Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,951 to 2,000 of 3,652 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look to the old man and then at Ragnvald covered in blood across the way: I will ask at the Desnan Temple in Magnimar. I will make sure that the Ulfen is not involved in seeking out a new priest for you good people.

Have we found the Taxman? Or what happened to him? Wasn't that why we cam here?


Why don't you ask the old man, now that the mayor is gone, people might be more open.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Now that pesky false ones gone, we are looking for Ax-man the Tax-man. He this big," And Mobo jumps up to hold his hand not as tall as Attalas. "Big beard. Seen him?"


Y...yes... the old man hesitates, sighs and explains He sacrificed on one of the last Founder's Festivals...but...but we still have the money here! the man quickly adds.


Since you all just look at the man without saying anything, he quickly gestures to the other villagers tto get the money. Only moments later, a large sack, full of jingling coins lies at your feet.

These are the taxes for more than 70 years!

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo's jaw drops when he hears the jingle of shinies, but otherwise he says nothing and lets someone else reach for them, lest 15 generations of goblins worth of coin goes missing. Mobo is greedy, but they were hired for a reason.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I reach out and take the sack of coins.

Thank you. And while we do not speak for the government of Varisia, we will speak with our employer so that this now good town receives the benefits of being part of this great land.

If the taxman was sacrificed, what became of his goods? The person who hired us will want some proof that we discovered his whereabouts, or demise as the case may be. Otherwise they may suspect that we just knocked off a merchant train or found some deserted dungeon and quit before we got here.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Have you seen Yellowbeard? A big tall man with a huge...yellow beard..."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"All that an he was dead anyway? Erm. Suppose we have the money, so who'd hand over a pile of gold if they didn't find him?"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look back at Attalas: Well, are you a thief? Or a good warrior. If we want treasure, we can always find gnolls or barbarians or devils to kill. They all have lots of loot. If we took this money, we would be stealing from both this good town and the Varisian government. Do you want the tax enforcers to be following us. I an sure we could beat most of them, but do you want to be looking over your big shoulders all the time to see what assassin is following us?


"Nah Im sayin if we go back with the five hundred golds then isn't that proof we found the Taxman?


Belongings? Oh yes!

the old man seems relieved that he is able to do something...something that might soothe your temper. he gestures again and soon a horned helmet, a chainmail, a large axe, a beer keg and some very interesting depictions of women from Riddleport are brought forth.

That's all he had, I think.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look at the items and listen to Attalas.

Turning to Attalas. It might be proof we collected the taxes, but not that we found the taxman.

When the equipment is brought.

This is proof. I look at the pictures. Not a very good judge of women from my point of view. Surprised he did not die of some strange disease, or angered husband.

I thank the man. Is there anything else we can do to help you all before we leave? I think you all have a lot of thinking and talking to do once we are gone as your town leaders have sort of been proven to not be the type of person you want to lead your town. Looking over at the dead bug-mayor. Especially that one.

If nobody else has anything to say, I, as the smallest person in the group other than Mobo, gather the equipment, strap it to my pack, and prepare to head out.


W...what if such a man...bug...returns? The mayor's forefathers have been good and just men before the dark one came to our village.

there's whispering from withing the huts and the people standing in the open quickly draw the wings of Desna over their hearts.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo looks up at the picturebook while Jez flips through it, "Humans silly. No need book to show how to dance after raid. Fire is best teacher."

Looking to the old man, "If bugs come back, we smash again. Except Applesauce."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I will speak with the temple of Desna in Magnimar. I am sure that they will send a priest to care for their flock. It is apparent that this village was in the good graces of Desna before this dark one arrived. I am sure that she will take you back now that the dark one has been eliminated.


The Dark One...so he was referred to in the temple chronicles before they were lost when the temple burnt down...he surely is not eliminated, he only planted the seed of evil in the hearts of the Kriegler family. But you're right, let's hope that he is long dead.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald looks up and scowls. "Do not hope. Fight. With your hearts and your rage. This darkness won because you let it/ This time your goddess has smiled upon you for you have nothing I want to take and no warriors I would test my steel upon. But next time, when Gorum walks his blood drenched path through your village again ynot even the innocent will be spared. So you must fight."


The old and several other villagers nod We will dream and fight! he says before you depart.

Back to Magnimar then?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Yup!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Unless some DM has a better plan, we all follow the ogre as he clears a path back to Magnimar.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

If we have time, Mobo would certainly like to craft some bullets on the way back.


Yeah, no problem

After a week of weary travelling, the white spires of the City of Monuments rise before you. Behind it the glittering surface of the sea lies and the sound sof the industrious city already reaches your ears...

rather Flight of the Red Raven or Midnight Mirror?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Red Raven maybe?


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Midnight Mirror sounds interesting...

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo will make 3 bullets and 3 doses of black powder, putting him up to 10 each (1 day, 4 gold 5 silver) and then use Gunsmithing to make his pistol masterwork (1 day, 300 gold)


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I think Red Raven looks interesting. Midnight Mirror sounds a lot more like the one we just finished.


