Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


5,501 to 5,550 of 8,255 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Oops, didn't realise. I thought the damage only carried over from the lance after it surpassed its hit points...

Ride:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Narumek stays aswell in his saddle and after a turning maneuver the riders again face each other in a thundering gallop

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage1d8 ⇒ 7

the lance grazes off Narumek's armour and Livgrace is exposed for a moment...


Solaric squeezes the Countess' hand. "That dark knight appears near unbeatable. He doesn't look like he is going anywhere. This is tense to watch a jousting match from the sidelines. I feel like there is nothing that can be done from here."


Nothing but pray to the Inheritor!

the countess whispers excitedly.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek charges for Livgrace, aiming just below his helm this time.

Lance:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


But misses and the lance tip goes past his head, right over his shoulder. Another round, but it's getting more and more exhausting -1 rd checks.

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Damage1d8 ⇒ 7

Aiming at the right arm of his enemy the young noble misses and his shout of frustration echoes over the jousting area.


Hellknight 4, Bard 2
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

Use touch Armor Class to determine if an attack roll hits.

"Head" Armor Class is as normal Armor Class + 2.

A 20 and a 23 missed Livgrace's Touch AC? Wow...

If Narumek the Unforgiving feels emotion, he does not show it as he turns and charges again. He aims for the man's body again.

Lance:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Maybe you missed the discussion at the campfire it's not touch anymore, but flatfooted. So your armor protects, but you can't dodge on the horse.


Bump!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Waiting for the Bad Man to leave his tent...


Livgrace turns his horse and is catapulted forward as the mighty stallion buries its hooves into the ground

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage1d8 ⇒ 3


Solaric squeezes Livgrace's hand. "My dear, this could be it! His form looks quite solid."


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Zyren: Oh, yes I missed that.

Ride:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Narumek lowers his lance as he charges for Livgrace, trying to stay in his saddle.

Lance:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Also, which order should the ride and attack checks be in? It could become important.


Lances hit simultaneously, so both riders are hit first and have to pass their ride check afterwards.

As the lance hits and bursts at Livgrace's chest, he holds the reins tightly and...

Ride DC 151d20 ⇒ 16

stays on the horse!


Kirk raises his eyebrow at the unusually-long bout. "That Narumek looks like a tough shell to crack," he says to Harl, eyeing the dark knight coolly but with a bit of admiration.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"Only because they choose to prance around an actual fight, boy. The need to ground themselves and go at like real warriors."


Now all ride checks are made with -2

livgrace opens the visor of his helmet, everyone can see that he is at the brink of exhaustion - he takes two deep breaths before he spurs his horse into battle again.

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Damage1d8 ⇒ 8


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek Charges again.

Lance:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ride:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

In jousting, I believe dismounting the opponent, OR three broken lances was a victory. Should we try this?


No, we go for ten jousts, then the winner is determined by flipping a coin. This is due to the strong belief in Desna the Varisian people have brought to Ustalav.

Ride Check DC 161d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Close to the end of the joust Narumek is finally successful as his lance hits Livgrace's tigh and catapults the young knight out of the saddle right into the mud.

The crowd is shocked for a moment but then black flags are waved and Narumek's name is shouted out loudly by his supporters!


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek raises his broken lance in the air in salute to Livgrace and the crowd, then rides off with his black cape flapping behind him.


Again Narumek's name echoes through the stadium, but soon the crowd has only eyes and ears for the newly arrived Aramis.

He enters the jousting area as if he had already won the competition, greeting people he does not know here and there, beaming at the crowd while his squires throw puppets with his portrait into the ranks of spactators.

His opponent however looks rather drowsy and has already yawned about five times before he has closed his visor.


"Your Grace, I am most sorry about your cousin. Indeed Narumek is a worthy opponent."

At the sight of Aramis and his drowsy opponent, Solaric adds, "Will you look at that. His opponent looks as if he is about to fall off of his horse before the match even begins! Something must be at work! How does he do it! He is clearly determined to win this event at any cost!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

With Aramais gone, Victoria looks for who the errand boy is that keeps delivering these 'gifts'...


