Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


2,551 to 2,600 of 3,652 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>

The Jarl wants the Vernal Key...and he forced the Red Raven to get it for him...that's the whole story, not very epic, but it looks like thge Jarl isn't very keen on icy prisons anymore. And now to my person, I'm called the Wanderer, and actually more than that I'm not...for two centuries I've travelling through Golarion now, collecting stories and meeting people.

The distance between you forbids all sense motive checks.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

And how are you so knowledgable about this Jarl and his desire to have the Red Raven steal the Vernal Key? You seem extraordinarily knowledgable about this whole situation.


A bard should know many a story, don't you think?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Stories yes, but this is not a story, this is what is happening at present. Where did you come by the knowledge that the Red Raven had stolen the Vernal Key, and more particularly that he was taking it to Jarl? This theft occurred but a day ago and unless you chose to wander through these humanoid infested hills in the dark of night in a snowstorm, you obviously spoke with someone ahead of us. So, was it the Jarl? Or the Red Raven who asked you to delay and mislead us?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

From his position in the treeline, still wandering about looking for this fellows friends, the Ogre calls...

"We've met an elven bard
a touch annoying retard
he wont talk straight
begins to frustrate
and soon to be hit very hard"

Attalas seems to be bristling at this fellows evasiveness


The bard grins as he listens to Attalas' song

Hey biggie, you got talent! Oh...how I came to know of the happenings in Azurestone? I met the Red Raven just yesterday evening. He fled from you into the arms of the Jarl - strange, eh? But to understand it, you have to know one detail - the Jarl has robbed the Red Raven's wife - what a pity - but alas, now the whole story has got this heroic touch, mhm?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez looks very confused as she turns to her companions:
The Red Raven stole the Vernal Key, for the Jarl, but was then caught by the Jarl? And the Jarl robbed the Red Raven's wife. Perhaps I spent too much of my youth growing up with demons, but something just does not make sense in this guys story.


Oh come on...you didn't get the timeline right...The Jarl wanted the key, so he decided to steal the wife of the best thief in all of Golarion and forced him to get the key for him...now the Red Raven is on his way to bring the key to the Jarl...


M Human Evangelist 6

"I'm waiting for the point were I'm supposed to care."


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti sound a bit bored repeating the same basic correlations again.
We get key for village - get paid. We rescue Ravens wife - get paid.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

And of course we'll probably have to end up doing both...

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Grab key, unlock wife. Attalas can beat up the Garll. This red storyteller, what we do with him? If he live, he tell our story, then Mobo be renouned Chief." Speaking to the bard, gesturing at him with the gun, "You know where Red Bird is? How to get there?"


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Still bored by the need to explain this again.
Even without any other reason - doing both is probably the best way to get paid for both.


M Human Evangelist 6

I'm half tempted to go "Go toe to toe with an ancient djinn and his cadre of elite giant warriors for a complete stranger and his complete stranger wife? F*!# that! Let's go back and pillage the village."

"Oh gods I can see it now. One won't leave without the other and it will be true love and all incredibly soppy. One or the other will die and...yes almost not worht the pay. But looting the creatures vault however..."


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

I am half tempted to say 'Go oh glorious warrior, find out that a whole village existing at the very edge of civilization can probably clobber any not too experienced cleric to death, regardless of the blurry delusions of power he might have...'


M Human Evangelist 6
Kostinantio Vishki wrote:
I am half tempted to say 'Go oh glorious warrior, find out that a whole village existing at the very edge of civilization can probably clobber any not too experienced cleric to death, regardless of the blurry delusions of power he might have...'

"So why aren't they the ones going after the damn key?" :P


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

whole village =/= handful of hardened individuals ;-). Easy to surround the blood thirsty berserk with a hundred villagers and just stone him to death, hard to bring that same one hundred villagers all the way to the Jarls castle alive.


M Human Evangelist 6

It's hard to stone people when you're on fire. :D Anyway we're going there anyway so you can get off the hook so Ragnvald won't try to kill you for being a deceitful traitor. After that you can take the job of wrangling this bunch of psycho's since it seems Nymeria has just hid herself in her head to cry.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Does the Jarl have a good store of food? While we are always interested in loot, the goblin and the ogre REALLY like food.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Even though I'm just little,
Like food charred- ice is brittle.
Slathered in brine and spittle,
Lunch! Or we're noncommittal!"


Oh yeah...rumour has it that he has halls full of mead and dozens of oxens are roasted on spits all the time in the throne room of his icy palace!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"...so which way again!?" Attalas seems rather perked up again.


The route you were about to take is absolutely the right one - but watch out, they have set up a trap at beginning of the gorge.

The elf shouts back, waves goodbey and begins to decend the hill.

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo waves back.

"This be good story. Good guys always meet strange weird-talking storyteller or dragon in disguise in good stories. Now we know about trap, unless telling us was trap. If so, then we find elf and eat his tongue so he can't tell bad stories."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez watches the elf leave and wonders what barbecued elf tastes like.

