Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,351 to 6,400 of 8,248 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"So there we have it" Victoria asides to Cairn, "appearances can be a little deceptive"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Hey now, I think we all learned something. Good day sir.

Cairn kept watching the tournament area hoping the action would continue.

Aye M'lady, decpetive indeed. What happens next?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"According to the schedule here..." Victoria unrolls a parchment.

Programme wrote:


Fireday:
Horsemastery
One against the Juggernaut
Master of the Forge

Starday:
One vs One

"That was the Juggernaut, so I suppose now they stand around hammering out steel or something, I don't suppose this is a test for knaves and scallywags where they might be forging papers and letters of marque, although that might rather be something! Not that I know any such fellows engaged in such scandalous practices"


The senior judge does not seem very concerned by Aramis' absence I have to admit that a competition without the Galtian knight also has its blessings...ahem...the next competition is Master of the Forge. You will need a squire or friend to help you in the forge, please get ready as soon as you can, the schedule is - as you know - very demanding now that some things have been changed.


Solaric rushes to find Flofer and calls to him. "Are you ready to help me in the forge? I have a weapon to make and I will need your assistance! Come along, Lad!"

The dark elf, leads the young bard to the closest forge and inspects the tools that he has to work with.

Craft Weapon 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

A sweaty and out of breath Flofer finds Solaric at the forge.
Oh hi Solaric, nice work! I had to hide my things so I could come help, sorry I'm late!

Assist other: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Despite his short-fallings, Flofer proves to be an able and helpful assistant.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25
'Countess' Victoria wrote:

"According to the schedule here..." Victoria unrolls a parchment.

Programme wrote:


Fireday:
Horsemastery
One against the Juggernaut
Master of the Forge

Starday:
One vs One

"That was the Juggernaut, so I suppose now they stand around hammering out steel or something, I don't suppose this is a test for knaves and scallywags where they might be forging papers and letters of marque, although that might rather be something! Not that I know any such fellows engaged in such scandalous practices"

Oh I dont doubt that you do know such fellas M'lady. Wont beating on chunks of steel until its a sword take some time? I wouldnt think such a thing could be finished in an afternoon.


Flofer wrote:
"Oh hi Solaric, nice work! I had to hide my things so I could come help, sorry I'm late!"

"Flofer!" Solaric gives him a stern addressing. "If you are going to be my squire, I will need your full and absolute attention. Now, very shortly I will need to craft a weapon, a blade of the finest workmanship. This task is not easily accomplished alone, and I will need to rely on you for a great deal of assistance. Do you think for this next event you will be able to give me all of your focus?"

Flofer wrote:
Assist other: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

As Flofer begins giving aid to the former drow weaponsmith, the dark elf is delightfully surprised at how helpful the young lad can be (when he puts his mind to it).

"Splendid! Splendid, my lad! Now help me lay out these tongs on the rack so that they are easily accessible, but not in my view of the forge itself. I must be in a position to keep an eye on the fire at all times. When you are finished with that, please procure for me several buckets of water and also check to see that I have a spare set of bellows. We will not be able to afford any mistakes once the event begins. In the meantime, I need to check on my hammers and the anvil."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Cairn Stern wrote:


Oh I dont doubt that you do know such fellas M'lady. Wont beating on chunks of steel until its a sword take some time? I wouldnt think such a thing could be finished in an afternoon.

"That would likely be correct in normal circumstances, however this might be mainly for show and just to get a feel for the manual labour skills of the challengers, we have no doubt heard flowery words, tests of skill at arms, strength and the like." she ponders it a moment "Suppose we are at a loose end then for a while, which is nice as we've been rather busy uncovering all the lies and cheating, from cursed magic items being given to competitors, corruption amongst the City Watch and fight fixing, through to dealing with obstinate competitors... a busy few days"

"Our next problem is our one to be defanged, but that will no doubt have to wait. Perhaps other matters will arise requiring our attention, but my petitions to the Court are all in, my dimplomatic duties all carried out, and my problems have been solved. How quaint"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

You need what? Ah...okay, water and a bellows? You already have one...Okay I suppose.

