Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


6,001 to 6,050 of 8,260 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>

Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Narumek moves towards the door on the right as quietly as possible but his armor is built for war, and not hiding.

Stealth:1d20 - 6 ⇒ (10) - 6 = 4

Screw it.... he says, kicking in the first door, keeping an eye on the sarcophagi.


all three, Merca, Murna and Terissa are currently in the large tap room - in the centre of the room is the bubbling cauldron again and Merca stirs in it with a large ladle that looks like the tigh bone of some great creature.

Look who's there, tee-hee!

Terissa smiles her cold chilling smile and nods

You have taken your time, sister. What brings you here?

Surely the good smell, tee-hee!

-------------------

Narumek:

The door is harder than you thought and you will surely need a second kick to kick it in. But firstly something else will occupy you - with a shattering noise, the sarcophagi covers are pushed away and four mostly rotten bodies leave their resting places. Their arms outstretched they stagger towards you, moaning in a way only zombies can... do we need a battle map?

-------------------

Solaric:

The room you enter is really putting your hair on end - two strange machines on the right and left are connected by flexible tubes with some kind of metal throne in the centre of the room. Blueish glowing liquid is pumped into the throne on which a creature, about the size of an ogre, sits. It body consists of human body parts, sewn together or held with rivets. You remember hearing of such monsters, flesh golems, from the city of Lepidstadt. One of these has caused major havoc there and you fear that this will be a formidable foe...


"Mighty Inheritor, guide me today and every day! If this is the foe that I must face then so be it! Guide me now that I may destroy this hideous construct and emerge victorious."

Solaric quiets himsel for a moment and seeks guidance and courage. He then looks to the golem to see if any evil aura surrounds the creature.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Nah, that's fine thanks.
Narumek channels energy from his sword, blasting the zombies with searing light.

Channel:2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 DC17, 7/8


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Ahh Sisters, I am so glad to be once again amongst like minds. Things have been tough of late, my most reliable aides have both moved on to other lifes journeys, and I find myself alone again even within a crowd of friends. Naga is only so much company" She sighs as though burdened by a great weight. "I bear news from another friend, one I regard as a man to be trusted and reliable enough, considering his position. Captain Dimitru has expressed his concerns about your presence, he worries that your deeds might be darker and more malicious than he'd like. I dispelled any such notion, however he is aware that you must be treated with respect"

"So what is news from your travels?" Victoria enquires as she makes herself comfortable.


Solaric:

The thing radiates evil as if it was a black dragon...As you move closer it suddenly opens it eyes...milky white eyes...a mixture of pus and saliva runs down the corner of its mouth and with one mighty jump it gets down from the throne, tears the tubes from its shoulders and closes the distance between you!

You may act first - I think we don't need a map

--------------

Narumek:

Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

The zombies moan painfully as they bodies are showered in the white light, but still, they swarm around you, ready to attack next round.

--------------

As a skull pops up on the surface of the stew, Merca quickly drowns it with the ladle

Tee-hee!

Terissa only rolls her eyes and smiles

This captain Dumitry is a clever man, you may tell him that the darkest things we have in mind are chocolate bars.

Oh and black lingerie! Merca adds and twirls one of her locks

Alas, people in the city are always so paranoid...you asked about our travels, dear? They were as usual, short and very comfortable. I guess, you knwo why we left? Terissa asks.


Zyren:
Upon sensing the great evil from the beast, Solaric immediately smites evil up it!

Attack +3, Damage +2, AC +3

"By the mighty power of the Inheritor that flows through me, you shall not stand any longer!"

Solaric crashes his sword down upon the creature.

Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:
Alas, people in the city are always so paranoid...you asked about our travels, dear? They were as usual, short and very comfortable. I guess, you knwo why we left? Terissa asks.

"I will pass on your interest in gifts. I presumed you moved out of interest in the great Evils that continue to plague this city, such as the Rag Man?"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:

Narumek lets out another blast of light at the zombies and prepares to hack up what is left. How close are they?

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


Solaric:

The monster blocks your attack with its brawny forearm and tries to hit your face with one of its muscular fists

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

---------

Narumek:

In melee

Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The zombies tumble back, double over and rot away in mere seconds...the fight is over and nothing is left of them...now it all feels like a bad dream.

-------------

Your old friend, the Rag Man? No, we thought he was destroyed? Terissa seems very interested now We fled...I mean we came here to karcau because of the nasty things happening up north. A coming war isn't very good for a roadside inn.


