Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


151 to 200 of 7,680 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf 1 Monk

Teris rises with the sun, from years of practice and life in a monastary. Going through his ritual of cleaning and morning prayers, Teris shoulders his pack and heads down the steps looking refreshed.

"Morning everyone! I hope you are all well rested, as surely today is blessed by the gods." Teris says in a pleasant warm voice.

teris is kind of obnoxiously chipper most of the time


Walking down an alley in the downmarket district (where you get the impression that absolutely EVERYTHING can be bought), the distracted Randovich suddenly bumps into a broad shouldered man who grunts angrily:

And wadda be yer problem laddie?

Before you are able give any explanations the man is towered by an about 3.5m tall Iron Golem. Puffs of acid gas stream out of slits at his temples.

Most of the passers-by around you, pause and watch the situation develope. Even some of the market stall owners leave their shop to watch what will happen.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich stumbles back several steps, falling into a defensive stance as his eyes flash and twinkling motes of light surround him.
Randovich has cast mage armor on himself, granting him +4 AC for 1 hour/
"Is... is this a normal occurrence in the city?"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana watched the tight alleys with a mixture of disgust and awe ; this city is nothing like what she was used to see and live, but it has something fascinating....she wouldn't know how to explain it.
The golem abruptly took her back to reality,and she started to worry when Randovich reacted by casting a spell :
"Randovich, please, it isn't nice to start a discussion by casting spells wildly, and to you , sir, our was just a distraction;a mere accident, i'm sure we haven't harm you or caused you troubles of any kind.
Hope no one here wants to ruin this fine morning
"

Diplomacy roll 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

C***O it is some day i've always rolled no more than 5 VAF******O


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite walks along with the group, looking down his nose at the various stalls and passersby. Upon the arrival of the iron golem, Alexite exclaims, 'Don't look now, man, but it would seem a golem has snuck up behind you.' Seeing motes rise up from Randovich, Alexite begins swatting at them, saying, 'Are you trying to set yourself on fire? You really are ignorant of your abilities, aren't you? Let's try going around the other people, not through them.'


The stranger leans back, arms folding, pulls out some sort of strange goggles and begins to polish them.

Ye're a mage eh? In'eresting, very in'eresting...My name's Perdar Ardoc, member of the Ardoc Family. Golarion's most skilled Golem Crafters of all.

With a screech the massive golem imitates a bow.

Are ye looking for work, or wudda ye wan' in Kaer Maga? By de way sweetie ye didn' ruin me mornin'...was already flushed down befor'


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana bows too, with a glance to the golem she thinks "It gave way another impression"

"I'm relieved , nice to meet you...ehr both"


He turns around and proudly pats the golem on the chest.

Me baby ye know, built it during my examination for the master craftsman diploma. Named him Scorcher, coz he got some nasty surprises built in, heh.

But back te me questions, wadda ye up te?


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

"I...er..."
Randovich glances back at the others, not sure what to say.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite steps up and speaking in a lazy drawl tells Perdar Ardoc, 'They are on their way to some sunrise service of what I can only surmise is a mean and nasty goddess, requiring people to be up at such an ungodly hour. I believe I am their hostage or maybe even meant as some sort of sacrifice for their unholy worship. Oh, well, perhaps the two priestesses here will bathe and dress me with their delicately skilled hands.' Looking around the group, he looks puzzled. 'Randovich, where has that vampish little cousin/sister of yours gotten to?'


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich's face becomes visibly flushed as he turns to Alexite.
"It may be great fun for you to marginalize and ridicule my people, but should you not be licking a devil's boots?"


Perdar nods confusedly

Umm Ok guys, should you be lookin' fer a job, ye find me an' me family in the Bis district - we can always use a helpin' hand ye know?

With that said he strolls off the golem always at his side.

anything else you would like to do, before reaching the Trideon Temple?


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich watches them depart, his gaze following the golem until its heavy footfalls take it out of sight. Considering the man's words, he turns back to his companions.
"His family? Should we go and see what he needs?"
His gaze quickly passes over the Iomedites and falls to Alexite.
"Surely the man with a walking pile of iron in tow would prove a more interesting prospect than a collection of dogmatic priests."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Randovich wrote:

Randovich watches them depart, his gaze following the golem until its heavy footfalls take it out of sight. Considering the man's words, he turns back to his companions.

