Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


5,451 to 5,500 of 8,260 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>

Vasti leaves his tent at last - atall man with raven black curly hair. He takes a deep breath from a rose he then hands to his squire and moves over to his charger to get ready for battle.

Meanwhile Solaric has met his next opponent at the jousting lane. Andreanu Salva wasn't able to get through his first round without a wound and so he wears a bandage around his forehead.

He nods as he recognizes Solaric and approaches him

Sir Zekkaran, it's an honour to meet you - I guess you found the same present in your tent as I did?

Grand Lodge

Adranu Salva wrote:
"Sir Zekkaran, it's an honour to meet you - I guess you found the same present in your tent as I did?"

"The honor is mine! However, I am uncertain what you mean about a present. Did you find something unusual or unexpected back in your tent?"


Salva's expression becomes a bit astonished and he explains

Well, the potion - didn't you also receive a potion from the countess?

Grand Lodge

"A potion? From the countess? Are you sure that it was from the Countess Livgrace? Did you drink from it? May I see the bottle , please?"


He raches an eyebrow - the man becomes visibly confused

Wait - was it a posion? I felt better after drinking it and thought it was some kind of boon. I handed the empty bottle to my squire and I don't know where he put it!

Meanwhile the barker calls a last time for Salva and Zekkaran and proclaims that if they don't get battle ready in the next five minutes both have to concede from the tournament.

Grand Lodge

"I am afraid we must Joust, my good sir. I hear the barker calling. However, let me send my trusted friend Harl to investigate and find the bottle. Are you feeling able to compete. " Turning to find the dwarf, he calls out, "Harl, I need you to find Salva's squire and look for a potion bottle, it may be poison. Please make haste and watch your back! There is treachery afoot. I am feeling certain of that."


I'll call for my squire at once - but Sir Zekkaran, I fear I never felt better than today - I doubt you will be able to beat me on this glorious day.

Grand Lodge

Salva wrote:
"I'll call for my squire at once - but Sir Zekkaran, I fear I never felt better than today - I doubt you will be able to beat me on this glorious day."

"That is good, sir, because I am feeling up to a challenge! Let us joust! Good luck, my friend!"

Solaric pulls down the visor to his helmet and then moves into position. He says a brief prayer and casts guidance upon himself.

Blessed Inheritor. Let me be a channel of your will. If it is to be so, then let me win this joust as you would have it be. Be thou the guide that I may following your calling here at this moment.

Guidance +1 to hit

Solaric spurs Dart onward and aims for his opponent's head in an attempt to dismount Salva.

Lance 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Salva also closes his visor, raises his fist into the air to greet everyone and spurs his horse into a wild gallop

Salva attacking Solaric/ Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Hit by the dark elf's lance he tries to remain in the saddle

Ride DC 141d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

and manages it while the crowd roars ecstatically.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Flofer gulps as the knights charge, watching with baited breath.
Um, Harl...I ah...I don't feel well. I think I need...something to eat. Yes, I'll go find something, maybe sit down a bit... With that he disappears into the crowd.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"GRRRRRRR!!! Flofer get out my sight you worthless bag of bones. I'm gonna go look for this damned bottle." After having recieved a description of the squire Harl heads toward the list where the boy should be lurking if he is any better than Flofer at the job.

Grand Lodge

Well done Salva! I am not sure how you stayed on that horse, but that was most impressive!

Solaric returns to position and prepares for the next run. He pats down his horse, reassuring her that she is doing well. He then says a quiet prayer of thanks to the Inheritor.

Thank you beloved Inheritor for guiding me this day and keeping me on my fine horse, Dart.

"Get me another lance, young lad!" He calls out to Flofer. "This joust is not over yet!"


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria, meanwhile, enjoys the spectacle from the galleries with the rest of the courtiers.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Perception:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Flofer turns back to the arena and tries to hop the fence to bring Solaric his lance.
Acrobatics:1d20 - 6 ⇒ (16) - 6 = 10
He hands Solaric his lance, then quickly returns to his previous mission.


Again Salva spurs his horse into action, but his body language shows that he is most impressed by the sturdiness of the dark elf who didn't even flich when the lance impacted!

Salva attacking Solaric/ Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Not concentrated enough he lowers the lance far too much and misses Solaric entirely this time.

Grand Lodge

Solaric asks for guidance, spurs on his mount tries to at least score some points by hitting his opponent.

Blessed Inheritor, guide this moment that I may do your will on this earth.

Guidance +1 To Hit

Lance 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


The lance grazes off Salva's shield and both riders remain in their sadles. As you look up to the countess' box you notice that she bites her lips and squeezes Dumitru's arm whose expression is rather painful.

Another time Salva gallops towards you

Salva attacking Solaric/ Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Grand Lodge

"Quick, give me another lance, boy!

Solaric in the heat of the moment, grabs a lance and spurs Dart forward to makes another attempt!

Lance 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

As he misses, thoughts race through the dark elf's head. Stay focussed, and slow down! Listen to the Inheritor's voice. You need to listen within and hear her guidance. Calm yourself!


