Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


7,651 to 7,680 of 7,680 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>

Tal'Zeneb follows the others into the Duskwarden's fortess with great interest, having never had the opportunitye to enter before.

He follows along , watching the interplay bewteen the guard and Kyren.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12


As the guard had announced, Amberline arrives only two minutes later...she looks stressed, even a bit pale with shadows underneath her eyes, yet she manages a weak grin as she recognises you

What a fine company to pay me a visit! Mr. Tosscobble, Alcheringa, Mr. Elliott and two new faces. Feel welcome in the Duskwardens' home, a tiny isle of order in a sea of swirling chaos.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Greetings, Amberline. How delightful to see you again. It has been too long. So I was wondering if you could help us? We are interested in going on an egg hunt."


Male Wayang Samurai 6

Kenta scoffs before adding "He says that you pay for people go into tunnels? Kenta not care for egg so much as gold."


Amberline grins an arches an eyebrow

An egg hunt? Mr. Tosscobble, I didn't expect less...I guess it must be a dragon's egg then...or an aboleth's egg? she smiles genuinely but as no one of you continues to jest, she slowly shakes her head Don't say you're really looking for a dragon's egg?!?!?!?! in her state of mixed surprise and shock, she doesn't even pay attention to Kenta.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"No, no, Amberline, my dear. We are not going after dragon eggs today. To be honest, we are in search of eggs of a naga. We are hoping to cause some trouble for the vile reptiles and boost my cousin's reputation in the cooking world. Do you know where we might be able to find such a nest? My friend Kenta is also wondering if there is any profit to be made with such an expedition? We thought that perhaps you could help us out."


Amberline's smile fades at the mentioning of the cunning reptiles

There are rumours about a secret nest somewhere under the city...I guess you are referring to that place...well, the rumours also tell of hideous traps, mighty guardians, powerful magic and...ah well, I guess you got the picture? Still interested? Thought so... ok, not very surprisingly, we don't know where that place is, but I do have an idea where to look. There's a large chamber lying centrally underneath the city, from there various tunnels spread into the more distant regions of the labyrinth that lies under Kaer Maga, I would bet a small fortune that one of these tunnels leads to the nest...one of the unexplored tunnels.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn looks a little skeptical. How many unexplored tunnels are we talkin' here? We could spend years searching something like that and not stumble on to what we're looking for...


"Indeed, your statement implies that you, the Duskwardens, have a method to determine what tunnels are unexplored...a map perhaps?" Tal'Zeneb says quietly.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"This sounds like the place. However, if we are going to go and deal with traps and monsters and such, I'm just wondering if there is anything else we can do for you while we are down there. I mean, hunting for eggs certainly sounds like fun, but if we are already down there, I think it would be nice if we accomplished some non cooking goals as well. Are there any lost Duskwardens in that area or enslaved creatures that need rescuing, or at least some shiny gold for Kenta and all of us to share? I mean, if we are hunting eggs, wouldn't it be better to kill two or three birds with one stone?"


"I imagine any place such creatures would entrust their young might be a place they entrust their treasures as well?" Ferranel adds.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I always welcome a chance to wander in the Mothers bones"


Amberline grins at Ferranel

Of course...I would expect them to use this place for their hoard, too...but in contrast to you I'm not so sure whether that is a good thing or not. She opens the door to her office with its minimalist interior I will send for a map...meanwhile you could explain me, why a recipe is important enough to risk your lives so blatantly.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Amberline wrote:
"I will send for a map...meanwhile you could explain me, why a recipe is important enough to risk your lives so blatantly."

Kyren smiles at the question posed. "That is a fair question, my dear. It is one that I have been wondering myself. Let us just say that my cousin, Bobo, has been assisting us at the "Revive for a Better Life" for quite some time now. He has put up with us hosting young goddesses who escaped from the pyramid cult and with mwangi slaves, and now we thought we could return the favor to this young halfling chef. We have a close relationship with Gondel Gobbletor, the chef of the Gryphon Plume, and he has given my cousin a remarkable recipe that is likely to win a cooking contest that will propel my chef cousin into culinary stardom! Retrieving the eggs is a marvelous idea and an extremely generous gift, if I do say so myself, but the drawback is that we will be putting our lives at risk, blatantly as you say. So although we are willing to support cousin Bobo, we were hoping that, at the very least, you could make this quest really worth our while. Perhaps you have some suggestions on what else we might accomplish while down in the bowels of mother earth?"