Flofer goes off to find water and a second bellows.

Knowledge, Local:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

"The Mastery of Forge has started..."

Johenric says:

Ah now the men at arms do create and do not compete in regards to destroying....I will emphasize this in the document....


Breathing hard, Flofer reaches the smithy just in time to hear the judge explaining the next competition

...task now is, to create either a weapon or a shield. You may choose which kind of product you like to craft, but you have to be quick and it has to endure a simple breaking test. If it does not break style and design will be judged by us and afterwards we will nominate the winner.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Do all the competitors work at the same time? Are there so many forges? If not ok, but Narumek will have no aid. However, he does know the spell Unseen Servant. If we need to work at the same time, Narumek will leave a note:

Greetings judges,
I must away, I shall return nigh to complete the smithing competition.

--Narumek


Narumek:

No, there are several forges and the competition is done in three shifts, so Narumek can compete after Solaric for example.


After he is satisfied with the condition of the tools and the forge itself, Solaric will return to the judges and declare, "I am ready to take on the task of crafting a weapon of excellence! The workshop appears adequate to do the job, however, my only concern is with regards to the time needed to do the job right. How much time do we actually have to work, craft, and hammer at our creations?"


The senior judge looks at the list of participants again and then crosses out one name before he answers

You have 6 hours, so roughly until midnight, then the second shift of participants will start their work. We have prepared six forges, so that we will be able to finish the competition in about three shifts until next morning.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Oh good gods no" Victoria packs up her belongings, "There has to be something more entertaining than...this...surely?" with that she moves off in search of any courtier business.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

"until midnight the first wave of participants work on the forges, in summary 6 hours..."

I think I should get an impression of the work the participants do....

Johenric moves to the forges to observe the work of the participants.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

No wanting to miss out on anything and definitely not wanting to sit around for such a long time bored out his wits...Auntie Sophia always says that I get into trouble when I get bored...something about idle hands are Ba'alzemon's fiendish imps or some such... the young Sczarni followed after the Countess.


Solaric gets to work in his forge and begins melting the iron and begins the work for crafting a magnificent longsword.

Blessed Inheritor, guide me in this task to create the finest weapon that you would have me make. Let it be in the image of your own holy longsword!"

Zyren, what rolls are you looking for, a single craft weapon skill check? May I take a 20?


Yes, a single craft weapon is enough, but you can't take 20 since the circumstances don't allow such a slow procedure - especially not under the constant pressure :)

Vicky and Cairn - any special location you would like to visit?


After saying his prayers and casting guidance from the mighty Inheritor, Solaric falls right into some old patterns as he remembers much of what he learned back in the forges of the darklands where he use to work as a child.

Solaric uses the heat of the forge to heat and bring a combination of iron and other metals to a malleable state. He then hammers and shapes the blade using the hammer and anvil. He then works at tapering the edges and fullering a double ridge down the length of the blade to give the blade greater structural strength relative to its mass.

After the workpiece is done being formed, Solaric works to normalize the weapon. The blade is carefully and evenly heated and then cooled slowly.

"Flofer, watch this. The point of normalizing a blade like this is to remove the stresses which may have built up within the body of the blade while it was being forged. During the forging process the blade might be heated and cooled differentially creating stress, some parts might be hammered more than others, some areas hammered enough to work harden. If these stresses are left in the blade they could affect the finishing and when it came time to heat treat the blade, the hardening and tempering might not be as even. Potentially enough stress could be added that the blade would be weak in spots, weak enough that it could fail under enough stress."

Next, Solaric begins with the quenching and tempering of his blade.

"Quenching hardens the metal so it holds an edge longer but this also makes it very brittle. To restore some ductility and durability the sword is tempered. With swords, due to their length, the challenge is greater as in a typical quenching it is possible to bend or warp the blade if it is not introduced to the quenchant smoothly and evenly."

Once his blade has been heat treated, Solaric grinds it with progressively finer abrasives until the desired finish is achieved.

"Now it is time for the weapon to be sharpened. The sharpness of a sword, and ability to keep that edge, is based on the angle of the edge and the width of the body of the sword. How long it can hold the edge is also dependent on the material used. We'll see how well this material works."