The longer the battle goes the more exhausting it is

Ride checks are done with a -1 modificator

Still Salva tries his best to beat the dark elf

Salva attacking Solaric/ Lance 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Grand Lodge

Dearest Inheritor, guide me this moment. Let me be a channel of your will!

Solaric casts Guidance (+1 To Hit)

Solaric urges Dart onward aiming his lance for Salva's helmet in a desperate attempt to finish up the joust!

Lance 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

After the first round of Solarics fight, Johenric turns away towards the library to concentrate on things he understands. Once outside the tournament, he suddenly stops; shakes his head:

I have to set the priorities right.

And he moves back to the tournament place looking for a place from which he can observe best the tournament in regards to magical observation.


Kirk has made his way back to the jousting grounds and now he stands at a distance and watches the round's events unfold.


Solaric's lance bursts on impacts, yet it was a strong attack and Salva has to use all his skill to remain in the saddle

Ride Check DC 111d20 ⇒ 9

while at first it looks like he can succeed in remaining in the saddle, his horse rebels and Salva crashes to the ground.

Applause from the stands and a relieved countess are the result of this round!

Meanwhile Harl has found the squire, but is hardly able to speak to him because of the roaring crowd

What?

the young man asks not understanding the dwarf.

As soon as the applause ebbs away, the barker demands that Narumek the Unforgiving and Lord Stephen Livgrace shall ready their horses and equipment.

Grand Lodge

A sigh of relief comes over Solaric as he realizes that he managed to dismount his opponent.

Glorious Inheritor, I thank you again for this moment. May your glory every reign wherever I may go!

Solaric returns and dismounts to help pull Salva to his feet.

"I hope you are well, my friend. You are indeed worthy competition! Please let me help you to your feet!"


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"Human squires just aren't what they used to be.", Harl says as he grabs the youngman by his collar and shouts as he can, "Where is the bottle that held the potion your master used this afternoon? He may be in trouble so you best not be forgettin' or could be bad for ya, lad."


B...bottle? Oh yeah, it's here!

he hands you an unremarkable glass flask which contains the remains of an orange fluid that smells of musk and cherries.

-----

Salva smiles graciously as he gets up to his feet again...

Well, I think I have never encountered a rider that was so hit to hard as you are! You deserved to win and I think the Inheritor had already reserved your place in the semifinals.

he pats you on the shoulder, grabs your hand and raises it to underline your victory. The crowd applauds and while you hear a lot of people screaming your name, even Salva receives some friendly applause.

Nevertheless, the barker approaches you, bids you to leave the jousting lane and demands that Sir Zekkaran should come to the Countess' box at once.

Meanwhile the next two combattatnts get ready and you are surprised to see that there are already some fans of Narumek waving black flags!


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

And still the Witch watches... the cogs still turning.

Grand Lodge

Salva wrote:
"Well, I think I have never encountered a rider that was so hit to hard as you are! You deserved to win and I think the Inheritor had already reserved your place in the semifinals."

"Well thank you, Salva! You are a most kind, noble and worthy opponent, but indeed the Inheritor has blessed me this day. I pray that I may bring her glory to this realm this day and ever after. Be well, my friend, and may you have Iomedae's blessing in the days to come!"

Solaric embraces the knight and then leads Dart out of the jousting arena.

Where is my squire when I need him? Dart needs his attention and care after such a match. Well no matter, I will take care of her soon enough.

The dark elf walks Dart toward the Countess' booth, ties up her lead line onto a post and then walks up to the Countess' box.

"Well met, your Highness." He greets her with a deep bow and a huge smile. "May I say that you look as radiant as ever!"


The countess beams at you and Dumitru also smiles even though he rubs his aching arm with the countess' fingerprints on it...

Sir zekkaran, the way you just is truely admirable! I have seen many knights before, but never have I seen one like you!

The countess seems to be absolutey stoked, her cheeks burning red and speaking much faster than usually.

Now my cousin is going to face Narumek the Unforgiving - I so hope that he will be able to beat him to meet you in the semifinals!

Grand Lodge

Her Highness, the Countess Sassandra Livgrace wrote:
"Now my cousin is going to face Narumek the Unforgiving - I so hope that he will be able to beat him to meet you in the semifinals!"

"Indeed, I hope it will be so! However, Narumek appears to be one of the strongest knights in this tournament, and it will require great faith and skill. I happily offer Iomedae's blessing upon him that he may prove victorious against the dark knight."

"On another note, your Highness, may I kindly ask if it was it by your graciousness that an elixir was brought to the tent of Andreneau Salva?"


What?

now Dumitru also looks more interested than he did before and he comes closer as the countess says

No, why should I send him a potion?

