Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,501 to 6,550 of 8,260 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>

The man grins friendly, he has a portly belly and does not look like a fighter at all. As you quickly glance over to the tables, you notice that he is last - now you wonder how he could ever reach the semi-finals.

Ah hello, heh. Don't hit too hard, okay? Where I'm from? Karcau - proud citizen of this wonderful city!


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn looked around for Victoria or any of the others at the previous evening's meeting.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

if he's sees anyone then he'll go to meet them if not he'll find a good place to sit where he can easily see the fights.


Boris wrote:
"Ah hello, heh. Don't hit too hard, okay? Where I'm from? Karcau - proud citizen of this wonderful city!"

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Boris. I am delighted to hear that you are one of Karcau's own! Well, I must do you the honor of trying my best in this challenge. Please know that I cannot compromise my attempt. However, if you have had enough, please kindly let me know, and I will gladly stop. Are you ready to begin, my friend?"

Solaric begins his attack, cautiously and careful not to underestimate someone who has gotten this far.

Round 1
Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 2
Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 3
Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Hellknight 4, Bard 2
Solaric wrote:

After his event, Solaric returns to Narumek to see the results of his match.

"How did you fare against the brave Aramis, my friend? I do not see his body, and you look as if you hardly worked up a sweat."

Indeed! The man never appeared, and although I know him to be a knave, I knew him not to be a coward...and I do not like being deprived of my competition.

Where is Taja Blashok, I am eager to begin! Narumek calls.

When (s)he arrives he nods and begins the battle.

Round 1
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

The dragon's flight back to the swamps is much slower - as you reach the city again he asks

You have magic means to slow your fall?

"I'm a witch, light as a feather... I can make my own way down"


The dragon growls approvingly and drops you right above the tournament place - with astonishing parachute skills you manage to land directly next to Cairn!

------------

Taja Blashok is indeed a woman, a short and stocky person - you guess her ancestors are from the Realm of the Mammoth Lords

Now you lose, black knight!

she yells and attacks at once, swinging two short swords in wild arcs

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

------------

Your attacks are just deflected by the breastplate of the obese man

Hah! you tickle my belly!

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

While you quickly realize that he is a pretty weak fighter, the sword he wields is a weapon of considerable power!


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

The Sczarni scion watched in amazement as the dragon flew over and moments later Victoria landed right beside him.

Now that's what I call an entrance M'lady!


Solaric moves about, trying to find a weakness in the obese man's defense.

Round 4

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 5

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 6

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"I see that you bring your own padding with you! This appears rather effective!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Haha! Narumek laughs, easily deflecting the short swords.
You have spirit! If you wish to be treated as a man, then I shall do you the honor!

Round 2
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Round 3
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Defensive: AC29
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Round 4
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Round 5
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Defensive: AC29
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Round 6
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Boris ignores Solaric's little jest

I might be winning in the end!

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Confirm1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Boris attacking Solaric / Longsword1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

----------

Taja screams in anger and pain

You hit me once, you won't manage that again!

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Confirm1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Confirm1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Taja attacking Narumek / Short Sword1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Solaric takes a swing at Boris and for a moment, realizes that he is not at one with the Inheritor.

Round 7

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sudenly, Solaric's countenance becomes very serious as he continues his melee in silence, focussing on feeling the guiding presence of the Inheritor.

Not my will, but thine, Oh great Iomedae, be done in me and through me. Let me be at one with you. Guide me this day, this moment, in all that I say, think, and do. Let it be so!

Round 8

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Round 9

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 10

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 11

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Round 12

Longsword 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Cairn Stern wrote:
Now that's what I call an entrance M'lady!

"I have friends in high places" Victoria states, completely deadpan...before having a slight chuckle.

"Goblins, we went to see the Goblin host. They might hesitate a while after a group of them lost the flesh from their bones from a gout of that Wyrms mighty breath... no doubt they will now be wary of crossing his swamp, and that will keep them coralled into a tighter area. How goes the tourney?"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn smiled at the Victoria's modesty and went on to describe the tourney so far.

The last round was pretty much unbalanced but this one has been back and forth so far. Sir Solaric will have a tough fight against Narumek I fear.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

Taja screams in anger and pain

You hit me once, you won't manage that again!

Taja finds one break in Narumek's defenses.

HP: 59/63

We shall see, woman! Narumek returns with a blow of his sword.

