Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys

Game Master Zyrenity

A series of PF modules! Now playing: Feast of Ravenmoor!


1,051 to 1,100 of 3,647 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

Attalas looks at the two pitchers, clearly wondering with some consternation what the rest of the party is planning on drinking...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Seeing Attalas' sad look, Jez flags down the serving girl and asks for two more pitchers.

The time has come;
To start a scrum;
Mousey Jeminda is her name;
Now what is her game;
The tax man's gone missing;
Perhaps he's just pissing;
No news we'll find in Magnimar;
So our travels will take us far;
Lets get this meeting done;
So that we can start the fun;
Into the wild the six shall go;
Beware enemies our powers grow.


One by one large pitchers of ale, mead and wine are brought while Jeminda nibbles at a rice-cracker. As soon as everyone has something to drink in front of him the mousey woman says

The whole thing must be treated with absolute discreetness! I smuggled my brother in law - Arnolf - into the tax collector business...before that he worked as a bandit and pirate, but he swore me he is now on the side of the law...ahem...yeah well, his first mission was to travel to Ravenmoor, a small village in the Varisian Hinterlands...I sent him there because I had found out that someone had forgotten to collect the taxes there for several years and now the tax debt had accumulated to 500gp...I guess you know it already? I fear Arnolf has run away with the money...I mean, hopefully not and he was just killed by a bear-dragon-ogre or something...in any case, my wild band of mercenaries should travel to Ravenmoor and find out what happened to Arnolf - the Magnimarian officials must not hear about that, otherwise I will lose my job...

she sighs and nibbles again...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Jez takes several large bites of whatever formerly living meat is before her.

Hmmm, discretion. I realize that the fair elf and grumpy dwarf are likely quite common to you. However, you are also talking to an ogre, a goblin, an Ulfen and me. We can be as discrete as possible, but our group is about a stealthy as a Minotaur in a flask shop.

So, what can you tell us about this hinterland village? Is it full of miscreants and lawbreakers. Jez gives Ragnvald a mischief grin at this comment. Or good law abiding folk, farmers and woodsmen?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Mobo can sneak. Big Folk not notice what they don't want to notice. We not say why we there."


M Human Evangelist 6

"More than likely he was murdered and his entrails strewn across the village. People can have a very poignant view on the collection of taxes. Myself included." Ragnvald smiles to himself lost in some pleasant past memory.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Looking at Ragnvald and shaking my head. You should come visit my homeland sometime. Continuous battles and bloodshed. And no government except the one with the biggest sword or most powerful spells.

You see Jez shudder as she recalls some horrific scene from her youth.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Well, not too many people stop to make small talk with Ogres, so at least they wont ask us too many questions"


M Human Evangelist 6

"No, in small villages they tend to flee for the hills instead." Ragnvald says bluntly.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, if they all run away, it will keep innocent people from getting hurt by mistake.


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"Yah, only the bad men hang around. Makes the job easier when you are a Guardsman"


M Human Evangelist 6

"But harder when your job is to find a specific person."


Male Ogre HP:72/72, - AC: 20/T:12/FF:17 - Perception: +2(Dark Vision) F: +12/R: +3/W: +0 - CMB: +13 - CMD: 27, Speed: 30ft, Init: +5 Warrior 1/Fighter 4

"I usually have to work with crowds."


Jeminda raises her index finger and waits until everyone has stopped talking...aeons later...

Discreeteness is so important because my superiors must not know that I gave the job to a relative...So, when can you begin your travel to Ravenmoor? Do you need a map? What else do you need? Does a wild band of mercenaries need anything at all?

lost in thought she nibbles at her cracker again...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

The more information the better. A map and a description of your man would be preferable. Or we can just randomly wander Varisland, but this might take a while, even for a wild band of mercenaries.


Looking up from her cracker Jeminda nods eagerly and squeaks

Don't worry about the time, my superiors have pretty much forgotten about Ravenmoor anyway heh. Tomorrow you will venture forth then?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Well, it is either venture forth or spend all my time trying to keep the elf from stepping in front of the ogre and goblin while xenophobic locals chase after them with pitchforks. Yup, tomorrow should be good. Do you have a recommended place where we could spend the night? Most inns lack beds for little guys like Attalas.

Also, do you have a map of the area and any notes on what we might encounter between Magnimar and Ravenmoor?


Will scan map later - any other preparations?

Jeminda nods

Oh, you should best stay at my sister's house...I mean, after all I pay the wild band of mercenaries who will find her husband!

