Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,201 to 6,250 of 8,260 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>

Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek arrives at the tournament grounds on his mighty black warhorse, as ever clad in his spiked armor...


The crowd cheers and applauds, some have brought Zekkaran banners and oversized portraits of you with them.

The senior judge walks over to you and shows you a chart with a sketch of the course

First you have to....and then...turn right and...

quickly you understand how you have to ride.

The following obstacles have to be mastered:
first oxer - ride dc 12
brook - ride dc 10, acrobatics dc 10
hedge - ride dc 13, fort save dc 11
second oxer - ride dc 14
quick turn - ride dc 12
wide brook - ride dc 12, acrobatics dc 12

----

Vicky and Cairn where are you heading?


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric, arriving at the location of the tournament, watches out for a position being somehow offside the crowded places and providing ideally a good overview of the complete scene.


Vermonter

Solaric sits upon his horse and lifts his arm in prayer before he rides.

"Blessed Inheritor, guide me today, this day in this ride for your glory. Let me be at one with you and at one with Dart that we may ride to victory and your glory! I ask this in your name!"

After his prayer, the half drow urges Dart forward into the course towards his first obstacle.

"Here we go, Dart! Up!"

• First Oxer - (need ride dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Nice job, Dart!"

• Brook - (need ride dc 10, acrobatics dc 10 )

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

"There we go! That's the way! Hedge coming up next, easy does it girl! Now!"

• Hedge - (need ride dc 13, fort save dc 11)

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Fort Save 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Brilliant! Onward to the next Oxer!"

• Second Oxer - (need ride dc 14)

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

"Almost, my dear Dart. Don't stop, just keep on going!"

• Quick turn - (need ride dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"Nice job around the turn! One last brook to cross!"

• Wide brook - (need ride dc 12, acrobatics dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Acrobatics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Solaric rides across the finish line, and raises his left hand in acknowledgement of the crowd.

"Well, Dart, my girl, we have given our best and that is all we can do! Nice job, dear!" Solaric says as he pats her neck and slows her down to a walk.


Solaric's ride was indeed a good one, he didn't look very good on the large brook in the end and nearly fell, and he dropped one of the bars on the second oxer - still a good attempt...

Other knights follow and soon it is Narumek's turn. The crowd watches in anticipation, rumour has spread that the Hellknight is a formidable rider.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Instead of focusing the knights doing their play of power, Johenric studies the surroundings and the behavior of the crowd, seeking to identify a pattern.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


As far as you can tell, most of the fans cheer for Solaric, but Narumek also has some followers. The other knights are mostly supported by friends and family members.

----

@ Vicky and Cairn: My above question is still valid :)


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria leads Cairn off and about on a bit of an expedition to repeat similar tales about the wonderful magics available from the Sisters, continuing to talk about it as though being overheard... and then watching for any or Aramais flunkies to go tell him the story. Should that not work, she will try more forward measures.

The last stablehand must have been deaf.


It did look like the stablehand quickly left the stables to tell someone about what he had just heard - at least he gave the horse's reins to one of his companions and sprinted off.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Perhaps our little friend bears our message, now for us to watch carefully to see what happens.

Victoria leads Cairn towards the tents of Aramais.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek brings his mount around and kicks off the race with speed and fury, his horse matching his own vigor.

• First Oxer - (ride dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Onward!

• Brook - (ride dc 10, acrobatics dc 10 )

Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Acrobatics 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (13) - 6 = 7

But apparently the horse was going a little too fast for Narumek in his unwieldy heavy armor...

• Hedge - (ride dc 13, fort save dc 11)

Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Fort Save 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Blast! he curses, charging right through the hedge...

• Second Oxer - (ride dc 14)

Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

...and the following oxer also...

• Quick turn - (ride dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

But he regains control on the last turn and leaps easily over the brook--at least the horse does...

• Wide brook - (ride dc 12, acrobatics dc 12)

Ride 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Acrobatics 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2

DM Zyren:
I have added +2 to some of the ride checks for the military saddle, which helps the rider stay in the saddle. If you would like to change it, you may.


