Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,801 to 1,850 of 3,652 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>

M Human Evangelist 6

"Good. Mazes annoy me. Let them reap the fiery harvest."

Approaching the cornfield maze with a smirk.

"Mobo. Do your little fiendish hands have somethin that can ignite quickly? Let's get some oil and burn these fools. "


M Human Evangelist 6

By the way the plan is to combust the cornfield. :P


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Burn Burn
Black you'll turn
Roasted til you are a ghost
we make bad guys all turn toast!
Flee flee thats if your choice
Run towards me waiting voice
With a flash of polished steel
no more flames or blood youll feel
be so quick you wont even squeal"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I will light it up, less risk of you all getting burned.

How dry is it here? Tinder dry or is this a rainy area?

If it is dry, I will simply take some tinder and start having fun with flames.


Since we are still in a swamp it's far from dry :) You need a good idea to set it on fire...or tons of oil.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hrm, can't see in there... I got an idea!"

Attalas lifts mobo up on his shoulders.

"Can you see 'em from up there!?"

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo scans the area from his mighty new post.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


In the centre of the cornfield Mobo can make out the shine of a large bonfire - that's also the direction from which the chanting comes.

And? Can you see the Unnamed One? the youth asks, his voice tremblking slightly

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"If Unnamed One is big fire, then yes, Mobo sees Unnamed One. There big burning, so we not need to burn down corn. We need to move in and smash them before they sing too much and bad things happen. Hiya!" Pistol pointing forward, Mobo excitedly spurs his comrade.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well then, lets see what is up with the fire. Should we follow one of these paths? Or should Attalas create a path on more of a direct route?


Good question :)


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I start smashy path then Mobo, you stay up on shoulders and yell if you see something!"

With that, Attalas starts trampling a path through the crop like a giant bulldozer. Sword in one hand, the other half helping hold the Goblin on his head like the head=dress of a lunatic.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

From atop his lofty throne, Mobo will try to help Attalas navigate which direction to bushwhack.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Survival 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


M Human Evangelist 6

Not particularly sure himself he cares for the silliness Ragnvald rolls with it and joins the ogre in hacking down the corn maze straight for their quarry.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez, smiling at the idea of being able to put her sword to proper use skips behind the rest of the group looking for something to kill.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria picks out a path in the wake of the more raucous ones, keeping an arrow nocked in her bow.


As Attalas reaches the centre of the cornfield, suddenly several things happen at once:

Before him is a thirty-foot-diameter glade whose ground is stripped down to bare earth. Two large piles of wood stand at the eastern and western sides of the glade, while an enormous, twisted mass of roots topped by thick slabs of timber sits at the glade's centre. About twnety cultists have gathered here and their chanting ends abruptly as their eyes fall on the enormous looming figure of the ogre. Their leader - the former mayor - raises a spear above his head and a cloud of flies engulfs him - he shouts:

How dare you to intervene in this ceremony to the honour of our lord Ghlaunder?!

Before you are able to answer, a strange faceless creature steps out of the corn remains and threatens to attack Nymeria.

The cultists don't look very terrified anymore and slowly draw sickles and spears...

Flee you bastards or I will call the Unnamed One! mayor Andretti Kriegler shouts.

Battle Mat


p.s. Ragnvald's red halo is only to underline his battle frenzy :)


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Nymeria, what is that thing? Step back so I can hit it.

Standard Action: Cast Shield of Faith (AC now 20)


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas keeps swinging his sword, but now looks to attack people...

Grab your torch and pitchfork, its an Ogre! Start the killings.


M Human Evangelist 6

Forgot to show the coordinates. :P

Ragnvald five foot shifts downward and begins to Inspire Courage.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Nameless thing no hear you if you dead."

Mobo fires his Boomstick at the mayor.

Pistol Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 vs Touch if within first range increment

Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

Mobo reloads Boomstick.


Male Orc Expert 5

Dont forget bonuses from inspire courage.


Some of you react quickly - Mobo pulls the trigger, hits, and Jez weaves an arcane shield - the others are as dumbfounded as most of the cultists - but don't worry, the slaughter begins soon enough!

Nymeria' Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Mobo's Initiative1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Jezbazeel's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Ragnvald's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Attalas' Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Cultists' Initiative1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Mayor's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Faceless Stalker's Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Rd1:

Jez
Ragnvald
Stalker
Mobo
Nymeria
Cultists
Attalas
Mayor

Battle Mat


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Heh, lemme know if one of the poor suckers provokes :p


M Human Evangelist 6

Real quick what do I know of Ghlaunder? I need to come up with proper insults.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria backs up towards Ragnvald. 5' step to Z22


Male Orc Expert 5

No mass burning on the crowd behind us? D:


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

As the petite blue haired woman waits for Nymeria to move, she begins to weave her sword in an intricate pattern and lets out a demonic roar, a horrific noise completely out of all proportions with her small size:

Intimidate(Dazzling Display):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 --> Intimidates all within 30' who can see her.


