Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


4,451 to 4,500 of 7,680 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>

Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Ratman wrote:
"*Squeek* This is it, here is the key, please, don't kill me!"

"We hope we don't need to, but that will depend on how accommodating you are. I am pleased that you have given us this key. So is there anything else you wish to warn us about beyond the iron door?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20


The ratman's whiskers-stubbles vibrate fearfully as he answers

Beyond is a stairwell that leads up to the guard's quarters. They should be empty now since veryone is on their patrol walk now. From there a door leads to the main hall of the palace and another one to the prison cells.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Thanks so much, Rat Man! Let's hope you're telling us the truth!"

As the Wee Bluets proceed to the iron door, Kyren voices his opinion, whether anyone is listening or not. "Hmm, a prison cell. That sounds like something we will need to enter and break some people out of. Chances are, if Vulturan put them in prison, then we should probably break them out! The question is, do we take Vulturan out first or free the prisoners first?".


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa sort of ignores the ratman, clearly the cat sees him as no threat.


The ratman turns his back on you and flees to his companions once he has handed over the key.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Well, that saved some time. I'm ready when you guys are.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Well folks, let see if this key works. If it doesn't, then we know that the ratman is not telling the truth!" Kyren takes out the key given to him by the rat man and tries to unlock the iron door with it.


Male Halfling Ranger 6 (Urban Ranger, Skirmisher)

"Let's get to Vulturan--we should try to hit him with the element surprise, if we can."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Now, being the sorcerer that I am, I am very familiar with fire, earth, air, and water, but I am not as familiar with that last element you mentioned. Hmm, surprise? I'll have to give that one a try! I wonder what spell I should call it? Shocking Surprise?, Surprise Ball? Cone of Surprise? Transmute Rock to Surprise? Delayed Blast Surprise Party? Hmm. That sounds fun! I will have to consider this very carefully as I dabble deeper into the arcane arts."


You put the key into the lock and with a *click* the door opens. Just as the ratman had said there is a large spiral stairway made of white marble behind it. The walls are also made of the same material and the difference between the rat quarters and this part of the palace couldn't have been greater.

At the base of the stairwell rest three human-sized statues of a naked man juggling with the sun, the world and the moon. You recognise that these statues again depict Vulturan.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"So far, so good! This is all a good sign. Although, I'm concerned tht notice he didn't warn us about the triple does of Vulturan in the buff!"

Kyren casts detect magic and concentrates on the statues, looking into the magic spectrum to see if they radiate any magical auras.

"Presta alakablown, let the magic be known!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"I wonder if he really is as good a juggler as the statues make him out to be?" Berry muses as she searches the marble floor and statues for nasty things.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39 Perception check for traps.


Kyren cannot find any magic but Berry is able to detect that several steps of the staircase are rigged. Fine, nearly invisible wires run over to the statues and once pressure is put on the step the sun/moon/world miniatures will fall down. Inspecting these a bit closer, the alchemist finds out that these are bombs!


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

....want.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30disable device


damagewise we treat these bombs as if you had created them.

Very carefully Berry loosens the wires and is able to take the bombs out of Vulturan's hands without making them detonate.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Hmm? I wonder if our rat friend forgot to mention this little trap. I just don't understand it. That little rat face with the whiskers looked so innocent!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"He might not have even known." Berry says as she pockets the nine bombs. "In hindsight though juggling spheres isn't all that impressive. Uncle Bofo could juggle an axe, a flask of acid, and a live chicken all at once. At least he did until he caught the axe funny and the acid flask followed shortly after. Was a delicious chicken that night."


big lol


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Heh, dinner AND a show, eh??
.
Nice catch on the traps. Are teh stairs clear now? Excepting our "host's" ego trip, that is.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Berry wrote:
"Uncle Bofo could juggle an axe, a flask of acid, and a live chicken all at once. At least he did until he caught the axe funny and the acid flask followed shortly after. Was a delicious chicken that night."

"Your Uncle Bofo sounds very similar to some of the characters in my family. Maybe you are part halfling, yet, my dear! Well, thankyou for removing those traps. I think we can proceed up the stairs in relative safety. However, let's stay on the alert, everyone. We are nearly there!"

Kyren and the rest of the group proceed passed the statues and up the stairs.


Berry thinks the stairwell is safe now and so you proceed upwards. Five metres higher Kyren is the first to peek into a large hall containing a swimming pool filled with azure water. Opposite is an open door that leads into another marble corridor. The room smells of vanilla and hazel - the odour rising up from a brazier next to the door.

Next to the pool are several lounge chairs and two oversized black onyx statues of Vulturan. One depicts him presenting his muscles like a bodybuilder, the other shows him with a book and a quill.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I am really to believe that this tyrant is truly a renaissance man. He seems completely full of himself!"

Do we have any maps with our current positions at the moment?


No, we won't need any :)


Male Human Cleric 6

"I agree, Kyren. You'd think him a king, with all this."


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Pfffft he seems like a peacock to me. Can't wait to see how he handles enemies who don't fear him!


