Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,601 to 1,650 of 3,652 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

M Human Evangelist 6

"In my experience the ancestors are more honored by the actions and honor their forebears bring to them. Not petty sacrifices. But then my ancestors slay linnorms, and dueled frost giants for the thrill of battle and the legend it would make them. So your ancestors may vary."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

My ancestors usually just ate people, so I am probably not much help on this one.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Vidor nearly falls over laughing at Jezbazeel's account of her family.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"And maybe the less said about my ancestors the better" remarks the Ogre. "At least I was sort of brought up propper though".

"Well reckon we get some sleep, we need to get back to investigating in the morning. The Taxman, how did he go in the Festival he was at? Wonder if that ended strangely like this one... wonder if they fed him some poison pig, at least they didn't try calling him one first I reckon"

For a camp out then, keep everyone in one spot so we can do normal watches etc. Anyone have any preferences? Still reckon somewhere defensible lest undead pigs come looking for us, or some guilty bugger who offed a tax collector (or even THE Tax Collector!) comes looking for us.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Next to the house would probably be good, a fence will make it harder to be surprised.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Good idea"

"Lets go past the smithy and get some bits of iron and scrap to leave around our camp, anyone sneaking up might get unlucky and kick em. Tomorrow I'll make caltrops. If we gonna camp outdoors a lot, then a few lines of caltrops should keep us a bit more saferer. Try sneaking with that hanging out ya foot"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Agreed, trip wires and ouchies for the feet are always a good defense.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Why burn puppet of straw? Zarongel smile bigger if queen burned instead."

"Set the traps to smash and maim,
Hard to flee when foot is lame,
Then we set them all aflame,
Jez not queen? Well that's a shame."

Those with darkvision should take the latest watches, other than that, no preferences.


I will need to get some study time in to refresh my spell list, but other than that we should be good.


So, who does which watch and does Attalas really lay out some caltrops? Any other actions you take?

Viorec grins - obviously he does not believe your wild tales - and says

Hey, no problem, you can stay here, next to the house. Just don't hurt Applesauce, the cute thing always flits and dashes this way and that way during the night.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas begins to set up the campsite.

"We gonna need a small fire?"


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"ehhhh, that might be a goot idea.", Vidor replies as he eyeballs Applesauce.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Something mighty strange here. They use to serve stirge as dinner back home, not keep them as pets.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald remains quiet and elects to camp nearest to the house and well within the perimeter they set up.


When the last lights of Ravenmoor go out, the swamp takes over - the sounds of cicadas, stigres, mosquitos, toads and other things fill the air and while it's unnerving at first it soon becomes a sweet lullaby...

Fortitude Save Dc 8 not to fall asleep during watch.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Wait, wot? Double staggered piquets :P

Watch list
2200-2330 - Ragnvald
2200-0100 - Vidor
2330-0230 - Attalas
0100-0400 - Jezbazeel
0230-0530 - Mobo
0400-0700 - Nymeria
0530-0700 - Ragnvald

2200-0700 = 9hrs-3hr piquet = 6hr.
Reville and 50% stand too from 0700-0900.
50% stand to at Lunch period from 1300-1500.
(8hrs+ each/day).


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

As long as we will all be able to regain spells, I have no problem with that grouping. As a note, with Nymeria and Ragnavald in the AM, we have no darkvision, just low light vision, although I think we are in spring/summer and the sun should rise early this far north.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Roger, Sir. I'll get the lads together and hand it down. Any challenge and password? What is the RoE for AO? ;)

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

During his watch Mobo's beady red eyes scour the area, watching everything that moves and practicing aiming Boomstick at shadows.

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez is feeling kinda tired.

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

And, while her eyes get heavy, she manages to stay awake.


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


It must be about midnight and it's Vidor's watch as he suddenly hears a rsutling to his left. Turning his head and peering into the dark he spots a female silhouette.

The girl climbs over the low garden wall and as she comes closer to the fire Vidor is surprised to see a beautiful blonde girl of about twenty years.

You, you there - are you the man my sisters spoke about? The far-wandering storyteller? Please come over to me, I don't want to wake-up your friends.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Attalas should also be awake at midnight.


M Human Evangelist 6

I wouldn't want to wake up his friends either.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

No gypsy ever trusted anyone and this girl is certainly no exception. Having seen the female members of his own family dupe countless men over the span of his life, Vidor takes the safe road.

