Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


351 to 400 of 7,682 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:

As Esfana leans in to whisper in Alexite's ear, he reaches around to hold her at the waist. 'It is about time you came round...'

. 'Besides, I thought we were going to find some cozy little inn for food and a private room for you and I to share that not entirely unattractive emaciated she boy in the dress standing over there.'

Esfana slaps away Alexite's attempt to grab her waist then says "Just what i meant, for once in your life, can you answer a question directly?"

Than she assumes a challenging pose "And apart from the fact that i'm sure i mentioned already having a boyfriend, you'll only meet me alone with you in a room in your dreams"

Then she turns to the newcomers"You are undoubtedly smarter than me, so maybe you'll have easier times punching some good sense in his head"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite holds his hands up at his sides. 'What?! He can join us, of course. The more the merrier.'


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:
Alexite holds his hands up at his sides. 'What?! He can join us, of course. The more the merrier.'

"I feel offended when you insultingly refer to me as a male. women come in many more varieties than your shallow mind can accept the comprehension of. and this is not a dress, it's an Alkenstarian labcoat. i beleive i am going to have to make the Physical Examination even more thorough to compensate for your offensively worded feigned ignorance. i find it fascinating that you have learned to process basic thoughts with an organ that isn't your brain. i'm curious how that works?."

bluff check to pass the fairly obvious message to Alexite without offending him in a way that even a fool can understand through use of body language and facial expressions

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

why is it that my diplomacy checks tend to fail horribly but my bluff checks seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum? i swear i am going to have to put a few ranks in bluff some time soon as a sort of naturally growing bluffing progression.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

In the corner, the rather incredulous Elf wonders if this is all a charade to confuse the necromancer. The swaubbling humans seem oblivious that they are within grasp of several ambling reanimated corspes, their fould magic using master, and his snot fixated apprentice.

"See Blaze, Humans are just like peacocks, note how the new interloper human woman prances and preens for the attentions of the brightly coloured male in an attempt to draw away his attentions? A very curious dance indeed".


Blaze meets your gaze and gives a low growl then lays down and begins to lick one paw.

In the back of the room Worsh still paces up and down - even so more frantically.

Not there you slip? Come on, you know where I put them, it must be there no matter what you are telling me and I bet you found it and hid it so that these nice people have a reason to kill me, eh?

Bobo turns around to the party looking desperately

No master, I didn't hide it, but as I reached the shop these people here were already there, maybe they have taken it.

Worsh, now nearly in a state of frenzy

How stupid do you think Iam? If you were right, why should these people show up here and threaten me?

Now turning to you

Since my servant hasn't found anything may I ask you, if one of you has taken the ledger with you, I mean accidentally?

Sense Motice DC 15:

Worsh and Bobo seem to speak the truth and their confusion is genuine.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Noxs then turns to Worsh's Direction "all i have in my bag are my travel provisions, my spellbook, some minor stationary goods, some mathematical puzzlebooks and a few written works of historical fiction to help me sleep. and inside one of my external coat pockets is my companion." as Nox says that last part, she Gestures towards her rabbit familiar.

Nox has nothing to hide right here. she basically announced every possession on her person. and by mathematical puzzlebooks, i mean stuff like Sudoku and similar things.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"If we had it, then we have the information we want. If we had the information we want, we wouldn't be here - but if we WERE here then it would only be to spill your guts and toss you in the river for trying to kill us. As your guts are still within you it therefore becomes clear that WE DONT HAVE WHAT WE WANT"

"So I offer you an opportunity to just tell us what you know; 'the beans' or 'your guts', something is getting spilt"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Loremistress Nox wrote:
as Nox says that last part, she Gestures towards her rabbit familiar.

The Elven Druid looks at the fanged rabbit carefully, his face wrinkling immediately..."What...the..."

He shakes his head as if to clear it, and looks back to the Necromancer.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)
Alcheringa wrote:
Loremistress Nox wrote:
as Nox says that last part, she Gestures towards her rabbit familiar.

The Elven Druid looks at the fanged rabbit carefully, his face wrinkling immediately..."What...the..."

He shakes his head as if to clear it, and looks back to the Necromancer.

"has anyone here noticed that a certain servant seems to be deliberately disobeying his masters orders? i have an odd idea that the servant is setting everyone here up to slay his master so that he can aqcuire something important. i don't know what this important thing is, but it could be the business, an important possession, his freedom or just about anything. his lack of competence may be just an act." Nox Says as she gestures to both sides. as she noticed the elf jerking his head away from her rabbit familiar, she turns towards him and asks "is there any problem you have with rabbits?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite stops to give Nox a puzzled look, before continuing with Esfana. 'Is this oh so convenient mysteriously absent boyfriend as cute as you? Is he cuter? Come on now, if you keep playing hard to get, I will just have to keep chasing you. It really would be easier to succumb to temptation. Typically, I lose interest once I get what I want as I do get bored rather quickly.'

