Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


1,051 to 1,100 of 7,682 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Male Tielfling Rogue 2

"S@@!e! Its the filth!" Thorne thinks as he melds into nearby shadow.
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
He waits until he has the opportunity to recover his bolts unseen.
6 or better on d10
1d10 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 6
both recoverable


The duskawarden nods and pats your back

Well done stranger, an otyugh is not unperilous. Should you be looking for work, come to the Duskwarden's Headquarter in Bis District and tell them Lieutenant Vonder has commended you.

Already hald turned away he mutters to one of his fellows

These attacks from underground have reached an alarming level, dammit.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Leaving the Duskwardens to their business in cleaning up the mess, Alchaeringa returns to his pancakes.

"So, are we to hunt some Assassins, or see what the Duskwardens have in mind"

Watching Thorne cleaning his bolts, he adds "Nice shots once again"


Male Tielfling Rogue 2

Thorne tips his hat at the acknowledgement.
"now far be it for me to say where we go and what we do, but I am all uncomfortable like, to walking into the Duskwardens' office. Im thinking that there is a better than even chance I'll not be walking back out, if you get my meaning. If you want to go and see whats on offer Im easy to help - I just don't want to go with you to there.
How about I wait here and try and keep my breakfast down while you guys go and find out the lay of the land eh?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Perhaps I will go to the Duskwardens then, whilst you rest your weary bones - I can guess why you'd not want to wander too close to their lair"

Alcheringa stands and thanks Bobo for breakfast, then prepares to depart...

I guess I can go see the Duskies, will be able to kick the story along a tad whilst we wait for joiners/returning people and will allow me to collect them while I'm out :p


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I'll accompany you.


Female Human ( Varisian) Cleric lvl 2 ( Iomedae )

My posts this week could be very scarce if any at all :-( If you don't want to drop Esfana and are waiting too much NPC her, i trust you


As Torald and Alcheringa depart, Bobo remains with Thorne standing in the entrance of the Revive.

Bobo pats Throne on the tigh and sighs

Isn't it weird? As long as they are at home you can't await them to spread their wings and become fully fledged, now, seeing them leave my heart bleeds...
Ok, whatever, do you dare to degustate my newest creation - I call it "frogs - remains - and sauce"?

Alcheringa and Torald need about an hour through the crowded streets of Ankar Te, Downmarket and Bis until they reach the bunker like structure that houses the guild of the Duskwardens.

The entrance lies some meters underground and you have to walk down a really large granite stairwell to reach the front gate, where several Duskwardens vigilantly stand guard.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Looks like our place Torald, lets see what these Wardens have in mind..."

Alcheringa and Blaze make their way inside.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"This looks to be our place, I wonder what the Duskwardens might have in mind..."

Alcheringa accompanies Torald inside, Blaze slinking alongbehind them.


Attack:
[dice=Fauchard]1d20+5[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+4[/dice] [dice=Fauchard PA]1d20+4[/dice] [dice=Damage]1d10+7[/dice]
Human Paladin (Hospitaler) 2 | AC 19 T 11 FF 18 | HP 25/25 | F +8 R +4 W +6 | Init +1 | Perc +0

I guess it is related to some crime.


Male Tielfling Rogue 2

Thorne looks down at Bobo and snarls "Keep it up, half pint and Ill show YOU a dish - with you as pride of place in the tray and an apple stuffing both orifices - savvy?!"


@Thorne:

Bobo pokes a finger into his right ear and makes a screwing movement

Mhhh, halfling roast stuffed with a variation of fruits...doesn't sound that bad, eh? I think you got talent, Mr. "I'm so evil"

he laughs heartily and hops back into the shop.

@ Alcheringa and Torald:

As you pass the guards, one of them nods, which you take as permittance to enter.

Behind the large entrance double doors is an antechamber from which several hallways lead to other parts of the building.
Opposite you is a counter, where a Duskwarden gives directions to newcomers. It's a real hustle and bustle here: Duskwardens, people who need help, traders and messengers all crowd the room.
Above the counter is the taxidermised head of a strange monster with large mandibles. It reminds you of a giant version of a carrion crawler.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa wanders in, regards the inhabitants in his usual semi-aloof manner, and fronts up to the Duskwarden at the counter.

"Your agents in the street suggested there might be some tasks requiring attention, I have come to see what those might be"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren Toscobble stands outside the skewed building looking up at the bedraggled sign that says “Revive for a Better Life”. "This is the place the half orc said. I hope it lives up to its name!“ The halfling enters through the front door and into the common room. "Woohoo! Its cousin Bobo!" Upon seeing his cousin, Kyren lets out a shriek of joy! "Kazam, Cuz! Look who’s here!" The halfling drops his pack and leaps at his startled halfling cousin embracing him in a brotherly embrace. "At last, I found you! I cannot tell you how glad I am to see you! You would not believe the creatures I had to sneak by to get here. I just passed a big ugly troll that looked at me like I was breakfast!" The halfling looks around at his surroundings. "You are not an easy person to find, Cuz! Is this where you live? I can't believe they still call this Varisia. Don't just stand there flabbergasted Cuz, let's tap the keg. I'll take out the Tzarek board. Of course, I would be happy to have a nice meal as well. We have a lot to discuss. You wouldn't mind putting me up for a few weeks would you? I could get use to this place. At least it's well hidden and way off the beaten path."


