Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


401 to 450 of 7,680 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Alexite,please!!!!! And Mr. Worsh, we need to plan this, you'll have news from us, this is a promise"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite gives Esfana a look of indignance. 'What?! If we're going to kill some ghouls and he wants to pay us for it and give us some scrolls that will remove paralysis as part of that payment, then why shouldn't we accept them?'

Turning back to Worsh, Alexite asks, 'Which reminds me, how much are you paying us on the back end for this daring and dangerous service?'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox begins to turn towards the party and say, "i beleive it is best we make a deal with the church for aid in this endeavor first. i hope Worsh is understanding of that. i shall lend my service to you adventurers as an equal partner for the time being. under the conditions that i get an equal share of any wealth we find, whether it be item, coin, gem, or title, equal infleuntial power among the group, permission to report all the neccessary details to my organization through correspondance, and all the time i require for my studies."

she turns towards each member of the group and asks, "adventurer's, what are your names, professions and affiliations?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Loremistress Nox wrote:
"adventurer's, what are your names, professions and affiliations?"

"My name is Alcheringa, that is all you need to know, and all there is to know...material possessions, labels, and materialistic needs do not sit well upon my shoulders"

"Remembering this man tried to kill us on the last transaction I am a bit surprised to see you all so readily accepting his promises of pay for another"


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

"You can Refer to Me as Nox, I am an Agent of the Alkenstar National Organization of Science and History, as well as a follower of Irori. i beleive that helping with the act of slaying the ghouls will help with my personal goal of achieving enlightenment. whether it be through recieving odd revelations or through dissecting the ghouls themselves." Nox says, looking towards the adventurers.

she then gestures towards her rabbit familiar, and says, "this is my companion. her name is Alice."

Nox looks towards the Elf, "even the bare neccessities needed for sustaining one's life are of material composition, but i see what you mean."


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:

Alexite gives Esfana a look of indignance. 'What?! If we're going to kill some ghouls and he wants to pay us for it and give us some scrolls that will remove paralysis as part of that payment, then why shouldn't we accept them?'

"Because he didn't spoke of just some ghoul, he spoke of a dozen ones, and unless you are able to take each of them on its own without alerting all his friends, we would be doomed;we can only use one scroll at a time"

Loremistress Nox wrote:
adventurer's, what are your names, professions and affiliations

"I'am Esfana Arantia, battle priest of the Iomedian Academy of Vellumis"

"Already heard yours, no need to further delay this matter"


Worsh sneeringly ponders about Alexite's and Esfana's argument then nods concludingly

Well, I think I will hand you the scrolls... he gives a pack of five scrolls to Esfana

...and trust your word that if you don't fight the ghouls you bring the scrolls back to me. I will also mark the garvyeyard on your map, it's at the soth end of Ankar-Te

Back to the temple now?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Not taking his eyes off the Necromancer and his apprentice Alcheringa and Blaze back outthe door and head for the temple.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite shrugs his shoulders and leaves.


The sun is already setting as you return to the temple, but the buzz of activity that is so typical for Kaer Maga is far from ebbing. One might get the feeling that the city just starts to wake-up, when it's "reputable" citizens return home and go to bed.

The temple square is nearly empty only a half dozen vigilant watches observe the surrounding streets.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox follows the party to the temple. if a marching order is needed, then she will be in the centermost position of the party. during this walk, she will inform them of the fact that she is a wizard if asked. should somebody decide to ask if she can cast [insert famous evocation or enchantment spell here], her respone will be No


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa trails to the rear, Blaze in step beside him.

All the better to keep a keen eye on his human companions...


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

This is her first full day in Kaer Maga, and Esfana is already tired of this city like she spent dozens of years here, and she is starting to feel the strain of having walked in her armor all day.
"I don't want to look like an ungrateful woman Alexite, i just wanted to give to the necromancer the image of a strong woman, it helps when dealing with someone like him. I know you are one of the few people that helped me in one of my darkest time so far when we first met."