Zyren:

Round 2

"You will burn in the holy light of Iomedae!"

Solaric continues his attack against the construct.

Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Confirm Critical 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

Your old friend, the Rag Man? No, we thought he was destroyed? Terissa seems very interested now We fled...I mean we came here to karcau because of the nasty things happening up north. A coming war isn't very good for a roadside inn.

"The Ragman may or may not be dead, but the agents he worked for and with will not be so easily defeated. I would not be surprised to find a Ragman running around as undead seem to have a habit of rising over and over from the grave, perhaps it's just a costume"

"Seems unlikely you left just because a war was coming; all those men to give soup to?" Victoria chuckles, "Imagine the deals you could have struck in trade. Anyhow, who or what is it you believe is holding power on the Kronstein Ridge, and what would it want of the Heptagon?"

"On more pressing matters, the Countess still hasn't been forthcoming with land and title either, and to think I went to the trouble of establishing an orphanage in her honour? I really wonder what it takes? Oh well. So what is our future?"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Narumek kicks one of the corpses away and shakes out his arms. He turns and kicks the door again with more force.

Kick:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

He then goes and kicks the other door, sending his orbs of light out before him to see what lies beyond.

Kick:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Narumek:

Behind both doors lie corridors - they look roughly the same, but one seems to lead slowly upwards.

----------------

Solaric:

This time your sword bites deep into the parrying forearm and the golem moans and growls in pain, before it takes another backhand-swing at you

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

-----------------

An orphanage? How sweet...you have a really kind heart. the malevolence in her face doesn't fit to her words, but you've getting used to Terissa, it's just the way she is....This war is a real problem, Victoria. We've seen what other have not and it will need some heroes...heroes like the ones from the stories of olf to overcome this enemy. So how does your search for the Heptagon go?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Heroes I have, Terissa, it's villains I am now well short of. Let me assure you Terissa, the Hero only gets to look shiny and noble so long as the dirty work is done away from the eyes of the audience. For every noble knight striding gallantly to action, there were a dozen spies, assassins, and vagabonds dressed in black, smoothing the way for his destrier to gallop across. Do you have any appreciation of the things I have had to be party to? Oh the blood I have had spilled. Pitr and Swan, a touching love story. It could well have been a bloody tragedy had I not had Kirk along and had that stupid Taldane Captain's throat cut and his body left to the wharf rats. Oh that Captain could have been a decent man with a good heart, but he got all caught up in his own pettiness and couldn't let things be."

"Two sides to every story Terissa, two sides, and I guarantee that I will be up to my armpits in blood again before this thing is through, and this damnable Heptagon seems at the centre of it all. Our search progresses in fits and starts, we have a fair chunk of it, and I'd almost dare the Evil bastards to come for it and try take it from my lovely Boys; I'd happily wheel out my assassins again to put a bloody and brutal end to any such dark agency, all the better to ensure no other bastards got the same notion in their head. Oh then again I don't HAVE any such men anymore, one fell in love, and I suppose so did the other, In a way"

"You know how all this order and civilisation stays intact? It does so through everyone understanding that to wrong or slight the powers that be will result in the harshest possible retribution being delivered brutally and without mercy. There must be love, but there must also be an uncompromising brutality just below the fine veneer"


Zyren:
The battle rages on as Solaric presses onward without hesitation!

Round 3
Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 4
Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Round 5
Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


You sound like an elder statesman, my dear. there is a bit of pity in her voice I would have expected you to dablle in the arcane, not politics - but a fortiori, that is an interisting and very useful talent, being able to manipulate I mean. But still, I don't think that the fate of this city will be decided in the backroom of a state chancellery...I fear it will be a battlefield. she sounds almost sad now.

Tee-hee, don't make such a face sister, Victoria has come to visit, we should celebrate! Murna fills a bowl with stew and hands it to you Now tee-hee, how did your search for the Heptagon go?

-----------------

solaric:

The golem is hit twice by you, but redoubled its efforts to kill you

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

--------------

It's close to dusk as you reach the massive walls of Karcau once again, Johenric. For a city the size of Karcau it is fairly quiet and only a single guard is visible on the battlements.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"The final battle will be determined in a back room, the tale for the Bards to record will be replete with prancing ponies and puffed up Cavaliers. The people need their show after all" Victoria takes her bowl of soup "I accept this soup as payment for passing on the good Captains message, I assume that skull was just for flavour and not some lost Karcau citizen?" The last part seems rather moot as she begins to dip her spoon.