"My dear, let me weave a beautiful tapestry of colors for you and tell the story of a giant butterfly." As Vidor begins his story of a fairy princess he tosses a pinch of colored sand into air which seems like a million gems in the fire before it erupts into a wave of dazzling lights.

Color Spray, Mwahahaha DC16


@ Jez: You'r right. So Attalas also notices the girl, but isn't addressed by her.

Will save1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Wha...you...uh...

The girl doubles over - she surely was no match for Vidor's arcane powers...


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Ohhh, such an easy catch, hahaha. Ohhhhh Attalas, I have found something strange over here. Seems this young lady would like to speak to us.", he says gesturing to the intruders slumbering form.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Strange for a girl to come wandering to a camp of monsters, alone, at midnight...?" He scratches his head. Then he starts peering into the darkness.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Yes, yes, I am agreeing with you on this statement. Never have I trusted ah any gorl tthat is tromping about with unsavory vagabonds in the middle of the night. But, as we are seeing, she is ah taken care of."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Can't just leave her lying there, not with Applesauce around... but reckon she was dumb enough to come alone?"

"That girl had sweet words, but so did the last one I met, and look how THAT worked out"

Attalas keeps peering out; supicious Ogre is supicious.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Zzzzzzzz.


Perception DC 20 Attalas:

Indeed, there are at least half a dozen of black forms in the darkness, just outside of the area lit by your fire.

The girl soon begins to stir again and opens her eyes

Uh...wha...


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"You were over come by the beauty of my story young lady. Now please come sit over here.", the gypsy says gesturing to a spot near the fire.

Bluff to make her think it was an accident 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 20 - Darkvision

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING OUT THERE!" Attalas screams as he draws his gigantic sword... "SETTIN AN AMBUSH ARE YA!?"

"Quick Vidor, gut the wench before her mates arrive"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
--> Not sure what I need to hear a bellowing ogre while sleeping.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

+10 for Yelling, -10 for Sleeping

Perception 1d20 + 7 + 10 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 10 - 10 = 18

Mobo's crimson eyes open, as he rolls over to see what has Attalas upset.

Perception w/ Darkvision 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Perception.

With the ogre now awake singing his sword madly and screaming the Ulfen too leaps up and starts screaming in skald for things to be burned, women to be raped, and all glory given to Gorum.


The figures hiding just outside of the torchlight scream in fear, turn around and run away as fast as they can!

The shocked girl just stares at Attalas' mighty sword and tears fill her eyes

Please, don't eat me!

she sobs...


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"EAT YOU! Oh, by no means would he eating you, my dear. But, chopping you to bits, that I cannot say. You will now be telling us why you are creeping around in the dark with a bunch of friends hiding in the dark."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Evangelist 6

Gang rape. You see viable mates rarely come through here thus they need Vidor's seed to be added to the genetic pool in order to lower the risk of birth defects. Seeing as Attalas may have the same issue and seeing as the might of GORUM might render their reproductive organs useless you were the only viable candidate for reproduction.


I...my family told me to lure you into the darkness... the girl bursts out in a sudden moment of truth We needed a new sacrifice, otherwise I would have been given to HIM!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"You'd hardly make an entree"

"Ragnvald, lets go make us a proper lunch"

Attalas begins advancing on the shadows.


The shadows race further away from you, back to the safety of the village proper.

Do you still want to pursue them?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Hmm not smart to split ourselves up too far... we have the girl, she will tell us what we want to know and who they were"


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Well that is not very welcoming at all! Looks like this village is a den of evil! The whores of Asmodeous have come to call and we shall send them back to their dark master. This village must be burned to the ground along with the bodies. We shall make this damned place an example for those who would follow a dark one." Vidor screams at the top of his lungs in perfect common tongue. Suddenly the filandering gypsy seems so much less so.

Vidor has taken on the role of Witch Hunter. Things are about to get "Grim and Perilous" for these town folk.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Burn town down for Zarongel. Spare Applesauce."

Mobo glares at the girl, dogslicer and bang-stick drawn, both pointed at her.

Intimidate 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 4 = 9

"Who is Him?"


M Human Evangelist 6

"To hells with this wretched town!" Ragnvald roars. "Had I my warband I would have ridden over this pathetic speck of a village and left nothing but sorrow and flames in my wake! Who is this him girl! Tell me quickly or I will show you pain, misery and horror of such magnitude as would make the goblin sick!"

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Intimidate

1,601 to 1,650 of 3,652 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.