Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


101 to 150 of 7,681 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Dirge Alexite Wintrish wrote:


, 'Give up your pain to me, milady.'

"A gentleman is not supposed to pick his nose in a lady's privacy,but i see your point. I'm stuck here because a kind soul found me half-dead down a cliff,in which i was thrown by some assassins,sent by my sweetheart,or by someone with the same name maybe"


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"Anyway he was heading here and i needed help,so he took me along,but now i don't know what to do or where to go. As i was saying,nothing serious"


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

The snow finally discharged me out of his claws

The pleasure is on my side, Esfana. If you need to talk about your experiences, I'll lend you my ear without teasing you.

Alexite, I worry that I must willy-nilly disappoint you. To my knowledge there is no curse or any other strange thing, that would be worth enough to be mentioned.


Male Half-Elf 1 Monk

Teris sits down at the table with his stew, joining the others.

"Ah well I don't have any tragedy, just sore feet and a pension for the flu, so I suppose I will be safe from some ridicule. Pleased to meet you all, I am Teris Menolas, pilgrim and servant of Torag." Teris said with a smile.

"But what troubles do plague those here? I would be a poor disciple if I was to turn a deaf ear to the troubles of my fellow men..." he added with a slight frown.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Celina, yes, Randovich would be wearing his family scarf, but I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the Varisian families - the campaign book seems to only make a brief mention of the Scarzni. Where could I find such information?


There is no official sourcebook on Varisian families by now, bits and pieces can be put together through various sources like: Prince of Wolves, Rise of the Runelords Players Guide, the whole ROTRL APG, Campaign Setting etc.
I would suppose you create your family yourself...sounds somehow strange, but yes :-)


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Alright, how about we call it the Keldrash caravan. They have a particular affinity for the evening sky and they're elders are practiced astrologers. They're quick to read omens and portents in whatever they see. They're noted for their skill at animal husbandry, and many are accomplished storytellers.


sounds perfect


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich looks to the Varisian woman for a moment, but shyly casts his eyes back to his stew, his spoon directing what is left of it in a slow and lazy spiral.

In Varisian:

Spoiler:
"I have been given to no family. I've left my caravan of my own accord so I can render them no further harm."


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

At home at last, but we still have heavy snow conditions, and i still have to go to work tonight :(


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Same here. 1/2 foot of new snow in Saarbrücken


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

For the cronicles, i live on the Adriatic coast near Rimini, one of the last places you expect to have 30-40 cm of snow


really strange atm...just tell me, if you want to gon on.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Zyren DM wrote:
really strange atm...just tell me, if you want to gon on.

Not sure if you are asking me whether i want to play this game. If so the answer is yes. I may only have problems of timing my posts, but again,not really much left to say to the others....am waiting what Alexite, Torald, Teris and Celina 'll say, but for we could as well skip this part and start with some real play.

Sorry, forgot Randovich


No, I didn't mean you-I was adressing the whole group. Just tell me if you think the get to know part is done. I'm already preparing the action from lvl 5-8


Male Half-Elf 1 Monk

I am fine with either! Teris doesn't need much motivation to get swept up into something.


During your joyful chit-chat customers come and go and the only discomfort is the fresh air that enters the room whenever someone doesn't close the door in time.
The bar wenches busily serve ale, wine and mead and it all flows freely, and the meals seem to be prepared from the best foods the fields and forests of Kaer Maga and its surroundings have to offer.

The weather got worse and worse over the course of the day and sometimes you notice the distant sound of rolling thunders which is mostly drowned by a salacious song, sung by a group of mercenaries sitting at a cornertable.

It must be about three to four hours to midnight as an elderly squire of Iomedae enters the inn and orders an ale at the bar.

Britten Frack, Squire of Iomedae

It takes only about two minutes until he realizes that he's not the only servant of the Inheritor in the tavern. He takes his tankard and steps over to your table. Utilising a speaking pause at your table he adresses Esfana and Torald:

Well met strangers, how come I did not see you yesterday during our celebration of the Inheritor's Ascendance?


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Well met squire, It's easily illustrated, we all how we sit around this table, haven't arrived until this evening.


Male Half-Elf 1 Monk

Glancing up Teris smiles at the squire "Greetings! Another follower of the Inheritor! Sit and join us won't you? We who worship the Father of Creation always welcome fellow friends and combrades in arms against the darkness!" he says cheerfully, making certain there is room at the table.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"I'ld have never missed such ceremony if i was here. Tell me more please"


The old guy scratches his chin, he seems like he's not used to being in the center of attention.

Um, you know, the Inheritors Ascendance, the most important holiday in Iomedae's church. We celebrated it yesterday in the Swordyard of the Trideon temple.
You folks surely wonder why an old pal like me wanders the dangeorus streets of Kaer Maga at night, huh?
It's my duty...offering the newcomers shelter and hospitaliy behind the temple's walls, ye know.