"The Heptagon still evades our grasp, we have fragments, but soon enough it will be in safe hands. It is as elusive as the plans of my mother, I do wonder that they might be linked."


Zyren:

For the next three rounds Solaric fights for his life, driven onward in his passion to slay evil in all of its forms!

"I will smite you down and the mighty Inheritor will burn your flesh until you are ash blowing in the wind! Prepare to die!"

Round 6

Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Round 7

Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Round 8

Longsword 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric moves his phantom steed to the guard.

Diplomcy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

Good Evening Sir. My name is Johenric. As I do serve the countess, do you mind me entering Karcau?


Solaric:

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Golem attacking Solaric /Smash 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Damage1d10 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

your third attack is too much for the monster and after it has lost its parrying arm it quickly goes down under your well-aimed strikes.

------------

The guard lowers his lantern as far as he can as he stares down the battlements

Uh, no sir, as long as you aren't giantkin or undead, you may enter!

----------------

Tee-hee, the skull is just for reminding me of my favourite ingredient, tee-hee! No Heptagon, mhm? Do you know how many shards THEY already own?

Oh shut up Murna, you are ruining the day...again. Don't listen to her, Victoria, no one knows if they have any shards at all, right?


Zyren:

Upon defeating the creature, Solaric drops to one knee, lowers his head and prays to the blessed Inheritor.

"Upon this day, at this moment, I give you thanks and pray. I give you thanks for guiding me and in using the longsword as you have done before me, allowed me to strike down this wretched creature in the hopes of bringing your kingdom to be!"

Solaric waits a moment, to listen, hear, and feel the presence of his deity!

He then takes a moment to look around this chamber to see if there is other evil to slay.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

In the case that he does not find anything, he proceeds to search for the great knight Narumek.


Solaric:

The strange laboratory is now empty and even the machines have fallen silent. With the feeling that your god is watching over you, you cross the room and find a locked iron door - surely Narumek hasn't been here before you.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric directs his steed through the gate and rides to the academy.

Nethys may your insight be with me...


Zyren:

"Dearest Iomedae, thank you for giving me the strength to smite down the evil construct in this room. Now, if it is to be your will, let me pass through this locked door! As you have heard me say to you before, blessed Inheritor, Here am I, send me, use me!"

Solaric tries to pry open the door using his strength and pure willpower.

Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"I will trust in you always!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren::
Narumek continues through the door that leads to the level passageway.


At the academy square you meet the tournament judges and a group of waiting contestants, neither Narumek, nor Solaric are among them. As you approach the group one of the judges walks over to you and says in a hushed voice

Sorry m'lord, but spectators are not allowed during this competition, not to disturb the knight's concentration.

------------

Solaric:

With a creaking noise the door gives way and you are able to open it. A stairwell lies behind it leading up and down - but suddenly you hear a noise from behind - someone has entered the golem room! As you turn around, you can see Stephen Livgrace peering into the room.

---------------

Narumek:

You follow the corridor for some minutes until you reach a dead end. A strange relief is carved into the head wall here on which several monstrosities and items are depicted:

A vampire and a silvery dagger, a mummy and a stake, a werewolf and a torch, a zombie and hammer, a skeleton and an axe, a wraith and a spellbook, a lich and a magic weapon.

------------

@ Vicky: Did you see my post above?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"True. We don't know how many shards they own, we can only hope to do our part and gather what we can to prevent them having them all." Victoria places down her bowl neatly. "I believe it is time for me to leave and take stock of what matters lie unfinished here in Karcau. Aramais is due for a few unfortunate events... perhaps you have heard of him? His appetites are legendary, perhaps he might be due his fill of warm pumpkin soup?" - there is a clear conspiratorial tone to her statement.

"I will let you think on whether you could accommodate such a guest" and with that she bids farewell.


Tee-hee we can, we can! The old skull isn't any good anymore anyway!

the sisters wish you farewell and you leave their establishment with a good feeling and a warm and well-filled belly...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Then you will likely be taking in a guest before long, and perhaps a few of his entourage"


To the shark pool?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Indeed. Time to ensure a back-up plan. He who watches for a dagger to his back shall be knifed in the front.