She smiles when the temple appears in front of the party.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite offers his arm to Esfana as they walk. 'It's no sign of weakness to accept the same task twice from different employers. If thirty people want to pay you for doing one thing, then feel free to accept all of their payments.' He pats her hand, 'You can appear only so strong when facing a competent mage and his room full of minions.'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Nox looks towards Alexite and Esfana, "Worsh's prescence intimidated me as well. i believe we should hone our talents before we confront him again. i care not whether he lives, all i desire from him is what knowledge he can provide on my path to enlightenment. prying his notes from his cold dead fingers should be sufficient. she says as they reach the temple.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"See Blaze, now the two female peacocks fawn around the brightly coloured male as if helpless, bolstering more of his masculinity and as if to appeal to his primal 'defender of the clutch' instinct... clearly the human species is well worth it's time in study"

With that Alcheringa produces another apple and begins to munch away.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Loremistress Nox wrote:
Nox looks towards Alexite and Esfana, "Worsh's prescence intimidated me as well. i believe we should hone our talents before we confront him again. i care not whether he lives, all i desire from him is what knowledge he can provide on my path to enlightenment. prying his notes from his cold dead fingers should be sufficient. she says as they reach the temple.

"I just want to secure such people, but mortal possession should go with their owners, it is a matter of respect.May i suggest you keep such considerations for yourself, while you are walking alongside a paladin and a battle priestess of the Inheritor?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Esfana Arantia wrote:
"I just want to secure such people, but mortal possession should go with their owners, it is a matter of respect.May i suggest you keep such considerations for yourself, while you are walking alongside a paladin and a battle priestess of the Inheritor?"

...noting the exchange...

"Look again Blaze, now their cautious fawning dance is over, the rivalry spills once more into the open and they resume hen-pecking each other, vying for the attention of the prospective mate!"

Alcheringa shakes his head in bemused bewliderment.


As you enter the square, one of the guards, clad in chainmail, longsword and steel shield bound to his back approaches you.

Welcome to the Trideon temple fellow adventurers, what business brought you here?


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Evening good sir, we have something to report to Sir Laval"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Esfana Arantia wrote:
"Evening good sir, we have something to report to Sir Laval"

"Indeed, tidings for Laval, of great importance"


Noticing your grave tone the guard nods curtly and says

Follow me, Sir Laval is on his duty inspecting the armory, I'll lead you to him.

You follow the guard through the inner of the Iomedae part of the Trideon Temple into the armory.

The whole room (about 10X10m) is full of weapon and armor racks, all fully stocked with various types of mostly heavy armor, shields and weapons of all kinds and fashions.

Laval is holding a ledger in his hand taking notes while another Iomedite goes through the supplies.

As you enter, Laval looks up and hands the ledger over to his helper.

You're back I see, but I doubt you bring good news, since I can't see Timodeus amongst your group.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite adopts a grieving look. 'Alas! Poor Timmy has been killed and cut up for spare parts.' Visibly cheering up with a great big smile on his face, Alexite continues, 'On the bright side, the foul necromancer, Worsh, the Great Animator, and of some other mysteriously unknown epithet, assures us that it was done after Timmy had been dead and lain unclaimed for three days and was a perfectly legal desecration of his body.' Slamming his hand down on a conveniently well placed nearby table, he exclaims, 'I solved the mystery!'


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Unfortunately you're right. Timodeus doesn't tarry among us. He felt prey to a group of ghouls, which are living on a graveyard at the south end of Ankar-Te. After that his body came in the hands of Mr. Worsh, who made a zombie or used parts of his body for his foul trade.


Laval turns pale as he hears of Timodeus' fate

So there was nothing of his body left to claim? Nothing left to bury in sacred ground? Pharasma beware...We will say a mess for poor Timodeus.

But you, he eyes Alexite now guard your tongue or I'll cut it off and strangle you with it. Surprised by his own anger he turns around for a half dozen moments.

You jester of a bard shouldn't overdo it. Timodeus was a fine man and he doesn't deserve your mockery. says Laval as he regains his countenance.

Now Torald, what did you say about ghouls?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Worsh told us, that there is a nst of about a dozen ghouls on this graveyard. Pointing on the marked place on our map He tried to calm the anger of our clergy by giving Esfana five scrolls that remove paralysis to fight these ghouls. But I must ashamed admit that I hold that this task is beyond the means of our small group here on his own.


Oh, nearly I forgot. Group XP Award for finishing "The Search for Timodeus

800XP


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite feigns shock and horror at Laval's words. 'My, your gratitude for me finding the ledger with the entry on Timodeus and then finding the hiding place of Worsh so your bumbling servants here could confront the evil necromancer, fat lot of good that did, is heart warming.'