Round 7
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Critical 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Round 8
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Round 9
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Defensive: AC29
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 10
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Both Solaric and Narumek stop taking their opponents lightly - with renewed concentration both are able to finish their opponents during the next seconds - Solaric does even only need one more attack to send Boris to the ground.

Ouch that hurt! the obese man says as he gets up again.

M'lord, I have no worries that you will be a good ruler. Let me give you this sword as a token of my admiration. As you have seen, I'm no man of weapons and I only bought it for this tournament, but I think, in your hands it will serve all of Sinaria!

The weapon is made of silver and possesses a shield-crested hilt. It is obvious of superior quality and surely one of the most powerful swords in Sinaria. Once Boris has explained you all its abilities you fully understand its potential

The Warden:

Defending Silver Longsword +2
As a free action you can cast "Cure moderate wounds (2d8+4)" on yourself once per day.

Taja leaves the ring without saying anything to Narumek, the woman seems embarassed and frustrated.

The final is now set and the judges prepare the ring for a last time.

The stands are now so full that some of the supporting beams already begin to creak...but still, there is only silence, everyone is awaiting the end of the tournament in excited anticipation.


Boris Galesha wrote:
"M'lord, I have no worries that you will be a good ruler. Let me give you this sword as a token of my admiration. As you have seen, I'm no man of weapons and I only bought it for this tournament, but I think, in your hands it will serve all of Sinaria!"

As Solaric stands in awe of the magnificent blade, he slowly picks it up and admires its craftsmanship. "This is a remarkable weapon! I have never seen its equal. It has been crafted by someone clearly under guidance of our blessed Inheritor. It is most certainly one of the most powerful swords in all Sinaria. Boris Galesha, I humbly accept this gift and thank you kindly. I promise to use it in my need and for the need of all of Sinaria! Bless you!"

Solaric raises the sword high and declares for all the people to see, "Behold, the longsword 'Warden', an ancient blade brought out to be used in the defense of the city of Karcau from one of her very own. May this weapon bring us to victory and to the heart of darkness that threatens this land that we may smite it down in our triumph!"

"Good people of Karcau, I ask you to honor Boris Galesha, the keeper of Warden, who has safeguarded this weapon over the years and who has now, in his wisdom, brought it forth in our time of need to strike down the evil that approaches. Boris, may all of Karcau praise you and may the almighty Inheritor bless you for all of the days to come!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I don't mean to jump at shadows, but I expect an unannounced guest to come and wreck the festivities very shortly Cairn, how are you with fighting undead?" Victoria sips her wine then checks her dagger is in place. "Didn't think this whole tournament was going to be left unmolested with a happy ending and no controversy did you?"


The crowd cheers in unison, Solaric and his new weapon...a beacon of hope in dark times. Now only the most diehard fans of Narumek believe Solaric could lose in the soon beginning final.

Ready for the final?


Solaric waves to the cheering crowds and makes his way to the ring for his final event. Once upon the site, he greets Narumek. "Well met, my mysterious friend. At last the time has come for us to challenge each other in open combat. Regardless of the outcome, I have great respect for your strength of arms. I do hope you will consider giving your sword to the cause of defending Karcau from the evil that gathers to take her down."

Moments before the event begins, Solaric takes out the sword pendant give to him long ago by Tanor Veredan and holds it in his hands as he prays. "Blessed Inheritor, you have been there for me in all of the days of my life. When I was young, enslaved in the darklands, you were abiding in me, giving me hope. When I came to the surface, you showed me the light. When I passed through the Rite of The Lighted Sword, you gave me focus and unity of purpose in a community of faith. And when I first gazed upon the Countess, Sassandra Livgrace, you revealed to me true love! Now, I pray to you this day to be with me now as I face the dark knight, Narumek. Guide me with the Warden, the silver blade of Sinaria, that I may fulfill your glory and come to be with Sassandra Livgrace, united as one, that together we may bring your realm to pass in this land. Now, at this time, let your strength ever work in me and through me. I ask this in your name. May it ever be so!"

Solaric uses the pendant to bless himself and his sword. He then stands up and declares, "I am ready!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek stands in the ring, and as Solaric Zekkaran the priest-knight prays, Narumek the Unforgiving prays in his own way, once again conjuring his sinister instrument...

The Song

Perform 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Bardic Performance-Inspire Courage: All who hear get +1 against charm and fear effects, +1 attack and damage for one round.

Let us begin then! Narumek says, saluting the dark elf with his blade.