At last, Solaric begins polishing the blade, and crafting and assembling the hilt and pommel. After many hours work, he pulls forth one of the finest blades he has ever created.

Craft Weapon 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21 (+1 Guidance)

"Well, my friend. What do you think of this?"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Eh, looks pretty good to me! Flofer says.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:
Vicky and Cairn - any special location you would like to visit?

We are the party 'troubleshooters', and at present there's no trouble, unless we can get a lead on a Vampire, in which case we get to work :p


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric standing in the back nodes and makes some notes.


Flofer Nighthawk wrote:
Eh, looks pretty good to me! Flofer says.

"Pretty good, you say? I am not sure you have the full appreciation for what we have done here. The act of creating a longsword is far more than simply forging a blade. You are giving honor to the Inheritor and renewing your own bond and commitment to her and the fight against evil. It is a holy experience where you feel atonement and your heart feels glad for the experience. Just look at the lines of the sword. They all point to a single point. That is the heart of evil that this weapon will strike upon."

Solaric reflects a moment longer and then declares, "I think I will name this sword Invictor! May it ever guide its weilder to victory!"

With such a thought, Solaric holds forth the sword to the sky, reminiscent of the Rite of the Lighted Sword, and prays, "Blessed Iomedae, almighty Inheritor of all that is just and true, bless this sword that it may serve you in all of the work that it will do in your name. Give it the strength to destroy the hardest of foes. May it ever remain sharp and balanced that it may smite all the creatures who oppose the coming of your realm! I ask this in your name. May it ever be so!"

After Solaric finishes his prayer he takes the longsword and brings it out and presents it to the judges.

"May I present to you, Invictor, the blade of Victory!"


After Solaric has finished his sword and gave it to the judges, the forge is now free to be used by Narumek.

Obviously, the product Solaric presented to the judges was a good one since there is a lot of "oh" and "ah" once they haven taken a closer look at it.

Nah, no vampire lead that leaps out of the bushes.


After Solaric presents his blade to the judges, he asks, "Is there anything else that my presence will be required for this afternoon? If I am not needed I will retire to the House of the Vigilant Flame, clean myself up and prepare for my final event. You may find me there."


The judge nods

Thank you Sir Zekkaran, you are done with this event and to be honest, we have rarely seen such a well-made work of craftmanship on a tourney like this.


"You are very welcome. It is my honor to serve. My only hope is that when this tournament is completed that it may find its way into the hands of an able warrior who will work to serve the Inheritor and help bring peace and justice to our lands. What do you plan to do with the artifacts crafted at this event in the tournament?"


Oh, most are returned to their makers, some of them then donate them to the armoury of the city watch or give them to Pettoria Academy.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12
Solaric wrote:
...They all point to a single point. That is the heart of evil that this weapon will strike upon."

Oh, nice analogy!

Solaric wrote:
Solaric reflects a moment longer and then declares, "I think I will name this sword Invictor! May it ever guide its weilder to victory!"

Invict her!? I hardly knew her!

Solaric wrote:

With such a thought, Solaric holds forth the sword to the sky, reminiscent of the Rite of the Lighted Sword, and prays, "Blessed Iomedae, almighty Inheritor of all that is just and true, bless this sword that it may serve you in all of the work that it will do in your name. Give it the strength to destroy the hardest of foes. May it ever remain sharp and balanced that it may smite all the creatures who oppose the coming of your realm! I ask this in your name. May it ever be so!"

After Solaric finishes his prayer he takes the longsword and brings it out and presents it to the judges.

"May I present to you, Invictor, the blade of Victory!"

While Solaric presents his blade to the judges, Flofer goes off to retrieve his things.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek the Unforgiving arrives alone, dressed in his spiked armor as usual. He approaches the judges.
I will have no assistant. I will begin now.

Narumek works tirelessly through the night. He chooses a mixture of iron and steel, forming them into a long, rectangular billet. He then folds the metal back on itself, over and over again. Cutting a single angular fuller down the length of the long blade, he begins to form the shape of the bastard sword.

