Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


2,001 to 2,050 of 3,652 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria raises her eyebrows at Jez and follows Ragnvald to the bar.
Have you got a salad and some wine? she asks politely.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Evangelist 6

"Ale for her too." Ragnvald says to the barman not wishing to start a brawl over something as stupid as an insulting drink and food order.


Frightening neough, though

All eyes are on you as you cross the room and the bartender gulps audibly as he begins drawing beer.

Trying to lighten up the atmosphere he babbles

yeah, uh hey, welcome...uh where are you people from, huh?

from somewhere in the back it echoes hell or worse!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I shout to the commentator in the back: Hell? Hell no, none of us follow rules closely enough to follow the infernal ways. But, if you wish to know more about me, feel free to get in touch with my mother in the Worldwound.

Turning back to the barkeep with my prettiest smile: Evening sir. As my Ulfen friend said, we would like a round of good ale, and make it a pitcher for my big friend. Gesturing to Attalas.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo whispers to Ragnvald, "What is saahl-lad??"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas just sits quietly and awaits his food and drink. "Reckon they are just worried about a Goblin and an Ogre walking into their bar... hey that sounds like the beginnin of a joke!" He sits there smiling away to himself, clearly working out a bunch of imaginary punchlines to some great untold hilarity.


M Human Evangelist 6
Mobo Bang-Dead wrote:
Mobo whispers to Ragnvald, "What is saahl-lad??"

Ragnvald shrugs off the outburst.

"It is where they chop a bunch of vegetables and mix them with vinegar and oil. Only worth joining a meal whenever a slab of an animal's flank is served alongside it. But here I only wish to drink...and perhaps forget."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Did we get some reward for retrieving the tax money?


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Um, yeah, right, an ale I guess! Nymeria says, blushing a little.


You received 500 gp upfront!

The bartender was still thinking about how to make a salad and he looks pretty relieved that it is just an ale in the end.

At once m'lday! soon ale, spare ribs, slices of roasts and a very long bread are brought to your table.

And while you still unnerv the other guests, they return to their talks...which are a bit more hushed now.

entrance the new guy!


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

A man, one of the wandering natives from the looks of him, steps to the bar, right beside the strange fellowship that just entered. He is slightly taller then the average man in this Inn, long, shining black hair flows around his neck from beneath a red and blue bandana, he wears traditional Varisian clothing with streaks of colour wherever it may fit, largely blue, red and orange.

For those who know a little about the Varisians:
Those are the colours of a confident man, largely representing vigor, health, strength, luck and recourcefulness

Hints of tattoos can be seen where his sleeves end and one can easily see that he must wear a pendant or amulett of some sort tugged beneath his shirt. He presents a warm, winning smile that echoes in his sparkling green eyes.

Please, allow me to take care of your fare this evening, for the privilege to share your table.

ZZ:
I guess the Red Raven has endowed me with a little money to get into contact, if not, please let my leftover gold be enough for this ;-). You might need to assist me with the presentation of my task.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"You have enough shinies to feed Mobo and Attalas?! You must be shaman to carry that much coin. Chiefs never know how much they have."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

The little blue haired girl with a huge sword slung over her back looks over at you: And why are buying an ogre, a goblin, an Ulfen and a demon dinner? Oh, and an elf.

The blue haired girl pauses for a minute. Must be the elf.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The little girl then picks up a piece of rather extra rare, or perhaps just uncooked, piece of meat and takes a bite while watching the newcomer.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Loud enough for everybody to hearYou seem like the most interesting company the road may bring forth and I am always eager to hear the stories the road tells and with a lower voice only for the blue haired lady and those closest to her And for reasons I will happily explain over dinner, mylady.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look over at Mobo and giggle: He called me a lady, boy he has something to learn.

Turning back to the new man. Then let us eat dinner, do you have enough for the whole pig? That is usually what the goblin eats, when horses are not available. And I am sure Attalas, the ogre, is hungry as well. Don't worry about the elf, I am pretty sure she subsists on leaves or twigs or roots or something else generally considered inedible by most intelligent races.


The other customers just make dismissive gestures as the loud Varisian introduces himself, they have had enough of the strange band...the first sailors even leave, most probably because the ogre's presence is too much for them to take...

the bartender quickly brings a new round of beer and scurries back behind his bar - for a moment you think he exhaled in relief oncehe is behind the sheltering furniture...

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Colored human pay for meal,
Flame and fork make piggie squeal,
Horse dessert would load the deal,
And leaves I guess for elf appeal."