Amberline shakes her head, but smiles

Well...the Wyrmfolk controls the slave trade and while they see to the safety of their business and by that stabilize some of the quarters, they still present problem. We would prefer working with the Fremen instead of the nagas... she pauses for a moment Destroying their breeding place would deal them a blow I doubt they could survive, necromancers, Ardocs, druids, Fremen and all the other factions would quickly realize their weakness and exploit it. Something i really wouldn't mind...so, what more than a map dou you need?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"That should do it. A map of where to look, and then we can wander..."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Amberline wrote:
"Destroying their breeding place would deal them a blow I doubt they could survive, necromancers, Ardocs, druids, Fremen and all the other factions would quickly realize their weakness and exploit it. Something I really wouldn't mind...so, what more than a map dou you need?"

"Well, how about some advice. Do these nagas have any weaknesses? I mean, it would be amazing to destroy their breeding place, but how can we pull off this job? Clearly few others have even tried such an endeavor."

"Also, do you know of any way to effectively destroy a breeding ground, without the nagas necessarily knowing what we've done? What if we poisoned the nest or took a dart and stabbed each of the eggs? This would be quite the little job!"


Amberline rubs her chin before she answers slowly

Yeah using a pisoned dart to to destroy the eggs would be a devastating blow...because they wouldn't realize what has happened until it's much too late...but that means that you would have to get into the breeding chamber and destroy the eggs without being seen for quite some time...by no means an easy task. And weaknesses? You have encountered nagas before, actually their only weakness is their hubris...but that may proof to be a real Achilles heel. if you know how to use that in your favour.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'm impressed. That is downright devious! I think we can work with arrogance as a weekness, eh fellas?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I could certainly flatter them by telling them how great they are, but that doesn't seem as effective as a good blast of fireball."

"What can we really do with such a weakness?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

divide and conquer. If we get into trouble with one or two, we should be able to sucker them in over their heads before they feel the need to call for backup.


Amberline pats Vaughn on the shoulder

Good thinking...actually there is one amongst them, who works for us...an informant, unreliable as all of their breed, but still not loyal to the leaders...I could summon him if you think that is necessary or helpful or I tell you where to find him. Ssszerias is his name, a quite sussessful bounty hunter and bodyguard for hire, but somehow - don't aske me why - an outcast of their society. Still knows more about them than anyone else.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Perhaps we can find him as we travel. The less that know of our coming the better. The more we stir up the sky the more obvious the clouds... We must be like rain falling from clear heavens, a total surprise.


"He may also not like the idea of us destroying the nest and murdering children. In all honesty I'm not enthusiastic about it either. There are very few beings actually born evil."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I do like information, but it is imperative that we not give away any information on our part. I think Alchy is right. The fewer people who know our intent, the better! But still, if we can find out how to get in there without getting ourselves into deep trouble, I would be most pleased. If we arrange a meeting with this informant, can you all keep our purpose secret? I mean I cannot imagine he will be real supportive if we told him that we were stealing eggs and killing all of the naga young, so my cousin could win a cooking contest!"


I guess his loyalty is dictated by money not by his race...but you're right, we cannot be sure for 100%...your choice. And yeah, I don't think it would be clever to tell him the truth...you could employ a lie yourself...there must be a better reason to search for this nesting chamber than cooking an omelette.

Amberline says thoughtfully.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

That's easy...we're looking for something one of the naga hid there, a piece of treasure or something, and that's where it's rumored to be hidden.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Amberline wrote:
"I guess his loyalty is dictated by money not by his race...but you're right, we cannot be sure for 100%...your choice. And yeah, I don't think it would be clever to tell him the truth...you could employ a lie yourself...there must be a better reason to search for this nesting chamber than cooking an omelette."

"It is a little sad when the truth is harder to believe than the fiction we are making up."

Vaughn Elliot wrote:
That's easy...we're looking for something one of the naga hid there, a piece of treasure or something, and that's where it's rumored to be hidden.

"Go ahead Daggers. I'm not objecting to the idea, but tell what treasure we could be looking for in a nest of nagas. What great or small trinket could we be looking for? A book, a ring, a shiny box?"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

That's just it--we don't say. ;-) Who knows...that contact might just tip us off to something good if he thinks we already know about something!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alchy watches on, not emotionally tied to any course of action.

7,651 to 7,680 of 7,680 << first < prev | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.