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"Seems we may have some talking to do with someone, eh, Vic?"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Well if all the gifts are 'salted' to confound his opponents, then it is only right we put a stop to the practice. We must find his errand boy"


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer wanders back from the marketplace, gnawing on some meat on a stick. He looks pretty sweaty but a little less green.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Spotting Solaric in the top box, he grins sheepishly and makes his way up to him. Whew, this is spicy, but it seems to help my stomach a bit...What did I miss?


The errand boy isn't hard to find, he stands next to Aramis' squire at the lances rack. As he spots you two it's already too late for him to flee, so he stays and just looks away...


Hearing Victoria and Harl speak about the likelihood of foul play, Kirk says, "I think I might've run into him at Vasti's tent earlier. I saw one of Aramis's cronies posing as a squire - when I tried to confront him, though, he started to cause a scene and I had to let him go. I'd recognize him if I saw him again, though, certainly."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Then pehaps it takes a womans touch, men can be so weak willed..." - the sparkle in her eye suggests the mans mnd wont be his own for long.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"Do yer thing, lass. If a little more straight forward appraoch is called for, me an' the boy here will handle that."


Are you going to conront him now or shall I continue with aramis' duel?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Both will happen simultaneously no doubt... then we shall break his mind, destroy his will, and swallow his soul.


Aramis waits until the very second and rides close to the stands to mingle with the crowd and impress the ladies. As his opponent then suddenly nearly falls off his horse he decides it's time to act, closes his visor, rides over to him and pushes him gently out off his saddle...silence...then laughter and a beaming Aramis. The fight is over and the judges just shrug.

At least one of the tournament's wizards now walks over to the fallen knight and checks if he is ok.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Is that supposed to happen? Flofer asks, scratching his head with the skewer that once held his roast meat.


The mage shrugs and signals to the Countess' box that the poor man is ok, but asleep which leads to even more laughter.

In the box the countess looks at Solaric - question marks all over her.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Awaiting the opportunity to snap the mind of Aramais fetch and carry boy :)


He's right in front of you pretending he does not see you ...:)


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

The Countess does her best slightly contrite and sorrowful expression as she walks demurely towards the errand boy, and signals for his attention, drawing closer she speaks...

"I am terribly sorry, I heard that my minder gave you a terrible and undeserved fright, is it...true?", her bottom lip almost trembling with guilt and shock.

Bluff 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

She goes on...

"Well I have come to apologise and make amends, we are all friends here of course, and I even spent time at dinner with the fine Sir, so I am shocked there has been such scandal, especially with one as loyal and high born as yourself being marred in such a terrible way..."

"Perhaps we could take a stroll and talk about it, I am in such a state hearing of the brutality you endured I couldn't possibly sit down to watch any loud and violent jousting right now, and need a fit and proper escort whilst I catch some air..."

She extends a hand to the man expectantly.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Having turned his back, but not his ears to what is transpiring between the servant and Victoria, Harl almost loses it but maintains his compsure."Oh boy, that idiot is going to be asking for her hand if she keeps this up much longer, hehehe."


At the sight of Aramis's duel, Kirk's eyes narrow into slits as he looks across the jousting lanes at the corrupt knight. "Two can play at that game, Aramis," he says to nobody in particular, then he spends the next couple of minutes imagining how exactly he catch Aramis unaware before the tournament's end.


"Aramis clearly has his evil hand in this. Every time he faces an opponent, the opponent is incapacitated in some way. These are knights! Any knight in their right mind would not be falling asleep at the prospect of jousting in the name of their honor and glory. My companions are doing everything in their power to prevent this from happening further, but somehow they have not been able to stop it. The opponents of de Voisseur have either been drunk or asleep. Let us pray that we can stop this deceptive weasel before he ends up winning the entire affair!"


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

The errand boy looks at Victoria as if she was the answer to all of his unanswered prayers

I...yes, m'lady!

he quickly takes your hand and lets himself be guided away by you...

----

In the countess' box the lady ruler of Karcau sighs

Oh Solaric, if he goes on like this I have to marry him! Imagine what a ghastly fate that is!

------

Meanwhile the barkers have entered the jousting lanes again and proclaim the next pairings

Solaric Zekkaran - Narumek the Unforgiving
Aramis de Voisseur - Harvek Muller


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

I'll go see if I can find anyone who's seen anything...suspicious...about de Voisseur. Flofer says, disappearing into the crowd.

