Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,751 to 1,800 of 3,652 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

So, do we knock the building down? Or knock on the door? The outbuilding already looks to be falling.


M Human Evangelist 6

"Knock it down. Let the worms be crushed or cut down as they flee. I'm in no mood for hiding cowards."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Ok, just watch me back"

Attalas lumbers forward and heads for the nearest corner of the house, then proceeds to start dismantling it.


As Attalas heads over to the building, he suddenly notices something moving to his right - just a scarecrow he thinks, but as he turns his back at the thing, there is a bloodcurdling cry and the apparition suddenly begins to move - or rather fly - umm no, it just hobbles and hops, the wings are just imitations - phew!

Flying Scarecrow

Battle Mat


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Obviously the Ogre was hoping his actions would stir up the nest...

He turns and lets slice with his sword, then steps back 5' to create a space to keep the advantage of his reach.

Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Damage 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 15 = 23

5' step diagonally away, AOO if it moves into his reach again to engage him in melee

Attack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (5, 1, 1) + 15 = 22


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Hearing the mIghty ogre draw and swing his blade, I move op next to him. BI 29 I think, hard to see on my phone.


M Human Evangelist 6

RAgnvald moves to BH26 while brandishing his sword.


Nymeria' Initiative1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Mobo's Initiative1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Jezbazeel's Initiative1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ragnvald's Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Attalas' Initiative1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Effigy's Initiative1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

RD1

Ragnvald
Jez
Attalas
Effigy
Nymeria
Mobo

Is Nymeria still with us?

The scarecrow tumbles backwards as it is hit by Attalas, but it regains its balance quickly and prepares to advance again.

Battle Mat


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Nymeria is still posting in DMHW's campaign. And Vidor/Bilbo has not posted in over a week since he computer crashes as I recall.

Round 1

I move to BG29 and ready an attack.

About time we got to kill something.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 = 15

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo scurries up next to Attalas, Boomstick at the ready BG25


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Yes, sorry!

Round 1
Nymeria moves to BN30 and fires her bow at the scarecrow.

Bow:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage:1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


M Human Evangelist 6

Standard: Ragnvald begins inspire courage.

Move: To BI30


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Nymeria - how do you have +3 on damage with your bow? With a 9 strength I think it should actually be -1. You only get the Dex bonus on the attack, not damage.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

R1

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12
Damage 3d6 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 15 + 1 = 25

5' step diagonally away, AOO if it moves into his reach again to engage him in melee

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
Damage 3d6 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 15 + 1 = 27


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Oh, excuse me, I didn't know. I thought strength only mattered with compound bows, and the dex bonus would add damage by aiming or something.


The scarecrow thing runs directly into Jez' readied attack and straw sprays out of a cut across its belly - but the creature seems rather unimpressed and attacks Nymeria

Scarecrow attacking Jez / Slam1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Scarecrow attacking Jez / Slam1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

if hit:

Fear (Su)

A scarecrow’s touch infuses its target with overwhelming waves of fear. If the victim fails a DC 14 Will save, she cowers and can take no actions other than attempting a new DC 14 Will save at the end of the following round (and each round thereafter) to end this fear. A successful first save leaves the victim shaken for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

RD2

Ragnvald
Jez
Attalas
Effigy
Nymeria
Mobo

Battle Mat


M Human Evangelist 6

What's that big block of black space off to the east?


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

smaller interior maps of some of the buildings :)


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Ok, I am confused. What exactly is a Charisma based save? Does this mean that I use my Charisma modifier instead of my Wisdom modifier on the roll? So for me it would be Save = Class Base(+2) + Charisma(+5) instead of the usual Wisdom(+1)? I am doing the save using this method, reduce the roll by 4 if necessary.

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 5 = 23 <-- +2 Class, +5 Charisma
Guess it does not matter either way.

Also, you say that it attacks Nymeria, but then have it attacking Jez, I assume since it drew the prepared attack from Jez, the reference to Nymeria was a mistake.

Round 2

Ow, that was not nice.

Suddenly feeling the bite of claws into her arm, Jez takes a step back (5-foot move) to BH28 and raises her free hand while mumbling something about knowledge being the great defender.

Cast Shield of Faith: AC = 22 for 1 minute.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

R2

Attalas steps through and maintains the attack

Attack 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 = 21
Damage 3d6 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4, 4) + 15 + 1 = 25

This thing have good DR or something?


Oh, sry I mixed Nymeria and Jez up wjile writing. And you did the correct thing with the save above - happens frequently with monster attacks.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo takes aim Using Deadeye and 1 Grit point and fires a shot at the strawman with his Boomstick.

