Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,651 to 1,700 of 3,652 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

The Ogre sees the matter well in hand, and instead keeps his eyes out into the darkness...

"Wonder if this is how they treats all their guests... wonder if this was the last act the Taxman saw then eh?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Ummm...what's going on at all!? There must be a reason for this all, right? Maybe they're just afraid? If we can kill whoever 'Him' is, then maybe the village would come to its senses?


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Vidor shakes his head and says, "All have been tainted by the touch of chaos and are willing participants in all its dangerous aspects. They are as guilty as any and will now be called on to pay their debts."


The girl is so impressed by your grim faces and wrathful mood that she begins to sob again and soon pleads

Please, don't kill everyone, it is the cult, only the cult kills the people coming through Ravenmoor, we are also their prisoners, we're not free either!


M Human Evangelist 6
DM Zyren / Heart of Journeys wrote:

The girl is so impressed by your grim faces and wrathful mood that she begins to sob again and soon pleads

Please, don't kill everyone, it is the cult, only the cult kills the people coming through Ravenmoor, we are also their prisoners, we're not free either!

"Then tell me what I want to know or by Gorum I will flay your parents, your friends, and all who know you adn hang them by the trees for the crows to feast! And when the last of them gurgles their final pleas to Desna..." Ragnvald leans in so she can feel his hot breath. "That is when I start on you."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas watches on, some sympathy evident, but not enough to spare her the worst should she not hurry up and tell Ragnvald what he wants to know...


Hot tears run down her cheeks as she stammers

The cult is here as long as Ravenmoor exists - many years ago they killed the priest of Desna and forced the other villagers to sacrifice a virgin at each 12th Founder's Festival - so once a year. I do not know who belongs to them and who not, cause they always wear strange costumes and masks!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Then we gonna drive them back out"

The ogre looks happy at the prospect.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"We shall look behind the mask,
No more tourist blood they bask,
If need help, why no ask?
Then we turn to food and cask!"

Mobo twists his dogslicer in his hand, his eyes shifting back and forth, waiting for action.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez wakes up and quietly listens to the discussion.

Well, if you are concerned about being sacrificed because you are a virgin, I am sure that the good gypsy can solve that problem for you. Although telling us everything you know about your friends would increase your chance of seeing the light of day as well.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Jez then takes out her whetstone and begins to sharpen her falchion.


What else can I say? My family is not with them, of so much I'm sure - but the others? Everyone could belong to the cult! You have to act quickly anyway, if my family won't bring a sacrifice until sunrise they will come and get me!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez continues to sharpen her falchion, testing the blade every so often.

After hearing the girl's pleas, she calmly speaks, as though discussing the weather or a day at work.

Well my Ulfen warmonger, shall we set up a trap for these cultists. Sounds like they want to kill this poor girl, I suppose it would be proper for an adherent of Gorum to take the bloodshed to them when they try to commit a gruesome murder. We both know that your god believes in true combat, not deceitful murder.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hmmm they will come get her at sunrise eh? So why don't we go to her house before the sunrise and hide in wait... reckon I could pass for her if you gave me a wig? What big eyes you have grandma..."


M Human Evangelist 6

"I've no mind to wait for them to come for us. They would have the advantage of initiative. I say we take this fight to them and tear them to pieces! I will not stand for such an insult. This girl will take us to their lair, and we will put to them all to the sword."

A darkness seems to come over Ragnvald as he raises his sword and roars into the swamp.

"DO YOU HEAR ME! THE SON OF GORUM COMES FOR YOU! GIRD YOUR LOINS AND PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR BATTLES! TONIGHT THE SWAMP FEASTS ON YOUR ENTRAILS! I WILL MOUNT YOUR HEAD ON BLOODY SPEARS AND LET THE CROWS FEAST ON YOUR EEYYEESSSS!!!!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez switches to using her now sharpened blade to sharpen her fingernails, which now appear to be unnaturally sharp and wicked looking.

Jez turns and looks at the raving priest and calmly responds.

If we knew who they were, or if she knew who they were, that would be easy. But since she has already stated that she does not know the identity of the members of this cult, I am not sure who we would be attacking. I am sure that we could kill everyone in the town, and that should guaranty that the cult members are eliminated, but I really do not think this is the solution to our problem, especially if the cult leaders are not from the town.

We need to go to the girl's home and set a trap. We take them by surprise and take the initiative. I will offer myself as the bait, after all, how tough could a cute little blue haired girl be.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"I haves a trick that will make me loook like gerl. Maybe we can be using me as the bait?"


Upon Ragnvald's outbreak and Zez mentioning that slaughtering the whole village could be an option, the girl silently prays to Desna.

I...trsut my family, if we tell them that you are setting up a trap, they will surely help you - you know looking unsupicious and so on. The cult expects to find me bound to the Kriegler pale in our garden.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I look to the others.

Well, two options, use her as bait, or use me as bait. Unless we want to use the elf.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald thorws his arms up in exasperation and walks away to the edge of the fire clearly wanting less treachery and more straight forward pillaging.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"So lets get to her house, then we can get to the killing."

Attalas enthusiastically packs his gear, ready to move.


The girl squeaks fearfully - obviously she does really like your plan...

Ready to advance?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Aye aye!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I take the girl's hand as we head for her home.

It is your choice, become the next sacrifice, or pretend to be the victim so that we can defeat these cultists.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


The girld nods eagerly - she surely does not want to become the next sacrifice.

I'll do whatever you tell me, just don't harm me or my family!