Waving his hand in dismissal to the head of the temple, Alexite says, 'This after they did so well leaving all the evidence behind for me to secret and then to convince the sniveling lackey to take us to his leader all without giving away our having been there and destroying what looked to be rather expensive tools. Then, thanks to that meddling miscreant,' At which he motions to Nox, 'I have to go to the trouble of removing the ledger from my person while still making it's presence obvious so as not to get a poor innocent halfling killed and consequently reanimated, which she seemed to be all for, thus negating my bringing back said ledger to you so you may have the proof that not only did the necromancer take Timodeus' body, but he knew who he was and that there was no contract for his body's use as an Iomedite; further he knew that you would not have permitted it done to him if he had notified you of Timodeus' death.' His voice having risen in pitch and volume throughout, he now veritably screams, 'You're welcome!'


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana dismiss the thought about hanging Alexite to the tallest tree and addresses to Sir Laval "What he said...however, our problem now would be what to do with the ghouls. Yes, Mr. Worsh gave me the necessary scrolls, but they are a loan ; i mean, Mr.Worsh expects me to take unused ones back to him, or simply that we pay for them, but we are surely going to need these, and some reinforcements"


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

i thought the halfling had planned to set everyone up and used his master as a marionette to achieve his means. no one is truly that incompetent unless they are faking it. and i was sent by my headmaster to send a report on Worsh's research notes, how can i send a report without the notes? there is probably an angry archmage scrying us right now planning when the proper time to fry me is. headmaster Dimitri Molotov is the most frightening individual in my entire organization. i am merely a field initiate. Nox begins to fearfully shake and quiver heavily at the thought at what her headmaster would do to her.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'That's not true. Worsh offered those scrolls as an advance on payment for clearing the graveyard of ghouls and asked that we return any unused scrolls to him after we had finished. Gods, it is a trial being an honest man among grifters.'


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Loremistress Nox wrote:
and i was sent by my headmaster to send a report on Worsh's research notes, how can i send a report without the notes?

"We have hardly finished with him Nox, and i don't remember him saying that your research'll be hopeless.Sure he isn't going to do something for us for free"

Maybe Drayen forgot to select the right avatar?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The elven vagrant ceases being a keen observer and steps forward to address Loval.

"The scrolls from Worsch are certainly a boon in that they may well aid us against the unnatural gravedwellers and their filth, however I do not fear them; perhaps a few minor healing artifacts or the like may well help some of these humans offset their timidity?"

"On second thought, Worsh is a most untrustworthy reptile and I wouldn't put it past him to have actually loaded the scrolls with a curse or two hoping to trap us and have the ghouls finish us off, I'd sooner trust a viper; I'd find assets from the Church far more reliable."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Esfana Arantia wrote:
"We have hardly finished with him Nox, and i don't remember him saying that your research'll be hopeless.Sure he isn't going to do something for us for free"

"Indeed! If my memory serves correctly you even had to pay him five gold to kill us...I may be the one normally living under a rock, but the way you readily trust this man...well no wonder Humans suffer such short lifespans"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Now don't over-estimate your race elf, treachery and cowardice are well present amongst elves like they are amongst humans"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Alcheringa wrote:
"The scrolls from Worsch are certainly a boon in that they may well aid us against the unnatural gravedwellers and their filth, however I do not fear them; perhaps a few minor healing artifacts or the like may well help some of these humans offset their timidity?"

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 DC is 10 + HD of creature, so I should be able to know enough about ghouls to know there are also ghasts and the difference between them

'We will see how your tune changes if the ghouls turn out to be ghasts, elf.'

Alcheringa wrote:
"Indeed! If my memory serves correctly you even had to pay him five gold to kill us...I may be the one normally living under a rock, but the way you readily trust this man...well no wonder Humans suffer such short lifespans."

'She never did get that gold back...'