Vermonter

Solaric watches Narumek and cannot help but smile at the sight of him racing straight through the hedge. "Well, that's one way to deal with a hedge!" Patting Dart on the neck, the drow priest comments to his horse. "I don't think we did so bad, my dear! Looking at how the great Narumek handled his ride, I would say this was a rather difficult course. I think we did quite well, all things considering."


Narumek's ride is one the younger watchers will still remember when they're old and sitting in their rocking chairs...During the middle of his wild charge most spectators believe he smashed the obstacles on purpose, but as he falls from his horse and lands face first in the brook some even dare to laugh...

-----

Aramis tent is a place bustling with activity. From afar you can see the pompous knight talking agitatedly to the stablehand you infected...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

When Johenric watches the scene, he turns around and starts talking to a young boy watching the knights duel with bright eyes.

What differentiates the good from the bad monarchs? Those who know how to satisfy the crowd! Bread and Circus! Remember this boy and you will be a good leader!

The mother holding the hand of his son recognizes the speech of Johenric and raises one eyebrow. She was just about starting to speak...as Johenric says overhasty

No harm meant!

Johenric smiles and turns his head away.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Hellknight 4, Bard 2
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

Narumek's ride is one the younger watchers will still remember when they're old and sitting in their rocking chairs...During the middle of his wild charge most spectators believe he smashed the obstacles on purpose, but as he falls from his horse and lands face first in the brook some even dare to laugh...

Narumek stands slowly, water and mud dripping from the spikes of his armor. He points one clawed gauntlet in the direction of the laughter menacingly, then remounts his horse and rides off.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Seems our messenger bird carried true Cairn, now we ensure that the man bites deep on the bait and walks to the sisterhood."


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Lead the way M'lady.

Cairn was enjoying himself. Manipulation through rumor was an old Sczarni way of doing things and it seemed Victoria was well versed in its application... Salvatore was cultivating quite the connection here...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Indeed, let us take a lovely stroll as we follow them along. At some stage we will need to split away from them and get ahead to a position where we may observe them, all the best to ensure they all go inside. Anyone who straggles will have to be dealt with. Perhaps that stablehand might need correction too. A shame."


Vermonter

Solaric returns to watching the course for any illegal activities Aramis may attempt during his ride. He double checks the oxers and the hedges and simply becomes an alert spectator throughout the course.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Aramis talks for some moments more, then suddenly he seems to have made a decision...obviously he's not foolhardy or desperate enough to go to the place himself. He hands the stable hand a large bag and grins smugly...the stablehand dashes off, no time to lose...
--------------

The competition goes on and after a brave and skillful ride Stephen Livgrace has taken the lead and Solaric has fallen to the second rank!

But the dark elf doesn't have time to think about that since Dumitru approaches him and says with a friendly wink

The countess told me she would like to see you...and...yeah...she had that fierce look in her eyes, if you know what I mean, heh.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

keeping his voice low Looks like our mark is crafty M'lady. Will the witches know how to deal with this setback?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Thats easy."

Victoria moves Cairn off through the crowd and begins following the boy.

Once away from the main line of stables...

Make a DC17 will save young stable boy, or you are getting VERY sleepy.


Vermonter
Dumitru wrote:
"The countess told me she would like to see you...and...yeah...she had that fierce look in her eyes, if you know what I mean, heh."

"Lead me to her right away!"

Solaric, not use to being in second place in his life, suddenly does not know what to say. His thoughts are racing in his mind as he thinks of the urgency of the matters at hand. He walks with Dumitru in silence as he is lead to the Countess.

When he reaches the Countess, Sassandra Livgrace, Solaric bows deeply, with grave concern on his face.

"Greetings, your Highness!" Solaric declares.


Will save not to get sleepy1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Between the main city gates and the stables the boy suddenly gets slower...and slower...he pauses, yawns and takes a seat on a large boulder.

-----------

The countess, beautiful as always, smiles, but as soon as she sees your grave countenance, she hesitates

Solaric, what is it? she asks, now worry in her voice.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"There we go" Victoria smiles like a cat catching a mouse.

