Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,401 to 1,450 of 3,652 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Meanwhile the village hears the din of the hammer striking iron over at the forge...


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

As the she-devil stands at the trading post a familiar voice breaks from thin air. "Hahahaha, I am seeing you are enjoying the sights around my most beautiful Varisia! I can also see you are not getting the things that you are to seeking. Perhaps I can be assisting with the helping.", the accent is obviously Varisian and of gypsy decent.


A skilled smith as Attalas does not need very long to make a nice pig poker and after only two hours he has produced a toll that will serve generations of Podels!

Sadly Harican is already gone to help prepare the feast...

The festival ground is in the centre of the village, beer banks are set up and large tables are carried over from the mayor's house. A small podium is errected and everything is decorated with colourful swamp flowers.

It smells of exotic spices and vegetables and if you weren't surrounded by this ghastly and desolate swamp this would really look like a nice village fair...

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo enjoys the scenery as follows the ogre around.

"Big poker. You could skewer lots of enemies. Or pigs."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Since Harican had wandered off, I head out and see if there is anyone around. I would like to learn more about this festival and why all the kids seem to have blood sucking birds as pets.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Jezbazeel, just because I am making the invisbility does not mean you need to ignore me!",calls the disembodied voice.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I turn back and look at Vidor. Wow, you know how to talk. I figured the ghosts in the courthouse had stolen you voice. You have not said anything for over a month. Anyway, glad to have you back. I am trying to figure out why everyone here has stirges as pets. If we were in the Worldwound, I would understand having stirges and quasits as pets, but not in Varisia.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"I thought I was invisble this entire time, hahaha. That is why one should not fool around with magic that they do not undetstand! I attamted to cast a spell that I just thought I might be able to without any instruction. I must have only got half of it correct. What can I say, there are some very strange people in this country. I for one would not prefer to be hanging around such a person."


Jez wanders off to the festival ground and meets several Podels here who are all willing to answer her questions

Stirges? Why not? There are lots of them around and other pets don't get very old in this area, heh!

Founder's Festival? We celebrate it every full moon to the honour of the first settlers who came here! It's the only distraction of our life full of hardship, everyone loves it - why don't you join us and compete in the festival?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Who were these first settlers? Where did they come here from and why did they decide to settle in a swamp. Thinking of which, what is the main resource around here? Mining? Hunting? Farming?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas looks about for anyone else needing work done. If there's nothing else to be made, he starts hammering out some 'costume' armour and weapons for the kids.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald lets the more gregarious Jez do what she wills simply hoping they could be gone from this place sooner rather than later.


Main resource? the man looks a bit confused before he makes a sweeping gesture over the swamps

The mud! It's very fertile but extremely difficult to cultivate! The first families that settled here? No one knows that, all their descendants died, only the Kriegels, the mayor's family survived over the course of time. Their blood is strong.

While working on armours for the kids Attals gets to know what kind of competitions there will be during the festival

We have the Dreamer's Leap, the Falling Stars, Raven Fights, a three legged race and the very best thing: The Greased Pig!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Those sound fun, what are they all?"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Who are these Kriegels? Are any of them in the crowd, perhaps I should talk with them.


The Krieglers? Mayor Andretti is the head of their family, they ruled Ravenmoor since it was founded.

the man says with a shrug.

----

The friendly villagers grin as Attals asks about the game

We won't tell you, it's even better if you don't know too much about it before the festival begins!


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Ooh, I like games!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

To Nymeria: I have really only been in two types of games. Battles to the death growing up. And Gladiatorial fights. Hopefully the festival games are very different.
________

To the villagers: How long ago was Ravenmoor founded? And what happened to the shrine to Desna? It is unusual to see such a shrine abandoned.


Oh the church? Burnt down about three years ago...quite a tragedy since the priest and his two female acolytes also died in the flames...how long ago it was founded you ask? Mhmmm...well I guess a pretty long time ago, like 300 years or so.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"So shaman and his mates got burned? And Mobo no see anybody with three legs."


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"Most of the games my family were involved with resulted in people losing their coin, hahahaha, oh the memories."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, you could also lose your memories. It is amazing what demonic possession does to a person.


M Human Evangelist 6

"I remember such games as a teenager." Ragnvald says as he downs the swamp brew. "We took heads along with the coin."


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"You two are much to seriousness for Varisia, I tell you. Many strange questions you will be having if you are having lighter attitude. Life is good, yes, very good. I make you soup....eh, not soup, hehehe. I am meaning,ah, super, yes! That is what I am meaning! Come,come, we go have super fun time now."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Turning to Ragnvald: Yes, lets enjoy the festivities. But we will all have to be on the lookout. Something very strange is going on in this town. We will all have to be very careful what we eat. I would say to bring all food and drink by me before consuming anything here. I can purify food and drink which should destroy any poison.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Food look good to me! Maybe while we play games Elf-wart play with Applesauce!"