Pistol Attack vs Touch 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Bullet Damage 1d6 ⇒ 1

Mobo then reloads his pistol.


Poor unlucky Mobo!

the bullet whistles past the effigy's left ear and disappears in the darkness.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

If he is going to miss, better to do it with a 1 damage roll.


Waiting for Ragnvald


M Human Evangelist 6

@Tirion: For you its meaningless that's simply the stat the creature bases the DC on. In this case the creature uses its charisma modifier to adjust the DC.

RAgnvald will move to B31 while maintaining bardic performance and chop it to bits.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Attack
2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 6) + 7 = 14 Damage


With concerted effort and pure force Attalas and Ragnvald dismember the scarecrow quickly. At last it has only one arm and one leg left and falls to the side - dead - or rather destroyed. But even though there is the short feeling of victory, you are sure now that the cultists are warned.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Back to knocking down the house while Mobo and I keep an eye out for interlopers?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas resumes tearing the wall down.


As Attalas resumes his (un-)construction work, you all suddenly hear a strange sing-song from the north. Somewhere in the area behind the farmhouse a group of people is chanting a melody that is highly unnerving and disturbing.

I bet they are calling the Unnamed to kill us!

the youth says, his voice trembling with fear.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, lets see what these not so good folk are up to.

I unsheathe my Falchion and begin to move around the building.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

And my skillful rolls continue for the day, so far I have 3,3,4,6,7,8,8 in 3 campaigns. I am sure that I can get the 1,2,5 to fill in the bottom.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hey this bustin houses really works... it like Magic!...I summoned the bad guys! Hey guys I summoned the bad guys!"


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald's predatory grin breaks into something seen only in deep underwater water predators.

"Good! GOOOD! Let's see these summoned fools and sing them the song we sing!"

Beginning their own sing songy chant Ragnvald rolls things off with a deep and terrible laugh.

We bring Ogres, We bring fire!
Ragnvald will quench a dark desire!
And blue demons will feast on your soul!
While goblins eat your toes from a bowl!

honestly I kind of suck at this obviously. :p

It's sad the countersong ability doesnt act as a counter to this that would be just too awesome for this.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Perform sing


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

HP:0/17?
Nymeria faints and falls to the ground as soon as the first straw of the scarecrow tickles her.

OR, if DMZ meant for Jez to get hit, Nymeria looks around for other villagers.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

The scarecrow attacked me and hit me once. Long since dead now.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo grabs one of the scarecrow's arms and scratches his back with it.

"Mmm toes is yummy."


Yeah, sorry Nymeria for scaring you :)

As you move around the farmhouse you notice a patch of strange red plants at the back of the building (K9) Periodically something within rustles the leaves and chitters.

Knowledge Nature DC 15:

There must be at least half a dozen stirges hiding in there.

Ahead of you is a muddy cattle pond (K10) which buzzes with the sound of gnats and its surface writhes with a thick layer of wriggling mosquito larvae. The stench of rot emanates from the maggot-filled corpse of a dead ox that lies half submerged on the edge of the pool, tangled in the vegetation.

Behind the pool a large cornfield stretches - a maze has been cut into it!

Chernowitz Farm


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Yous want me to keep wrecking this place?" Attalas enquires of the group...


M Human Evangelist 6

Oh wow. Anyone got any alchemists fire? :D


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Where is that pyro gnome when you need him.

We can finish whacking the building later. Lets see what else is here.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Time to wreck peoples."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas stops wrecking the building and follows his friends.

"Not sure I likes a maze, looks confusing" his large brow furrows as if the concept of being confused is a worry.


M Human Evangelist 6

"I say we burn it to the ground and kill the rabbits that come bounding out of it."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Na, collapse it. If we burn it, we might destroy something fun to play with. And we might miss out on the change to kill whatever comes running out when the walls start to collapse in.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Think he's reckoning we burn the field and kill what comes out"

"I'd like a barbeque!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Seen that used in the Worldwound. Mind you it does not work as well on demons which are generally resistant to fire. But it is worth a try.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Reckon it might roast up his villager friends though!"

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"We are foxes they is chickens,
Barbeque is finger lickin!
Through the maze cuz time is tickin,
Or set ablaze so they come kickin?"


Lol...your plans are as great as always :) Enter the maze? And if yes, how? Take the right, centre or left branch?

The singing becomes louder and louder and there is an underlying aggression in the chant that makes your skin crawl (well, ogre skin is always crawling, eh?)


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I have no problem with a fire, it usually takes a pretty good blaze to burn me.

1,751 to 1,800 of 3,652 << first < prev | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.