He pauses for a moment

But ye don't look like folks in need of protection. Maybe you could even assist us...eh, I mean my Knight-Commander. Sire Laval of Gorn, he's always looking for righteous men and women, who are willing to do their share in the "eternal struggle".

He chuckles.

Sounds quite important, heh. Anyways, if you're really here, to do a good deed, come to the morning prayer tomorrow. I'll be waiting for ye. The Trideon temple is situated in the Hospice area of the town.

He pulls out a piece of parchment and draws a crude map.

Crude map of Kaer Maga

Meatgate belongs to the Warrens


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Zyren DM wrote:


Sounds quite important, heh. Anyways, if you're really here, to do a good deed, come to the morning prayer tomorrow. I'll be waiting for ye. The Trideon temple is situated in the Hospice area of the town.

I was of course assuming that Esfana knows what the Ascendance is...I may not have all the info on the other hand

"I'll be there for sure, good man"


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich looks up at priest.
"I'll make myself available. It sounds like this Lavel fellow and I might be able to help each other."

Cheliax

Zyren DM wrote:

The old guy scratches his chin, he seems like he's not used to being in the center of attention.

Um, you know, the Inheritors Ascendance, the most important holiday in Iomedae's church. We celebrated it yesterday in the Swordyard of the Trideon temple.
You folks surely wonder why an old pal like me wanders the dangeorus streets of Kaer Maga at night, huh?
It's my duty...offering the newcomers shelter and hospitaliy behind the temple's walls, ye know.

He pauses for a moment

But ye don't look like folks in need of protection. Maybe you could even assist us...eh, I mean my Knight-Commander. Sire Laval of Gorn, he's always looking for righteous men and women, who are willing to do their share in the "eternal struggle".

He chuckles.

Sounds quite important, heh. Anyways, if you're really here, to do a good deed, come to the morning prayer tomorrow. I'll be waiting for ye. The Trideon temple is situated in the Hospice area of the town.

He pulls out a piece of parchment and draws a crude map.

Crude map of Kaer Maga

Meatgate belongs to the Warrens

Still no sign of the proprietor?

I had been waiting on Celina to continue the conversation.

Alexite looks up at the elderly squire. Seeing as he's talking to the Iomedites about their holy day, he looks to the wenches for sign that the proprietor has returned.



@ Esfana, surely you know about it, it was rather an info for the rest.

alexite:

Still no sign, however, the first floor seems to contain his rooms, since entry is only allowed to personnel.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Dunno where to post this,but i saw a thread of yours called "Heart of light discussion", you opening another PbP campaign? I didn't see a recruit thread


Oh yeah I did, since I'm blessed with alot of time atm, I thought I could easily handle another PBP.
This was the recruit thread Recruiting
We just finished recruiting.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

It'll be an honor for me to assist you in the morning. I'll be at the prayer.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Whoops, forgot to answer to sir Torald during the "know each other matter"

"I simply followed this life because i never knew another one, sir Torald, Dad was a high ranking officer in the Academy, and Mum a traveling priestess, both of Iomedae of course. It seemed natural to me.
I'm a bit lost , it is the first time i'm alone and far from home. And it isn't something i decided.But now that i finally wept all the tears i had,i feel better, and think i've been fooled
"


Overhearing that, the Squire pats your shoulder.

The temple also offers you time and comfort that you can use to focus again girl.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Thinking by hersel
"No one asked you,idiot"

To the squire
"Thanks sir, it'll be an honor to join you prayers next morning"


He nods absently, seeming to ponder about something.

Then I wish you all a nice evening and hope to see you tomorrow with the first rays of dawn at the temple.

He strolls off to the bar.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich finishes off his stew and turns to his three pious dining companions.
"What kind of aid can we expect your church to request? I've heard little of Iomedae beyond stories of her clergy's crusades. Is it likely to be dangerous?"


Male Half-Elf 1 Monk

"I would be honored to offer any assistance I can, tomorrow morning it is." Teris said cheerfully.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

"No need to tell i'll do anything she asks me;now if all of you will excuse me, it has been the hardest day in my life so far, i still need to clean my robes for tomorrow morning, and i'm dead tired.I'll retire now, goodnight everyone"

With these words Esfana gives a courtesy, before heading upstairs to her room


After a long evening of friendly and witful discussions even Alexite got tired and the last of remnants of the group of newcomers to Kaer Maga strolled (or staggered) up to their rooms.

3rd of Arodus

The morning awaited the fellow adventurers with an echo of yesterday: Heavy clouds hanging in the sky barring all possible sunrays from Kaer Maga.

Besides Becca, who woke the travelers, the inn is still asleep and quiet, while the chorus of busy noises of the city can be heard already.

