...basically we have two options, do it in a hurry, like the day after tomorrow, or we just spread the word of our engagement - which would be enough to give you most of the rights the Count of Sinaria has, and wait until these times of despair have passed, to have a triumphant ceremony."

"Sassandra, my dear, do you have a preference? Considering we are in Karcau and the unexpected seems to happen at every turn, I am leaning toward having the ceremony early. However, if you prefer to wait, I completely understand. Either way, there will be a triumphant celebration when the times of despair have passed!"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer comes up from wherever he's been--probably the kitchens...

You asked for me m'lady? Ah, a song! Yes of course, let's see...

Flofer begins to play.

Perform: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34

a new favorite...


Flofer, what a pleasure to see you...your musical talents are outstanding. Once we don't need the deeds of Narumek anymore, I will secure that you are going to be the head of Karcau's opera, never have I met someone so apt in the musical arts.

Turning to Solaric, Sasandra sighs once again

Please my love, decide for us...I don't feel like making decisions today. My head storms with questions and I...I feel so tired...

Sasandra seems hardly able to stay awake and looks extremely tired.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric being in the academy raises his head from a book and moves to the place where the karcaus chosen have been gathered.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Now I don't normally mean to question the GM, but I took the description to mean that the GM should roll, because there is a clause in there for false positives... which suggests that if I roll, fail, and still get a 'meaningful answer' then its a bit Meta to ignore it :P I was unsure if the Evil guys had some kind of Criss Angel Mindfreak Divine Intervention abilities. Happy either way though...


Sassandra wrote:
"Please my love, decide for us...I don't feel like making decisions today. My head storms with questions and I...I feel so tired..."

"Then that is it decided! We shall get married while he have the opportunity. I will talk to Tanor Veredan tonight and we shall schedule the ceremony for the day after tomorrow. Flofer, we will need you to help provide the music. There are other arrangements to be made, but you will not need to worry yourself, my dear. I want you to rest a while and keep your strength. If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know. I am sure the Flofer would also be willing to help in any way. I will depart at once and leave you in his most capable hands. May the light shine down upon you, Sassandra. I bid you good evening and I will look in on you tomorrow morning." Turning to the young man, Solaric adds, Flofer, please be kind enough to see to anything the Countess' wishes and then kindly return once she dismisses you. I will see you back at the temple."[/b]

Solaric takes Sassandra's hand and gives it a kiss and then departs.

------------

Next he proceeds back to the temple where he speaks to Tanor Veredan.

"Commander Veredan, I have returned and if you have a moment, I wish to speak to you. I have won the tournament and I am to be wed to the Coutness Sassandra Livgrace. Due to the tasks that need to be done, we thought that we should promptly move forward with the ceremony. We would like to have the ceremony that day after tomorrow and were wondering if you could perform the ceremony?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Out for the night to a regimental dinner, wont be back online for about 14 hours, so posting this NOW just in case - if yuo still reckon its my roll then - 1d100 ⇒ 70 Vs 87 - that way I can progress/plot/scheme! :P


Tanor looks at you earnestly and nods

Time is pressing, I see...there are some problems with your plan, we won't be able to invite all members of the aristocracy who should be there at such an important ceremony - you have to invite Prince Aduard...even if he isn't interested in the fate of Ustalav you can't ignore him...so I would recommend to make this a secret wedding - you will be Count of Sinaria by all means, but no one has to know it now...Should something happen to Sasandra the land wasn't without a ruler, so this is a very good idea, we just can't do it in public...politics you know...

----------

Vicky:

Black smoke rises and a nasty stench of sulfur suddenly fills the room - at first a small horned face appears grimacing and yelling at you, but quickly the imp is pushed aside by an alluring woman with raven-black hair, tiny horns, bat-like wings, and a sinuous tail. She smiles and you instantly know that men would die or kill for being smiled at them like that. A voice that reminds you of fluid honey echoes through the extraplanar ortal

Daughter, what a pleasant surprise to see you...it has been a pleasure to observe your way to influence and power, but you're right to fear about the future. A powerful entity, even more powerful than I or...even my lord...has come to hate you and your friends. While that honours your doings, it can be extremely dangerous. The one we speak about is a part of something that is as old as all sentient races...but you're lucky, he has other things than your small group to worry about. Nevertheless has he sent one of his minions...someone who has returned from the realm of the dead after you had sent him there. Someone you know, search for him at the places he has already frequented when he was still among the living.

With another puff of smoke the vision disappears and the goat falls to one side, it looks like it was leeched of all its vitae.


Tanor Veredan wrote:
"Time is pressing, I see...there are some problems with your plan, we won't be able to invite all members of the aristocracy who should be there at such an important ceremony - you have to invite Prince Aduard...even if he isn't interested in the fate of Ustalav you can't ignore him...so I would recommend to make this a secret wedding - you will be Count of Sinaria by all means, but no one has to know it now...Should something happen to Sasandra the land wasn't without a ruler, so this is a very good idea, we just can't do it in public...politics you know..."

