Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


2,301 to 2,350 of 3,647 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 As Mobo follows behind all he can see are large footprints as if made by some sort of ogre-like creature...


Before you reach the next hilltop, Kosti suddenly stops

Kosti:

Behind a large pile of azure quarrystones, you can make out two small figures who stick a long wooden pole into the pile to cause an avalanche!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Oh good we are stopping, is it lunchtime?"


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti puts a hand on our guides shoulder (or one of the band of misfits if he accidentally got ahead of our guide - he will of course pick the first in line) and waits for him to stop and look up, then nods in the direction of the ambushers.

Look at that rockpile, you see any way of getting closer without getting in the way of the rockslide?


Ost stops, he looks at you like he can't believe you have spotted something he didn't

What's the problem with it? The stones won't start sliding as long no one helps them HAHAHA

...the tall elf laughs out loud...but he just overdos it...


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald, not being an idiot, pointedly distances himself from he elf leading them.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez squints her eyes and carefully watches the part-elf trusting him about as far as she can throw him - which is actually a pretty good distance come to think of it.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Is rock slide anything like boar sled?"


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti grabs the clothes covering the guides shoulder so he could not just run away without some resistance, then he uses prestidigitation to create a little, not bright but slightly warm flame in his other hand, putting that next to Osts face.

And we would not want anybody to do that, would we? Just as we would not want this flame to turn int a scorching ray and turn your face into a smoldering crater of burned flesh...

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo's eyes lock on the flame, and a too-wide grin spreads over his face as he watches what unfolds.


Ost is totally confused now

What? You think...you think I had prepared an ambush? My dear sir, I'm a well-known man for a lot of things but being a thief is not among them! Why don't you tell your muscled friends to skirt up there and take a look?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look over at Attalas and then reach down and pick up about a 10 pound stone which I had to him.

Attalas, you want to toss this up there, see if it spooks whoever is up there.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Then you better stay out of the way as we take care of the brigands.

Kosti plans to to keep behind Ost (in terms of distance) during the likely combat, so he has a chance to see if he does anything funny. Since he does not enjoy melee anyway, that should be managable.


M Human Evangelist 6

"Why don't we all go up there?" Ragnvald growls. "Let's not split our hunting party. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to our huntsman friend here." Ragnvald lies.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas hefts the rock up and loads it into his sling...

Then he begins following on, ready to unleash the chunk of stone at the least provocation.


Now that you are out of the way of the rockslide "the brigands" realize that the moment of surprise and possible ambush has passed. Quickly they flee down the hill - from what you have seen of them they looked like two halflings or gnomes - Care to rush after them or let them go?

Ost seems higly annoyed by the forced break

A stony avalanche of death...not very imaginative...I guess they are friends of the Red Raven...


M Human Evangelist 6

"Mmmm yes." Says Ragnvald looking pointedly at Kosti.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Considering their size, they probably hope we chase them into a better ambush. Our task is to turn the Raven red, not chase half starved midgets.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"What? I no see my clan... oh those kind of half-starved midgets."

How far are they from us? Within any reasonable shooting distance?


Like 200 ft.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

That would explain why the Raven would be so easy to follow - if he had the ambush set up, he probably tries to slow us down to get away. We should try to follow him. I guess his tracks will be harder to follow from here on, though!


Maybe for you, but nor a skilled huntsman like me. Ost adds and takes a sandwich out of his pack.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez looks at the sandwich and then turns to Mobo. Any chance you have some more of those leftovers in your pocket?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"A few hobgoblin toes left!" Mobo brandishes the jar of pickled digits. "So why we chasing this Big Bird? Kost-achoo says Big Bird wants us, and poofs us here, so he poof us here for big game of Hide and Go Stab? Hmm usually there is haystacks and the stabbers get pitchforks to find the hiders... This bird a sneaky cheater. It'll be fun!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez takes one of the pickled toes and begins to chew on it.

Mobo, want a ride, you can sit on my shoulders where you will have a better view. Just don't start shooting your boomstick next to my ears.


Ost takes his time to eat his sandwich before he follows the path once again

This is really easy...nearly embarassing that a man of his reknown does not come up with something more imaginative than just running away. Did I tell you how I once hunted down the fearsome chimera of Blackwood? That was an adventure of epic quality. It was like this...