Round 1

Attack 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Critical1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


A great start by Narumek! Black flags are waved and many people headbang to Narumek's music!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Or some might wish they had an Angel, but luckily you have a Demon instead.

Victoria refills her wine and continues to talk with Cairn.

"Somewhere in the crowd a vengeful spirit watches us, he has been watching all along learning the capabilities, tactics, strengths...and weaknesses of our champions. This tournament has been a gift. He watches and learns, he gains all the information he wants, just the tools he needs to formulate and plan. I know this because he has already revealed himself once, and I suspect he will strike a blow to this tournament before its conclusion, after all, morale is an asset and this tournament stands to deliver great positivity - a commoditiy he can surely not afford us to have in abundance. I'd ambush it, so I suppose it makes sense that he would too..."

"Either way I have this feeling of inevitability that Solaric is about to have his dreams crushed, a major interference now would be a blow to Karcau and forfeit the tourney, it would be a devastating blow to one of Karcaus chosen...it's almost too perfect."


Solaric begins the onslaught.

Round 1

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Round 2

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Round 3

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 4

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 5

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Round 6

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek avoids the first attack, but the second strikes true, staggering him back!

Round 2
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

HP: 41/63

Narumek fights more cautiously from then on... Fighting defensively, AC29

Round 3
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Round 4
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Round 5
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Round 6
Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

...But he just can't seem to hit Solaric.

You are a quick Elf!


"You are not so slow yourself. Is it all of that scary music you listen to?"

Round 7

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 8

"You are a formidable opponent."

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Round 9

"Have you . . . "

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 10

" . . .considered . . . my question . . .

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Round 11

" . . . about fighting . . . for Karcau?"

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 12

"We could certainly use . . . "

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

. . . someone of your . . . talent!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Haha, one must not live in fear!

Round 7
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

HP: 27/63

Round 8
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Ah! Narumek replies, once again receiving a painful blow.
Round 9
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

For the music is power!

Round 10
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I fight for law and order!

Round 11
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

I fight for justice!

Round 12
Attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

I fight for blood and glory! Narumek replies with vigor, though he looks tired.


Narumek' supporters become more and more silent during the fight, it seems like the new magic sword Solaric was given is too much for the black knight...


Solaric feels the holy spirit of Iomedae at one with him, which permits a slight smile as he attacks.

"Let me know when you have had enough, Narumek. You have done well, but I am guided by the Inheritor, and this is all part of a greater plan!"

Round 13

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Round 14

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Round 15

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Round 16

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Round 17

Longsword 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn wasnt sure if Victoria was pulling his leg or really had some knowledge of an impending attack. Either way his hands crept towards the pommels of his weapons and he was glad he chose to wear his leathers today.

Whats this M'lady? I dare say that I hope you're trying to pull a fast one and just get me riled up. Please speak plainly. Is there really a threat?


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek Continues fighting bravely until the bitter end, scoring another hit on Solaric the elf-priest.

Round 13
Attack1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Critical1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

But immediately after he is struck again by the magic blade, Warden, and he falls to one knee.

HP: 16/63

I yield! Enough, Solaric! Well-fought! he pants.

The mysterious stranger in the black armor is finally defeated!


After a painful gashed, the half drow winces but continues fighting until at last the dark knight yields.

Narumek wrote:
"I yield! Enough, Solaric! Well-fought!"

Inheritor be praised!

Solaric helps the dark knight to his feet and says to him, "You have fought bravely, Narumek! Stand and let the people honor you for your valiant effort. You have been a worthy opponent, and I am well pleased that you fight for the cause of justice! Next time we fight, may we both stand upon the same side as brothers in arms!"

Next, Solaric walks to the center and raises his arms in victory and declares to all the people. "The Inheritor deserves all the glory for today, for it is only through her will that I have won this event! Praise to Iomedae and may we all work to bring about her realm in the days to follow!"


Solaric's win is greeted by an outbreak of great joy and relief on the stands - strangers embrace each other and more than one of Karcau's citizens sheds a tear upon the winning of light over darkness. Even Narumek's fans applaude and chant that he should join Solaric as a friend a brother in arms.

Only the countess misses this spontaneous celebration and while the judges and notables of the city enter the ring to utter their congratulations, her box is empty.


Solaric is overwhelmed at the cheering, the applause and the emotion of the moment. In the thrill of the moment, the victor looks around the stands and tries to find his most enthusiastic supporter, Sassandra Livgrace. At the sight of the empty box a look of concern crosses his face.

