Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,251 to 1,300 of 3,652 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

The goblins all point in unison at one of their group, who then begins to stammer

Goblin:

I seen Smash your Face - but he told me, he wants to be called "Eat your Eyes" I should spread the word among my tribe so he knows who his friends are.

From outside you suddenly hear loud gasping and very heavy footsteps advancing...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Putting my hand to my lips in the universal sign for quite.

Shhh, we have company.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 <-- I quietly hide where only the blind would likely not see me.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria presses herself against the middle wall of the cave right where everyone can see her.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Attalas attempts to emulate his friends hiding...

Then he decides against it and just stands out in the open resting on his sword in a friendly but assertive manner.


M Human Evangelist 6

Shaking his head at the various attempts at Stealth Ragnavald stands behind and a little to the side of Attalas.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"The only people who try and hide are people up to no good I reckon, seems like a funny way to greet people and then says you weren't doing nothing wrong when they find you hiding in their house eh?"


M Human Evangelist 6

"Bah, this just makes it faster to get to the inevitable brawl."

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Now we meet Mr. Smash-Your-Face or Eat-Your-Eyes."

Goblin:
"If this go bad, Mobo and his Big Folk protect you. Stay behind me... until fighting starts. If smashing happens, at least save my ogre."

Mobo proudly stands in front of the Licktoads, puffed up with a grin shining from 'neath his low-brim hat.

Mobo breathes in deeply, his blue patch fur/hair bristling. Activating his scent ability for the next minute.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"But what if it's a girl?"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I cannot say that I am an expert on ogres, although there were more than a few in the armies of the Worldwound. However, I doubt that most ogresses are big fans of flowers, unless they are stuck in the mouth of whatever recent kill you are offering her. Remember Attalas, you are a good person with a good heart, few other of your giant brethren will be likewise. So please be careful.

Realizing the futility of trying to hide, Jez steps up next to her larger companions.

Do we still have Cordrin in the campaign? I have not seen any posts in weeks and we should get a replacement before we get too far into this module. We can always offer the elf as a sacrifice if necessary.


Sable wanted to contact him I guess?!

Suddenly the cave opening darkens as a large shadow block the sun from you. A stone-grey head - reminding you a bit of a statue - with glowing yellow eyes is the next thing you see. Mobo's friends were right, the cave owner with the strange name is indeed a stone giant!

Huh! Wadda ya da ina my cava?

The foul odour of the thing is impressive and even Attalas flinches at the stench of foul meat, sweat and worse things the giant emanates.

The goblins loudly gulp in unison and point at the giant

Goblin:

It's him! It's him!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Giant:

We were admiring your artwork. This bearded fellow. Pointing at the painting of the taxman. I would like to find him if you know him.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas looks at the Giant with some concern, not being used to seeing things bigger than him.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Wow, Eat-Your-Eyes. You so big! We look for Axe man human."


M Human Evangelist 6

"Which leads me to wonder why it would bother eating eyeballs. At that size they'd hardly be considered seasoning let alone a meal."


The giant seems to have a hard time listening so several people at once - after a moment of deep concentration he decides to answer to Ragnvald

I lika eyeballsa - sweeta and softa - but musta eat alot...mhm...I'ma hungry....

The goblins now look even more frightened, but the monster goes on and looking at Jez he says

You lika me cava? I lika the colour of your eyesa, hah! Me not know man on tiny pictura - he not hear when I found cava.

At last he turns to Mobo and his goblins and says

You cleva! You not call me Smash your faca, like the other goblins! My name is now Eat your Eyesa!

The creature is obviously totally demented/insane, but the bulging muscles on his arms don't let you forget that he is immensely dangerous.


M Human Evangelist 6

"Hrm, well we've seen all we need to see then. We should be moving along. Villages to burn. Taxemen to collect. That sort of business." Says the cleric giving a window in which to climb out of.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Smiling - Well my friend Eata-your-eyesa, thank you for your help. We really need to find this man. And have appreciated your hospitality. Should we meet again, I will buy you a rack of lamb and some eyeball soup.

Jez nods her head to the goblins indicating that it its time to begin a slow withdrawal.


The goblins are surprisingly clever and understand at once when it comes to fleeing...slowly and trying to look unsuspicious they shuffle out of the cave, shielding their eyes...not from the sun, but from the greedy gaze of the giant.

Outside of the cave you get the first good look at the monster and yes, he's at least an impressive 4.5m tall, with thick muscles and a stone club heavy enough to make jelly of you with one hit.

The giant seems satisfied with you leaving the cave - lucky you! He even waves goodbye once you leave the bluff area.

Goblin:

Axeman gone north we say, we didn't meet him in the south or east, great water is in the west, so he must have gone north.

says the cleverest of all goblins once you are out of the giant's reach.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, what direction next? We still must get to Ravenmoor at some point.

What is Gorum going to say that his chief evangelist just walked away from a prime opportunity to battle with a stone giant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

He hasn't noticed it yet - too occupied with wrestling a whole team of naked valkyries

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"My Licktoad friends say he went North. They not meet him in South or East and big water in West. So if Ravenmoor North, we head North."

Mobo waves goodbye to Eat-Your-Eyes and makes a mental note of where the cave is to visit later with optical gifts.