After slowly heating and cooling the blade to normalize it, he heats up the edge of the blade to cherry-red and quenches it in oil, which immediately bursts into flame that reflects off the spikes of his armor and helm. He repeats this for the other edge of the blade, bringing the metal to dark amber hue.

He then attaches a handle, wrapping it in black calf's leather and capping it with a heavy steel knob with a spike on the end. He then goes about shaping and sharpening the blade to a deadly tapering point, excellent for both slashing and piercing. He polishes the blade on the grindstone, rubbing it down with an oil cloth afterwards, revealing dark ripples throughout the length.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

To test it, he takes a piece of steel from the scrap around the forge and places it on a chopping block. Grasping the hilt with both hands, he swings the newly-crafted sword down on the metal, cutting it cleanly in two. Wrenching the sword from the nearly-split log, he hefts it onto his shoulder and approaches the judges.

Here is the blade, which I have named Nox.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

"The judges valued Solaric's sword highly. After he has been finished at the forge he returned to the House of the Vigilant Flame.

The Narumek has followed with his blade "Nox" and the judges declared..."


The judges look at Narumek's blade with open awe, another fine weapon crafted by a skilled artisan.

Sir Narumek, I can hardly make out any differences in the quality of your weapon compared to that of Sir Zekkaran. This is going to be a very tough decision. You may rest now and prepare yourself for tomorrow's final event.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Indeed. I am eager to begin the real test of merit on the morrow! Narumek says before he retreats to his quarters.


If I am posting this too soon, I am happy to delay this, but it seems that it is coming up next on our timeline.

That evening, after cleaning up at the House of the Vigilant Flame, Solaric joins Turodan, St. Just, Victoria, Johenric, Flofer, and Mr. Stern for their appointed eight o'clock secret meeting at Swansong House.

At the sight of Sassandra Livgrace, Solaric smiles warmly and steals a quick embrace (if nobody is near). "It is good to see you, Sassandra! How are you faring in all of this?"

After hearing her response, the dark elf adds, "I have gathered Karcau's Chosen and the others at your request. I trust that Veredan, Dumitru, and St. Just are also here. Shall we go in and discuss plans with them?"

Solaric joins the Countess and enters the meeting room with the others. Once everybody has arrived, he speaks up.

"Well met, my friends! It is good to see all of you! Thank you all for coming. I believe you have all met, but in case you have not, perhaps it would be best for us all to introduce ourselves."

Once introductions are finished, Solaric continues, "The tournament is near completion and I believe it has been good for the people of Karcau to have had such noble displays of courage and valor. However, as it comes to a close, there is much that needs to be discussed! I kindly ask you all to please take a seat."

Once everyone is seated, Solaric continues.

"I will share what I know, but please feel free to stop me and and ask question at any time in this discussion. We all need to be aware of the latest developments and understand the implications of all that is happening both within the city and without."

"Within the city we have concerns regarding the payment demands from Lucretia Livgrace. The price she is asking is blood! Consequently, we will need priests and medics here in Karcau to help deal with her demands. I am not clear what this will look like, but I pray that this price does not take a great toll upon our people."

"Outside of the city, our threats are greater still. From what I understand, an ice-goblin warband is rather close to Belfurth. Furthermore, creatures of the cold including snow goblins, ice trolls, frost ogres, and wyverns are being driven south by fear of an evil greater evil that has risen in the far north. Normally I would say that goblins are no match for well-trained knights and are easily scattered, but in their panicked condition, we are concerned that this could cause losses that will hurt us in the long run. One thought is that if we act soon, we may be able to do something about this and protect the people."

"At this time, I wish to open the floor to your thoughts and questions. What preparations do we need to make and what steps need to be taken next?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Solaric wrote:
"Within the city we have concerns regarding the payment demands from Lucretia Livgrace. The price she is asking is blood!

"She can demand any price she chooses, who, exaclty, agreed to any contract to pay? What is it she offers in exchange...why would we trust a vampire?"


Vampire?! My dear inheritor, what have I done?!

