Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


2,251 to 2,300 of 3,647 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>

Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Stupid key" Attalas looks about. "Let's go get to work, then we get more gold, so then I can get better weapons and armour... so I can do more work and get more gold"

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"So big bird poof us here, then steal key... we find key, get blamed by big bird and town..." Mobo looks forlorn as he tries counting out the plots on his fingers, then looks to his trusty firearm. "Boomstick gonna need more bullets to solve this."


The mayor lays his arm around Jez for a moment...actually a very short one - his survival instinct instantly kicks in and he dismisses his usual jovial "I'm everyone's best friend" behaviour.

We have a very skilled tracker who knows the Boarwood - the place where all highwaymen of this region live - pretty good. His name is Ost...Ost Untamoinen. You'll find him at the Deerstalker's Lodge.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez looks at the Mayor and shrugs when he suddenly jerks away, having seen similar reactions when people put their arms around her shoulders and suddenly feel the dragon scales that are there.

Does the Dearstalker's Lodge serve good venison? And to you know much about the Untamanamoiname? Anything that would help us to gain his services. As I am sure you know, neither "Wild Bunches of Mercenaries" nor skilled trackers are cheap.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


His name is Ost Untamoinen...er...yeah, they serve very good venison and surely I know that this is going to be costly...maybe you could shed some light: Of how much are we talking?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I carefully watch the Mayor to determine how much he is willing to pay for the return of his treasured key.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Well, last time we were paid 5000 gold sails to retrieve information on a missing tax collector and return the unpaid taxes to Magnimar. This sounds substantially more dangerous, and the Vernal Key sounds like it is very important to the livelihood of your fine community.


There is a thunderous noise as the jaws of all the assembled villagers hit the ground in unison

Wait what? How heavy are these gold sails you speak of? They can't be worth more than a silver piece, right? I mean, yes, the Vernal Key is surely worth so much, but we just don't have so much money - we can pay you 1000 - but that is the absolute maximum!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look to my companions and shrug. Turning back to the mayor: Well, it is not a lot. I understand you plight, but I will have to speak with my companions to determine what we shall do.

I then look to the others for their input.


M Human Evangelist 6

"If it's round, golden, spends well and there are lots of them I will be satisfied. But be sure I can count quite high."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look back to the Mayor. What do you know about this Raven character? Could we take whatever loot we find on him or whoever stole the Key?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Like what Ragnvald says" echoes Attalas.


Yes, yes - take all the loot from his men and him that you can find, we only want the Key back. He is a most evil man, scourge of Galt and slayer of the innocents! the dubious looks of the villagers are enough to uncover that lie, but the mayor - responsible for collecting the taxes - maybe really thinks that way of a highwayman who takes from the rich and gives it to the poor.

So do we have a deal? the mayor slowly puts his hand forward, most probably hoping Nymeria will strike the deal.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Now, why would we possibly strike a deal. If you wish to put up your gold as a reward, we will probably take on that challenge. However, I am not too keen on striking deals that we may not be able to keep. I cannot say that I am the biggest fan of law and order, however, I know what we can and cannot do. And in this situation, I have no idea how powerful this Raven is, or even if he is responsible, so I cannot agree to such a deal.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"How good a tracker is this Just-A-Moment? Do we have to share shinies with him too?"


Yeah, yeah, I can see your point...if you just promise to do your best to find the Vernal Key that is enough for me!


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria looks at the mayor but does not offer her hand in return.

I'm sorry, but they're right, this doesn't seem honest. Tell us what's going on, the whole story, and then we'll decide whether or not to help. I don't want to get mixed up in something I don't fully understand, I think we all had enough of that in the courtroom... she says, looking at the rest of the group.


Now the mayor seems genuinely surprised - all his hopes rested on Nymeria...his face takes on a shade of purple...

Huh? What? Ok, I'll explain it again - the Raven has stolen the Vernal Key and ran away with it....WHAT DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look at Nymeria: True, there justice was not only blind, it was also undead.

The funny thing is that I am typing this from my phone while sitting in a courtroom and waiting for the ancient judge to show up.


lol...watch out for the hangman!


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria simply raises her eyebrows admonishingly at the mayor as if to say "Now you know that's not polite"


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Just chiming in to tell I am still there while Kosti is anxiously waiting for the rest to come along...


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas simply follows...


M Human Evangelist 6

A bemused Ragnvald also follows...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, it looks like the theft of the Key has rather dampened the cheer of the festival. I suppose we might as well see if we can find this Red Raven guy. Perhaps he will have an ogre bodyguard who wishes to give Attalas his armor.

We head off to find the tracker and then set forth to find this guy. No need to resupply since Mobo and Attalas will just eat all the supplies anyway requiring us to hunt for more within a day or two. -- Unless one of you needs to resupply.


