Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


101 to 150 of 3,652 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Reflex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Damage 1d10 ⇒ 10

The chunk of masonry hits the Ogre fair and square right on the top of the head with a sickening crack... at first it seems as though not much happened, but then he gets a bit of a sad look on his face. Moments later a thick stream of blood gouts out of the horrible gash and torn flesh at his crown.

He rubs his head and looks down at the picture of Iomedae "That wasn't very nice lady"

"The falling lady hits my head,
Any harder I'd be dead
All I did was share my bread
Now I got a lump that bled..."

He seems to cheer up slightly.

"Brick pants, you know, when someone gets so scared they make bricks in their pants. Does anyone have a bandage? My noggin hurts"

"Oh the man in my dreams, well I never saw an axe. Didn't really see a man neither, just a cloaky figure, coulda been anone or anything under that... reckon if it was a monster though she woulda brick pants straight away, not got worried then got scaredy. So they mustn't have been too ugly. I know; a few times people saw me coming and wee'd their pants as they thought they was going to be eaten, thats how people can act to big uglies, so reckon hoody man must have been a normal"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria tries not to giggle as the Hobgoblin is bombarded by books.

Watch out! I think there's a magical trap in there that makes the books fly at you!

Cast Detect Magic.

She holds her hand out and a book flies into it. Cast Mage Hand What kind of books are these? she asks, opening it.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

While Mobo helps Attalas he looks up at the ceiling and sticks his tongue out as Asmodeus.

"What did hood person do in Your dream?"


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I dunno, I woke up after that. She wasn't real afraid at first, but then she did get real scared. Didn't see what he was doing other than walking toward her."

"Have you got a bandage for my noggin? I'm making a mess here"


M Human Evangelist 6

Well that's an inauspicious start. So before Ragnvald break character and heals the giant meat stick with his only heal does anyone have a solution?


Patrissa: Oh boy, that must have hurt! Here my big and strong defender, take this potion it will heal your wounds. CMW CL 4

Sir Rekkart: But...wasn't the potion for me...I mean... then he turns to the commotion north of him Oh Malgrim, I didn't know you like books at all?

@ Nymeria: As you cast your spell, the whirlwind stops abruptly and the books fall down. There is no lingering aura of magic which surprises you. As you get down to pick up one of the books, you notice that all books are closed, except of one whose title is: Punish the Guilty.

It is opened on a page that reads: We, entrusted with justice, must be above reproach. Those who fail to serve justice blindly shall reap what they sow.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Looking at the woman again with his slightly leery gaze he takes the potion... the stare he gives the man for interjecting is a little beady and nasty.

Potion Heal 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 7) + 4 = 15

He slams down the potion and smiles broadly.

"Thanks lady if you ever end up as a damsel in distress then you can always talks to me, I'm not a knight or nuffin, but geez I can hit things real hard!"


Patrissa: I'm just happy that I've found such a sturdy defender.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Well why would people want to bust your head? You seem nice. Did you know Mordy? Do you think he wants your bones?"


Patrissa: Oh no, I hope not. And yes, I know him from the trial...he killed his wife and son and I think we did the right thing back then.

Halgrak: Yeah sure...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez sits back down, puts her feet up and crosses her arms, you cannot tell whether she is resting or sitting in a huff.

The exits are trapped, if they are exits at all. And we all had strange related, but different dreams. I think there must be something in the dreams, I cannot guarantee anything, but somewhere there must be a solution.

Or you can all continue to ignore the little blue haired girl while I watch you all get yourselves killed.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Uuummm... Nymeria says, returning to the center of the room with a book. I think you should take a look at this book... It's called Punish the Guilty. She reads aloud I found it opened to a page that reads: "We, entrusted with justice, must be above reproach. Those who fail to serve justice blindly shall reap what they sow..." Does anybody else find that strange? What do you think it means? Maybe...maybe that to serve justice truly and honorably...you have to...um...be unbiased and...give the defendant the benefit of the doubt...or else?


Sir Rekkart: Yes, you're right, exactly that is the way a juror has to behave. "Punish the Guilty" is a handbook for judges and jurors published for free by the church of Iomedae, so it's no surprise that you found it in the judge's room.

Halgrak: Does anyone remember the name of the judge?

Knowledge Local DC 20:

The judge's name was Silman Trabe, he was known for being very lawful, but also very harsh in his judgments.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

As soon as Nymeria mentions justice being blind and unbiased, Jez begins to scan the room to see if anyone shows fear or anxiety. I want to know if someone was unbiased and afraid of being caught.

Perception:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Jezbazeel:

Ebin is still too occupied with his shoulder wound. Sir Rekkart sadly looks at Patrissa, he seems unable to understand what she finds about the ogre. Patrissa meanwhile caresses Attalas' forehead. Malgrim looks around like a wild animal. Halgrak sullenly gazes at his boots and Killian has begun to investigate the other door.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

After watching the group:

Hey, Halgrak, how did you lose half of your foot?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo stares intently at a tuft of blue fur on the back of his hand and begins to quickly bite it like a dog trying to catch a flea, though he intently listens to everything the Big Folk are saying.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Sense Motive 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald snaps. "The only thing I dreamed last night was being hanged woman. I can think of a thousand reasons and a thousand people who might seek that fate of me. Are you a dreamspeaker? Is anyone here? Does any of it matter? Would you rather seek a way out or be splattered in the gnomes blood as the spirit punishes him for another tasteless jest?" Ragnvald sighs and calms down a bit. "All the dreams have done is connect you to this and showed you what is already known. The only pieces to whatever puzzle you seek are here in the waking world...should we even call it that." Turning away from the blue haired woman he looks at the ogre. "Ogre, how fare you?"