Goblin:
"Licktoads real brave, they see Eat-Your-Eyes and not get smashed or eaten! When Mobo finds Axeman, he come back. Mobo Bang-Dead will help Licktoads. They are friends and maybe my clan someday."

Mobo gives the last of his Halgrim toes to the Licktoad goblins as thanks, and makes sure the yellow toad he was gifted is snugly tucked away in his goblin felt.

Goblin:
"Me call toad Elf-Wart!"

"Licktoads showed us to the cave,
Face the giant very brave,
No eyeballs for him to shave,
Or Licktoad goblins for his slave!"

"Elf-Wart in the pack he goes,
Jump when Nymeria never knows,
Where he pees warts can grows,
Lick him and colors he shows!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

North it is.

I put my sword away and start to head north figuring everyone else will follow.


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald follows behind.

Crazy. Not stupid.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas seems satisfied that all his friends are alive, and continues to follow on the party. He seems a bit incredulous that you can grow so big just by eating faces and/or eyeballs.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I wonder where that giant came from. Not easy to hide when you are that big. And that smelly.

Looking over to Mobo - You have any more treats? That meat in the cave was good, but I am already hungry again.


The goblins look a bit sad as Mobo leaves them and one even bites into his toad not to start crying...you leave them behind and soon they are not more than yellow/green dots on a large field of grass.

During the next days you travel further northwards and on the evening of the fifth day you reach the outskirts of the Ravenmoor.

A forlorn land: brown, grey and dark green dominate the landscape which consists of moory swampland with crippled fir trees, small islands, large ponds and a gloomy sun above it all.

The permanent humming of mosquitos and gnats surrounds you and you wonder why someone would want to build a village here. A narrow path leads further and on the right of it is a sign that reads

Ravenmoor - 10 miles

below it is a smaller sign - which looks fairly new

Taxes PAID!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Ok all, looks like we are almost here. Remember, we need to try to fit in and get information - which may be difficult with an elf, but we will do the best we can. Everyone on their best behavior. That no starting fights Ragnvald.


M Human Evangelist 6

"I traded in the smell of goblins for the smell of a dank bog." Slapping at an errant mosquito he growls. "At least they didn't attempt to steal my blood."

Looking down at the sign Ragnvald smiles with bemusement. "Looks like our job is already done."

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo's rations of goblin pickles grow lean over the hike, and between teaching Goblin and trying to learn Giant, he pets his new toad Elf-Wart, and polishes Boomstick.

"Bah. Dumb sign. What it know? It has words. It can't be right. We find Axeman the Taxman."


The last ten miles of your journey are by far the hardest ones - there are so many mosquitos that the smallest one among you have to fear to get drained of their blood before they reach the hamlet - luckily the mentioned one possesses a very hungry toad with an impressively long tongue that is very good in catching the insects mid-flight...

After you have jumped over yet another flooded part of the path, the first houses with thatched roofs come into sight. There are about 30 of them centrered around a well and a small market place. Thin lines of smoke rise from several chimneys and proff that someone is there, even though the streets are empty.

Some of the houses have small gardens or fenced in areas for keeping goats or sheep.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"This place looks nice, real friendly!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Does not look like a bunch of tax avoiding outlaws. Lets see if there is an inn. It is clear that they consider their taxes paid. But the question is, where is the taxman. Actually, we should act with great tact, after all, if they did pay the taxman, then they will be very interested in finding him and assuring that Magnimar gets their taxes. Nobody likes to pay their taxes twice, and nobody like somebody stealing from them by absconding with their tax payments.


M Human Evangelist 6

Looking down, then up, then straight at all the monsters he says. "Perhaps it's best that you reassure them that you're not going to burn their cottages to the ground and devour their children and horses before attempting anythin as intricate as tax collection. Of course you could attempt to collect tribute instead."


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Calmly turning and looking at the crazed Ulfen:

My understanding is that we are seeking to find the taxman, not collect taxes.


So - enter the village?


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas walks forward, leading into the village.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Onward.


Attalas has nearly reached the small bridge that leads over the creek at the edge of the village as you all suddenly here an annoying voice shouting loudly

Aaaapplesauce! Aaaapplesauce, c'mer boy!


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria tries to get a closer look.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo looks around for the voice or for Aaaapplesauce.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Nymeria spots a straw-blonde young boy running towards you from the banks of the creek - Mobo however is unable to spot the child since a large crimson stirge hovers directly into his direction!


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Do we all see the stirge? And are we in combat now?


This thing is fast! Irf you manage a Dc 20 Perception you may take an action - if you would like to enter combat, just tell me and I'll roll for initiative.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Jez sees nothing and continues to scan around for some applesauce.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Perception 1d20 ⇒ 5

Attalas watches Jez who is looking at something else.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Suddenly Jez has a thought, apparently not a very good one.

Maybe they like applesauce in this town. Did anyone see any apple trees on the road into town, we could pick some to get some bonus points with the locals. Knowing a little of their customs can't hurt.


M Human Evangelist 6

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5Perception

Ragnvald looks in Attalas's direction, realizes that from his height it is far from a pleasant sight and shields his eyes.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Distracted, Mobo lunges, trying to catch the stirge.

CMB 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Come to Mobo, bug!"


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

As Mobo starts to talk, Jez turns to see what type of bug is the next meal.

1,251 to 1,300 of 3,652 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.