You meet OSt Untamoinen in the Deerstalker's Lodge, the half-elf has a noble bearing and an upper-class accent - something you truely wouldn't have expected. He is tall and lean and looks pretty much like an elf. His weapons, a lcomposite longbow and a handaxe looks like they are the products of very skilled craftsmen. As you approach his table he looks up and says

Uh... as he sees Attalas, Mobo, Ragnvald and Jez, but adds a Oh hello as soon as he notices Kosti and Nymeria.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Sir, I would love to spend some time with introductions, but I am afraid I have to skip the corteous words, because time seems to be of essence. I take it you noticed the hickledy piggledy outside? That is the noise of an encroaching panic because some dastardly thief has taken the vernal key. Now I, along with these unlikely band of travellers, have agreed to try to get the key back to Azurestone - alas, while I know my way around well enough, I lack the intimate knowledge of the lay of the land a native would have, so I thought 'Why don't be on the sure side and ask a knowledgable guide if he would be willing to aid us?' and so I do!

Kosti speaks fast, almost too fast, his eyes locking the stranger, his face showing concern fitting the grave situation.


Ah, the Red Raven, the infamous highwayman and protector of the weak - my dear sir, you have done right contacting me. I'm a hunter of great reknown and a trophy like the Red Raven is still missing in my collection - we have a deal!


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti tries hard to only groan on the inside...

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"A pretty bird you will see,
Take from it a new trophy,
Come and help us find the key,
...Wait, why are we unlikely??"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Uh yes, just like the boy in the goblin costume says.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Now Kosti tries not to snicker.
After he catches himself he replies to Mobo
Well,you don't see many companies containing a Goblin, an Ogre, a...whatever spawned that pretty lady, an Ulfen and a half elf. The rarity of such companies alone makes them appear unlikely - as in 'a rare thing'.


And I like rare things!

Ost gets up, takes his bow and pack and nods to the door

We do we still stand here idle while the villain escapes?! Follow me friends of the hunt!


M Human Evangelist 6

Rgnvald growls softly and mutters to Attalas as he follows just to see where this leads. "Not entirely sure I can trust a huntsman that smells strongly of soap and speaks like a spoiled prince."


We=why -_-


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez just shrugs feeling as though things are moving a bit too fast. Nonetheless, she follow the new tracker out in the wake of her friends, large and small.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Lead on then... Nymeria says, not sure why this stranger is being so friendly to an even stranger group.

Sense Motive:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6
Ragnvald Hrolfson wrote:
Rgnvald growls softly and mutters to Attalas as he follows just to see where this leads. "Not entirely sure I can trust a huntsman that smells strongly of soap and speaks like a spoiled prince."

"Somebody's gotta be bait, right?"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look over at Mobo - We now have three elves for that purpose.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Righto, lead on!" Attalas looks happy to be chasing something.


M Human Evangelist 6
Mobo Bang-Dead wrote:
Ragnvald Hrolfson wrote:
Rgnvald growls softly and mutters to Attalas as he follows just to see where this leads. "Not entirely sure I can trust a huntsman that smells strongly of soap and speaks like a spoiled prince."
"Somebody's gotta be bait, right?"

Ragnvald laughs deeply and heartily before muttering "Indeed."


Ost strides out of the tavern, raises his index finger and comments

Hah, perfect wind conditions for a hunt - where did you say did he leave the village?

the villagers around you stare at the tall half-elf, all seem to wait for some kind of expert statement about how to do the chase.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Still groaning on the inside, Kosti points in the general direction.
I think the Boarwood lies that way - wouldn't that be a good place for a thief to, let's say hide or dissappear?


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

He went off north.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look over at Attalas and Mobo: This Boarwood hunt is already boring, wonder how long it will be until we catch this Red Raven.
____________

Jez then begins to hum a cheery tune:

Red Raven, Red Raven, run run until;
Our brave party catch you we will;
You stole the key, which was not nice;
So forfeit life will you thrice.
Mobo's boomstick a hole in your head will make;
Ragnvald's sword across your gut it will rake;
But fear of Attalas you end will foresee;
As the noble ogre your head will knock free.
Even if you run as fast as your legs go;
Catch you we will and your life will end in one blow.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

'Hah! I like that!'


Ah yes, that is why you hired me - the beautiful maiden says he's run north, but my friend here says he has run to the Boarwood - but the Boarwood is south of us! So we need my genius to find out who's right.

Ost moves to the place Nymeria indicated and after checking the tracks explains

You're both right, he fled north but then skirted around the village to the south - follow me, we're on the hunt! Sound the mort!

Ost begins to jog and only stops from time to time to check the tracks

This is so easy! He even stayed on the road, what an idiot!

The road winds through the low hills south of Azurestone which are now scarred and pitted by the rock quarries that give Azurestone its name. The packed dirt path picks its way through rocky hills covered with bush and scree.

Perception roll pls DC 23


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 10

It takes about half an hour before Attalas starts to complain.

"You movin too fast!"

"My armours heavy"

"My feet are sore"

"Can't we just walk to his house? He's gotta live somewhere right?"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

What a strange man. With this pace, it is like he is running us into a trap.

Hi ho, hi ho;
It's off to death we go;
We'll run all day and fight all night;
....
Oh, sh!t.
Jez trips over a rock in the path breaking off her next cheery tune.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
His company keeps Kosti on the edge, apparently, so his senses are keener then ever before...


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Might be a while before anything significant comes out of ragnvald. I have to rebuild his sheet somehow.

2,251 to 2,300 of 3,647 << first < prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.