Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


5,701 to 5,750 of 8,254 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric nods towards Solaric; as per his eyes show johenric feels now more Energy. He moves to the academy starting with his research...


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer strolls up behind Solaric and Harl, strumming his lute and singing softly.

Oh there once was a fellow named Aramis,
with chicken he filled up his codpiece,
and when he took steps, oh how he wept,
for the rubbing of bones left much rawness!


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Aramis just sh@ his pants, lol.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"So finally I meet with the Queen of Hearts, so named because you take them by fair means or foul?"

Victoria waits to see who this woman is, and what influence she might have over her favourite knifeman.


By whatever means are necessary.

comes a soft voice from within the shadows

Follow me, I bet it's starting to rain again soon.

The door opens and the crimson-haired woman known as the Queen of Hearts asks you to come in.

The ground floor of the house consists only of one large parlour with heavy red carpets on the floor and white furniture. Hearts are everywhere: On paintings, pillows formed like them, on the table cloth, on the wallpapers etc.

The vixen grins as she notices Kirk's expression

Well, you have to stay true, don't you think?

-----

Aramis growls quietly as Harl suddenly appears in front of him

Sometimes I feel sorry for your declining race...but not today...and you he turns to Flofer Hit the road, you clown! If your elven friend does not want to find a mutual agreement with me, it's his own fault if he loses to this Narumek.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Hit the road, hit the road,
Aramis slipped on a slimy toad,
running away from Narumek,
afraid he'd break his fat little neck...
Flofer strums on.

Psst! Harl, Narumek's the guy who has that black armor, right? he whispers out of the corner of his mouth.

Narumek all dressed in black,
with his little cape hanging off his back,
On the other side is Aramis,
with his trousers filled up with...chicken


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"No need to enter agreement with losers, Aramis. We all saw hw well you handled yourself in the last competition. Now scram!" Not taking his glaring gaze off of Aramis, Harl says to Flofer, "You are about to get thumped, boy."


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

...Thumped? Flofer says, his eyes widening, That doesn't sound good...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"My type of Lady. So refreshing to see another woman with spark and determination, who is not afraid of action"


Not at all

she smiles and looks expectantly at Kirk

I guess you've come to speak about Aramis de Voisseur - or Jacques de Boche, as he is known to the people of the Boarwood in Galt...

--------

Aramis grimaces and walks over to his squire and readies his bow.

A judge now enters the archery range and points at bales of hay with targets affixed to them.

Dear knights of Sinaria, archery has always been one of the many talents the counts of this land have possessed. In times of peace it's done for sports and hunting, in times of war it can thin the enemy lines...tonight you will have to prove how able you can handle bow and arrow. In the first round you will have to hit a target 20m away - a very simple task.

Aramis laughs loudly

20m? What a joke, I can do that blindsighted, hah!


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:

Johenric wants to buy the spell dispel magic - Any Chance in this city?


Johenric:

Yup, just pay the normal amount.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:
This means 375 GP for the 3rd Level Spell "Dispel Magic"?
; according to this table:
Scroll Costs


Judge wrote:
"In the first round you will have to hit a target 20m away - a very simple task."

"I would be honored to put myself forward for this test. If you are ready, I will begin." Solaric holds his bow firmly in his hand, and then he places an arrow upon the string. The elf pulls the arrow back to his ear and concentrates. He then releases the arrow and lets it fly.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


"Indeed, I have. We are of the opinion that he is attempting to win the tournament using... unscrupulous means, at best. He wants the Countess's hand, and he's determined to get it. We could probably get him thrown out of the tournament based on behavior and conduct alone, but that might be too messy."

"Solaric Zekkaran is brave, strong, and noble. He deserves to sit at the Countess's side, and they both deserve more than the treacherousness spectacle Aramis is undoubtedly planning."

"What would you do in our situation, milady? Something must be done, and things could escalate if its not done soon."


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Seeing Aramis go for his bow, Flofer makes himself scarce, stumbling away into the city.

Stealth: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (6) - 6 = 0


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Kirk has well summed the situation, the man is a boar and a boor, and has no place being any sort of fit consort of the Countess. There would be a lot of suffering and tragedy should he be elevated to such influence, and it would be bad for business"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Harl shakes his head as Flofer knocks over a weapons rack, a table of wine classes, three children, two squires, kicks a chicken, and falls over a railing.


Solaric's arrow flies true and hits the target. Some knights nod, but Aramis just snorts

Child's play!