Noticing the halfling's presence, Alexite exclaims, 'Oh, look! Barry's back.' He takes on a stern demeanor, saying, 'You are not going to try to fob off any bisquits or tea on us again, are you?'

DM Zyren:

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

sense motive

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The higher the bonus , the lower the die roll....it must be a new Murphy rule


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

a rough explanation of Nox's sheltered lifetime of indoor Cloistered Education

Nox actually did recieve letters and gifts from her father, she just never really had much interaction with the guy. and almost all the gifts were textbooks and other educational material anyway. she has only been allowed to wander for the last year or few. mainly because she has read every book in the organization's library.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Loremistress Nox wrote:
Nox actually did recieve letters and gifts from her father

Whack it in the OOC thread, unless it is the start of a speech abour why she is so hot for bad men like Alexite :p


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana is seemingly annoyed at Alexite's constant inquiring about her life, but she received a good education, which in the end makes her answer politely."If you really must know...he is the son of the Grand Ambassador of Cheliax in Vellumis, and of course he isn't here now. Please don't bother me further now"


Worsh stops, furrows his brows and thinks for a long moment

mhh, an Iomedite, right? I can hardly remember him, but I know he went through my hands. Can you please tell me his name again?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

His name was Timodeus


Worsh rubs his chin for a moment

Timodeus...mhh, yes, yes, poor Timodeus. I think I got his body after he had a very unpleasant accident. While I can't remember it with absolute precision, I think he was hit by a speeding cart...at least his body looked like that, heh.

He nearly laughs out loud, but bites his tongue as he realizes the iomedite's presence.

So yes, I had his body in my shop and I probably made a zombie of him or used parts of his body, which is perfectly legal unless someone claims him within three days. Is that alle the information you needed?

Sense Motice DC 20:

You somehow feel that the necromancer knows more about this "accident" then he admits.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

sense motive

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Are you sure you don't know anything else? After all you look like a very clever person"
Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Why have I the strange feeling, that you want to tell us some other things about him?

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

Aid Another; Diplomacy, assisting Esfana

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 (DC10)

Nox Turns towards Worsh's direction. "i can tell that you are hiding something about the accident. will you please elaborate on what information you are hiding? the Iomedite wishes to know, and if both sides are going to come to a mutual solution, both sides must participate in the mediation. i would also like to review your notes, but first, we must overcome our differences. may i ask that both sides reveal every piece of information they can contribute. i really want to review those notes so that i may send a report on them to headmaster Dimitri Molotov. the Alkenstar National Organization of Science and History isn't known for it's patience." Nox begins to say with a hint of notable frustration. she then sighs and takes a few slow deep breaths.


Worsh throws his arms up in despair and mutters

Ok, Ok, obviously you understand your trade...this Iomedite you're speaking of got killed as he wassneaking around one of the graveyards. There is a rumor about a group of ghouls infesting that certain cemetary and I think your "friend" came to close to their nest. There you go and that is really all I know!


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

sense motive targeted at Worsh to see if he is hiding anything else

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

while still looking towards Worsh's Direction, "if that is really all you have to contribute to the mediation. then i beleive that it is time for you to show me your notes. the organization has asked me to bring a report on the special arcane formulae that make you a Great Animator and not just a common necromancer. to confirm this, i need to review your ledger, your spellbook, your research notes and whatever diaries on the subject you have kept." Nox says, with a mild expression of impatience on her face and somewhat fidgety yet anxious body language.

she then turns towards the adventurers and asks; "Do any of you know the identity of the individual who snatched this necromancer's Ledger? i beleive a specific little slip should prove his loyalty by conducting a thorough search on the four adventurers. if none of them has it, than he must obviously be dishonestly yet deliberately setting things up to the detriment of his master. Gesturing towards Worsh and then again in Barry's/Bobo's direction.


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

fixed a few issues with my equipment. it turned out i was missing a few things i had intended to aquire while rushing through the equipment. added in the now no longer missing dagger, spell component pouch and flint/steel with the requisite gold changes. i can't beleive i was rushing my equipment list. 2 of them are items that anyone who happens to be traveling should be assumed to possess. the other is a spellcaster essential. i hope Zyren has no problems with this relatively minor equipment Retcon. it made more sense to have the gear than not.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"There are other issues to our task then.Find this ledger and this group of ghouls"


Worsh's face lightens up

A very good suggestion my dear, loyal Bobo will thoroughly search through your belongings and if he won't be able to find anything, we can assume he has stolen the ledger. I mean if you all agree.

So your task extents to the point to take on that ghoul infestation? Remarkable how you Iomedites handle your duties. I can point you to the direction of that cemetary and can even give you some insights on the fighting of Ghouls if you want.

Turning to Nox he adds

My dear, we are surely not at a point where I want to discuss my notes and researches, let's just wait until the dust has settled. Your Alkenstar society is far away and I have to admit that I never have heard of it before, so your threats don't impress me much.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I have no problems with showing you my belongings. I can only tell you, if your ledger was in the same shelf as the older ones, then it has already disappeared before we entered your shop.