The small woman seems to become more and more confident in your presence and as someone at another table points at her, she pokes out her tongue and points at Attalas...soon the other table is empty...


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Once we all finish eating. We head back to her sister's home. We also try to get her to consume at least a few ales or glasses of wine. She really needs to loosen up.

Diplomacy(convince to get drunk): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Nymeria works against Jez if she sees things getting out of hand.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald needs no convincing to imbibe ruinous amounts of alcohol.

You might want to direct your energies in preventing Ragnvald from starting a fist fight with the ogre. Not because he hates him, mind you. But because it would be fun.


Female Half-Elf Sorcerer 4 Bard 0

Naaaaah, I think I'll let that one pan out...:)


Altogether you walk through the marble streets of the City of Monuments and rarely have the cosmopolitan people of Magnimar gave such a wide berth to a group of strangers.

Jeminda however likes her new companions and after some good words from Jez, she has just kept the pincher of ale and tries to hold it with both hands - taking a sip from it now and then.

Her sister's house is in a middle-class district, a small framework house next to an Abadar temple. The neighbours on the street look a bit worried, but Jeminda greets everyone squeaking loudly. By the time you reach the door she is nearly drunk - maybe someone else should knock on the door?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I knock on the door and make sure that the mouse is still upright.

Also, I will question her on any other useful information about Ravenmoor.

Diplomacy(gather info): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


You are a bit surprised to se that Jeminda's sister rather looks like Attalas' sister. A big and burly woman with hands like pans opens the door. Her hair is greasy and there's a lot of dirt under her fingernails.

Jeminda?

The big woman beams at the her much smaller sister and hugs she until Jeminda gasps for air, then she turns to the rest of you

Thanks for bringing my drunken sis home, who are ye?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Your sister asked us to find you missing husband. Unfortunately, despite the good hearts of the members of our group, most inns are not set up, or willing, to accommodate us. So, she said that you would have space that we could use for the night.

And also, I did not think that it would be good to leave her with the scalawags of Magnimar considering her current condition.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


The massive woman gives you a slap on a shoulder and grunts

Nice friends my sister has, come in!

The house is a bit untidy, but mostly clean and Jeminda's sister seems to be the only person living here. Nevertheless, you notice a large oil painting of a bearded man holding three goblin heads in one hand and a large axe in the other.

A now tarnished, once gilded plate underneath the painting reads

Arnolf, slayer of the Frogtorturer-tribe and beloved husband

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

Mobo stares for some time at the painting, looking closely at the goblin heads to see if perhaps the Frogtorturer tribe may have been the estranged kin he hails from. He keeps himself scrunched up in his hat and poncho, hoping not much green skin has been noticed yet.

Transfixed by the painting and the less-shiny quality of the plate, Mobo forgets to be angry by the written words and wonders how long Arnolf has been absent.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Looking at the photo and noticing that Mobo is both transfixed, and rather uncomfortable:

Thank you. Is Arnolf your husband? A fine looking man if I may say so. He looks as though he should be able to take care of himself. Perhaps he has some of my companion Attalas' blood in him.

So, please if we are to find him and bring him back safely, we need all the information you can give us about his disappearance. Did he know anyone in Ravenmoor? Had he been there before for any reason? Did he have any plans other than just receiving the unpaid taxes?


M Human Evangelist 6

Rgnvald is murmuring softly in his unconscious state as being dragged about by the ogre. His body bruised and battered.

Meh, I just figured I'd save time and indicate that I indeed attempted to start a brawl with the ogre and recieved a summary ass kicking. No delusions about my chances in a fist fight there.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Actually, he picked you up by the collar of your armor and you spent about a half hour swinging at him like a little kid at a bully in a cheap cartoon.


M Human Evangelist 6
Jezbazeel Ruckskal wrote:
Actually, he picked you up by the collar of your armor and you spent about a half hour swinging at him like a little kid at a bully in a cheap cartoon.

Ragnvald's not above hitting people with a chair.


I thought that was only the fantasy of a suicidal einherjer...not reality...ogres tend to mix up fighting for fun and fighting for their lives :)

The burly woman, who had just begun to get some chairs and empty the large kitchen table, pauses and looks at the painting

My beloved Arnolf...I always told him that normal and righteous work was nothing for him, but he didn't want to listen...no, he knew no one in Ravenmoor and I promise you that he would not have wasted a day on the road, he loved to lie in my arms and...