Any preparations before you leave? And maybe someone could decide - after looking on the map - which route you're going to take?


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

After having been awoke by Becca, Esfana , still half asleep wait some minutes in the bed. Rubbing her eyes and stretching she finally stands up; she washes and is ready for the morning at temple, not before she puts her armor on of course,


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Awaked through his in his monastry life confirmed habit, Torald swings himself out of hi bed, washes himself and dons his armor and his armament. After that he goes to the taproom and waits for the others.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

Damn, i want a Strength 25 cleric, just so to be able to carry around my stuff

Her armor so heavy, Esfana left almost everything she has locked away in the room, donning armor, sword and shield;her robes under the armor and the holy symbol the only exceptions.

She then joins the others downstairs.

"Good morning everyone."


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

Nice to see you, may Iomedae bless this day.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

Randovich makes his way slowly down the stairs, still frazzled but looking a bit cleaner. He seems to be carrying everything he came in with, his bulging backpack clinging tightly to his form, and his walking stick clicking loudly on the floor as he makes his way to Torald and Esfana. For several seconds he simply stands silently, as if waiting for direction from another.
"Which way to the temple?"


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

When I read this map right, we first have to go to the Core of the city and then it will be in the south-eastern corner.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )
Randovich wrote:

Randovich makes his way slowly down the stairs, still frazzled but looking a bit cleaner. He seems to be carrying everything he came in with, his bulging backpack clinging tightly to his form, and his walking stick clicking loudly on the floor as he makes his way to Torald and Esfana. For several seconds he simply stands silently, as if waiting for direction from another.

"Which way to the temple?"

"I don't know myself, we all just arrived. I thought we had a map"

Torald ninjaed me


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2

Alexite awakens to the sound of other guests moving about their rooms and trudging downstairs. He rouses himself to scrub down with cloth and a basin of water. More listening for the sound of continued rain than looking out a window, he dresses in his fine clothes slipping his chain shirt on over his undershirt and under his overshirt and doublet. Being sure to cast prestidigitation on himself, his clothing and his gear, he sets out from his room.

Heading downstairs, he finds a couple of the Iomedites and the starcrossed gypsy in the commons. 'Hello! Were all of you awoken by that herd of elephants traipsing downstairs, too? Ugh! Far too early for proper victuals to be observed, don't you think? Isn't this supposed to be Saranrae's time of day?' Alexite asks with a yawn. 'Perhaps Iomadae should consider becoming the noon natterer or twilight terror, sometime of day when laziness is more seemly and respectable.' Languidly, almost lewdly, he stretches for the benefit of everyone, managing to separately give a wink to both Becca and Esfana.


Now let's just wait for Celina and Teris to wake up.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

One question about languages: Esfana isn't the smartest cleric ever (9 Intelligence) and as such she should start with one less language; but human start with Common and their origins language...since Esfana -1 Intelligence mod and the fact she would have known Common (by human) and Varisian (by origins) i had her learning only Common so she could at least talk with the party, or can she know Varisian too?


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Rulewise you're correct Esfana should only be able to speak common.

On the other hand you can learn Varisian if you put one point in "linguistics" Maybe we should just grant you this point for free (backgroundwise).


Ok I suppose we just go on and act like you dragged them along

With Becca's best wishes you leave the Shiny Walking Stick. The whole "Warrens" district seems to be awoke for at least 2 hours, since many farmers and city traders have already gathered at Meatgate and haggle about cattle and products from the city.

Only now you begin to understand the whole architecture of Kaer Maga:
The gigantic stone wall surrounding the city "is" the city. Most poeple seem to live inside the massive walls and as far as you can tell, it must be like living in a bee hive in there. The three inner districts which are the only ones that are under the open sky, house mostly administrative buildings, shops, warehouses and markets. Very few people seem to really reside here.

As you enter the Hospice you notice a group of men clad in dark leather armor, armed with elven composite bows and longsword, every inch the image of rangers, patrolling the street (at least there seems to be some sort of guard).

Short break on your way, for those that want to inspect something in special or have questions etc.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer 1 (Starsoul)

As they make their way through the streets of Kaer Maga, Randovich's head is constantly swinging back and forth, his eyes wide and a mixture of awe and anxiety painted on his youthful face. Every sight, sound, and smell seems a wonder to him, and he appears to be having some trouble digesting it all. The tightly packed clusters of apartments in the wall seem especially unnerving to him.
"I've never seen this kind of squalor. How can people live like this - so tightly packed together?"


Male Human (Chelaxian) Bard/2
Randovich wrote:
"I've never seen this kind of squalor. How can people live like this - so tightly packed together?"

Interesting. Kaer Maga is nothing like the other Varisian cities. I wonder what secrets it holds.

'People are like cockroaches. They'll survive in any dark crevasse they find.'

101 to 150 of 7,681 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.