"I freed her when she promised to deal with the threat from the north. I detected no evil, and when she told me that she was a Livgrace who was loved by her people, I agreed to accept her help. I admit, the price seemed strange, but when I considered the price that this war would already cost the people of Karcau, I thought that the price would be worth it! Victoria, you once told me that I need to look beyond physical appearances and judge them based on their actions. In the moment, I made the decision to trust her, but this was before I realized she was a vampire. I would certainly not have accepted her offer of help had I known! However, now that she is freed, do you think her promise will help us, or do you think the evil payment is too high a price to pay?!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"That's all there is to it then I suppose. I should meet with this woman though, clever and cunning, just my sort of acquaintance. I suggest she simply used a magical glammer to hide her true nature from you, the devilry is in the detail of the contract; what exactly was she offering to do in exchange for this blood? Set those medics and priests to work in defence of Karkau and have them lend aid to those that hold sword and shield in defence of their homeland, let the population not weep and cower but rise up in defence - lions, not lambs"


I agreed to her plans...but only after she told me that Stephen and some knights also agreed to it.

Sasandra says, her face is pale and she looks exhausted - only when her gaze rests on solaric a bit of life returns to her expression.

Ustalav has a long history when it comes to vampires. Not all of them were bad rulers, actually some were very successful warlords who defended the borders for several centuries before they were killed by too ambitious priests...however, we have to be careful with the one that now sips on our heart-blood. St. Just remarks and fills his goblet with wine.

Veredan seems not to share the warrior's opinion and just shakes his head silently.

It's Gregori who speaks next

What about this Narumek? Maybe he can assist us? A hellknight could offer a range of skills we lack? Especially in the field his experience could be of great help, I think.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I suppose a Vampire ruler has longevity on their side, and they must make for tireless workers, however this one isn't a ruler, she is hiring herself as a mercenary, and a mercenary is hired upon agreed terms... it seems that there has been a hire taken on where the price was agreed to yet no one seems to have had the simple presence of mind to ask about the product! All this stupid knighting about waving swords and thinking it is somehow important must have starved too many minds of oxygen, loosen the chin straps of the helmets quickly before anything else is erroneously agreed to, its bad enough we have to clap and nod prettily at pathetic contests but now you people have over extended yourselves into an arena you have no place within and have set the beloved citizens of Karkau a heavy bloody tax they shouldn't have to bear... I'm FURIOUS!" Victoria throws her wine glass at a wall, her face growing redder and angrier. "Stick to waving swords and playing dress up at court, you have not the cunning nor shrewdness to wield a quill, only a damnable sword, leave negotiation to those with a hard enough heart for it".

"You lot have been hoodwinked and suckered like rank mugs playing a three shell game at a Sczarni bar, cheap glammers and predictable lies..." Victoria just loses momentum, truly too flabergasted to go on.

"Where is she anyhow, before this stupidity goes any further. I will go and talk to the woman and make her see reason"


"Victoria, this is my doing. I will accompany you and help in your negotiations if you wish."


Sasandra pales even more and buries her face in her hands. St. Just smirks and walks over to the shattered glass, then he looks at Victoria

I didn't know you are so fiery m'lady. Some of the things you just threw at us are surely correct from a certain point of view, but you shouldn't forget that these land always need the chivalry of its leaders to act as an alternative draft to the darkness that is this land's nature. So calm down...insults and curses won't win this war.

Dumitru meanwhile shifts nervously on his chair

Victoria is right, we should have just solved the problem ourselves...we even managed to deal with the Rag Man...

this time it is Veredan who interrupts

The Rag Man is not dealt with...at least not ultimately.

instantly all eyes rest on the priest

I still dream of him...no...rather should I say he sends me dreams, dreams in which he mocks us. I feel he is still out there, circling above us like a vulture. He knows that this war will weaken us...maybe enough for him to take revenge.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I am fiery when it is the common people who look up to the nobles who are now paying double for their defence, those people work and toil all their days and pay their weighty taxes and live in meager modesty so that the nobles can remain their guardians and their defenders, it is the Nobles who are the first to owe blood for blood, for the serfs have already paid theirs St Just; if there is blood to be paid then let the first chalise be filled with blue blood, duty is sacrifice"

"The Rag Man still haunts from beyond the grave, I suspect he looks for a new vessel, a new host, like a parasite looking for a dog to feed off... and here we are feeding a parasite of a different kind"

"Get that Hellknight, if nothing else he will be a reliable enough sort of fellow for the work that will be coming our way, now where do we find this bloodfeeder, or do we have to wait in the stalls impatiently and await the outcome of a tourney first?"