You reach the Shark Pool just at the moment the barkeeper lights the lantern outside the building. He recognizes you at once and grins frienldy...or is it even a bit gamy?

M'lady...why don't you come in, eh...and then we...

Oh shut up you tonto! 'scusi Victoria, he is an oaf and will always be one. Adreanu smiles and pushes the barkeep away. The slender Varisian seems to be in perfect mood and has put on some very fine clothes as well. It's so good that the winds of Desna have blown you here, I wanted to introduce you to someone - a very good and loyal amico of me.

He bids you inside...Your turn, Cairn!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Let me first give you these, just a little gift for a friend" Victoria hands Andreanu a neatly wrapped box of small cakes fresh from a quality bakery. "A Lady never arrives as a guest empty handed"

"A friend? Such fortuitous timing, as I just happened to be hoping I could borrow one..." She heads inside to her 'home away from home'.


Zyren:
"Well met, Stephen Livgrace! It's me, Solaric Zekkaran! How have you fared, my friend? Are you just beginning this event? I have just defeated this evil flesh golem and then I pulled this iron door off of its hinge. I was about to proceed through this entranceway. I do not have time to visit, but if you wish to join me, then perhaps we could fight these horrors together! Will you stand with me united as my brother in arms?"

Solaric, with sword drawn, proceeds past the iron door and down the stairs.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Slightly shorter than Adrenau and almost as slender, Cairn steps out of the man's shadow and smiles warmly.

Greetins M'lady. You dont need to borrow nothin. Im to be at your service, so to speak. Salvatore and my uncle Gorian speak nothin but good 'bout you and your chums.


Solaric:

Ligrace hesitates, but after he has raised his torch and realized that you are no deadly illusion, he breathes out, obviously in relief

Oh dear, I thought you were another kind of monster...a flesh golem you say? after looking at the massive corpse, he visibly shudders and quickly says I'd be very stupid not to work together with you.

-----------

Adreanu gives Cairn a slap on the shoulder

Victoria, sometimes even the family can't believe that Cairn is really one of us, they must have tied his tongue at his birth, heh. I think he rather has Kirk's temperament, but I have no doubts that he won't melt in your company...as every man does.

Then Adrenau moves to the bar nad fetches a bottle of red wine and some glasses.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Ahhh as polite a gentleman as I have expected to find in the company of such esteemed men as Andreanu. I do try and kep good company, and that extends to your relatives, and if they have kindly extended me your services then I can guess as to where your skills might lie, however perhaps you could let me know a little of your preferences and specialities, for right now I have a particularly vexing issue that is going to require a fine eye for detail and a particular type of tidiness about its work. Tell me, is your preference towards brash boldness, or are you more subtle in your approaches?"


Zyren:

Livgrace wrote:
"Oh dear, I thought you were another kind of monster...a flesh golem you say?" after looking at the massive corpse, he visibly shudders and quickly says "I'd be very stupid not to work together with you."

"Very well, Livgrace! Let the mighty Inheritor guide us both! Let's proceed downward and see what we can find!

As Solaric leads Stephen Livgrace down the stairs with his sword drawn, he visits with the Countess' cousin.

"Forgive me for asking questions, but I am unfamiliar with competitions such as this. So are we here to simply destroy as many horrors as we can find, or are we here to retrieve some artifact and return it to the judges? Either way, this does not seem all that much different from the adventures I find myself on."


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Narumek observes the wall, committing its images to memory.

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Knowledge, Arcana:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

He runs his hands over the images methodically and steps back, looking for levers or switches.

If he finds nothing, he summons a guitar and begins softly playing to help himself think...

Perform:1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Narumek:

As you touch the wall and run your fingers over the cold stone, the depicted items and monsters follow your fingers - after some short tries you realize that you can really move the images on the wall.

------------

Solaric:

Livgrace coughs and gives a forced smile

I feard that you would say that...I guess your normal adventures are one of the deadliest things one can do, eh?

but despite his obvious reluctance he follows you down the stairs into a vast stony dome, in its centre one single sarcophagus ornamented with roses and hour glasses.

Ugh...what's that?


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Cairns takes the jab from Salvator with a grin and looks around reflexively before replying to the Lady.

I specialize in tracing skips M'lady. Im quite skiled an a number of areas though and if it really came down to it then Id prefer to stay unseen and unknown during any 'gigs'. If you catch my drift? Otherwise my uncle Jasper always says "Ability is nothing without opportunity so take advantage of both".