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0
Jezbazeel Ruckskal wrote:
...I am pretty sure she subsists on leaves or twigs or roots or something else generally considered inedible by most intelligent races.

I can and have done that... Nymeria says quietly ...but not by choice. I do like other food though! she says, spearing a couple slices of meat and chewing thoughtfully.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

The Ogre looks at the Goblin while it spouts its rhyme, for a moment he calculates his response, then bellows.

"Could this lovely gift be real?
Will he buy us lumps of veal?
Will the elf he slowly feel?
If thats the deal then I say SEAL!"

Attalas bursts into laughter...

Wiping away the tears, Attalas leans over to high five Mobo.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo jumps up and slaps the hand of his mighty comrade with his own.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Following her more eloquent companions:

Ah yes, dinner is real fine;
Fortunately, the elf got no wine;
Now cheer and eat food thats good;
For on the morrow we may have but wood.


The crowd is divided while some begin to hum along others just roll their eyes - however, most probably you don't have to worry, avantgarde is never easy to understand for the common people...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

We could begin mashing heads until they show more appreciation of our monstrous art.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kostinantio smiles at times during the unusual poetry, then settles down to eat and drink with the strangers. After a while, when everybody seems contend with the food and the beverages, he almost casually asks the company around him:

Magnimar always was a city kind to seeming misfits - and don't take that as an insult, please, I have, at times been called worse myself, but I admit I have never seen a company quite like you. May I ask what brings you to this city? - And by the way, I must apologize for my rude manners. My name is Kostinantio, or Kosti for short.

ZZ:
I have to leave early tonight. If the talk leads there feel free to take over and have Kosti explain the situation at hand hopefully winning the company over for the worthy task the Raven has for them


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez offers her hand: Jezbazeel, Jez for short. Nice to meet you Kosti. What brings you to Magnimar. We are here having just returned from putting down some opposition to tax collectors in the hinterlands.

Oh, and let me introduce my companions. The little guy - pointing at Attalas - is Attalas, an ogre with the heart of a kitten. My greenish friend here is Mobo, he is responsible for most of the party's poetry. Next, the elf is Nymeria, she attempts to be the party conscience, not that it helps much. And last, but not least, the one still covered in blood from our last outing is Ragnvald, Ulfen warrior. And, as I said, I am Jez - the little girl with a big sword.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

The hinterlands are a rough place, but I never thought of Magnimar as making such a bloody business out of collecting a few coins. That sounds like you have left the lively part out of that story - as you don't seem like a band of tax collectores, either.

And me? I was born in this city and even the people of the road crave to see their place of birth once in a while, especially if they have been travelling alone for a while.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I just needed a job" Attalas offers reassuringly. "Even an Ogre has to eat, right?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

I studied magic here in Magnimar, but now I am...well, I suppose Jez has it right, I try to keep them from killing everyone! Nymeria says, half joking and half exasperated.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Reassured that the putting down of tax opposition was just a job, Kosti smiles again, leaning over the table a bit and continues to speak in a low voice.

Perhaps I could interest you in, let's say another job worthy of your attention

Enter the Gamemaster to explain the offer Kosti makes


Kosti uses the following minutes to explain in detail why he has come to Magnimar:

He's a member of the Band of the Red Raven, one of the most infamous thieves and brigands in all of Galt.

Recently the Red Raven's beloved fiance was kidnapped and brought to a secret place, a place the Raven himself dares not to enter.

So he has come up with the idea to send members of his band out in the world to find the best adventurers there are and bring them to Azurestone in galt where the Raven's base is.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"So you are telling me 'lets go on a secret mission' then?" Attalas asks, but there is a strange expression growing on his face...


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti tries very hard to make sense of that expression, since leaning forward brought him well into the reach of the Ogre...

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

alas, the expressions of Ogres are hard to read for a ahem...human

I don't know details myself, I think the Raven feared if one of the men he sent out was captured, the kidnapper might learn he was already on to him. As for secrecy, yes, it should be kept secret for whom you might work and in what matter, apart from that, he told us to look for capable and willing adventurers - and you look quite capable, measured from what I see.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hmmm 'Secret mission they said, wait here they said'... Hmmm" Attalas looks at his companions a bit uncomfortably, and then a bit accusingly at Mobo.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Obviously, the mission would not be secret to you. It is just that the Raven must tell you the details himself


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

And how are you planning on getting us to Galt? All things considered that is practically on the opposite side of the world from us. Also, what is the pay? It is not free to feed an ogre. And the goblin eats even more.