"Then let us proceed with the wedding in secret with several trusted witnesses in attendance. We have been compiling a list already. In the meanwhile, we will plan a grand wedding for all to attend for the month to follow. Does this sound reasonable?"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:


At the Shark Pool a dour-looking Gorian Damasco sat at one of the tables close to the door. He stares out of a grimy window, but you are sure that his thoughts are somewhere else...

Cairn could tell the mood was somber and grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses before joining Gorian at the table. He took a seat and poured out equal portions...heavy thoughts and words should always be tempered with wine... and will wait for his uncle to take the first drink and speak the first words before replying in kind.


Tanor smiles

A list with trusted witnesses? And am I also on this list?+

-------

After about a minute or two that seem endless, Gorian takes the glass and says

Something's wrong, I can feel it...


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn runs his hand through his thick hair and sighs. He cant remember the last time he had a decent nights rest.

Your perceptions are spot on Uncle. I have troubling news. There's evidence to suggest that the plague is now in Karcau and running through the nobility.

The young man quaffed his drink and refilled the glass.

Plus, Lady Victoria believes strongly that Sir Solaric's position and desire to hold the hand of Countess Sassandra will be contested. The Chosen seek support for his claim...I thought that maybe the Sczarni would stand behind him?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

The thoughts run through her mind "Nevertheless has he sent one of his minions...someone who has returned from the realm of the dead after you had sent him there. Someone you know, search for him at the places he has already frequented when he was still among the living." Victoria dwells on the possibilities.

"The Rag Man? Then it would be the sewers and the Opera. Or is it Jarovicha? In which case hes back in those lands again, at the Keep perhaps...? Surely not the undead we deposed in the Dragons dungeon, the mighty drake would have said so... the sewers and the Opera are close enough. Aramais is a bit quick to be making a return, but suppose I can't discount that, nor the good Captain we killed and dumped in the streets to protect Dear Pitr." For a moment the list of people that have been killed or outright executed by the party seems a little imposing "No, not the Captain, he was just a man set on petty revenge and got what was coming. Likewise, Aramais was a pig and a fool, but not the agent of a greater power, what serious power would forward somone so stupid as its champion?"


Tanor Veredan wrote:
"A list with trusted witnesses? And am I also on this list?"

"Naturally!" Solaric smiles. "I was hoping you could still perform the ceremony! In fact, I was thinking of including all of the leaders in our city, such as Gregori Dumitru, yourself, St. Just, and all of Karcau's Chosen. It would be an intimate gathering of friends, but it would serve for political as well as spiritual purposes!"


Well, Solaric, I would be hooured to be your guest and guide you through the ceremony. Just tell me when I have to be where and I will arrange everything.

---------

Gorian snorts, takes another look at the glass of wine and puts it away

You know I stopped drinking...the plague is a serious illness...especially when a city comes under siege. It will weaken moral and arms...So, we have to stop it before it has time to spread - who's already infected? And don't expect the Sczarni to help now, there are other problems at hand...but you don't have to worry about them now.


Tanor Veredan wrote:
"Well, Solaric, I would be hooured to be your guest and guide you through the ceremony. Just tell me when I have to be where and I will arrange everything."

"Well, let us plan to have the ceremony the day after tomorrow and do it right here in the temple. Let's plan on a morning ceremony. I will ask Flofer to perform the music and perhaps the others may be willing to hep with other matters as well. I need to find two gold wedding bands and have them blessed. Do you have any suggestions on where I may find such items?"


You should ask the countess, I bet there are some weddings bands with certain significance for the royal family in the treasury.


Tanor Veredan wrote:
"You should ask the countess, I bet there are some weddings bands with certain significance for the royal family in the treasury."

"That is a splendid idea! Thank you, Commander. I certainly will ask her." Solaric pauses for a moment before he departs and asks his mentor, "Tanor, I have always felt the Inheritor at my side when I had a sword in my hand and the evil fiend was standing in front of me. Do you think the Inheritor will guide me as well through the political realm where I do not always know who to trust and the evil is hidden in shadows and deception and villains wait behind closed doors?"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:


Gorian snorts, takes another look at the glass of wine and puts it away

You know I stopped drinking...the plague is a serious illness...especially when a city comes under siege. It will weaken moral and arms...So, we have to stop it before it has time to spread - who's already infected? And don't expect the Sczarni to help now, there are other problems at hand...but you don't have to worry about them now.

Cairn snorted as he remembered his auntie taking a broom to his very drunk uncle one morning.

Well more for me then. A plague in the city with enemies at the gates has to be one fo the worst horrors yet. The only one I know that has taken sick is the Lady Sassandra.

The Sczarni takes another drink and frowns.

They'll be disappointed to hear that we cant support the couple but I understand the familia staying out of politics.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria knows just where Cairn will be, so heads to the 'Shark to rejoin him.