Well, lets continue onward. Perhaps boomstick master should scout a little to see what they have set up for an ambush. It is always better to ambush the ambusher rather than the other way around.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti will look out for any signs of an ambush, when they get closer to the gorge. Of course, he isn't that perceptive, but he did spot the last one...
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Or just eat the Elf, does the same thing Mobo"

The big lunk looks at his little buddy like he just won a major victory in the heavy thinking stakes.

"I don't hide so well, but hey, who'd be stupid enough to try ambush an Oger!?"


Male Human Paladin 8

Meanwhile in the bushes near Turtleback Ferry a paladin sneezes.


M Human Evangelist 6

"Feh. Fine let us destroy this trap and raid the Jarl's larders. I hunger."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Hey Mobo and Attalas, there appears to be a tasty paladin near Turtleback Ferry. Bet he would be filling.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

I thought the situation was both coincidental and entertaining!


As you climb the last knoll before the gorge, you can make out a mixed band of armed men in front of it. They seem to have a fiery argument - two massive bnugbears swing their maces threateningly at a slender elf and some humans while a score of goblins still seems undecided which group to follow.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas appears as indecisive as the Goblins, he too is confused as to which side to take.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Should we announce the arrival of King Mobo?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Mobo peers down at the throng, looking for telltale signs of tribe or clan, and if any other surprises lurk nearby. Boomstick and dogslicer drawn.


M Human Evangelist 6

"It's tempting to let them kill one another and sort out the winners is it not?"


The goblins have pale blue tattoos, mostly tribals on their backs and shoulders.

Knowledge Goblin stuff:

They are members of the Ice Spider Clan. They rule the mountain ridge and the the southern parts of the Boarwood...rule in this case means that their illusions of grandeur make them believe they would rule...

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Knowledge Goblin Stuff (local) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"These be Ice Spiders. Very strong, rule big area of ridge and Boarwood. Bugbears probably their slaves. Dunno 'bout elf though. If elf squishy we feed it to Elf-Wart." Looking over the fight, "Let's go join the fun! Ice Spiders will help us or they meet the wrong end of my ogre's sword."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez grins as the goblins enthusiasm and cheerfully follows behind Mobo next to Attalas like she is Mobo's bodyguard.

Lead on Mobo, King of Goblins. Lord of the Boomstick.


The dispute falls silent as soon as Attalas' monumental figure begins to descend the hill. The bugbears look at easch other, then at the goblins, then back to Attalas and finally decide to find a new employer!

They rush over to you and before you can react begin to shout

Elf makes ambush against you! We not fight ogre lord, we serve, we help, we crush elf and eat his marrow!

The ice spider goblins seem undecided for a moment, then follow the bugbears and bump into their backs once the burly creatures stop


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald stifles a hearty laugh and has to step behind Attalas to hide his face.


The really funny thing is that the module is written for a band of glorious good adventurers, so the bugbears would have every reason to kill you - but hey, that wouldn't be realistic, after all you are a wild band of mercenaries!


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria lays low for the moment, staying out of sight behind the madder ones.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Puffed up with swagger, Mobo eyes the Ice Spiders for any signs of shamen, or potential mates. Arms folded over his chest, Mobo grins and waits for his large friend to speak.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Deciding that this could be fun, Jez steps forward: You all may bow to his lordship Attalas, Swordmaster of Absalom. And his Royal Highness, Mobo, King of the Boomstick tribe.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Lol - that roll is really not going to help things much.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas approaches the Bugbears and gets up close so he can confer and converse, his eyes darting across to the Elven led band occaionally.

"Oi" he addresses the Bugbears, sword over his shoulder and brows knitted in concentration "Who the boss here?" he gestures to the two bugbears awaiting their response.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti, looking a bit puzzled, stays with Nymeria, curious how this will turn out.


The bugbears looks at Attalas and return the formal greeting Oi you too! then they look back at the elf and snort He no good leader, he making only promise, pay no gold, not give meat, he bad chieftain, we follow you now! Then you are new boss, and King Mobo too...old boss, Red Bird not good, gone into gorge, will not come back - dead boss = bad boss, yes! The bugbear seems satisfied by that insight.

The goblins have meanwhile scurried past the bugbears and look at Mobo, among them are too especially disgusting females with gaunt faces and crooked noses. They are more or less naked except some ragged furs that hang around their skinny bodies

You King Mobo of Boomstick Tribe? it sounds a bit like they have already heard of you...


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald keeps silent for now letting the mighty lords take the lead for now.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"So the Elf over there was the Boss?! He tell you to come kill us and then promise payment he didn't deliver?" - it seems as though Attalas is soon to make a rather brutal decision. "What you got to say there skinny?" Attalas half grunts towards the Elf.

2,551 to 2,600 of 3,652 << first < prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.