Ost uses the rest of the day to tell you about the various types of monsters he has already hunted - after some hours their names and species mix more and more and the last story ends with him killing the necrotaurdragonwyvern of Demonskull Mountain...


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I killed a Paladin once, he was mean."

Attalas just lets the comment sink in as he walks.


Yeah, being mean is never good, my big friend. Ost totally ignores the scary bit of information in your last statement.

Over there, under the bluff we should make our camp. he says and strides over to the large rock protruding out of the heath.

I will take the first watch.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

None of us should watch alone - if we are that close to the Red Ravens fellows, we should better be safe then sorry


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

We always have at least two people on watch.

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 <-- I am always watching trying to determine what, other than his own ego, this fool is tracking.

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Hopping down from Jez's shoulders, Mobo starts taking off his hat, poncho, and has his loincloth partially lowered before he realizes that the hunter didn't say buff.


Ost doesn't notice the goblin's antics and after you have made plans who shares the watch with whom, you enjoy the night in the relative safety of the bluff.

The next morning a mild breeze wakes you up - Ost has already readied his pack and looks eager to continue the search

Today we will reach the Boarwood, I hope you are ready for some woodland encounters, gentlemen. Oh yeah, that reminds me of my travels through the Mierani Forest where I battled the giant cats of Uzdun. Fierce beasts about the size of a shed!


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti mumble someting about them probably being more likely the size of a sled. Hopefully he can prepare his spells while the rest of the group collects their stuff. if so, his new array is:

spells::

0:Detect Magic, Daze, Acid splash, Prestidigitation
1:Mage Armor, Charm Person, Magic Missile, Color Spray
2:Scorching Ray, Invisibility


Yeah, enough time for that

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Well everyone prepares, Mobo turns over stones and rummages through brush for breakfast.

Survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Mobo is lucky and finds a caterpillar the size of his forearm!

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo offers up a slice of caterpillar to all of his friends before stuffing the rest in his maw.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez cheerfully accepts the slice of caterpillar. As usual, she casts purify food and drink on it. While she enjoys the taste of the goblin cuisine, she is unsure whether her part non-demon metabolism can handle it.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria eyes the caterpillar but graciously declines.

Um...no thanks, Mobo!


M Human Evangelist 6

Munching on roasted Caterpillar Ragnvald broods.

Adjusting prepared spells.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Too small" Attalas dismisses the caterpillars.

On the other hand, he seems pretty enlivened by the word that there could be trouble coming.


Well, yeah...

Ost arches an eyebrow but does not inquire further.

Once everyone has packed his or her belongings, the huntsman leads you to the edge of the Boarwood.

A vast woodland with some low hills in it - an area at least as large as a small fiefdom, but Ost does obviously not see a problem in that.

I know the way, don't worry. Aaaaand - I'm still able to follow his tracks.

He leads you into the wood and after about four of five hours walking through the dark firs, you reach a large glade that must have been reated by a large fire. The surrounding trees still carry scorch marks.

Ah yes, we're exactly where I thought we are. That reminds me of the forest of the Dryad Forest far north of here, they too had such a glade and they were all naked, hah!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Naked! That's rude!" Attalas seems rather shocked at the thought of such a display.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez just shakes her head at the strange ways of the "civilized" races. Naked? You obviously have not spent much time among demonspawn.

I look around the glade trying to figure out what is here.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

When Ost mentions the tracks, Jez inquires: Where are these tracks? You seem to have been following them with great ease, I would have thought that one as sneaky and infamous as the Red Raven would be better at covering his tracks.


M Human Evangelist 6

"That's because we are being led by the nose." Ragnvald says finally letting the bomb drop looking suspiciously at Ost.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jex looks down at Mobo: Are pickled noses as good as pickled fingers and toes?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas checks his nose carefully. He then looks at the guide most carefully, his eyes narrow to their usual expression of suspicion.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Pickled fingers, pickled toes,
Just as tasty pickled nose!
Down the hatch in brine it goes,
Castoff bits of yummy foes!"

Mobo sings gleefully as his eyes too squint at the prim and proper huntsman.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Survival:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Looking for tracks...

2,301 to 2,350 of 3,647 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.