One of the most essential fears of all politicians, Solaric...the first thing you need is a staff of trusted advisors, people you know they would give their life for you...don't start to win their hearts by gold, you have to win their hearts by a bond of loyalty. I would be honoured to be among those who aid you in dark times.

------------

It's not that Andreanu wants to stay out of politics...the Sczarnis have their own political troubles at the moment...but you can tell Solaric, that I will be by his side should he need the help of an old inquisitor.

Gorian nods to the door and grins The real countess has arrived, heh.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn couldnt help but wonder and worry about what politics the Sczarni had going on that would keep his Uncle tight lipped but he had been raised to not ask too many questions of his elders. He smiled at the sight of Vicky and chuckled at Gorian's comment about her.

That she has Uncle, that she has. This one is a viper and a boon to the assets of the Familia.


"Thank you, my good friend! That brings a great comfort to me, knowing that you will be there in our need. Then I will head off and take care of plans. I will see you shortly. Fare well!"

Solaric leaves the temple and returns to the Shark Pool to find Victoria, Cairn, and the rest of Karcau's Chosen.

Entering into the tavern, Solaric approaches Cairn and Victoria and greets them. "Well met, my friends. It's good to see you all. We have much to do to prepare for a very special day coming up the day after tomorrow. It will be a very quiet affair, but I want you to know that you are all invited!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric bows and says towards all.

I trust you had a successful time. It is a pleasure to meet you after such a long time. As I did some research at the academy, do you mind to provide me an update?


"Well Johenric, I do not know if you heard, but I was declared victor of the tournament, and I am now to wed The Countess Sassandra Livgrace. We are to be married and I will be the new Count of Sinaria. Together, the Countess and I are to aid in the defense of this glorious city. With all of your help, we will move onward to deal with the black horde to the north, the vampire who resides under this city and then to find the remaining shards of the amethyst heptagon. By any chance do you know where we might find one the shards in the Kronstein Ridge?"

"Another recent development that we have come upon is that we must find a cure for the plague. There is a possibility that the Countess Livgrace has become infected and we need to find a cure as soon as possible. Is this anything you could help us with, Johenric?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

With a token gift of small regional delicacies for Gorian, Victoria settles in and makes herself at home again.

"Pleasurable business being talked about I assume?" other than the passing comment required by social graces, she does no digging whatsoever nor awaiting a response she knows wont be coming..."Dear Gorian, once again dark things conspire to haunt this fair city, I wonder if they are once again plaguing the sewers and the Opera, favourite haunts of the Rag Man, I would ask that you keep this in mind, and if your people encounter any...troubles...then you know what could be the casue and that we will seek to remedy this. I am not sure how it toes in with the Countess and Solaric, or whether it does, but people keep admiring the stars whilst in the dark places true Evil keeps going unchecked"

"All this chaos is bad for business for me, but then it's possibly good for business at your end... however if we end up with a Paladin running Karcau it might become 'interesting times' for the lot of us" Victoria jests.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Congratulations Solaric! I am glad to hear that for what you have aimed for became true. I trust you are the right person at the side of the countess - private and businesswise.

As far as the shards are concerned: I suspect we will find a shard at the kronstein ridge. But I could not manage to find any 100% evidence, there is still some kind of fuzziness in regards to this riddle...

Johenric does a meaningful break.

But: I think I have solved the second riddle by standing in front of the map of Ustalav, hanging at the wall in the library - the one or the other might have seen it...anyway: I suspect the second shard to be in the Ascanor Lodge in Lozeri.


While Johenric explains the assumed location of one of the shards, Gorian gets up from his chair and walks over to an old woman and her grandchild who were waiting for him at the bar.

They change some words and Gorian looks over to Victoria, nodding, then patting the boy on the shoulder.

When he returns to the table thoughs seem to storm in him

The boy said he saw the man again who took his brother...


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

When Gorian starts to talk, Johenric starts to stutter.

...and therefore....

And everybody recognizes that his mind got somehow heavily interrupted...


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn's heart lurched at the news. He'd just walked right past that lady and child when he retrieved another bottle and more glasses for their visitors. He'd just ignored them...

Where?! Where did the boy see him?

Forgetting himself again Cairn tucked his hair behind his ears and walked over to the woman and child.

Hello there. You are a brave young man to come to tell us about the man you saw. Can you tell us where you saw him?


Johenric wrote:
"But: I think I have solved the second riddle by standing in front of the map of Ustalav, hanging at the wall in the library - the one or the other might have seen it...anyway: I suspect the second shard to be in the Ascanor Lodge in Lozeri."

"Johenric, this is wonderful news, but kindly lower your voice. We do not know what eavesdropping ears would do with such information. We will make our way in that direction as soon as possible. Now, do you have any leads on finding a cure for the plague? If this begins to spread, Karcau could quickly become consumed in evil."


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric has now an even bigger question mark on his head.

Well Solaric, I hear about the plague the first time. If you want me doing some research please let me know where to start.

6,601 to 6,650 of 8,248 << first < prev | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.