"Cairn, take his bag and conceal it, then hurry back here. Make sure you are puffing because you will have just returned from chasing the thieves that poisoned this young man and stole his sack."

Victoria pulls a hairpin from her outfit and walks casually towards the boy.


Vermonter
Livgrace wrote:
"Solaric, what is it?"

"Greetings, your Highness! I am delighted to see you, but I regret to inform you that I am only in second place now. I will continue to do my best, but as you can see, there is very strong competition. However, just seeing your lovely face brings me a great comfort!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

As Johenric studies the crowd, any observer would perceive him as a foreign body.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

With understanding bright in his eyes; Cairn deftly grabs the bag of coins and slips off to find a place to hide it. He wished he had a mule in place to pass off the loot to but it was no matter at this point.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

With Cairn safely away with the bag; Victoria advances.

Misfortune Hex DC 17
The witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to suffer grave misfortune for 1 round. Anytime the creature makes an ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check, it must roll twice and take the worse result

Followed by Charm Hex DC 17
Improve attitude of Animal or Humanoid w/in 30' by 1 step for 6 rnds

"Naga, coat this." a black snakes head becomes briefly visible from Victorias sleeve... she teases its fang with the pin for a small amount of poison before jabbing it gently into the sleeping stablehand.

She uses the motion to continue waking him up.

"Are you alright young man!, Are you alright!?" She begins shaking him awake.


No one notices how Cairn takes the bag and most passersby will hardly remember that he was there at all.

Will save Misfortune1d20 ⇒ 6

Will save Charm1d20 ⇒ 2

Will save Charm1d20 ⇒ 15

Slowly the stablehand regains his senses and wakes up. Oafishly he smiles at you, but then, alarmed by your voice he looks around

W...what happened? Where is my bag? panic brews in him and he grabs your forearm tightly.

------------------

The countess smiles, understanding in her eyes

Don't worry, you are second in this compoetion and no one can stop you from winning. Solaric, I would love to take a walk with you through the gardens of Swansong House, but more urgent things cast their shadows upon us - Stephen told me you have...met...someone under Vizyalesh?


Vermonter
Sassandra Livgrace wrote:
"Don't worry, you are second in this compoetion and no one can stop you from winning. Solaric, I would love to take a walk with you through the gardens of Swansong House, but more urgent things cast their shadows upon us - Stephen told me you have...met...someone under Vizyalesh?"

A flood of relief fills Solaric's heart as Sassandra reassures him that he will win the tournament, but it turns to concern when she mentions shadows.

"Well yes. We met one of your ancestors, Lucretia Livgrace. I took a moment and tried to sense an evil aura coming from her and I was unable to detect any. She claims to have been a ruling ancestor of yours and she claims that she was loved by her people. I had no reason to doubt the veracity of her statements. So, when she offered to help us deal with the evil threat from the north, I thought that we could perhaps use her assistance in dealing with it. I'm afraid that Stephen and I did not know enough of her history to know if this was a good decision or not, but I decided that in our desperate need, that it may be a prudent decision. Do you have any further insight that may shed some light into who this woman is?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Be still" She admonishes as a mother to an injured child,"Forget worthless bags, are you injured? Do you feel any pains?


Sasandra bites n her lower lip, she thinks for a moment before she sighs in frustration

My mother has always told me tales about her...and I was so bored of the flirtatious adventures of my great grandmother that I wouldn't listen after a while and now...I can hardly remember anything. I know she must have been beautiful, long red curly hair, mossy green eyes, a voice like a nightingale and lips of crimson red...she loved dresses and never wore the same twice. Oh...I also remember that she was a fervent follower of Calistria, an exotic choice here in Ustalav...but how could you wake her up? She must have been totally rotten? she frowns is she...is he undead?

---------------------

Wh...what? the boy seems still confused No, pain? Not really...eh...may I ask who you are and if you know what has happened to me?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Just be still until you are sure. You poor young man, you were robbed, my escort is chasing the shadowy figures right now. What is your name, you are one of Aramais servants aren't you?"