As she says this, Jez looks suspiciously at the meat she is eating, apparently rare is a little more cooked than she likes.


Kosti:

The red Raven, always a man of great means and ideas...has given you something he called portal stone, a one shot device that will transport you in the vicinity of Azurestone


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

And has the Red Raven said anything about an offer to make so some adventurers might be temted to come with me?


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

More adventures! Oh, what would my mother think! It does sound fun though... Tell us more about the circumstances of the kidnapping, and where the poor woman is being held if you please, Mr. Kosti.


Kosti:

Oh yes, he'd pay every daring adventurer 200gp


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

As I told you, the Raven has not told us the details, fearing the kidnappers could learn to soon they might not be as safe as they hope, I guess.
But he did provide each of his messengers with a magical gadget, a portal stone that could take us close to Azurstone in the blink of an eye, so if you are interested, you would not have to wait long to ask him for details yourself.
As for the pay, he offers each adventurer two hundred sails and I doubt he would mind you looting the kidnappers coffers in the course of action.


M Human Evangelist 6

Gotta finish leveling Ragnvald soon.

"Ah, so you think a group of monsters and maniacs will accomplish this goal without the accidental death of your employer beloved fiance? I think you should consider finding a paladin they seem all too happy to throw themselves on to swords for the sake of a woman." Downing his ale. He slams the mug on the counter. "But if you insist I've no qualms of seeking out more foes to taste my blade. Excuse me."

With that Ragnvald, feeling the urge sings a song about glory in battle though not one of any ancient battlefield or special holiday. Rather he sang a song that felt more like a metaphor for life itself fighting the stresses of day to day life and struggling for the right to choose ones own destiny.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 Perform sing.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo looks back up at the ogre.

"No worries, Attalas. Mobo won't go nowhere without you. If they try to trick or cage us, then red raven will get its feathers plucked we eat roast feeancee." Mobo's eyes cross as he struggles with the strange human words.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

The wee blue haired girl looks down at Mobo.

That would be funny trying to cage us. The funny looking bard -Jez nods toward Ragnvald and his rather morbid song - is stronger than most men. I can beat him arm wrestling most days. And your wee ogre buddy is twice as strong as me.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I've never eaten a feeancee, are they a red or white meat?" Attalas enquires. "I will go, as long as not bu****it secret mission like last one, never came back they didn't, left me alone"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez suddenly bursts out laughing spitting her food and some alcohol across the table and onto Nymeria and Kosti who were unfortunately sitting there.

Attalas, you are funny. Yes, most fiancees would probably taste quite good, since they are usually young ladies. However, since I am guessing that their future husbands, and families might not like the girls getting eaten, I really don't think you should be eating any if you don't want to be chased out of town with burning torches and pitchforks though.


male Half-Elf Wizard 6

Kosti is obviously not concerned about a few sputters of food and ale smudging his appearance. He just wipes of what hit his face and starts laughing himself.

I really think the Raven would prefer you not to try to eat his fiancee. But don't worry, big warrior. If you manage to get her back to Azurstone I am sure there will be a feast. And once you have finished that feast I will buy you a piglet for dessert!


Soooo, are we agreed on a magical trip to a place more than one thousand miles away?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Yeh - magic voyage it is. We do not have enough money to feed Mobo and Attalas on a journey that long.


M Human Evangelist 6
Jezbazeel Ruckskal wrote:
Yeh - magic voyage it is. We do not have enough money to feed Mobo and Attalas on a journey that long.

We'll just do some banditry and possible homicide. No worries.


Kosti leads you out of the tavern and once you have found a lonely backyard he takes a blue pulsing stone out of his bag.

A light breeze washes over your face the next moment and you feel a bit awkward, but then the magic has worked and you find yourself on the edge of an autumnal birch wood - a stark contrast to the noisy city of Magnimar, some bird calls and low voices from a small settlement about 500m away are the only things you hear.

Azurestone, the hamlet that lies before you, looks picturesque. Obviously the villagers are preparing for some kind of festival and are industriously ornating their houses and walls with colourful ribbons.

From behind you, you hear the sound of pigs and through the undergrowth some speckled, but pretty large of these animals poke their heads curiously.

Kosti:

Azurestone is preparing for the Harvest Festival, which marks the end of summer.

2,001 to 2,050 of 3,652 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.