Ragnvald:

You don't know more than what is common knowledge about Ghlaunder:

Ghlaunder (pronounced GHLAWN-dur is the demigod of parasites and disease. His symbol is that of a blood-engorged mosquito. Other symbols associated with Ghlaunder include a circular maze-like pattern.

The cultists flinch and even the faceless abomination flinch as Jez' begins her dazzling display!

Rd1:

Jez (resolved)
Ragnvald
Stalker
Mobo
Nymeria
Cultists
Attalas
Mayor


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Of course, Tark, but safety first! Plus, if Jez takes down the stalker and they pacify, Nymeria will not harm them. She's no Viking unfortunately....


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

All I have done so far is scare the crap out of them - and I should be the least imposing of the group - I am just a little girl.


M Human Evangelist 6

Just debating on my next move here. Let me ask this can jez rip up that faceless stalker or does she need a hand? I'd rather not even give it a round to do much more than die painfully. Because while I play off Ragnvald as this hideous berserker he's still essentially a bard with low armor class and not a lot of health all things considered so I have to go with the flow with our melee rather than set the pace with Karlan.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I have 20 Str and am fighting 2 handed. So, I should be +9 to hit with the Inspire Courage and be doing 2d4+8 damage with a 18-20 crit range. So, yeh, she can do some serious damage if necessary. Whether or not she hits is the question. Also, it is possible that whatever we are fighting has a ton of hp. Either way, she should be able to hold her own, at least for a few rounds.

Also, my scream should make them all -2 to attack for at least 1 round, probably 2-3 unless they have high stats and HD.


Sounds like a plan!


M Human Evangelist 6

Right then. Well here's why I like evangelists a lot.

Ragnvald smiles broadly as he starts getting into the heart of the matter as far as he's concerned. As the fire and rage of Gorum fills their hearts.

He stops just briefly enough to cry out a war cry letting the dark sky and soggy land tremble at the force of his bloodlust and turning the dwindling courage of his foes into fine dust blown away by the force of the Lord in Irons wrath.

5ft shift to Z23 and cast Bless.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Meanwhile...attalas waits...


Rd1:

Jez (resolved)
Ragnvald (resolved)
Stalker (resolved)
Mobo
Nymeria
Cultists
Attalas
Mayor

The thing in front of Jez and Nymeria moves like quicksilver - its strikes are just flashes, but you can still feel that it is not using all its force - it seems more than a bit impressed by Jez' whirling blade

Stalker attacking Jez / Longsword1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo fires his Boomstick at the mayor again.

Pistol 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23 vs Touch
Damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

And Mobo reloads the Boomstick.

6 Bullets/shot remaining. Mobo really needs to take advantage of the Gunsmithing Feat in down time.


The bullet flies past several gawping cultists and hit the mayor in the shoulder - he roars in anger and pain and raises his staff high above his head...waiting for Nymeria to act...:)


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria turns and shoots flame out in a wide flat arc to disperse the crowd.

Step to Y23 and cast Burning Hands up and out, 15' cone towards the middle of the crowd. 1d4 fire damage, reflex for half. It's a full-round action to put out the fire by rolling on the ground. ;)


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Meanwhile...attalas waits...:p


As Nymeria steps in fron of the cultist and begins to cast, the men quickly use this opportunity to attack her

Cultist attacking Nymeria /Dagger 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 = 11
Damage1d4 ⇒ 1

Cultist attacking Nymeria /Dagger 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 2 = 3
Damage1d4 ⇒ 1

Luckily, both miss and flames engulf a score of cultists

Reflex save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Could you please roll the damage?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

R1
AC18 - HP30/30

Attalas grins madly and starts simply treating the people the way he treated the crops, thrashing with his sword in wide arcs.

First attacking one unfortunate...(X21)

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Damage 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 15 = 24

Befor Cleaving its friend. (W21)

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29
Damage 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) + 15 = 26

Crit?
Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) + 15 = 19


At first it looks like Attalas just misses any skill with his weapon, but as the bodies of two dead cultists are catapulted into the cornfield, everyone realizes that his brute strength is combined with a certain knowledge of how to use his weapon...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez shouts over her shoulder.

You all have a choice, remove your robes, drop your weapons and sit on the ground. Or DIE!!

It is your choice.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

1d4 ⇒ 2 damage

Should I roll for every round?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"GRABS YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS, IT'S AN OGRE!!" He yells out, jokingly...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Nymeria - read burning hands. It is one round and does 1d4/level. Since you are level 2, it should be doing 2d4.


Yup, that's what I also thought and confused me :)

The mayor ignores the chaos in front of him and begins to chant another, much more threatening song

Ghlaunder, urghso aktarac onomor Aflar...

which instantly spurs his cultists to even greater readiness to make sacrifices.

Rd2:

Jez
Ragnvald
Stalker
Mobo
Nymeria
Cultists
Attalas
Mayor

Battle Mat

1,801 to 1,850 of 3,652 << first < prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.