Where could she be? Where is she in this moment of triumph?

Solaric goes to her box to see if there is a note or any evidence of where she may be.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

In the moment, the half drow cannot focus well and instead tries to find somebody who can help him. He tries to find Gregori Dumitru, Tanor Veredan, or any of Karcau's Chosen.

He asks, "Where is the Countess Sassandra Livgrace? Her box is empty and it is not like her to miss this final event!"


You run into Gregori Dumitru who embraces you before you are able to ask any questions

You did it! You'll be the new count of Sinaria!

Sasandra? I...uh...she's not in her box? That's strange, I swear I saw her at the beginning of your fight against Narumek.


Dumitru wrote:
"You did it! You'll be the new count of Sinaria!"

"The world certainly works in mysterious ways! However, I would feel much better at the moment if I just had the Countess in my arms. I am simply concerned for her safety."

Dumitru wrote:
"Sasandra? I...uh...she's not in her box? That's strange, I swear I saw her at the beginning of your fight against Narumek."

"Did she have any guards with her? Where could she have gone? I haven't seen Aramis around. Do you think he is trying something treacherous at the last minute?"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek seeks out the healers.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I do suspect treachery and foul play, though attack comes in many forms. The attack will come as a sign of strength, probably not as swords drawn in the street but rather a well placed assassination or the like... ahhh charming, Solaric has won. That's a good outcome"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

After being healed, Narumek returns to pay his respects to Solaric as champion of the tournament.

You fight well, Solaric! May I one day be equal to your skill--Alas, I can no long continue with this sport... Narumek says, removing his helmet for the first time.

From under the horned helmet and black armor emerges the goofy grinning face of none other than Flofer Nighthawk!


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Hey Solaric, nice fight!


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn cheered loudly at Sir Solaric's triumph but sobered quickly as Lady Victoria voiced her suspicions. Trying to take it all in the young Sczarni's scanned the area and noticed the Countess's absence.

Where is Sasandra? She should be here at this joyous moment. M'lady, I think perhaps you're correct and treachery is already afoot. Let's join up with others with no delay.

Cairn took Victoria's hand and pushed their way through the crowd until they got to where the new Count was.

Sir Solaric! Congratulations on a well earned victory! But where is your lady?


Narumek the Unforgiving turning into Flofer Nighthawk wrote:
"You fight well, Solaric! May I one day be equal to your skill--Alas, I can no long continue with this sport... Hey Solaric, nice fight!"

"Nice fight?!!! Flofer lad, what are you doing dressed up like Narumek?!! You are suppose to support me?!"

Solaric stares flabbergasted as realization slowly dawns on him.

"Blessed Inheritor, guide me to see true through this deception!"

"Show me your wounds!" Solaric commands. Upon the sight of the sword wounds inflicted upon his squire, the half drow responds incredulously, "Are you telling me that you are Narumek the Unforgiving? How could this be?! Narumek is bold and strong, a master craftsman, a bard ahead of his time, and one of the greatest knights I have ever fought. My only understanding of you is that you are a terrible squire, who has no appreciation for responsibility, can barely wake up on time in the morning, who places his foot in his mouth more often than I thought possible, and not the least to mention, did not give any indication that he knew which end of a longsword to hold!"

"Who are you really, Flofer Nighthawk? What do I even call you? Are you really the one known as the dark knight, Narumek, the unforgiving? or are you Flofer Nighthawk, the incompetent? I simply don't understand. Why did you create this deception?"

Cairn wrote:
"Sir Solaric! Congratulations on a well earned victory! But where is your lady?"

"I do not know, Mr. Stern. I fear some evil treachery is afoot! We must do something quickly. Above all, she must not be harmed. Will you aid me in finding her?! Victoria, what are we to do?!"

Turning to the man dressed in the black armor, he asks, "Flofer, will you join me at my side in finding Sassandra Livgrace, the Countess of Sinaria?!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria just smiles at the big reveal, taking a bit of humour in Solarics bewilderment.

"So we have a missing Countess, that's a bit of a problem. Abduction perhaps, interesting that - who is next in line to act on her behalf?"

Know:Nobility 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12
Solaric wrote:

"Are you telling me that you are Narumek the Unforgiving? How could this be?! Narumek is bold and strong, a master craftsman, a bard ahead of his time, and one of the greatest knights I have ever fought. My only understanding of you is that you are a terrible squire, who has no appreciation for responsibility, can barely wake up on time in the morning, who places his foot in his mouth more often than I thought possible, and not the least to mention, did not give any indication that he knew which end of a longsword to hold!"