"His family? Should we go and see what he needs?"
His gaze quickly passes over the Iomedites and falls to Alexite.
"Surely the man with a walking pile of iron in tow would prove a more interesting prospects than a collection of dogmatic priests."

Alexite arches a high eyebrow at Randovich's words. 'I wholeheartedly agree, young Randovich. Our pious friends can follow their hearts to the temple and we can follow the acrid tang of gear oil and acid fumes to Master Ardoc's abode.' With a smirk, he adds, 'Besides it may just save my immortal soul.'


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

"The state of your soul is not a thing a care to ponder. In any case, let's not let him get too far ahead. "
He adjusts his backpack and starts after Ardoc, calling back to Alexite.
"Besides, an alkaline persona such are yourself might find a kindred spirit in his vapid companion. Come, the smoggy plumes of the business district await us!"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Randovich wrote:

"The state of your soul is not a thing a care to ponder. In any case, let's not let him get too far ahead. "

He adjusts his backpack and starts after Ardoc, calling back to Alexite.
"Besides, an alkaline persona such are yourself might find a kindred spirit in his vapid companion. Come, the smoggy plumes of the business district await us!"

'I assure you, my soul is well tended, little gypsy.' Says Alexite as strolls after Randovich, letting his attention seem to wander towards whatever pretty bauble or person that passes him.


Oh party split? :-) Let's wait for our iomedites


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

It seems like this is something that requires discussing, Esfana would obviously follow her faith, but i have no time now :-( i'm afraid i'll have to let all of you waiting another 1-2 days

This damn Xmas is killing me


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Wait, wait, my friends, it's early on the morning. You heard him, we can look for him anytime, however the monrning prayer won't wait for us.


no problem Esfana


Unlike, other, more clumsy members of their little band, Celina flowed through the crowd like water. She had been quiet for a time - stone walls were not a thing she enjoyed being surrounded by. When she heard herself being mentioned as 'vampish', she rejoined the group - she had not been far.

"Vampish?" She asked, her tone amused. "You have quite the acid tongue it seems. A poor trait in a performer." She shook her head at him slightly, although the twinkle in her eye seemed to suggest she wasn't terribly bothered.

"Randovich, pay no heed to this one." She said, motioning to Alexite. "Control is hard to learn for our gifts, but I can teach you, if you wish."

"I have never seen a dawn prayer before. I would like to go with our Iomedites. As Torald said, we can always find this fellow later."

As she spoke, she glanced at Alexite again, a flicker of light passed through her eyes. Was that fire?


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich turns to a Celina with a weary sigh, a resigned look on his face.
"I appreciate your offer of help, but control is not what I seek - I want to be rid of these powers."
His gaze moves back to the stretching streets and alleys before them, eyes cast once again towards the ground.
"You would feel the same if you knew what I'd wrought."


"There is a way to remove your powers, but I fear you wouldn't like it. You would need to die." She said, her voice sad. "But if you learn control, then you could simply set them aside, and not use them again. Right now, you are using your powers on instinct, letting your emotions rule your magic. With proper control, you would never accidentally use your powers again. Would you like that?"

She paused for a moment. "No matter what you have done, your family will not blame you. You are not the first young sorcerer to burn down a caravn or accidentally harm someone. Nor will you be the last." The assurance in her voice made it clear - she was talking from experience.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

"You're certain there's no other way? I suppose I'll have to be content to bury them, then. You can teach me how to do this?"


"Yes. The magic isn't just in your blood. It is in every fibre of your being. With control, you can simply choose to not use your powers. But it isn't easy. My brother refused his gift. And he does so every morning when he wakes."


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Sorry i cannot help here, i don't know about somewhat-owned-magic, i simply channel what divine power Iomedae chooses to grant me. Anyway i think we shouldn't split; mr. Perdar won't run away, and you can always hear what the church will ask us to do and refuse"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

'Ah, my sweet, you've returned!' Exclaims Alexite. He gives a tiny smirk, his eyes bright, nearly violet in the morning light. 'It's poor form to critique the performance before you've been given the opportunity to experience it. Besides, the acid adds to the tingling sensation.'

Turning to Randovich, 'She is right. You can supress your abilities. Just be sure to weigh the costs.' Shaking his head, 'Ask your dear kinswoman about the look in her brother's eyes. Let her describe to you the everpresent joy he expresses in his life.'

