Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


4,801 to 4,850 of 7,682 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Yes, the ring was only usable for Vulturan's dungeon

Everyone ready to leave the dungeon?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Go for launch


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

OK looks like most items have been claimed, once we are all happy I will do up the math and shake the figures around so we can get to divvy of cash etc - obviously those not grabbing an item will get gp in lieu of items. Berry, Jazz, were you just wanting cold hard cash?

Loot report wrote:

[Unclaimed & party assets]

Cash
200pp
1.500 gp
10.000sp
Crown 5000

Total: 7600gp

Magic

Belt of Force and Speed: Alchy

Dungeon Ring: Sell - @8000gp

Universal Striding Boots: Kyren

Rapier +3: Unclaimed - may be sold @9000gp

Dagger +2: Vaughn

Amulet of Protection +2: Salfron


While it feels like you ware away for weeks or months, you roughly spend only one day in Vulturan's palace and so Bobo is surprised to see you so exhausted. Obviously it wasn't clear to him how dangerous your mission was and so he only nods as you enter and continues to carry plates with steaming hot crocodile roulades to the tables

Kyren, hell broke loose! My roulades are selling like hot cakes!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:
"Kyren, hell broke loose! My roulades are selling like hot cakes!"

"Roulades? I didn't know you knew how to cook gourment. Did you learn this from Gobbletor?"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

I've got nothing to claim. Right now Berry needs cold hard cash and palces to spend it.


Bobo looks as if you have just insulted him

Pah...while you try to save the world I care about what is really important!

but then he smiles and hands you one of the plates

Try, try!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I may be saving the world, but I haven't lost sight of what a really good meal is! After all, I am still a food connoisseur. Ok, pass me some roulades and let's see what the rave is all about!"

Kyren places one in his mouth and his faces lights up!

"Kazam Kazam! I see what the rave is about! Most impressive, Cousin! I may need to do a review of the Revive next!"


Hah! It's all about how long you put the crocodile meat into milk! Milk is key in this recipe it helps to soften the meat and gives it this special colour...Hey, by the way where did you spend the whole day?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren replies casually.

"Oh we were just taking out the crime lord Vulturan and freeing all of his prisoners. I expect one of the great mages from Katheer that he locked up will be showing up soon to share in a celebratory meal with all of us. Do you have some ideas on what you could prepare for the feast?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I'll be back soon..."

Al heads off to his favourite magical item liquidator.

Back shortly with final loot division! :P


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon chases Alcheringa out. "Take these as well. Whatever you can get from them, consider it yours." he says to the druid as he hands him his old armor.

Just a masterwork buckler and masterwork chain shirt.


Oh yeah, these pesky crimelords and...hey wait, what do you mean by "take out"? You didn't dare to storm his hold and start a fight did you, please Kyren, aunt Lydia would have forbidden you to do such a thing without a hearty breakfast!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:
"Oh yeah, these pesky crimelords and...hey wait, what do you mean by "take out"? You didn't dare to storm his hold and start a fight did you, please Kyren, aunt Lydia would have forbidden you to do such a thing without a hearty breakfast!"

"Cousin Bobo, when I say 'take out', I am just trying to use gentler language. Do you prefer, defunct, departed, bereft of life, pushing up daisies. I could have said that the crime lord just bought the farm, or went to meet his maker. The old git is now expired, out of his misery, deceased, passed on. Let's just say that he snuffed it in the night! Well, whatever I call it, the truth is that we did storm his hold and start the fight, but you should not worry, my dear Bobo, for I certainly did have a fine breakfast!"


Oh dear...I saw it coming...yesterday purple worms, now crime lords...oh kyren where shall this all end? Demons? Devils? Or worse, dragons?

....

Dragons... he mumbles and you can clearly see that he's now thinking about some sort of recipe...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Zyren DM wrote:
Dragons... he mumbles and you can clearly see that he's now thinking about some sort of recipe...