No, he didn't forget his avatar. These forums have eaten at least half my posts today. It's a wonder I can get anything posted.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"My! If only your tongue had such fire and spirit when facing off the necromancer! I'm glad to see a bit of spine has asserted itself"

"I understand your point, except here I have a group doing their utmost to honour an agreement with a man who already crossed them by trying to have them killed after they paid him solid coin, and who appear to be cowed so easily by his bluff and bluster - if he was really that capable he'd have not run away the first time, only to be cornered like a rat in his hole afterward, and he'd not be the type to seek parley so readily"

Alcheringa turns from Esfana to continue talking to Loval

"I might be interested in helping clear out these Ghouls, however only if the Church wishes it so - I do nothing to help that Necromancer, and look forward to one day feeding him to Blaze"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Alcheringa wrote:


"I might be interested in helping clear out these Ghouls, however only if the Church wishes it so - I do nothing to help that Necromancer, and look forward to one day feeding him to Blaze"

"NOW we agree"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:
We will see how your tune changes if the ghouls turn out to be ghasts, elf.'

Alcheringa lets out a good natured and genuine laugh

"Well that would be inconvenient"

"I would hope though, that any companions would have stronger nerves than to rout early in the face of the unnatural"


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

If you feel that way about animator Worsh, i already told you, i care not whether Worsh lives or dies, only that i aqcuire his notes so that i may send a written report to appease my headmaster. i fear Archmage Dimitri Molotov infinitely more than i fear Animator Worsh. even if i have to pry those notes from Worsh's cold dead fingers, i will do so with the vigor caused by my fear of what my headmaster will do to me. Nox says, looking towards the party. a shocked look on her face hints that she is imagining some horribly grotesque stuff that her headmaster would do to her, should she fail to gather the reports.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Loremistress Nox wrote:
I fear Archmage Dimitri Molotov infinitely more than i fear Animator Worsh.

"So much fear, I cannot imagine what it is to live under such a cloud - mother nature is sometimes an unforgiving mistress, however she is not cruel or vexatious"

"I await what offer of assistance the Iomedites may put forth if they seek to have these ghouls removed, and indeed, of removing them is their intention"


After following your argument and the ongoing debate, Laval adresses the whole party

I sense that the fire within your group is strong.. looking Alexite in the eye maybe it's not righteous yet, but I think you have served the temple extremely well and I'm confident you will continue to do so. As the elf proposed: We will stock your supplies and check if the scrolls are cursed, so that you can take on that ghoul plague.

He whispers some words to his helper who leaves the armory and returns only minutes later with the checked scrolls and a bag.

This bag contains 5 potions to heal your wounds, 200 gold pieces and 4 more scrolls that will help you fight the undead. Obviously the necromancer wants to see the ghouls destroyed, since the scroll he gave you aren't cursed.


5 potions cure light wounds (1d8+5)
2 scrolls "aid"
2 scrolls "consecrate"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"They are all divine spells, i'll be the only one able to properly use those scrolls"

At least, without having to roll for UMD, since the scrolls are all spells on the cleric list


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Thank you Laval, I'm certain these will be put to good use in destroying the undead... I leave it to our Iomedites to distribute the items as they see fit"

Turning to the party,

"As always, I am ready to depart! All my possessions I carry at the ready"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

What part of the day are we ? Esfana should recover spells/channelling before taking on ghouls...or we could first visit Shelyn's temple and see if we can do another easier quest maybe?


I wrote that you approached the temple square as the sun set, so it's about 7pm.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

I thought it was late but must have missed that particular line

Esfana stirs a little once outside the temple, it has been a hard day on her.
"Whatever we decide to do, may i suggest we do it tomorrow? I need a good dinner and a long sleep, not to talk of recovering my prayers for the day"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'If it is to be done, they are most likely found at nigth anyway. We can rest and then head out before dawn to find them at the end of their day.' Alexite says with a yawn as he stretches his sinuous body for the benefit of everyone.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:
'If it is to be done, they are most likely found at nigth anyway. We can rest and then head out before dawn to find them at the end of their day.' Alexite says with a yawn as he stretches his sinuous body for the benefit of everyone.

i agree that we should rest for the night. i could prepare a more useful set of spells. do you know if the temple has rooms available? Nox begins to say, it was fairly obvious that talking to Worsh was a really draining experience for her. even with her amazing stamina. she follows the group to thier chosen place of resting. the temple being her preference, especially if it has a libarary and multiple desks.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"well then, I'd best be back off to find a barn. See you in the morning, before sunrise"

The Elf and his cat look set to depart into the hustle and bustle of the evening.

401 to 450 of 7,680 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.