The DC of the bales is always 10

Aramis attacking Hay Bale 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Heh!

----

The Queen smiles genuinely as she listens to your little story

So you're little helpers of Shelyn, mhm? How romantic...and there's nothing in it for you? Well, as I indicated, Aramis de Voisseur has not always been his name. He was born and raised in a small village in the Boarwood and worked as a beater for the count of Voisseur...whose only son died during a hunt...

she lets her last words trail off, waiting for your reaction.

-----

@ Jo: Correct


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:
Johenric buys the Spell Dispel Magic and studies him

DC 18 Spellcraft 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Prescience 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

After he has learned the spell he wants to dispel the hidden door he found in the library.

Am I allowed to move up one level in between?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Well that makes sense, that man has a regal bloodline about as pure as porridge. I took him for a pig, I am glad my judgement of his character has borne out to be true, I hate to think the worst of people without foundation"

"Of course there is something in it for us, a happy ending. Who doesn't love a happy ending? Of course it becomes a little bit of an argument of it being 'Happy' for whom; I hardly expect Aramais to be weeping with joy, weeping yes, joy no"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek rides up late on his warhorse.
I hope I have not missed the competition. I had need of a bow. He says, dismounting.
He loads a crossbow and aims for the target.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

But misses.


Sir Narumek, you may now use one of the three gilded arrows every contestant has in his quiver. the judge says before turning to the whole group of knights

Everyone of you has these three gilded arrows he may use over the course of the competition whenever he misses the target in a certain round.

Pah Aramis snorts That won't help you, Narumek - you can't even hit the door of a barn with that piece of wood you call a bow!

-------------

@ Jo: Yeah, no problem

-------------

So what are you going to do with that information? You may have already guessed it, there have been investigations back then in Galt and many people were curious about the circumstances of the young lord's death, but in the end, no one found any proof of Aramis' guilt.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

If you wish to fight me, draw thy steel. Otherwise I have no use for your idle talk. Narumek responds.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

DMZ:
After Johenric has returned from the tournament place to the academy he studied the new spell allowing him to dispel magic. Finally he finished his work on the Demon language. After he solved the sophisticated pattern of the Aklo language, he takes out the Sheets which have been found in the camp near (Carrion Hill) and written in Aklo....

After a while he raises his head, pets Ivy and thinks about his next steps...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"What will we do with this information? Nothing, it is of no great value at this point in time. The man is not in a winning position so we have little to gain by bringing him into question, and if anything we show our hand early by doing so. What the information does suggest though that if it is true then we face a lesser repurcussion from trimming the Galtish family tree - they won't miss an adoptee quite as much as a legitimate heir, and should they create a nuisance about the issue we could certainly use the illegitimacy to silence them anyway"

"Perhaps you are the Queen of Hearts; I suppose that either makes me the Queen of Clubs representing what my obstacles soon get hit with, or the Queen of Spades on account of them unerringly ending buried in a shallow grave"

"Your information simply makes my choices a little easier and less complicated"


@ Johenric:

The texts from Carrion Hill, written in the weird language Aklo, a language used by such different but nonetheless hideous races like the linnorm, aboleths, shogoths and gibbering mouthers begin to confuse you after the first lines

Make a will check DC 20

We do the closed room after you have read/ tried to read the texts.

-----------

@ Narumek:

Aramis grins, he seems satisfied with bringing your blood to boil. The judge however, points at the gilded arrows

I guess you will use one? Otherwise you will be eliminated in this round.

-----------

@ Vicky:

Interesting - I had expected you to run around and spread the news as soon as you can...I like people who can patiently sit in the shadows waiting for the right moment to come...which brings me to the next thing I found out...I heard that Aramis has used some of his contacts to make sure that a group of Ulfen mercenaries has been taken into the ranks of the city guard.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric concentrates and...

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 3
Will Check DC 20 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Did anybody already investigate these magical items?

3 Scrolls - gentle repose(found during Carrion hill; after the death of the second victim)
1 Spellbook(found during Carrion hill; after the death of the second victim)
Strange looking, rusty key, with CHA embossed on it. (found during Carrion hill; after the death of the second victim)
2 Rings (found during Carrion hill; after the death of the second victim)
Red potion (found during Carrion hill; after the death of the second victim)


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Mercenaries? Well that is something. A few well placed people can always make a large hole, and the Ulfens aren't shy of spilling blood, they shed it like a sailor spills coin in a whorehouse."