I dunno, Bobo--don't you think a dragon dish might be a little up-SCALE?!?! HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaughn wrote:
"I dunno, Bobo--don't you think a dragon dish might be a little up-SCALE?!?! HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW"

"Heeheehehee hee hee! " Kyren laughs as he pats Vaughn on the back. "Up scale! Hee hee hee! Not only would it be up-scale, it would be a part of a well balanced meal! Heeheehee!"


Bobo stops dead in his tracks, shakes his head and mumbles

You are an ignorant bunch...I'm talking of really important and great things and the only thing you can contribute are lousy jokes - pah!

How is the rest of the evening going to pass by? And what are your next plans?


Male Halfling Ranger 6 (Urban Ranger, Skirmisher)

Yeah, the rapier's not of much use for me :P

Jazz puts his arm jokingly around Bobo, "I bet you get lonely when we're not here," he says, grinning.

I don't know what we should do next, Jazz hasn't really got any plans. Although, I think Alchy wanted to look into renovating the Revive at some point?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:
"You are an ignorant bunch...I'm talking of really important and great things and the only thing you can contribute are lousy jokes - pah!"

Kyren cannot help himself but smile. "My dear Bobo, you misunderstand us. We only joke because we sincerely know how exceptional your cooking has become. You have transformed the Revive and will some day have a reputation to equal that of the Gryphon Plume! Please, do not take offense at our humble attempts at humor, for it is only given with kindness and with warm regards!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

Kyren will spend the evening practicing his harp and the following morning, he will plan a trip to the Broken Chain.

"Good morning, my friends, Do any of you wish to join me as I go visit the Broken Chain Link? I wish to share with them the good news!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I don't have anything specific in mind, other than possibly spending some of our cash!

After sleeping very soundly, I lounge in the REvive common room with some hot tea.

*shrug* I dind't have anything planned that I couldn't move around. I'll join ya.


The morning is a dark one - like every morning in Ankar-Te, but somehow you begin to accustom yourselves with waking up without sunlight...the streets are already full of all kinds of people - the weaker ones trying to stay alive another day, the stronger ones looking for prey...

But before your minds can circle too much around such dark thoughts Bobo enters with a plate full of chocolate-filled croissants

Mornin' everyone!


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Nothing in mind. Berry's just going to act like it's tuesday and that she did not in fact have an epic battle with an immortal thief lord and his minions. Jsut going to wait on Alchy to get back with loot division before berry runs off to get lots and lots of stuff.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*sssnnnnniffffff deeeeeply . . .* Aaahh, there is a god amongst men--and his name is Bobo!!

Vaughn was raised a street rat, and is not used to such decadances as chocolate--in fact, he's heard of it, but had never tasted it before. He takes a bit and is literally stunned for a moment .. .

. . .Whoa!! Bobo, what *is* this?!?! Is this, like, magic or something??? *nom nom nom*


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Kazam, Kazam! Ooh how I love chocolate croissants in the morning! But come to think of it, I also like them in the afternoon as well. They are are also really great for an after dinner treat when I really think about it! Thanks, Bobo!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry munches on the croissants and then says out loud. "Eggs would have been more appropriate for breakfast. Perhaps with bits of bacon with the eggs?"


Bobo gives Berry a questioning look, but then shrugs and turns to people who prefer to stare in awe at his creations

Vaughn, chocolate is a very rare and costly ingredient from the far south - actually I could never afford to just fill some croissants with it, but we received a bag full of chocolate this morning with a small note attached to it - wait...

he rummages around in his pocket and shows you a small piece of paper, which reads

From your friends from Garund - we will never forget what you've done.

Strange, huh? I don't even have friends from garund, heh!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Eventually Alcheringa wanders back with various piles of wealth...

Distribution:
Loot pool total (gross): 38850/6 = 6475/ea
(Alcheringa/Berry/Kyren/Jazz/Salfron/Vaughn)

Allocation:
Alcheringa – Belt + 1475gp
Berry – 6475gp
Jazz – 6475gp
Kyren - Boots + 3225gp
Salfron - Amulet + 4225gp
Vaughn - Dagger + 2475gp

Happy Shopping


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:
"Strange, huh? I don't even have friends from garund, heh!"