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric bows and says with a friendly voice.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Well, you can be assured that I have little interest in this play of power. Could you please let me know how I am allowed to enter the academy?


The judge nods and looks over to the senior judge

I guess it depends on the part of the academy you wish to enter? But I think until midnight the whole contest will be over anyway, so if you could wait until then?

----------

Salvator puts the bottle on the table and pipes in

Cairn here forgot to tell you that uncle Jasper found the greatest of opportunities when he stole the virginity of a high born lady from Caliphas - oh and yeah, you can be sure he had the ability to do that properly, heh! - a talent he shares with all Sczarnis, heh.


Male Varisian Human
Common Stats:
Init:7, Perc:16 // HP:82 // AC:19, Touch:14, FF:15 // F:10, R:11, W:5 // CMB:12, CMD:25

Knowing his place Cairn will take the bottle and pour glasses for the Lady, the Cappo and himself and in that order all while chuckling at Salvator's claims.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Well, I want to go to my room....

Johenric describes where his room is located and waits for the judge to respond.


That is no problem, sir.

the judge says friendly and walks back to the group of waiting knights.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Finally, after his journey, Johenric opens the door to his room, sits down on his bed and releases Ivy into the home to hunt for some insects. After a a couple of seconds he sleeps...


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

DM Zyren:
Narumek stabs the vampire with the silvery dagger, impales the mummy with the stake, torches the werewolf, hammers the zombie, chops the skeleton with the axe, slaps the wraith with the spellbook, and slashes the lich with the magic weapon. Wait, no... he says, trying again.

He stabs the werewolf with the silvery dagger, impales the vampire with the stake, torches the mummy, hammers the skeleton, chops the zombie with the axe, slaps the wraith with the spellbook, and slashes the lich with the magic weapon. Hah! I like this challenge!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Andreanu, you are no doubt aware of Aramais? You are no doubt aware of who he is and what his intentions are, here in Karcau. You know he seeks to cement influence and power in this city to feed his own vices and suck the marrow from our bones to feed his hunger."

Victoria accepts her drink with a nod of gratitude.

"My companions are fighting the good fight in the public eye to ensure he gets no traction in the public arena, that he gathers no adoration nor influence through the tournament, however the degree to which this man has fixed almost every encounter grows wearisome. He has spent sums of time and money in obtaining cursed items, rigging contests, and even hiring mercenaries and inflitrating the Guard. This is a man set on a clear and dangerous mission, this is a man with little to no scruples and set upon a bloody pathe to feed his own self interests."

"Could you imagine, just for a moment what it would mean to the average citizen or the downtrodden peasants toiling upon the land if that man ever made it to the top? Every peasant farmer knows the score, they all accept a little bit of pain here and there from the ruling elite, but they take that pain because they know the ruling elite are there to also serve and protect them. It is a relationship they share with both parties having a clear role. We of noble blood have our job, and those without have theirs, and as long as the balance and order is maintained then peace and prosperity will largely be the norm"

[b]"SO Aramais makes it to the top and then what? Well that balance would rapidly slide into some chain of horrors for the average man, as he couldn't care one whit for anyone else, he is about just take take take. He's bleed those people dry in a heartbeat, and on that note, what do you think he'd do around here?" Victoria waves her hand as to indicate the docks "He'd take over. He'd run the vice on one hand, and prosecute it with the other, all the better to raise the profits off the trade and keep fuelling his coffers." she lets that sink in.

"And this, we cannot abide"

"Aramais and his entourage will enter a building in the next few days, and if they do, then they will be permanent guests. What I must ensure, however, is that it is a clean sweep and that none of his followers walk away... I cannot afford a straggler not walking into the trap, but instead going for help once he becomes aware of what is taking place. I am hoping for all the rats to go down the hole, but hope is not a battleplan, and if one straggles then I will require a more direct solution for that person. It is always regretable for one to die over sins not of their direct doing, but a handful of lives lost to save the many is sometimes a necessity."

"Should you be able to meet this request, I would be delighted, I have recently lost both my trusted men for this sort of work. One to the arms of his beloved, let they be happy ever after, and the other lost to the passion of his art, may he rise to be the greatest artist of all time" She raises her glass and sips a toast.

6,001 to 6,050 of 8,260 << first < prev | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.