Together and unseen you walk to the girl's home - a small farm house at the northern edge of the village. The windows are lit and two men are already waiting in the small garden in front of the house. The younger one, a sturdy man holding a blacksmith's hammer in his hands, shouts angrily

Let my sister go!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I turn to the girl. You better tell them we are here to help and to stand down. Otherwise, they may have a ticked off ogre, Ulfen and goblin on their case. Oh yeh, and I am more dangerous with poorer decision making than those three put together.

I release her and await her response.


The girl nods, surely she does not want to risk bloodshed now

Calm down Vasil, these people here have come to help us!

The youth's body language reveals that he isn't 100% persuaded, but he puts the hammer down.

And how do they want to do that?

he asks, now a bit less aggressive.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I step forward before the Ulfen begins to explain things with his sword.

We are going to hide in the yard here and use her as bait. When the cultists arrive, we will meet them with steel. Now, you had best stay inside your home to avoid getting hurt and so that these cretins are not tipped off on our plans.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

_______
Once the youth has left I quietly turn to Mobo. You and the elf should hide where you can see the back of the home so that boyfriend doesn't warn his cultist friends or try something stupid like suicidily trying to stop things.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald's practically vibrating with murderous fury. More than usual.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"They not get away from Boomstick. Ragnvald don't kill all of them. Mobo wanna help too."

Mobo scuttles off into position, taking Nymeria with him.

Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas is still grinning away as he moves behind the house... he knows its about the only thing he can hide behind.


So Attalas, Nymeria and Mobo hide behind the house and Ragnvald and Jez find cover behind a small shed in the yard, correct?

The girl's brother nods thoughtfully

Ok...I guess we have to trust you...but what do you mean "meet them with steel" - you can't fight the cult, the gods are on their side, no one can stand their wrath. The last one who tried to drive them off was the Desna priest - I guess you have seen his church?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

We have the might of Gorum and the power of the Abyss behind us. Not to mention that there is an ogre hiding behind your home over there and a goblin with a bad attitude. I think we can handle a few cultists. And if we cannot, then if nothing else, they will have their sacrifice.

I hide with Ragnavald where we can come at anyone approaching the girl from multiple angles.

Don't forget our wayward wizard, not sure what happened to Bilbo, have not seen a post from him in a few days.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

They keep heaping duties on me and have had to adjust my schedule a bit. But, I am here, lol.

Vidor moves along with the others to lurk behind the shed. "I am going to be needing some time to be studying soon, my frieds. My powers were depleted by the happenings in the village and have yet to find the rest necessary to replace them." Calling the last of his power, the Varisian prepares for the coming storm.


M Human Evangelist 6

Works for me I'm not having enough time lately for dedicated planning so whatever you come up with is dandy.


The young man still does not like your idea, nervously he chews on his lower lip, but then he nods

OK, if this is the way, I'll be ready to. Long enough we have just waited and accepted the cult's reign - I won't accept another sacrifice and will join your friends behind the house.

Once he is there he looks at Mobo and Nymeria and arches an eyebrow

What in all hells keeps your strange band together?


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Jokes... mostly jokes.", Vidor says with a smile.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"We all killed a ghost. Tribes stay together."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

With all the skill of an elephant, Jez hides and waits.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


The youth thinks a for a moment, then he nods resolutely

I think you're right, killing a ghost bindsa group together.

then he crouches next to Mobo, his hands holding his hammer tightly.

You wait long after midnight until Jez, Vidor and Ragnvald suddenly notice several hooded figures swarming into the yard. They wear strange masks, with carots as noses and pieces of antlers as ears) and ragged brown robes. Sickles flash in their hands and they quickly move over to the girl.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I step out before they reach the girl and turn to Vidor:

They are as dumb as you said, can't believe they fell for that first year illusion.

I then call to the men with the sickles.

Hey boys, time drop those wimpy blades - OR DIE!!!

As I am saying this, I begin to play with my falchion in a rather inhospitable manner.

Dazzling Display: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 <-- Intimidate all within 30'.

Well, that roll sucked.


M Human Evangelist 6

Emerging from the shadows with an evil grin Ragnvald says. "Or you can fight. Gorum would like very much if you struggled, if you tried to draw blood before you died. But not nearly as much as me."


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Vidor watches as his beefier companions wave their pointy bits about. "No use in wasting my skills if these brutes can handle it in a far more vulgar manner."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Who you calling "beefy?"


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Hearing the start of the festivities, Attalas starts heading around the house, hoping to come out behind the enemy and flank them.


The robed figures stop dead in their tracks, confused and also a bit frightened they turn around and peer into the darkness. as soon as they spot the hulking Attalas, they slowly withdraw

What is this? A trap? Who dares to stand against the cult?!

their leader shouts

Perception DC 20:

The muffled voice sounds exactly like the one of the mayor!

Behind the house, the youth has risen and looks at Mobo

Attack?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 2

Attalas charges toward the closest cultist, keen to get into restoring 'Law and Order'.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Gorum, ogres and blue haired chicks. That is who. Now get on you knees and drop your weapons unless you wish to be tonight's sacrifices.

I continue to more toward them, although not at a full charge.


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Laughing as he edges towards them with his sword Ragnvald is blinded by a thirst for blood. And a need to sing.

"Can't you see what you have wrought here?"
"Many battles will be fought here!"
"May the mountains rise against you"
"May the forests block your path"
"May your axes chip and shatter"
"And know it is my Wrath"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 Perform sing.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Vidor rubs his hands together eager to see what secrets may be left behind. "Be careful to not be mauling them to badly. I am needing to be looking them over!"


As the ogre has barred the way back the men look fearfully over to their leader who still maintains an aura of leadership. With a quick movement he tears the mask from his face - and you are more than a bit surprised to see the mayor - and shouts

Stop this charade - we have our customs and rituals, you are strangers and you must not interfere with our traditions!

1,651 to 1,700 of 3,652 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.