Ok that's what I get for taking a while to type up a post.


Halgrak becomes uneasy as more eyes rest on him, he shakes his head and mutters

You don't have to know...

Malgrim: Who cares about Five-Toes missing toes, eh? Hey Ragnvald, let's try the western door, kay?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Halgrak, when did Mord chop off the front of your foot? I bet it really hurt and you wanted revenge didn't you.

I put my feet down and stand up ready to draw my falchion if necessary.


Utterly flabbergasted the half-orc eyes you

What? No, I had no reason to hate him, really, I swear it!

Sense Motive Dc 12:

The orc is so surprised that you guess he speaks the truth.

Sir Rekkart: Hmm but the question is really interesting, how did you lose your foot?

Ebin: Maybe he stuck it too deep into someone's arse, hah!


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Sensemotive

Ragnvald pays attention to the sound reasoning of the blue haired woman but turns away towards the western door by the hobgoblin when the half orc speaks. Turning back to shoot the gnome a nasty look. "Perhaps yours next then? T'would be funny indeed! Hah!"

With that he throws open the western doors. "Let truth be found in the triumph over fear."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Careful there Ebin, you already ticked off a ghost once, next time it may not miss.

So who here had relationships with Mord before being named to the jury?

I look around the room.

Looking at the over makeuped woman:
Did you have a relationship with him that went sour Patrissa?

Turning to the hobgoblin:
How about you Malgrim? Did Mord slight you and then refuse to meet in combat?

Looking at the Sir Rekkart:
And you good Paladin. Did Mord somehow insult you lady and view of justice?

Staring for a moment at the gnome:
He didn't find you funny did he. You hated Mord for that.

Finally, looking at the quiet Killian:
And you, the mysterious one, did you desire his wife and she refused you?

I truly do not care what your relations are with Mord, all I care about is getting out of here. Now will someone tell me exactly what evidence was presented which showed Mord guilty? You found guilt, what was presented which might have been false or misleading resulting in a man turning into an apparition and haunting the scene of his death?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"My head is better now Ragnvald, just messy."

"The blue hair lady makes sense, reckon the ghosty of Mord thinks you lot done him wrong and now he's going to make it even. So like the lady says, who knew Mordy before the trial and got to stitching him up? Reckon someone must be a liar eh? If'n you speak soon we might be able to set things straighty for him, because I think he's reckoning on getting some stretchy necks around here"

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 16

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Mobo not know Mord. Mobo not even that old. But Mobo is here because the Captain... sleeps with Zugmugot now. Mobo will tell you Big Folk what you want, though. No stretchy neck for me."


Patrissa: Me and Mord...yuck, that's disgusting!

Malgrim: The hobgoblin grins wickedly and replies If Mord and I have had an appointment and he wouldn't had turned up...there would have been no need to hang the little pieces that would remain of him.

Sir rekkart: Now please, miss, no false accusations.

Halgrak: Right, we had enough of those.

@ Ragnvald:

Eight enormous marble pillars fill this great hall, holding aloft grand balconies. Years of dust cover the floor and muslin coverings are draped over the railings of baroque staircases curling like lazy serpents up to the raised landings above. A rusted chandelier above sheds the dim light of a few guttering candles. An impressive grandfather clock more than ten feet tall rests against the center of the western wall, its face decorated with guilty souls suffering Asmodeus' torments: eviscertaion, force-feasting of coals, scalding blades tearing them apart, and other less savory punishments. The clock stands between a set of impressive oak doors and a lone oak door of equitable splendor, identical to another set across the hall. The largest set of doors is at the south end of this long hall. They are barred against the night.

Courthouse

Malgrim: Wow, had forgotten how large this hall was.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas wanders behind the group, this time ensuring he doesn't stand below anything heavy...

"I was askin if any of you chums knew Mordy before the trial? Well, did ya's?"


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald frowns at the hobgoblin and points to the chandelier. "But who lit the candles?"

Stepping cautiously Ragnvald makes his way to the grandfather clock curious as he has not seen such a device before. Ragnvald avoids going underneath the Chandeleir.


Sir Rekkart: Well, everyone of us knew Mord, he was the executioner of Beldrin's Bluff...a operson everyone knew.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Falling gods and evil flying words and scary guy is worried that ghost is lighting way so we can see?"

Mobo follows behind, red eyes darting to and fro

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4
DM Zyren / Heart of Journeys wrote:
Sir Rekkart: Well, everyone of us knew Mord, he was the executioner of Beldrin's Bluff...a operson everyone knew.