"Here we are in Ravenmoor,
Where festivals fight the bore,
What fun for us is in store,
From town that is taxes poor!"

"Attalas he make a poker,
Red stirge play with Elf-wart croaker,
Play the games like a joker,
Until we find our lost taxbroker."


The preparations finally come to an end shortly before the sun sets. The festival ground is ornated with the nicest swampf flowers and a large bonfire surrounded by beer banks burns in the middle of the market square.

All families of Ravenmoor have gathered here and now they all await mayor Krieglers presense with great anticipation. As you reach the scene Viorec Korzha quickly scurries over to you and says

You can sit at my table!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas moves in to the feast area, but hangs on the edges.

Experience has taught him that town folk tend to get funny about Ogres when drunk, and the beer provides them the false courage to act on those ideas.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Seeing the ogre sitting at the fringes of the festival, Vidor strolls right over to him and strikes up a conversation. "Big friend, why do you avoid the fun to be had? Does your kind not like the merry making?"


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I used to have to clean up the end of the merry making. I just come for the food. I might play the games too. See what they is first, maybe I'll go in the drinking contest..." he seems to smirk a little at that.


Are the others joining Viorec and his family?

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo sits near Viorec and Attalas.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald follows along for lack of better things to do. It occurs to him to perhaps regale them with a song of bloodshed and heroism. But then reminds himself that it is unlikely these people have ever known what true battle ever was. The rush, the carnage, the peace of knowing no other decision but to kill, no other thought but to act and react. For the first time since he began his long journey the son of Gorum felt homesick.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Seeing her companions joining Viorec, Jez wanders over and grabs a seat.


Once you have all seated yourself it takes only some moments until the festival is opened by former mayor Andretti Kriegler.

He wears a strange brown and ragged robe and a mask that resembles a mutated and evil parody of a human face. In this strange costume he runs around the fire and makes strange noises that remind you of some sort of litany, but you are unable to understand or even make out single words or phrases. Faster and faster he runs around the fire and suddenly he vanishes in a cloud of smoke!

Everyone around the fire laughs and cheers and you are the only ones who furrow their brows...Then Viorec stands up and shouts

Time for the Dreamer's Leap! and he begins to sprint towards the fire and jumps right over it! Soon other men and women follow his example - this seems to be the first competition of the festival.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

To the others: I think that they must use a little too much pesh during pregnancy here.

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Time to jump for Zarongel,
If I fall, I burn well!
Goblin meat an awful smell.
Will I make it? Who can tell!?"

Mobo giggles and run towards the fire and tries to leap over it as the others have.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Mobo elegantly hops over the fire and many villagers nod their heads in respect for the small jumper.

Anyone else before the fire is enlarged?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

What the heck, you only burn once.

Jez takes a clumsy run at the fire and jumps.
Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 16 <-- Can I make straight strength checks in the future rather than untrained acrobatics?


uh...no!

Jez easily jumps over the fire!


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas simply sits back, a broad grin on his face as though this is the (potential) height of great humour...


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald watches impassively but does not try to impose or interfere electing to stay out of the game where they burn themselves alive.


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

Vidor is too busy admiring the women to worry about jumping over fires.


The second round is already harder when the fire is enlarged by atleast one diamter - several villagers catch minor burns and the spectators laugh and cheer - then it's Mobo's turn and everyone looks expectantly at the little goblin.

Meanwhile the masked former mayor explains the roots of this strange competition

We do the Dreamer's Leap in honour of Desna who told us that it sometimes only takes courage and bravery to leap from a dream to its realisation!

Dark Archive

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Excitedly Mobo shouts, "Fire not for dreamers! Fire to remind us where we come from, and to send enemies back to Hell!"

Once more the gunslinger takes a running leap at the pyre.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

This is a really bad idea.

Jez follows the brave, or is it foolish, goblin over the flames.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 12


While Mobo still has lots of space between him and the fire, Jet gets burned 2 pts of fire damage and by that falls out of the competition.

Looking around Mobo realizes that only he and Viorec are left after this round!


Male Human (Varisian) 2 Wizard Illusionist

"The little grobi is much acrobatic, yes?" Vidor says to no one in particular.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Wonder how far I could toss him in a pinch" Attalas also remarks to no one in particular.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Ouch.

Suddenly hearing Attalas. Perhaps they have a goblin toss later this evening.

1,401 to 1,450 of 3,652 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.