Smiling again, he says, 'Now, let's catch up our Iomedite friends. I am anxious to discover if I really will burst into flame upon entering their temple.'


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

"That, at least, would be an interesting sight. I suppose we all have something to learn from the clergy."

Randovich takes a few hurried steps after the others as he ponders Celia's words, morosely fingering the dagger at his belt.


Leaving Downmarket you reach the Hospice. At first you're just shocked: The Hospice must surely be Varisias most exotic (not to say perverted) Red Light District.

The streets are full of brothels and flophouses, beautiful courtesans and cheap whores wander the streets and you come to think that there are men and women, boys and girls her who fulfilf every thinkable desire.

After you let pass an aristocratic looking man, who pulls four not yet 16 year old looking girls bound to chains, with him you get a view of the Trideon Temnple.

The Temple reminds you of an oasis in the middle of the desert. Its surrounding square is free of any elements of prostitution and well guarded by about 50 man at arms.

The structure itself consists of 3 domed buildings easily recognizable as the temples of Shelyss, Iomedae and Desna.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana looked to the complex of the three temples and at first was pleased to be in the environment most natural to her, but she couldn't say she is happy;the sight she witnessed short ago went against every and each of her beliefs. She saw herself half-naked and put in chains, dragged by some dirty would-be nobleman and shuddered.
”I would have liked to do something for that poor girls in chains sir Torald.This is not what i would expect from the surroundings of a temple of the Inheritor”


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

You're right, these surroundings are disgusting. I can't understand why the clergy tolerates it. It is something whe have to adress this to Britten Frack. It cost me quite an effort to walk these streets without doing something for these poor souls.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Nearly squealing in delight, Alexite claps his hands, 'Oh, ho! I may have sorely misjudged Iomedae. She surrounds her temple with all of the lewd debauchery one could wish for in a provincial backwater. Do you suppose your get discounts as you are her clergy?' Laughing with pure exuberance, he continues, 'I am so looking forward to meeting the rest of your fellow priests. At last we may see some high-spirited, fun loving Iomedites.'


It seems like you got the attention of the temple's personnel, since Britten Frack and two other men clad in chainmails leave the temple square, cross the street and greet you:

All hail my friends, I'm happy that you made it here without have being swallowed by the city, eh! The morning prayer ceremony was cut short and ended just some minutes ago. We got some bad news last night and are in dire need of people like you, at least that's what i assume...the higher ranks act very close-lipped at the moment.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Esfana was still trying to figure if she appreciates or totally hate Alexite's ways of mocking her church and its clergy, repeatedly.
But such matters will have to wait, she thought.

"Good morning mr.Frack, i assume it must be you.Tell us what you can please, i'm eager to serve my Lady"

"Name's Esfana Arantia,nice to meet you"


Yup it's me girl he smiles you really look great in yer armor child, very nice heh...warms and ol' man's heart. If your friends are ready to enter the temple I will lead you to me commander.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human (Sometimes) Gamer 10/ Writer 7/University Student 5.

"My brother is at peace with his decisions. As is his family." She said, as they reached the temple.

When she heard they'd missed the morning service, Celina looked crestfallen. "I'm sory we missed it. So then, how may we be of service to you and Iomedae." She smiled at Britten Frack, letting her grace shine forth.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


"My brother is at peace with his decisions. As is his family." Celina told the others as they approached the temple.

When she heard that they'd missed the morning service, she looked crestfallen. She'd wanted to see something new. "I'm sorry we missed it. I was looking forward to watching." She smiled at Britten, letting her natural charm shine through. "So what do you need from us?"

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich's eyes narrow as the band steps into the temple. The presence of slaves and the lewd innuendos of the clergy do little to set him at ease. His posture is tight and alert, and he seems to be going out of his way to avoid touching anything.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite saunters along, laschiviously eyeing any and all as he approaches the temple. Upon reaching the lintel, he stops as if the open portal were in fact a barrier. Reaching up he rests his hand on the empty air as though upon a closed door. A puzzled look crosses his face, then glancing to see his companions looking, he laughs and nonchalantly strides into the temple.

Addressing Britten Frack, Alexite asks, 'Say old man, your troubles wouldn't consist of some of those nubile young lasses misbehaving, now would it? I only speak for myself, but I assure you I am well versed in discipline and will accept it as a sacred duty to spank each and every one of them should they need it.'


