Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Light

Game Master Zyrenity

An epic search for the Amethyst heptagon leads a party of fresh graduates through the northern reaches of Ustalav. Based in Karcau, the party visits places like the dark Castle Jarovich or the dangerous alleys of Carrion Hill.


5,401 to 5,450 of 8,248 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>

Wow, what a hit!

Kirk, who has been slouched against a wall observing the tournament's festivities, perks up as Solaric enters the jousting lane. His nerves settle as he sees Solaric's aim is steady and true, and he allows a rare smile.


For the next rounds: A lance only deal 1D8. Was just a copy/paste error

The lance hits Wilhelm's helm and a rippling impact goes through the knight's whole body, still he tries to bring his weapon in

Wilhelm attacking Solaric/ Lance/Body1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Damage2d8 + 1 ⇒ (7, 4) + 1 = 12

Then he crushes to the ground and nearly sommersaults carried further by the momentum of his horse.


Does this 1d8 non lethal damage apply to all of the tournament lances in general?

Solaric hangs on tightly, trying to stay safely upon his horse as the blow of Wilhelm's Lance strikes his body.

"I trust in you, O great Inheritor!"

Ride Check 1d20 ⇒ 20

Solaric holds on with great determination and as he successfully finishes his first joust, he rides up to Sir Willhelm, dismounts, and personally helps the man to his feet.

"I hope you are well, my friend. I certainly meant you no harm! Please let me help you to your feet!"


yes.

From under the helmet you hear only some coughing at first, but it soon becomes raspy laughter

Oh well, you didn't have to try to lop off my head, heh! A great rider you are Sir Zekkaran - the Inheritor is indeed guiding your hand and I guess Gorum has turned his eyes away from me, heh.


"Well, I admit, today the light was with me. However, let us hope that she will be guiding my every move when we get out to the Kronstein Ridge and begin smiting the evil that threatens our very existence! Fare well, Wilhelm Vogt! I look forward to our next visit!"

Solaric returns to his encampment and exclaims. "By the guidance of the Inheritor I won the joust, but if I am going to be able to continue in this fashion, I am going to need some lighter armor that I can move in. I don't care what damage I take from that lance. I nearly fell off of Dart once the blow struck. Flofer or Harl, could you kindly go out and find some breastplate that will give me some agility. I need to be able to maneuver as well as withstand a hit!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Solaric, congratulations. You seem to be very good in this battle with horses. Again, my respect to you.

And suddenly Johenrics mind seems to think about something else - far, far away.


"Johenric, I am delighted to see you here! Thanks for coming! You are kind to offer your respects. However, before, you depart, I wanted to ask you about how are you faring with your work here in Karcau. Are you making any progress with the work with the heptagon?"


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

"I told ya,elf! Just gotta stop questionin' yourself.", the oddly excited dwarf yells from where they have gathered.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Well I think I did. I managed to find out the first piece of one of the riddles. In older manuscript the term "Crowned Stone" refers to the mountains now known as Kronstein Ridge. Although we knew this already it shows that I have to work further on the next riddle.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

And after a while Johenric adds:

Well, we are sure now about the Kronstein Ridge!


"Well that certainly confirms my suspicions. Now, does it give any further evidence of specifically where in the Kronstein Ridge? Is the Crowned Stone a single peak or does it refer to the range of mountains? Well, I have no doubt that you are doing your best, my friend. Please continue your work. However, while you are here at the tournament, could you kindly observe Aramis de Voisseurs and see if he is up to something suspicious? He is one knight that I really do not trust here at this event."


Just as Solaric mentions his name you hear the barker call it out too.
Aramis mounts his brown, massive charger and you have to admit that he really looks like a knight in his shiny platemail.

Pretty much at the same moment his opponent tries to get on his horse and fails miserably. The slightly obese man seems so drunk that he is nearly unable to stand!

Judges hurry over to him and after a moment it is clear that Aramis is the winner without even having to lower his lance.


"This is what I am referring to, Johenric. I cannot help but think that Aramis is up to something unlawful. He speaks a good game, but I have yet to see him actually accomplish anything. Now it appears that he is moving up the ranks, without even needing to pick up the lance. Could you kindly investigate his encampment and perhaps that of his opponents to see what trickery is behind all of this?!"


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric bows, moves away and tries to figure out if he identifies some trickery going on.


Solaric decides to approach the drunken knight and determine what happened to Olaf Welken.

"Good day, Sir Welken. What has happened to you, my friend? You appear to have had too much to drink on this first day of the tournament. Did you perhaps forget that you were signed up to compete in the joust? Need I remind you that this is one of the most prestigious events in the land?"


The man's complexion reminds you of a mixture between green and grey and he is hardly able to look up to you

I...shorry...what did you shay? The jousht...oh my head...

The man looks like he is unbelievably drunken and his squires seem to be as surprised by the fact as you are.