"I too have had these mocking dreams, but I know that we will deal with rag man in the end! Even as my life quest, I promise you, the Inheritor willing, I will smite him down!"


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn met the others warmly as his aunt Belizia had taught him...[i]a firm handshake and a steady look ito the eyes of men and a gentle holding of the hand with a kiss to the cheek of the ladies. Otherwise, Cairn sat silently and took it all in with a touch of horror in his heart. Vampires back from the dead and a contract of blood agreed upon and the Rag Man haunting men's dreams. These were things he couldnt effect but he would definitely need to inform Salvatore of them so the Sczarni could plan accordingly.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer never shows up to the secret meeting. When you return to the temple, he is wrapped in his blankets, snoring loudly.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric shakes his head.

Those conversations are unstructured and therefore confusing. We should start with the fact: we know for sure that Lucretia Livgrace demands blood. This is true. But she could use this blood for the darkest of all magic - the blood magic. I agree, that - taking Ustalav into consideration - there is a certain probability that Lucretia Livgrace is a vampire.

A short break while Johenric mind thinks.

The more I think about it the more obvious it becomes. Solaric, you meet Lucretia Livgrace only in her "chamber", right? Vampires have a unique connection with their coffins, preventing any commen wooden box from sustaining them. Such a resting place must hold a personal conncetion for its user, typically being the coffin it was interred within, that of a family member, one that bears the grave dirt of its homeland, or a perfect facsimile of a lost coffin. But I digress from the real subject...

Turing to Sassandra and Solaric.

Regardless of the reason why Lucretia Livgrace demands blood or what the source of her unnatural life is, the question the decision makers have to answer is: are you willing to pay the blood? This you will base on the following questions: Is it worthwhile? Will Lucretia Livgrace keep her side of the bargain? To be honest I do not know...

Then Johenric turns to Victoria.

As Victoria has pointed out, she could talk to her, this is another option. The generation of additional alternatives are always welcome to a decision maker.

Sassandra, but will this change the conditions of this situation you have to take? At least this will feed us with more information and knowledge about the Lucretia Livgrace...the biggest weakness of a vampire lies within its own history...


Johenric wrote:
"Regardless of the reason why Lucretia Livgrace demands blood or what the source of her unnatural life is, the question the decision makers have to answer is: are you willing to pay the blood? This you will base on the following questions: Is it worthwhile? Will Lucretia Livgrace keep her side of the bargain? To be honest I do not know..."

"If she is indeed a vampire, then she is clearly evil and not to be trusted, especially if she is one who is apt to use the blood for some greater evil that we have not begun to imagine. I am liking this situation less and less the more I think about it. I am starting to believe that we would be better off fighting the dark evil gathering to the north by ourselves rather than to hurt ourselves from within by calling upon a vampire to aid us. I see why Victoria has gotten so angry. This situation is simply getting out of control! Forgive me, but I must take a moment to look within!"

Solaric gets out of his seat and walks to the corner where he kneels down in prayer, "Dear Inheritor, forgive me for what I have done, for I only wish to do your will! In a moment of weakness, I failed to see Lucretia for who she really was. Now many people will have to pay the price for my error. Forgive me and give me the chance to set matters right! Let us send Lucretia back to her home whence she belongs. I ask this in your name. May it be so!"

Solaric waits in silence to feel the Inheritor's guiding presence in his time of need! Several moments later he returns to the table.

"Do we know where Lucretia is? Perhaps we should allow Victoria to go and meet with her. She has an understanding with these sorts of creatures. Perhaps she can ascertain what this payment looks like and for what purpose she will use this blood. I am willing to go with her if that helps."

6,351 to 6,400 of 8,248 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.