Vermonter
Sassandra wrote:
" Oh...I also remember that she was a fervent follower of Calistria, an exotic choice here in Ustalav...but how could you wake her up? She must have been totally rotten? she frowns is she...is she undead?"

"I simply spoke to her and she awoke, and then we released her with the turn of an hour glass. She certainly wasn't rotten. In fact she was a beautiful woman wearing Victorian-looking ball gown in black and red. And you are correct, she had fiery red locks and green emerald eyes that possessed a great depth to them. However, I certainly did not believe she was undead. In fact she held a holy symbol of Pharasma in her hands. I'm afraid that I was not clear on the magic that preserved her, but I was sure that it was the power of one of your ancestors come back to help us in our need. Do you think I have erred in my ways, your highness?"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Meanwhile Johenric has recognized Solaric moving away from the tournament place and decided to follow up.

In the background Johenric waits until Solaric has finished his conversation with the Countess.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairn slinked through the crowds of people staying as unnoticable as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 +2 if in Urban

He found a mostly filled rainbarrel and dropped the bag of coins in it when no one was looking to be retrieved later.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

...that should do it...now to run...

The Sczarni circled around a building and came running back to where Vicky was waiting with the hapless young man.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Oh I'm so glad you are safe, apparently they stole this young mans bag, but that doesn't matter as he seems mostly unharmed."

"I think we can escort him back to the stables now"


As Cairn turns up, hope flickers in the young man's eyes - but soon it is replaced by gloom

You don't have the bag...nor the thief I assume? without waiting for an answer he steps away from you I can't go back to the stables, de Voisseur will kill me if he finds out what happened. he turns around and begins to sprint to the city proper.

-----------------

Erred in your ways? You? the countess caresses your cheek and sighs Oh Solaric, I have never met a heart so pure as yours, how could you err in your ways...I miss you so much, your touch, your...oh Johenric. the countess quickly takes her hand back and her expression changes from that of a loving woman to that of a stern politician.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric bows

Countess, Solaric. I apologize. I think it is important that I disturb you.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

I have news about Lucretia Livgrace. As agreed I went to the library and spent the forenoon to seek for information. Well this is what I found: She was born about 130 years ago. I am sure this is well know to the family Livgrace. According to some old journals I found, she was a woman who favored foppish man who adored her beauty.

She was not interested in politics and the old count of Sinaria was really worried about the rule of his land, when he presented a fiance that would have solved the problem. Prince Erik Damolash, a highborn from Cheliax. Sadly, he died during their wedding ceremony when he suffered a stroke in the temple of Desna.

After the failed marriage Lucretia indulged even more in men, but she became more and more - I apologize for the hard word - paranoid about her beauty. A rumor is that she bought the strangest of alchemies and potions only to remain as beautiful as she ever was. When she was 29 she suddenly vanished and was never to be seen again. The rule of Sinaria went to the family of her cousins.

Johenric waits a second.

This have been the facts of the documents. My intention is not to offend you or your family countess.

However, I think have to warn you, Solaric about Lucretia. Although we do not know her real intentions, I think the facts of the past are a strong indication to be very careful - especially in terms of blood magic. Anyway, at the end you can argue from different angles. It is your choice; may your goddess lead you to the right decision or to the facts...

Johenric bows and waits...


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

The ranger made a point of trying to look winded even though he had the stamina to run from on end of town to the other.

Bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 +2 vs humans

I saw where the thieves went M'lady! but I dared not follow. They headed straight for the Black Inn.


Vermonter
The beautiful Sassandra Livgrace wrote:
"Erred in your ways? You?" the countess caresses your cheek and sighs "Oh Solaric, I have never met a heart so pure as yours, how could you err in your ways...I miss you so much, your touch, your...oh Johenric. "

With his heart full of love, Solaric was drifting off into a beautiful world where he and Sassandra were alone together and free to show their adoration and affection, when suddenly, Johenric rips the dark elf back to reality and the shadows at hand.