Here is a map of Kaer Maga. You can show us the cemetary on it.

Some informations about ghouls would be helpful.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Nor do i, search me if you must"


I think Alcheringa wouldn't mind either.

Bobo timidly starts to search through the belongings of Alcheringa, Nox, Esfana and Torald. The ledger is not to be found and Alexite is the only remaining one. Bobo has already turned pale, obviously fearing his master's wrath.

Meanwhile Worsh has pulled an old leather-bound volume out of a bag.

Ah yes, here we have it, the "Liber des Ghouls" a very handy book when one has to fight these creatures. Let me just skim through some of the most important chapters to give you a brief overview of their skills. Mmmh, yes...ah yes, no, not that, mhhh, mhhh....ah yes, how could I forget about that...

Tracing the lines with his index finger, Worsh skims through the book and gives comments from time to time. After about ten minutes he closes the book and adresses you like a teacher

Now after I have refreshed my memory, I think I can give you some valuable pieces of information:

Ghouls inflict a serious disease called "Ghoul Fever" which leads to a transmutation of the victim into a ghoul within three days.
Ghouls posess a paralyzing touch, so be sure to carry remove paralyze scrolls with you.
I can also describe some special fighting techniques that are very handy against these creatures...

The advice on fighting techniques grants everyone a +1 to hit and +1 dmg competence bonus against ghouls for three days.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"How many of them are we speaking of ?"


The whole nest?

Worsh furrows his brows, thinking about the question, counting quietly.

About a dozen I assume.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Then we have to report to the temple. These are too much for such a small group.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I'm afraid so,we would'nt stand a chance"


Female Chelexian Transmuter (Ban illusion/enchantment)

i guess a certain little slip has admitted to his act of betrayal. he refuses to search the last individual in the room in order to hide the results and thus thinks he can preserve his own treacherous life that way. there is one last individual he needs to search. Nox says, gesturing towards Barry's/Bobo's general direction and then again to Alexite's. she then turns towards Worsh again may i propose that the treacherous little snot obscessed weasel would likely be much more obediant as a Zombie? she says gesturing in Bobo's Direction for that last comment


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Not when I could avert it. I will not tolerate such foul magic in my prescence.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Torald Othric of Griffonstone wrote:
Not when I could avert it. I will not tolerate such foul magic in my prescence.

Swamped at work. Have to wait until tomorrow.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa puts the odds and ends and various foodstuff back in his pockets (He was easy to search, doesn't even have a bag) and stares steadily at the horrid little apprentice Bobo as he does so.

Though he is addressing Worsh, Alcheringa maintains his steady stare on Bobo...
"Well then Worsh, at least you admit you came across Timodeus, and also admit that you used him - yet would not have had his consent to do so. Our work is mostly done now.".

"Bobo, in six seconds you will be searching that bards belongings. I think now would be a good time to surprise me with a little common sense and self preservation... anything you want to tell me? no? one...two..."

The large black cat is also now staring directly at Bobo. It rather resembles a cat discovering a mouse.


Searching through the belongings of the sneering bard Bobo cannot unearth the ledgers and slumps to the ground.

Worsh shoots him a most viscious glance and pulls a black rod out his bag just as Bobo hops on his feet again and points to the shelf next to Alexite

There! Master There is the ledger, the latest ledger is in the shelf there!

Worsh looks over to Alcheringa and seems somewhat irritated

Really?

He lowers the rod awaiting an answer.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa shoots a glance at the ledge... looking for the book...

is it there...? if so, Alcheringa will walk over and pick it up and examine it


sorry my fault^^-yes its really there

One of the last entries reads:

Timodeus Galhad Ankar-TE Golem/Spare parts 7th Erastus


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Is everyone happy now Mr. Worsh ?"

"If you don't need anything else we should really attend to our duties"


Worsh rubs his forehead, obviously surprised by this revelation.

So the ledger is here...which is most surprising and entertaining...I would like to know though, if you are planning to take on those ghouls?
I'd be most delighted to see that plague end, since it hampers my business immensely.
I could even offer some remove paralyze scrolls in as an advance payment...what do you think? I think the church of Iomedae is also interested in giving the dead their peace back.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I'm afraid that i cannot decide on my own. Surely as a servant of the Inheritor i should remove this plague, but i cannot do on my own and going unprepared and with too little forces will only take to our demise with no advantage for us and for you. If sir Torald agrees with me, i'ld need to report to the temple first"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"My first call is to the Church, if there is to be a removal of Ghouls, then perhaps we may talk further"


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Esfana, I agree with you.


I'll wait for the others before we go on.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite walks up to Worsh. 'Thank you, I'll accept those scrolls.'


Worsh takes a step back

Wait, you didn't agree to attack the ghouls. I want the word of the Iomedites first.

351 to 400 of 7,682 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.