"Who are you really, Flofer Nighthawk? What do I even call you? Are you really the one known as the dark knight, Narumek, the unforgiving? or are you Flofer Nighthawk, the incompetent? I simply don't understand. Why did you create this deception?"

Ow, yeah you really hit hard! Um... I don't really know how this got so big! I really wanted to be in the tournament, but I...well, I thought you would all laugh at me... So I went to a blacksmith and had him do this-- Flofer says, indicating the blackness of his armor and the added spikes. Looks pretty cool eh?

And when I made my sword, I just kind of got lucky I guess! I mostly just copied what you did! But I was really tired because I worked so late, so I slept in...Sorry for being such a bad squire, but it's hard when you're in the tournament yourself! I never wanted to win, but I figured, if I was in the tournament, I could always help you out in a pinch, and maybe, I dunno, prove myself a little bit...

Oh, Narumek is my middle name, and I learned to fight in Cheliax when I was training to be a Hellknight, and I still remember everything they taught me but...it turned out they didn't want me. I didn't really want them either, I just wanted to play my music! Anyway, they kicked me out...and so did my family, so that's when I went to my uncle's, where I met you guys! As for a bard ahead of my time, Flofer adds with a wink, I can't deny! Haha!

Oh, sure, of course I'll help you find Sassandra! Flofer adds, looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Well...I don't see her...do we have any clues?


Flofer wrote:
"I really wanted to be in the tournament, but I...well, I thought you would all laugh at me... So I went to a blacksmith and had him do this-- "

"You are certainly more resourceful than I ever imagined, my lad. I am sorry to think I would have laughed, but I confess that I would have considering my first impression of you. You gave no indication that you could have fought that way, and after what your uncle told me, you lived up to that reputation. However you now proven yourself and you no longer need to play these deceptive games. For the rest of my life I will always remember my battle with the dark knight!"

Flofer wrote:
"Oh, Narumek is my middle name, and I learned to fight in Cheliax when I was training to be a Hellknight, and I still remember everything they taught me but...it turned out they didn't want me. I didn't really want them either, I just wanted to play my music!"

"Flofer Narumek Nighthawk. The name somehow fits you! You are definitely a mystery to me, but I hope we will have time in our adventures to come to know you better. However, at the moment, we must go and find what happened to the dear Countess Livgrace. Come, stand beside me and I will heal those wounds."

Solaric draws forth the bright healing energy of Iomedae and channels her healing divine energy all around him.

Channel Energy 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Channel Energy 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

"My, those wounds are still looking bad. Forgive me for hitting you so hard! Clearly you knew that I needed to win this tournament. Here let me lay hands upon the wounds."

Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 5
Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 1
Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 6
Lay on Hands 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Very well. That should do for now, but let us proceed in all haste!"

Turning to Victoria, Solaric asks, "Your Grace, where do you propose we go first? I did not see any clues in her box seating, but perhaps somebody else could look as well."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"She wouldn't have walked off unless she was compelled to, one way or another. I suspect that we will be given the answer to 'by whom or by what, and to what end' very shortly. If this is a conspiracy then the conspirator will make themselves plain to us... ransom? bragging rights? the motives will become clear shortly"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn nodded at Victoria's assessment...us Sczarni are well versed in ransom projects...

Im with you Sir Solaric. Ill check her seating area for clues.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Alarmed and extremely nervous you begin your search...which ends after about five minutes - it is Cairn who stops dead in his tracks as he sees Sasandra wandering through the herb garden next to the torunament square...she seems alright, just lost in thought.


"Thank the Inheritor that you found her, Cairn. I cannot thank you enough!"

Solaric runs up to the Countess and takes her in his arms and declares, "I have done it, Sassandra, my dear. I have won the tournament. At last we can be with each other from this day forward! Did you see the final event?!"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn was happy that he'd found the Countess and nothing untoward had happened to her. He looked away in embarrassment as Solaric took her into arms though...none of my business...


Tears begin to fill Sasandra's eyes

I didn't dare...I...I just couldn't stand the idea you lose to Narumek...so tell me, is it true now? Are you going to take the place beside me, can we lead Sinaria into an era of peace and prosperity...and most important of all...what do you feel for me?

6,501 to 6,550 of 8,260 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.