Johenric wrote:
"Countess, Solaric. I apologize. I think it is important that I disturb you. . . . However, I think have to warn you, Solaric about Lucretia. Although we do not know her real intentions, I think the facts of the past are a strong indication to be very careful - especially in terms of blood magic. Anyway, at the end you can argue from different angles. It is your choice; may your goddess lead you to the right decision or to the facts..."

Hiding his disappointment at being interrupted, Solaric replies, "Thank you, Johenric! Your diligence and attention to detail are remarkable! You certainly have learned a great deal about this woman. She sounds like a dangerous person to be involved in any personal relationship with. If you could look into more about this blood magic. Now that you mention it, that was one thing she said. She would require in payment just a little blood from her people. It did not sound very difficult, but what do you think she means by that?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

he turns around and begins to sprint to the city proper.

Victoria grabs him

CMB 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

"Wait! What are you talking about, what is this talk of being killed? we can protect you, my dear friend is a Captain of the Nightscarves... we can get your bag back, we know where the thieves went"


The halts - abruptly - and you bump into him. He seems so confused by the fear about Aramis wrath that he acts like a headless chicken

You do? You know? But...wait...when I...imagine I would retrieve the bag...where did they go? The inn? Splendid!

He looks around, draws his short sword and says

You two, you look like you know a bit about fighting, join me and you I'll pay you 5 gold crowns for catching the thieves with me.

--------------

The countess listens to Johenric and her expression becomes more and more sombre

Blood she wants...Solaric, I want to meet her - and you shall me by bodyguard. No one could protect me better than you.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"No no no my dear, you have it all wrong. I detect that you were on an errand for Aramais, and if that is the case then he will know of your failure, and your loss. And I see by your eyes that this would be perilous to you, luckily I am acquainted with the man, we met most recently at a ball and I we spoke most fondly to one another... perhaps if you tell me what your errand is I can help you. I have coins aplenty, I'm sure we can work this out...tell me everything, I can protect you."

Bluff 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38
Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32
Come back, come back, to Mordor we will take you...bwahahaha


Vermonter
Sassandra wrote:
"Blood she wants...Solaric, I want to meet her - and you shall me by bodyguard. No one could protect me better than you."

"I am ever at your service, my lady! Let's return to her tomb and perhaps we may find her there. Do you wish to accompany us, and meet her as well, Johenric? You may be able to give us further insight into what motivates her!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Well, I appreciate the opportunity of being an observer to get more insights on this subject.

Johenric bows and follows Solaric and the Countess.


Then, don't let us waste any more time. resolutely the countess rises and sends one of her servants to fetch her coat. She pulls the hood over her head and calls for Dumitru.

Together with the captain of the Nightscarves you hurry through the mostly empty streets of Karcau. Upon reaching the academy square it begins to rain and the crack of a lightning pierces the silence.

Solaric, you lead the way, I take the rear. Dumitru says and draws both his pistols. Vizyalesh is a cursed place, now even more than ever before.

-----------------

My errand? a suspicious undertone is audible in the servant's voice, but then he shrugs and says well, if you know him, it can't be wrong to tell you, can it? My master send me to a certain inn to check if they are able to brew special potions or make magic items that have power...over women, heh.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer wanders around the city, looking for something to do, playing his lute softly as he goes, serenading the beautiful women and wondering why the others have not returned from the tournament yet.

Perform:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25

Oh have you seen the darkling elf,
he fights in the tournament, proves himself
to be of valor, courage and strength
to please his god he goes to great length!
In city torn with war and blood,
he casts down evil and substitutes good
And when he's won the hearts and minds
aside the Countess he'll close the blinds!

Any information to be gleaned from the people of Karkau?


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric waits some seconds and let his brain think about what is known about Vizyalesh.

Knowledge Local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Knowledge History 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

And says to Dimitru:

Well, when we are back, I want to hear what you know about this place.

And Johenric takes the position upfront Dimitru.

6,201 to 6,250 of 8,260 << first < prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.