I agree with that. Flight of the Red Raven is the first module I ever bought actually :)


M Human Evangelist 6

No more horror please. Ragnvald needs true warriors to test himself upon. We turn every horror module into a bad comedy where the irony is that we're the monsters.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

You have an ogre, a goblin, a tiefling freak and a Gorum psycho - I thought we were the monsters. (Yeh we have a nice elf in the mix, but we also used to have a Varisian wizard. I could be wrong, but I think that Mobo and Attalas may have eaten him as a snack on the way to find the taxman.)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

If we find your posting slows, Mobo then will eats your toes!

I'm fine with any module, really. Don't particularly care what genre, I'm just enjoying the party and dynamics :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4
Ragnvald Hrolfson wrote:
We turn every horror module into a bad comedy where the irony is that we're the monsters.

Which I am finding rather hilarious. Soon we will have bands of adventurers out looking to put a stop to what can only be described as a group resembling 'a wandering monster table one mad'.


Flight of the Red Raven it will be then.

The guards still eye you vigilantly as you enter Magnimar, but it gets even more annyoing once you are inside the city walls. Passersby openly stare at you, children gawp and a small band of guards is only one street corner away...always.

Jeminda however does not care about your looks and as you reach her house, the mousey woman looks expectantly at you

Where is he? she asks and adds and where are the taxes? then it dawns on her that that was probably rude Oh and how are you?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Have we gotten any more loot? I seem to be a little low - <900 total including what was bought at the beginning and no magic from what I can see. I would not mind getting a Mithral Shirt, magic if possible.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas looks to the others to do the talking. By way of being polite he gives his best big goofy looking grin trying to appear friendly.

Who was on loot split duty? ;p

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo opted to leave the counting to those who can.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

We are fine, unfortunately I cannot say the same for your cousin. Seems some cult to some dark god had taken over the town. They have now been eliminated. Unfortunately, your cousin was a sacrifice before we got there. We did recover his helmet and other things. And the unpaid taxes, for many years.

Jez pulls out the bag of tax money and the helmet and other stuff from the village.


Well, don't worry, he wasn't my cousin, just my brother in law. then the word "sacrifice" seems to reach her brain w...what? Sacrificed, by whom? His task was only to travel to Ravenmoor?! but quickly the jingling coins ask for her attention Ah great stuff, the taxes! The magistrate was already getting nervous, heh. Jeminda presses the bag against her breast like a baby I'm so glad that I hired you, phew. Oh, you can give his belongings to me, I'll give them to my sister...one question, did he fight bravely against this sacrificers?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Dunno. But we smashed em up good". The Ogre seems rather pleased with himself.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"And we left enough of the town alive to keep paying taxes too!"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria walks along with the group, wondering what her mother would think of her now, off on dangerous adventures with strange-looking folk...

I'm so sorry for your loss Miss Jeminda...Ravenmoor was a strange place gripped by superstition and violence, and I hope at least returning your...brother in law's things will bring you some peace. She says consolingly.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald can't help but crack a smile at the goblins comment. "HE was sacrificed in the name of soem misshapen god. We wrote it off as a loss until the cult decided to attempt to sacrifice one of our own. This cult now no longer exists."


Yeah, so nice that you brought his things, actually, my sister has found a new husband anyway and since he was a violent drunkard, I think our family will survive the loss, ahem. the cheerful cold that is so typical for Jeminda can't surprise you anymore, still, she's a strange person...

Find a tavern?

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Sure!

All the talk of sacrifice and drunken violence sets Mobo's tummy a-growling.

"We needs hot meats off the fire and tasty man-ale!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez looks at Mobo rather quizzically.

Why waste perfectly good fire cooking the food?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Zarongel says that fire makes everything better. Meats tastier, screams louder, villages smaller..."


rofl

Only about three doors further down the street you find a tavern from which the smell of roasts and the sounds of many drunken people waft over to your ear. The "Revolutionary resort of the most revolutionary revolutionist" is an obviously Galt-friendly mix of an inn and debate club. Today it's rather an inn since the whole crew of one of Magnimar's large man-o-wars has occupied the place.

Two bartenders and three serving wenches are hardly able to serve all customers and the catcalls become angrier and angrier the closer you get - silence falls over the tavern as soon as you enter. The sailors just stare at you and as one of them topples his tankard off the table it sounds like a thunderclap...

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo pulls his hat low out of habit, a moot point next to the ogre and fiendling, and looks around the place for an open table or space that could accommodate the group.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald smiles broadly. He was going to like this place. He strides through the shocked faces and angry cat calls to the bar where he simply orders an ale.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Congrats all - that is 2000 posts.

Jez smiles already liking this place.

Evening gentlemen, don't mind us. Oh, and if anyone thinks that starting a brawl would be fun, remember, the ogre and goblin are the least dangerous among us, at least they have learned not start the fight.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Intimidate: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

--> Hmm, not as frightening as usual.

1,951 to 2,000 of 3,652 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.