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Countess Livgrace wrote:
"Oh Solaric, if he goes on like this I have to marry him! Imagine what a ghastly fate that is!"

"I am trying not to think about it. The vision is far too ghastly for me. But do not fear, your Grace, we will shine the light upon him and show his true colors to the world. I will do everything in my power to see that we will be together."

"Well, I hear my name. I must now depart. Until I see you again, your highness, fare well!"

Solaric gently takes her hand in his and gives it a gentle kiss. He then proceeds back to Dart and gives her a gentle pat, relaxing her before the next round.

"Easy girl, this will be a challenging round, but we must stay calm and let the Inheritor guide us in our every move."

"Blessed Iomedae, you are the light that guides me this and every day. Let me be your servant, a knight that listens to your word. Let me use this lance as you would have me do so!"

Solaric casts guidance upon himself.

As he approaches the jousting ring, he salutes Narumek politely and calls to him.

"I look forward to this match, Narumek! Should you fail, I do hope you will find it in your heart to forgive yourself. However, you should know that I am guided by the almighty Inheritor and I consider it an honor to face you!"

At the drop of the flag, Solaric stirs on his mount and aims his lance toward Narumek the Unforgiving driving it to his head to dismount the formidable knight!

Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek raises his lance in silent salutation as he rides out onto the field. He lowers it as he tilts towards the elf, aiming for his head.

Lance:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Ride:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

His lance goes wide, and he takes the elf's lance to his helm but he shrugs it off like a pesty fly.


Narumek, I am not sure if it made any difference, but in my lost roll I was +3 for damage, not +1. Thus I did a total of 11 points of damage.

"Nice run Dart, you are the best steed I have ever ridden!" Solaric says as he reaches down and pats her neck.

"Does this guy ever fall off?"

Turning around and preparing for another run, Solaric says a prayer of thanks to the Inheritor and casts guidance before he makes another run against Narumek.

"Blessed Inheritor. Thank you for your guidance. Now, by your divine light, open my heart to the faith you have given to all who seek to see and know your face. Let me now go forth to victory in your name! Let it be so!"

Solaric spurs Dart onward with patient resolve. Aiming his lance carefully, he makes another attempt to strike his opponent off of his horse.

Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


It wouldn't have made a difference, the DC for the ride check would have been 16 in that case.

The crowd is divided evenly during that match, Narumek's supporters wave their black flages while Solaric's fans loudly praise the Inheritor!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8
Zyren Zemerys wrote:

The errand boy looks at Victoria as if she was the answer to all of his unanswered prayers

I...yes, m'lady!

he quickly takes your hand and lets himself be guided away by you...

As they walk, Victoria continues her charade...

"I worry about these tournaments, all these swords, all this false bravado. I worry that decent men, men such as yourself could come to harm through the careless actions of others... one of these knights was so drunk he could barely stand, what if a decent man like yourself caused insult to such a knave? What foul tricks might he stoop to to exact petty revenge, as the base jackal seeks to ambush the proud lion... I shouldn't speak of such things, but I feel so compelled, so compelled to give you but a small Ladies blessing to keep you safe? Oh do forgive me but I must..."

Bluff 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

Then Victoria gives him her 'blessing'.

DC17 Will save - Suggestion


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek wheels his steed about and charges again for the pious elf.

Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Ride:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Once again, his lance seems to simply avoid his opponent. He sees the lance coming and throws his body into it aggressively. At the end of the list, he tosses his lance away and retrieves a new one.

DM Zyren/ Heart of Light:

Ich hatte einen Fehler im Karakterblatt--Ruestungsklasse ist eigentlich 27. Wenn wir den laufenden Kampf erst zum Schluss bringen wollen verstehe ich das auch. Noch etwas: Solaric darf sein Religionszauberei nuetzen--also darf ich auch im kampf zaubern? Wurde Solid Note funktionieren? Als er reitet, schuffe ich den Ton vor ihm und dann kaeme er darauf zu...vielleicht.


3rd Run

Solaric let's out a sigh at the sight of his opponent still on his steed. "Blessed Inheritor, give me the patience and the endurance to see this challenge all the way through to the end."

Solaric casts guidance once again and begins his third round with Narumek.

Lance1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

5,501 to 5,550 of 8,255 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.