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The big cats seem as big cats so often do - mostly aloof.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4
Vaughn Elliot wrote:
Pfffft he seems like a peacock to me. Can't wait to see how he handles enemies who don't fear him!

"By killing them and raising them as undead servants" Berry says matter of factly.


Through the open door you suddenly hear someone speaking - speaking like giving a speech to hundreds of listeners

you see, your life totally lies in my hands and while I....no, that does NOT matter to me, I can hardly think...good point, but that won't save you...indeed, our talks were most entertaining, but everything has its time and then one has to go on to...

Since the voice comes closer and then fades away, but returns later, you guess the speaker is walking around in the area behind the door.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren whispers to his companions, "Hehe, I think we are nearly there. This sounds like the scoundrel juggler who likes to bluff in the buff! How about a little Haste to set the pace?"


Ronya nods appreciatively and whispers

Good rhyme!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Hehe. If it's a good rhyme then now is the time!"

Solaric moves his hands in lightning fast somatic gestures casting Haste with the utterance of the following words, "Gosuperquickandwipethemoutasfastasyoucan!"

Kyren smiles his charming grin and says, "Let's go get 'em, Wee Bluets!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The cats move in, looking for the next hunt...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I stand by the door and use an Oil of Shield. *whisper* Ronya, this is your party--you first? Have any dramatic entrance statement or threat you wanna make?


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry Preps a couple of bombs and stands by the door. "I'll lay down some smoke and stench to make the entry easier." Berry says.


As you move through the door into the corridor behind it, the man's voice becomes louder and you can see that after about 50m the corridor will open up into a large hall. But before that is a heavy wooden door to your right.

Ronya whispers

That must be the prison the rat-thing spoke of. And no Vaughn, I just want to have the last strike, not the first...I wish I will be the last thing this bastard sees in his whole life.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Let's go straight for the juggler while we are in haste! Everyone move!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

So we want to pop in and throw bombs/spells and whatever or do the meat grinders want to weather whatever gets thrown at them from the door?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
So we want to pop in and throw bombs/spells and whatever or do the meat grinders want to weather whatever gets thrown at them from the door?

Ranged take the shots first, then we'll follow with the stabbity action--agreed?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Agreed.

Kyren prepares to cast scorching ray for when he gets into range of Vulturan.

Is there anyone else in the hallway leading up to the great hall? Can Vulturan be seen in the great hall from our position? If Vulturan is out of sight, let's rush up to the entrance. If he is visibly in range, let's loose the spells and ranged weapons.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

So we good? Well let's get ready to eat some traps to the face then.

Going up the hallway Berry positions by the door with a bomb of the sun in hand. A minor modification later and its ready with even more surprises.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'll draw my bow and get ready to shoot someone in the throat on the way in!!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Sounds good to me!


Let's go then!

Whispers Ronya and darts forward into the large hall. Here she stops until all of you have closd ranks.

The large alabaster-coloured room is full of rats! Besides normal werecreatures like the ones you have already encountered, there are some massive monsters - were-rat-ogres!

These monsters lumber around between more statues of Vulturan showing him in a variety of poses, and now that you can see him yourself you are a bit disappointed. Even though the real Vulturan looks like a fighter-type - agile and trained - he lacks the physical prowess the statues had depicted. He's older than you thought, probably in his late forties and sports a goatee.

He seems utterly surprised by your entrance and was about to cut a poor soul with his rapier. Now the weapon clatters to the floor and the thief lord stares at you as if you were a fata morgana.

Hall


Male Human Cleric 6

Salfon waits for Berry to swing back her arm; his fast shield hand glows with anticipation.

First, love the new Alch graphic. And when Berry is ready to throw, I'm going to use Touch of Good and better our chances. +3 on attack, skill, abilities and saves for 1 round, probably just the throw.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

• Surprise Round •
Haste Spell, 4 rounds remaining.

Realizing that Vulturan is completely out of range of his scorching blast, the Tosscobble decides to cast Magic Missile at the aging juggler instead.

"Bolts be Free!"

Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 3 = 12

Kyren then moves to N19 calling out to the were rats as he moves.

"Rat folk, you do not need to listen to this tyrant any longer. We are about to set you free from this wicked man. Join us and we can take him down together!"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Surprise Round

After Kyren says his piece, I'll pipe in to aid his efforts.

You all don't have to die--it's HIM we want Punctuating "him" with an arrow at Vulturan

INtimdiate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 <--attempting to "aid another" in Kyren's diplomacy by scaring them

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

I'll move to N16 to cover Kyren.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Sorry are we talking to these guys or just killing everything in the room here? Inquiring minds kind of need to know...!?


Wasn't sure either^^ But then again, it looksrather like killing. Will post Ini once I get to my home computer.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Yeah looks like killing, but then there's diplomacy rolls being made... kind of a change of pace there! Willwait on Init rolls


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

I was going for the kill against Vulturan while simultaneously trying to persuade the rats to let us. However, if they prefer to die, I'm sure we can help them.

4,451 to 4,500 of 7,680 << first < prev | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.