"Maybe you have a secret admirerer Bobo. Do you know some wee Garund lass that has the eyes for you? Ooh la la!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry graciously takes the money and stuffs it deep in her leather robes and apron before running off to town.


Male Halfling Ranger 6 (Urban Ranger, Skirmisher)

Jazz's eyes widen at the size of his share, and he hefts the heavy bag of platinum coins into his backpack for safekeeping. "I'll be at the stores this afternoon, I think!" he says, cheerfully.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Ahh . . . I bounce my fat purse in my palm. Anyone know a reputable weapons guy? I want to find out about enhancing my daggers a bit, see if I can afford it!


Just to sum it up:

Vaughn: Is looking for a smith
Kayren: Wants to visit the Broken Chain Link
Berry: Wants to shop (what?)
Jazz: Wants to shop (what?)
Alcheringa: ?
Salfon: ?


Male Human Cleric 6

After a short meal, Salfon decides to venture out and attempt to find a church or mission to deliver a tithe to. After this, he attempts to find a way to make carrying his new heavy armor easier.

Go donate 500gp to some establishment, and then look for some Muleback Cords.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

I'll have a list at some point this weak. You ahve ot understand Berry had about 1000gold when she started adn this si her first major treasure dump. Have to look into essentially trying to take that money and convert it into an actually geared for her level character.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren also wants to pick up a Wand of Magic Missiles (CL 3) for his use. With your approval, I will simply deduct 2250 gold for it.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Zyren DM wrote:
Vaughn: Is looking for a smith

Specifically, someone who deals in enchanting weapons.

Quote:
Kayren: Wants to visit the Broken Chain Link

I'll join him for that. I'm sure I can take care of what I need.


During the morning Kyren, Salfon and Vaughn visit several magic item shops and buy a wand of magic missiles, the muleback cords, and reach at last the smithy of Dorgrin Dragonbiter.

The sturdy, white-haired dwarf is known all over Kaer Maga for his craftmanship and masterly skills with hammer and anvil. His large workshop consists of several forges which are operated by younger dwarven apprentices. In front of the workshop two iron golem of the Ardoc Brotherhood stand watch and several symbols and insignia show that the dwarf is an associate of the Ardocs.

As you enter, one of the apprentices puts his hammer away and welcomes you

Welcome to Dragonbiter's, how can we help you?

his deep bass voice is hardly audible over the clinging of the hammers, but he looks friendly and you have a good feeling with this shop.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren let's Vaughn respond to the apprentice's quetion, but in meanwhile, he will let his curiosity guide him as he looks around the shop for any curious item that appears useful.

Does Kyren see anything such as magic quarterstaves, or other such things that a sorcerer may use?


It seems like they don't produce weapons and tools from wood - obviously such materials aren't dwarvish enough...

As you wander through the store you notice that at least one pair of dwarven eyes always rests on your nimble fingers...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Mornin' sir! I'm looking for something rather special. I take out the new Frost dagger.

This next is in Dwarven: This is a pretty powerfully enchanted weapon--causes an icy cold to the wound, very nasty! Now, I'd heard of even greater enchantments that explode in elemental fury on a telling blow. Can you, er, "boost" this little baby into one of those?? And how much would that run me if you could?

[ooc]I want to know if they can make the Frost weapon into Frost Burst, and how much that'd be-and if they'll haggle at all. Heh.[/b]

With a sudden inspriation, I decide to "name drop." My friend Goldie thought you'd be the one to ask . . .


The young dwarf was just about to give you a pityful grin accompanied by a "go home boy" - but as he hears Goldie's name, he stops and arches an eyebrow

Ye pretend te know Goldie Blasthammer?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*again, in Dwarven* Pretend?!?! PRETEND??? You think I'd throw the good name of Goldie around if I *dinnae* know 'im?? You take me for a complete dunce? I tell ye true, and may I never grow a beard if I be lyin: I ain't known Goldie long, but he's the closest to family I have in this place. You go ahead and tell 'im you doubted Vaughn, Fran Elliot's son--and see if yer not wakin' up starin' at the ceiling, cursin' yer own foolishness!!!
.
NOW, can we get down to business??