"Suppose now we need to find the middleman between Aramais and the Mercenaries, he would no doubt be passing orders to them via an intermediary, because I would be willing to throw a few coins into a wager that he had set instructions for this intermdiary to carry out some foul deed should Aramais end up as filler for cheap pastries sold on the wharves"

"Thank you for the information, of course, whilst curiously asking my motivations and rewards in all this I note you haven't been forthcoming with your own... perhaps you have something to benefit too from Armais coming to a bad end, or is it just an overwhelming sense of civic duty?"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Yes, I will use the golden arrow. Narumek says, handing it over and loading another bolt.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Harl keeps a stern eye on both the Hellknight and Aramis. "You never know what these fools may try. All worked up, but with little true honor."


The judge steps back and nods

Then you may fire again.

----------------------

@ Jo:

I guess all objects from carrion Hill have been identified/ and or used by now.

You are able to concentrate and shield your mind from the dark energies emanated by the book. The text tells of a world beyond the stars, a dark universe where horrors like the Yog-Sothoth dwell, waiting to invade distant worlds.

The more you read of the text, the more your mind becomes swamped with the horrors depiced and displayed in strangely crude drawings...

If you want to read on Pass a Will save DC 25

-------------

The Queen of Hearts smiles and puts one of her golden locks behind her ear

The man you're looking for is a certain Vaclav Klaus, a sergeant of the guard who is responsible for recruiting. then she hesitates for a moment My motifs? Didn't he tell you? she looks at Kirk now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Full of curiosity but disgusted by the dark text, Johenric folds the sheets and put it back in his backpack.

Ivy, I think this is not our priority now; however in the future we might need it. Now, I think we have to solve another riddle. Get Action where action needed....

Johenric packs his staff, put Ivy on his shoulder and moves to the academy to investigate the room.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"My friend is a man of tight lips and silent secrets, he has passed to me very little, I'd like to hear it from you...the source is always preferrable to second hand information after all"


Isabel smiles and gives Kirk a knowing look

He has just promised me that once the time has come he will help me out with his "special skills".

------------

The Vizyalesh academy is as dark and terrifying as it was the last time you visited it. The heavy black oak doors groan creepily as you push them open and the empty corridors don't look any more inviting than they did last time.

Directly to the secured room?


Is the fire again for Narumek or everyone else?


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

If there is a rat with a poisoned dagger and no eyes or tongue in the room, don't trust it.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric pushing the door open steps inside the academy. He takes a breaths and oversees the room.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

After taking a deep breath, he casts dancing lights and let them enlighten dark niches.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

By letting the dancing lights moving up front about 15 ft., Johenric positioned at the limb of light goes slowly but surely towards the secured door.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"And such fine skills they are too, such a fine craftsman is always in demand"


"And I expect you'll be letting me know as soon as those skills are needed," Kirk says solemnly to the Queen.

DMZ:
Maybe that's a good excuse for Kirk to go away for an extended amount of time? Again, sorry I'm quiet, I'm graduating in two days and leaving in three, so I don't think I'll be able to post much more than this, unfortunately ;/


Kirk:

Hey, don't worry, graduation is great! And yeah, you're right it's a good excuse.

@ Kirk and Vicky: What are your next steps?

-----

@ Solaric: Yeah, you can surely roll for Narumek.

-----

@ Jo:

Slowly you advance to the secured door - past the gigantic library and the twisted stairwells. It feels like the thick carpets soak up all the noise around you - a fact that unnerves you since you won't be able to hear a pursuer up front.

-----


• Narumek •

The dark knight loads the golden bolt into his crossbow, takes aim, and fires.

Crossbow 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Once again the shot misses.


And the black knight misses again

Bwahahaha!

Aramis shouts

The judge however nods at the second gilded arrow.


•Narumek

Grrrrrrr! The black knight growls as he draws forth another golden bolt and fires, desperately trying to hit the bale of hay.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Well finding out what is happening with this queen, then its off to find this northman after letting the party know and those who want/need to come can make ready...


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric looks for cover and moves 20 meters away from the door. Then he casts dispel magic on the secured door.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 15
Dispel Magic 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Then he looks forward to see the result...


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Please excuse my absence, I was waiting for the others to fire. Thank you, Solaric.

Narumek fires his crossbow again after handing over the second golden arrow.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


"Impressive shot Narumek! That bale of hay did not stand a chance!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

And nor will you, little elf, when the winner is decided by steel and not a coin!

Narumek the Unforgiving fires another bolt.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

How many shots will I take?

5,701 to 5,750 of 8,254 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.