"So he was a person everyone probably hated and feared, don't reckon he'd be seeing a fair chance from you lot any fairer than I got treated in my village eh? Reckon it was a good idea for you all to judge him? He doesn't reckon so, I reckon he thinks you lot fixed him up...and before this is all done I reckon we will be seeing the guts and brains of the guilty"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Crashing rocks and flying books
you'll all end up on meaty hooks
Mordy coming to avenge yer lies
and he will poke out both your eyes
Mordy reckons someone cheated
so black and blue you're gonna be beated
Mordys cross and he wont stop
until yer bloody head goes pop"

The Ogre looks dead impressed with himself, and then at the goblin expectantly, "Hows that one?"

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo claps excitedly. "You do real good. Mobo is gonna keep you."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez watches the Ogre and the opens her eyes at his stirring ode to Mord.

Wow, Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present Attalas, the ogre who proves the word is stronger than the sword.


M Human Evangelist 6

RAgnvald continues staring at the clock. He contemplates smashing it.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I'm not too bad with the words, I'm just not too good with people. I like making funny rhymes, my dad always said that I should make rhymes and laugh instead of punching people that teased me"

"What is that clock Ragnvald? You don't seem to like it"


As Ragnvald comes close to the clock, it suddenly goes berserk, tolling and clanging dissonantly in a so forceful way that it makes you fall to your knees as images of strangulation, murder by axe and a large hooded figure flash through your mind.

Everyone Will save DC 15 to avoid 1d4 Wisdom Damage.

Sir Rekkart: Argh!

Patrissa: What is this!?

Halgrak: I knew it, I knew it!

Ebin: That's not funny, not at all, arghl.

Courthouse


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Will save 1d20 ⇒ 7
Will Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

The Ogre looks at the mad clock, stunned, and then its noise clearly upsets him and he starts advancing on the clock clearly ready to stop it for good.

"UNGH!"


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Will save.
1d4 ⇒ 1
*sigh*

Raising his sword he decies to simply destroy the offending time piece before it annoys him further.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18Attack
2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14 Damage


With a cacophony of distorted clangs the clock is ripped to pieces by Ragnvald, a moment later everything's quiet again. (@ everyone, don't forget to roll your saves.)

@Tark: You're not feeling well in horror adventures, do you? :)


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Will Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Temp Will Reduction = - 1[/dice]
__________

[b] What the heck was that? Ok, lets just find this Mord and Mord him for good. While I may not follow the Savored Sting, I can see that there are times when vengeance is just.

I begin heading toward the door on the northern end of the hall on the east wall.


M Human Evangelist 6
DM Zyren / Heart of Journeys wrote:

With a cacophony of distorted clangs the clock is ripped to pieces by Ragnvald, a moment later everything's quiet again. (@ everyone, don't forget to roll your saves.)

@Tark: You're not feeling well in horror adventures, do you? :)

The difference is Karlan will come up with a sound plan with concern for his allies and the most minimal damage to himself and others possible with the least amount of fighting. Ragnvald will just rip and tear. But yes horror adventures are out to get me this week. Just means I need to tread carefully in the carrion crown game.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Will Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Mobo shakes his head as Ragnavld shreds the clock. "Stupid boss devil being noisy. Go back to Hell. Everybody has their brains still in their heads?"


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Will:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Oh! What is that awful noise?! Nymeria calls, stepping into the room with her hands on her ears. ...oh! She exclaims as the clock is destroyed. Well that works...

Nymeria walks around the room for a while before she speaks up.

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

I've been thinking about what I know about the trial... I think the Judge was Silman Trabe. He was known for being very lawful, but also very harsh in his judgments...


Sir Rekkart: You see, very lawful, so this is the proof that the trial was orderly conducted...thank you Ragnvald for stopping the noise...

Malgrim: He lights a cigar and grins Well, let's see what our lady in blue is about to find out. he follows Jezbazeel to the north eastern door.

You open the doors and look down a gloomy corridor that opens into a room with several iron cages that take up most of the area. The barred doors are open and a few swing eerily, although no wind blows down here in the dark. In the lane stretching between these cages lies a headless skeleton, one arm folded beneath it awkwardly, the other outstretched from its side.

BTW: Anyone with the track feat?

Courthouse

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Following Jezbazeel, "Cages! This must be where babies are kept. Yep yep. That one there not strong. It not get far from cage."

Mobo will move to get a closer look at the skeleton.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


M Human Evangelist 6
DM Zyren / Heart of Journeys wrote:


BTW: Anyone with the track feat?

Track is no longer a feat. Anyone with survival can track. Tracking for rangers and inquisitors only gives you a bonus to those rolls.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

The big Ogre is standing WEEEEELLL back from anyone who is undertaking the perilous actions of 'looking at anything'.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald shakes the images from his head. "Orderly conducted? So everyone decided unanimously that a man be put to death? Including all those who saw him do the bloody deed?"


M Human Evangelist 6
Attalas wrote:

The big Ogre is standing WEEEEELLL back from anyone who is undertaking the perilous actions of 'looking at anything'.

Poor guy. All he wants is to eat his moldy bread and make some half ogres.

101 to 150 of 3,652 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.