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Goldie? Where did Vaughn pull that name out of? He doesn't seem to have a hat! Hmm? It does seem to get a reaction though! Hmm? Curious. I wonder if I can get a reaction in another way."

While Vaughn is chatting to the young dwarf, Kyren starts looking around the rack of weapons like he was an expert on swords. Picking up a longsword (with two hands) he eyes it carefully.

Hmm? This could be my opportunity to try out my headband of mental superiority in a simple but innocuous situation. Let's have a little fun. I wonder if I could pose as a genuine expert on swords? Let's see how I do.

When approach by one of the shop keepers, Kyren replies matter of factly, "I notice you have a selection of blades made with a double fuller cross section running down two thirds of the way from the crest of the blade. I've always wondered if they create more resistance than a simple broad fuller blade. Do you do this for simple aesthetic value to sell more blades, or is there a practical reason?"

Bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


The dwarf looks at Kyren with a gruff expression before he murmurs

Oi dun' care 'bout swords...Oi loik axes...ye wanna boi that toothpick?

----

The young (whatever that means for a dwarf) apprentice eyes Vaughn with a certain respect now and replies

I'll call the master, wait here.

He disappears into one of the back rooms and only moments later returns with a dwarf that reminds you of a mountain of muscles with two small legs underneath it. Dorgrin Dragonbiter's right forearm and hand are missing but they have been replaced with a large iron hammer. His left eye is also missing and a mithril eyeclasp now covers the empty socket.
His bare torso is full of scars that criss-cross all over it.

So, ye're family of Goldie?

he bellows with a voice that sounds like a score of blunderbusses.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
dwarf apprentice wrote:
"Oi dun' care 'bout swords...Oi loik axes...ye wanna boi that toothpick?"

Oh yeah! How could I forget! All these dwarves think about are axes!

"No, I'm afraid my teeth are a little smaller than that. I won't be buying the sword, but what do you recommend for battle axes? Do you have anything good for fighting say . . . uhm . . . purple worms?"


As you redirect your chat to axes the dwarf's eyes begin to light up

Pruple worms? Ye have te hit 'em as hard as ye can with the nastiest axe ye have! Oi loike this double-edged cutie!

and he points at an axe behind you, probably as large as you with two mithral-blades and lots of rune etchings.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Ah, the Master Smith himself! I'm duly honored, Sire. I clasp left forearms. Name's Vaughn Elliot. Say . . .That be a mighty hammer there, befittin' one o' yer stature and skills. I'm humbled to call Goldie me good and trusted friend; he's gifted me and me parents with generosity befittin' a king to his loyal subjects, and with the affection befittin' the close family friend he is. He's earned my loyalty and blood, and in that regard, he be me family, yes sir, although we share no bloodline.
.
I can only imagine ye know him well?


The muscled dwarves chuckles loudly and for a sec you think the earth under your feet vibrates accordingly

Know 'im well? Aye, I do...I really do. We smashed more greenskin heads together than...ah well shouldn't speak too much about the old times, heh. So, what brings a good friend of Goldie to my shop?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Dwarf Apprentice wrote:
"Pruple worms? Ye have te hit 'em as hard as ye can with the nastiest axe ye have! Oi loike this double-edged cutie!"

"Kazam, Kazam! Double Kazam! This little bute looks like it could do some damage!! Look at these twin blades! This beast must have a name?! Look at all of those rune etchings! I betcha in dwarven it says, 'Watch out! Bad Axe comin through!' May I hold her in my hands and feel the power?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32

With permission, Kyren takes all of his strength to try and hold the axe. He then concentrates, utters a few words and casts detects magic on the axe simply to feel the magical aura rush through his system like a thunderous wave of power!

"Woah ho ho! I see why you like axes so much! It certainly does put those dinky thin little blades to shame! Huh?"

4,801 to 4,850 of 7,682 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.