One of them helps his master up and shakes his head as he looks over to you.


Solaric immediately questions the squire. "My good servant, what has become of your master? How long has he been like this? Did you see him imbibing of any alcohol recently? I wonder if he has been drugged or poisoned? Tell me all you know, for your master's life may depend on it!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


The rudeness in your speech makes the squire blush, but calmly he says

My good sir, my master needs rest now, nothing else.

and brings Sir Welken into his tent.


"Forgive my directness. I do not mean to be rude, but I simply cannot believe that Sir Welkan would drink himself to such a state when his own good reputation is on the line. This simply seems uncharacteristic of a knight of his caliber. However, if indeed you wish for me to leave your master alone, then I will abide by your wish. However, I do hope you will at least heed my advice and consider all of the circumstances of this situation. If by any chance you do think of something, please let me know. My name is Solaric Zekkaran, I am a priest at the House of the Vigilant Flame."


The squire nods, but without saying anything further takes his master into the tent.

Behind you the barkers proclaim that the first round has ended now and that the second one will begin in less than twenty minutes - which means that this is the last chance for the fighters to get some healing and refreshments.


Solaric returns to his tent and prepares for his next round. He sits calmly in a meditative pose and in prayer he asks for the guidance needed to continue winning at the joust.

Blessed Iomedae, you are my guide. Today, this day, let me be a channel of your will. Let my going in and going out be in accord with all that you would have me do. As the call comes, here am I, send me, use me! I ask this in your name. Let it be so!


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

Seeing the sickened knight puts Flofer over the edge and he shuffles off uncomfortably.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The barkers continue their rounds and soon they proclaim the new pairings of the quarter-final.

Solaric Zekkaran - Andreanu Salva
Narumek the Unforgiving - Stephen Livgrave
Aramis de Voisseur - Serenado Vasti
Gander Tusk - Harvek Muller

Again the knights get ready and there is hectical meovement around some of the tents.

Meanwhile the countess, accompanied by Dumitru and St. Just, has arrived and enters the royal loge which is at the top of the stands overlooking the centre of the tournament field.


"Flofer, Harl, I am nearly all set, can you go kindly investigate Serando Vasti? I fear he may be drugged before he even enters the field. We need to catch Aramis de Voisseur in the act!"

Solaric, armored and ready for the joust proceeds out to the field with his faithful steed Dart and looks for Andreanu Salva.


"Someone should stay with you, Solaric, for support. I'll go investigate Mr. Vasti for you - I'm suspicious of foul play, as well, and I might be able to spot it more easily. I am, after all, a man of many poisons." Kirk makes his way to stake out the Vasti tent, keeping an eye out for Aramis or any of cronies of his that he might recognize.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Knowledge (local) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 about Serenado Vasti, in case I happen to know something about him, already.


Kirk wrote:
"I am, after all, a man of many poisons."

"Thank you, Master Spearborn, but aren't you suppose to say talents?!"


Serenado Vasti is one of the very few men of Varisian origin who has made it into the ranks of Ustalav's knighthood. He is known for his love of flowers and his small castle is called "Rosewall" due to the many rose vines that grow there.

As you walk over to his tent you notice that there are many people standing together right in front of it - it's quite a coming and going too and you have a hard time spotting someone in particular.


Kirk approaches the tent, looking for a squire or servant who might know some more information, or at least where Vasti is.


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

From tomorrow on I will be on a business trip to the ME region. I will be back in the forum by 12.03.2012.


A squire nearly runs into you as you approach the tent. The young man seems nervous and you somehow think you have seen him already somewhere else

Wisdom DC 12:

You remember that the man was one of those who accompanied Aramis to the evening at the opera.


I preume this Wisdom Check is for those who are approaching the tent and not for Solaric who is out at the field looking for Andreanu Salva.


Yup, Kirk only.


Male Human Hellknight 4 Bard 3 HP:71/71; AC:32/27/12

...


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Hefting his door like shield and yanking Flofer to follow him, Harl sets off to check on the status of Solaric's opponent. "Stop yer day dreaming, boy. We've work to be doin'."


Sorry guys, I'm back! Vegas was nuts and I had to write a midterm the second I got back. I've been recovering ever since, didn't have the time to spare checking the forum ;/

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Kirk stops and looks at the young man, but pretends not to notice that he's recognized him.

Bluff 1d20 ⇒ 7 lol

"Have you seen Vasti around here? He's got a match coming up, and I'm curious as to whether or not he'll actually arrive." Kirk takes the time while he speaks to inspect the "squire," looking for something - food, beverage, weapon - that could be used to tamper with someone's ability to compete.

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 again?


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria spends her time being very much the Courtier, keeping her ear out for gossip... she is around if needed, but staying away from anything that might cause scandal.