Interrupting the private confessions, Jeminda falls with her head on the table and snorts audibly.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

I shake my head. Try as she might, she just could not keep up drink for drink with the ogre. Lets get her to bed, then we can discuss your beloved.

I pick up the mousy woman and carry her to the ogresses spare bed.


Now that jeminda is brought to bed, her sister, which has introduced herself as Delilah - a not quite fitting name - sems to relax a bit.

She fills some tankards with fresh ale and puts a plate with cold roasts on the table.

So, how come you know Jeminda? And how come that she was able to persuade you to search me Arnolf?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

She was looking for, how did she call it, a "Wild Bunch" to search for your brother. As I am sure you know, nepotism is generally frowned upon by the local authorities, so she contacted us and we decided to take the challenge.

Now then, is there anything that you can tell us about your husband that might help us on our search? His likes? His dislikes? The type of people he might talk with? The type of tavern he might frequent?


As she thinks about her husband's habit, she begins to smile and says

He likes every kind of tavern, brawl, contest, fight...he's a real man my Arnolf. He dislikes fragile southernly women, warm beer, cheese, the colour green, harp music...

suddenly she notices that this kind of information might not be the most helpful and concentrates again

So mhhm...I guess if these villagers didn't want to pay he would have tried to conquer the village...he's a bit of a hotspur, you know.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

So, he is the type to feel he should personally represent the power of the state. Well that gives us something. My understanding is that he would be unlikely to use stealth and deceit to accomplish his job.

Does anyone else have any questions for our good hostess?

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

"Beside Frog-torturers, he have enemies?"


Now that Mobo speaks up, Delilah eyes him a bit more closely

Uh...there is no Frogtorturer left to be his enemy, he always claimed to have annihilated the whole - and here I quote - "stinkin' tribe of thrice damned little buggers"...ummm...

there is a moment of awkward silence now before she adds

he always used to kill all his enemies...ahem...


Male Gnome Sorcerer/8 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Attempting to mitigate any misunderstandings, I step forward and pat Mobo and Attalas on the back:

Mobo is one of us. Just as there are evil humans, and many of them, there are also good members of races we would otherwise not generally associate with. Mobo and Attalas are two such good souls.


M Human Evangelist 6

Grumbling Ragnvald rolls over on his side and drools/bleeds on the carpet.


As expected :)

Your talk with Delilah goes on for some more minutes and the burly woman quickly understands that Mobo and Attalas are guys just like you and me...

The next morning a weak drizzle and a cloudy sky await you. Jeminda has a teriible headache and sits at the kitchen table massaging her temples while her sister makes some omelettes from a basket full of eggs.

Cheliax

Male Goblin Gunslinger/6

After deciding that the Frog-torturer's could obviously not be Mobo's tribe as they were weak and got killed, Mobo enjoys the evening and wakes up early for food.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

After saying good morning to Mobo and warning him to not try any of the fingers still attached to the mousy woman.

Morning Jeminda. Sorry about last night, but I must say, you really did have a good time. Hmmm, you look like you have a headache. Let me try to help you with that.

Cast CLW on Jeminda - no clue whether it will help, but why not.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


M Human Evangelist 6

Ragnvald looks refreshed and renewed. He's practically beaming to the point where you fear at any moment he'll go out and slaughter game for the fun of it.


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

2 legged or 4 legged game?


M Human Evangelist 6

How many legs dos a crag linnorm have?


2

Jeminda nods thankfully and really feels a bit better after you have cast your spell. Yawning and stretching she knocks her mug over, but her sister seems to be used to that and quickly catches it before it reaches the ground.

Will you travel today?

Delilah asks only to ask another question before you have time to answer

And why do you call yourself a "Wild band of Mercenaries"?


Female Tiefling - Demon Spawn Fighter(Lore Warden)/2 - Oracle(Lore)/1 - Sorcerer(Crossblooded-Draconic(gold)/Orc)/2 - Dragon Disciple/1 [HP 52/52; AC18,T13,FF15; F+5,R+6,W+5; Per+7; Init +2]

Yes, we should set forth soon. In a city such as this prejudice tends to win out and I would prefer that Attalas and Mobo did not have to knock any heads to correct people's misconceptions.

We don't actually call ourselves the "Wild Band of Mercenaries", Jeminda seems to have come up with that herself. I do not know believe that we have formerly adopted a name for ourselves, but I am sure that we will soon.

1,051 to 1,100 of 3,647 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Journeys All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.