Grand Lodge

"Well, Salva recently proclaimed to me how grateful he was to have received such a boon from you. Clearly your generosity is an inspiration for all of us, but I admit that it seemed a little unusual under these circumstances. You see, Aramis de Voisseur's opponent was found incapacitated and I believed there was something suspicious afoot. This elixir given to Salva also seemed out of place, and we were concerned that it may have been the same sort of potion used on Olaf Welken. However, it did not appear to be as we suspected. In fact, Salva claimed to have felt better than ever. This is what made me think that somebody planted it in his tent as a guise of a gift from her Grace thinking that it could be used to give Salva an advantage in his joust against me. I cannot help but think that this is the sort of thing that Aramis would do. He is certainly trying to do everything in his power to win this tournament, even if it is unrighteous and unlawful. Captain Dumitru, I believe you have your work cut out for you as you try to retain law and order here during the tournament! I have already sent Harl Marhammer and Kirk Spearborn out to investigate, perhaps they would be able to assist you in your work."


Hellknight 4, Bard 2

Narumek the Unforgiving trots up to the list on his horse, the spikes on his armor glinting darkly. He salutes his competitor briefly, then kicks his heels into the sides of his horse with force. Hurtling along the lists, he carefully aims for the head of Lord Livgrace.

Lance:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Critical damage:2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 = 17


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria goes looking for the next opponent Aramais is set to challenge.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Snatching the bottle out the squires hand an tucking it into his waist pouch,warrior turns on his heel set to find Kirk. "If anyone knows what this stuff is, the boy 'ill."


Kirk is waiting back at Solaric's tent, having just observed the match and sticking around to see this mysterious Narumek compete. "What's that you've found?" he asks Harl as he approaches.

Assuming Harl gives the potion to Kirk, he will give it the most thorough inspection he can manage at the time.

Craft (Alchemy) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 Damn :P


The very superficial inspection only leads to Kirk thinking that this was surely no kind of poison.

----

Dumitru nods and remarks

I sound idea - Aramis would surely use potions and poisons to assure that he is winning. I'll command two of my men to patrol around de Voisseur's tent - just to make sure he does not maipulate during the next rounds.

The countess just squeezes your hand and smiles before she turns to the jousting lane again.

-------

Down there the contrast between the two combattants couldn't be greater: The blonde Stephen Livgrace in his shiny platemail battling the wild Narumek in his blackened armour.

Narumek's lance only grazes Livgrace's shield and the young knight has no problems to remain in the saddle

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage1d8 ⇒ 4

--------------

As Victoria reaches Serenado Vasti's tent she sees the man mounting his horse. He has a large dark-red rose in his hand and deeply inhales the flower's perfume.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"I'd put that down if I were you"


At first the knight doesn't react, only after one of his squires nudges him, he looks over to you and smiles

A an exotic orchid that is jealous of a mere rose?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"No less and no more. I fear treachery though, my good and noble Sir. A gift from the Countess I suppose? If that is so, then it might surprise you to hear she has been rather free with her gifts this evening, unfortunatley, worthy as you are, I fear they have been found to be rather lacking in lustre once exposed for what they are."

"If you please"

Detect Magic
Detect Poison

Grand Lodge

Solaric sits at Sassandra's side affectionately squeezing her hand as they watch the Countess' cousin jousts against Narumek!

"Very well done! That last round looked very strong for your cousin. Let's hope that he can keep it up!"


Hellknight 4, Bard 2
DM Zyren/ Heart of Light wrote:

Livgrace attacking Narumek/ Lance 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Damage1d8 ⇒ 4

A hit, but the lance does not break and no damage?

Narumek the Unforgiving lets the lance deflect off his shield and continues to the end of the list. There he wheels about and retrieves a new lance from a stand for himself. He couches it and charges, aiming just below Livgrace's neck this time. against torso

Lance:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Even though the lance did not break, it still dealt damage.

--------

The countess nods, biting her lower lip she follows every move of her jousting relative.

----------

Salva looks a bit astonished

What? I don't think it was a present of the countess, nearly everyone knows that I'm a great admirer of nature's most beautiful children - roses! I guess it was just one of my many fans. But now you have to excuse me m'lady, there is one Aramis de Voisseur waiting for me to get beaten!

he winks and stuffs the rose under a leather strap of his armplates.

Meanwhile you easily detect the magic aura of the flower, while it is not poisonous it is surely enchanted.


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

"Then I bid you good day..."

Off to Aramais tent then, time to get ahead of the game.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

After handing the bottle over to Kirk, the dwarf stands by looking expectantly. "Well,boy?"he says a bit of irritation in his voice. "Do you know how much of a pain in my rump getting that thing was?"


As you arrive at Aramis' tent, the pompous knight is just starting to don his armour. Well, actually three squires do this job for him while he drinks wine after wine and devours a wagon load full of roasted chicken legs...


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria stays out of the way and waits for him to leave, simply noting his curious eating habits.


Waiting for Narumeks ride check.


"It's not poison, I can tell you that much, but that's about it. I'll need to take this to a friend's lab to give it a good inspection before I can know more." Kirk puts his hand on Harl's shoulder in a friendly gesture, "I appreciate this clue, though, we'll get to the bottom of this sooner or later. Where's Victoria?"


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"I've not seen 'er for a while now, to be honest. I've been on a goose chase after all manner of nonsense today.", says the dwarf to Kirk.

5,451 to 5,500 of 8,260 << first < prev | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.