Britten steels his gaze looking at Alexite, then just shakes his head and leads you into the temple.

The interior of the round structure reminds you of some kind of religious barracks. Weapon and armour racks are positioned at every exit and nearly all space inside is filled with pews which are circularly placed around a large marble statue of the Inheritor in battle pose.

Groups of man at arms and knights walk through the temple and discuss, others kneel before the statue in silent prayer.

From the center of the temple several doors lead to smaller rooms, obviously private rooms of higher ranked priests. Besides those doors, there are also two larger steel-portals that lead to the temples of Desna and Shelyn respectively.

Britten lets his gaze wander then then suddenly walks through a row of pews to a man clad in full plate armor who is signing several documents.

Britten steps to his side and whispers something in his ear. The adressee turns around, smiles, and gives your group a small bow:

It's a pleasure to meet two fellow Iomedites and their righteous companions. Britten told me about you already yesterday and I was really looking forward to meeting you this morning. My name is Laval of Gorn, Knight Commander of Iomedae and member of the first circle of this temple.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich glances darkly to the men kneeling before the statue. His fists clench and fire dances in his eyes, but keeps his tongue as they are lead to the man who seems to be in charge. With the introductions complete, he steps towards Laval, making no gesture of greeting or formal address.
"What is this pressing matter that has brought us to your door? It must indeed be dire, as the nature of this problem has thus far eluded each and every one of your subordinates."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Zyren DM:
How splendid! So impetuous!

Alexite arches one of his sharply curved eyebrows, a grin speading across his face at the show Randovich is putting on for him.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Sir Laval, i'm Esfana Arantia, of the academy of Vellumis, Lastwall.It is a honor to be received directly by someone of your rank, for a newbie like me. What can i do to serve The Inheritor?"


After he shoots an irritated glance to Randovich his expression softens

My my, young friend, maybe it's you who is in dire need of help, hm? he smiles sympathetically.

Maybe you have already wondered why the Trideon Temple was built in the Hospice? Because we wanted to bring light into darkness and thought that the center of evil was a good starting point for such a campaign. But while we fight here to save the poor souls that live in the Hospice, other districts seem to rot in fast motion.
One of the most pressing issues is a recent loss of bodies in Ankar-Te. We suspect some kind of graverobbery. To explain that a little more: In Ankar-Te it's quite common to have a zombie slave for housework etc. While we don't like that habit, we do not interfere as long as the reanimated bodies have signed a document in advance to their death that allows their further "usage". In the case of a certain necromancer and his new discount offer on zombie slaves we doubt that these documents have been signed.
But the most terrifying thing is that we suspect that our brother Timodeus, who went missing last week in Ankar-Te, fell also prey to this master of the necromantic arts. I think you already understand how pressing this whole issues is?


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Sounds like we really need to have a talk with this necromancer; is Ankar-Te his only know whereabout ? Did you already have some evidences or only suspects so far?"


He runs the "Revive for a better Life", in Cauldron Street. His name is Esulan Worsh, but he calls himself "The Great Animater". Most probably you'll find him in his shop or one of the surrounding taverns.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Sir, Torald Othric of Griffonstone, Novice from the Cathedral of Sancta Iomedaea of Vigil taken on the road, at your service

You're right Esfana, we have to talk to this mage. And I think our snake tongued friend here, Side glance at Alexite will have his opportunity to prove the worth of his tongue, or I will have to rip it out and burn it, to atone his blasphemous speeches.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich shoots a mocking grin to Torald. "It seems you'd be well within your rights to do so as long as you work out a contract first."


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

At the first occasion to talk in private, Esfana will whisper in Torald's ears:

Sir Torald :
Couldn't tell this to Sir Laval, but i'm awfully scared. I mean, i never faced others than human beings, and even then only marginally from the back rows. Proof is how easily those assassins bested me in the Mindspin Mountains. I never saw undead myself, only read about them, or heard tales from the senior paladins of the academy. I'm afraid i will fail all of you.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Esfana:
Esfana, don't be scared, your teachers won't let you out of the academy when they thought that you're not ready for what will face you in the outside world. I think we both could complement one another. You're better educated and I was prepared to be the shield of our face.

151 to 200 of 7,680 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.