@ Kirk:

The courtier's face pales instantly as he recognizes you

V...Vasti? Uh, he's in the tent - there!

He points at the tent and quickly walks past you At least he tries^^

You couldn't spot anything that looked suspicious - no bowl of water, bottles, food etc.


"Wait," Kirk says, grabbing the man's shoulder. "What are you doing here?" he says, glaring into the mans eyes and gripping his arm tightly.

Intimidate 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

Johenric walking around the tournament place tries to identify any kind of magic mysteries being used to manipulate the fights. He casts detect magic.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


The supervision done by the tournament mages is well done and so you don't spot any suspicious areas of magic around the tournament place.

@ Kirk:

For a second the man seems to think about attacking you as the knuckles on his other fist turn white, but then he decides to take the coward's route and shouts

Help! Help me! I'm being attacked!

-everyone of you is able to hear that

Dozens of eyes turn towards you - some in astonishment, some in anger...


Cowardly Man wrote:
"Help! Help me! I'm being attacked!"

Solaric, upon hearing the cry, rushes over to the sound as quickly as possible to see what is the trouble.


"No you're not, you pathetic swine - I know what you're up to, and you won't get away with it. Get out of my sight, and don't let me catch you around here again or I'll throw you in a dungeon myself." Kirk squeezes a little harder for just a moment, but then lets the man go. He ignores the crowd around him and shouts after the man, "You know what your crime is - and the crime of your boss! I do too, and now's your only chance to come clean and get let off easy, pig!"


As Solaric reaches the scene, Aramis' squire just melts with the crowd. Many noblemen furrow their brows, some shake their heads - the scene has obviously caused a lot of confusion.

It does not take much longer until two Nightscarves arrive - the presence of the shadowy elite soldiers quickly leads to a dispersion of the crowd and as they recognise Kirk, they just nod and move on - seems like you have some mighty friends!


Male Half-Elf Wizard/9

It seems that Johenric did not pay much attention to the recently occured scene with kirk, instead he says to Solaris;
solaric, according to my perception I can't spot any sign of magical cheating. In Addition this tournament is under magical supervision. As I perceive this as sufficient and I do want to make use of my Time, I want to leave


Johenric wrote:
"Solaric, according to my perception I can't spot any sign of magical cheating. In Addition this tournament is under magical supervision. As I perceive this as sufficient and I do want to make use of my Time, I want to leave."

"Very well, Johenric. I will trust to your opinion. If you are certain that there is nothing ill afoot, then I take you at your word. If you need to use your time for other matters, I completely understand. Good luck in your research, my friend!"

Solaric arrives just in time to see Kirk Spearborn in the thick of things. "Well met, Master Spearborn. I heard a cry and came running. Is everything fine here?"

Turning to the Nightscarves, Solaric adds, "Well met, Gentlemen. We have reason to believe there may be foul play behind the scenes. I urge you to please remain vigilant at all times! If you see anything out of the ordinary, please kindly inform Master Kirk Spearborn or myself."


Female Tiefling (Succubi) Witch HP:57/57, - AC: 11/T:11/FF:10 - Percep: +15(Dark Vision) F: +3/R: +3/W: +8 - CMB: 3 - CMD: 14, Speed: 30ft, Init: +1 Witch 8

Victoria is still staying wide of scandal, and maintaining her presence around the Courtiers, an ear out for gossip and rumour.


The Nightscarves moves close to Solaric and whispers

Exactly that is what Aramis de Voisseur also told us some minutes ago...I

The man is interruped by a nearby barker who procalims that the duel between Salva and Zekkaran starts in five minutes.


Male Dwarf 6 Fighter (Tower Shield)

Harl and Flofer continue to search for the Salva. As they move about the various tents and stalls the dwarf becomes all the more frustrated when here the call to the list. "BAHHHH! You'd think that finding one of these jokers would be easier with all the puffed up showmanship around here."


Nightscarf wrote:
"Exactly that is what Aramis de Voisseur also told us some minutes ago...I"

"He may be speaking the truth, but Aramis is one such individual that I have suspicions about. His opponent in the last round was found completely drunk. I assure you, this is not typical behavior for a knight. There is bound to be something suspicious happening. Well I must depart now. My next round is approaching. Fare well, gentlemen!"

Solaric departs in haste and remounts Dart for his next round of jousting. He then proceeds to try and find Salva before the next round begins.


"The squire whom I just confronted is one of de Voisseur's typical crew - I recognized his face from the dinner party with her Majesty the Countess the other night. When I tried to speak to him, he cried for help and ran. Suspicious behavior, if you ask me, but at least we've got a potential suspect in case anything goes wrong in the next round." Kirk nods in thanks to the Nightscarves, appreciative of the special attention. He waits around the Vasti tent until he actually sees the man emerge, keeping a watchful eye on the tournament for Solaric's performance as well.

5,401 to 5,450 of 8,248 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.