@ Kyren:

Bobo is profoundly dumbfounded by the sight of his cousin, yet he regains his wits soon enough

"Ha! Perish the thought, it's cousin Kyren![/b]

Entangled in the embrace and out of breath, Bobo adds laughingly

So good to see you, you have to tell me everything about:

Aunt Wilhelma and uncle Berdic,
cousin Flick and his fiance Berta,
my brother's brother-in-law Fender,
great uncle Dofus and his wife Doola,
grandpa Moggins and all the others I forgot to mention!

Then, with a sweeping gesture

Yes, this is my "realm", heh! You must be hungry and I just tried some new recipes, like "carrion slug in aspic" - so delicious!

@ Alcheringa:

The Duskwarden eyeballs you shortly - and you seem to fit in the image he has of an adventurer, since he says

OK, there are several tasks where a helping hand would be appreciated. You more into spelunking or messenger services?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:

So good to see you, you have to tell me everything about:

Aunt Wilhelma and uncle Berdic,
cousin Flick and his fiance Berta,
my brother's brother-in-law Fender,
great uncle Dofus and his wife Doola,
grandpa Moggins and all the others I forgot to mention!

"Well, where do I begin. . . Aunt Wilhelma and uncle Berdic have gone on a retreat to write their epic tale about the dangerous gardner with the two left feet. Flick and Berta have decided to move in together and now the Berta’s family feels they are disgraced and they are accusing Flick’s folks of having loose morals and missing marbles. Your brother’s brother in law, Fender has just learned how to juggle knives, but he’s learned his lessons the hard way. Let’s just say we have a new nickname for him. . . Stumpy. Great uncle Dofus has decided to build a sculpture of a giant horse in the yard. Doola has been very patient with him, but the fact that the horse is anatomically correct has caused quite the stir in the neighborhood. Oh yes, and granpa Moggins has taken up rock climbing. This would not be bad, except for the fact, that he prefers the freedom of no clothing. Let’s just say that the family is doing well. Mom and Pop and the rest of the Toscobble clan are doing well with their tour. I left them in Whistledown and they are probably enjoying a lovely vacation on Lake Syrantula at this moment. I have much to tell you about my own life. For now, let's just say I needed a little vacation as well. Before I tell you my story, let's get that nice hot meal out here so we can tuck in!"

Bobo wrote:
You must be hungry and I just tried some new recipes, like "carrion slug in aspic" - so delicious!

What?! Has my hearing gone bad, or did you just say that you find the idea of carrion slug in aspic to be . . . delicious?! Have you gone absolutely koo koo? This is worse than Uncle Milo! Kyren begins pacing and utters to no one in particular, “What have I done coming to cousin Bobo for help? I knew I should have found a cousin with better taste in cuisine. Then turning back to his cousin. Bobo, you must have access to better food than that, otherwise I am going to starve! Please Cousin, tell me that you are just having a good time and putting me up to some kind of absurd joke.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
The Duskwarden wrote:


OK, there are several tasks where a helping hand would be appreciated. You more into spelunking or messenger services?

"I'd prefer a task that kept me out of a dark hole, if the messenger service is overland I could do with a journey out of town...sounds acceptable regardless"

Then perhaps some spelunking after I have had a chance to strecth my legs"


@ Alcheringa:

The Duskwarden laughs as you mention "out of town"

Heh, this stinking city is its own universe, elf. Some days I doubt that a Golarion beyond this walls exists at all. No sir, the messenger service will keep you in this forlorn city.

@ Kyren:

Bobo looks surprised, then mutters under his breath

Mental note: Carrion slugs don't arouse the interest of the audience...have to discard all carrion slug ideas...

Then smiling, he adds

Sure it was a joke, heh! Only a fool would eat a carrion slug, right? So umm, what about my famous apple-pear-pancakes?

Walking to the kitchen, he adss

Good to hear that everyone is healthy and industrious, Kyren. But, now tell me, what has you brought to this wonderful place of unlimited opportunities?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"I'll take it anyway, whats the delivery...or pick up?"


With a nod the man turns around and walks into a small storage room behind the counter.

As he returns, he has a small package in his hands.

OK, bring this to Jayzzel at Meatgate. He is the Duskwarden who welcomes the newcomers, heh, as if this g#!&$$ city was a good place to be, heh. Hey and since you're so close to the gate then, you should really take the opportunity and leave this place before it devoures your soul...


Male Tielfling Rogue 2

"Will. You. Two. SHUT. UP!!! Oooh" Thorne yells then clutches his head in pain. "Gods damned halfpints. If you have to jump all over yourselves then do it quietly like and let me die in peace. And someone please turn off the sun ..." he adds shielding his eyes with his hat.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

“Well Bobo, things were going really well. The Tosscobbles were touring with Mom and Pop as well as Lyren and Myren. We were on the road every night. We stayed in some lovely places like the Rabbit Hill Inn, the Falconer’s Gate, and even at The White Heather. We had the red velvet treatment nearly every night. Furthermore, we were playing really well together. My harp playing has really improved over the course of a tour. I have really been able to lick that syncopated section in “Spirit of the Mountain” and of course, the audiences go crazy over the glissandos. Things were wicked good. Good pay, good food, good company. You couldn’t beat it. Then we went to the keep of Baron Othek Whippletar. We played for him and his clan and did really well. They enjoyed us and all was good. But one night during our stay, I found a game of Tzarek happening in the great hall. Othek’s son, Clifford was playing and and cleaning house with everyone. He was also being very full of himself. I could not resist the opportunity to humble him. So I offered to play him a little game for 10 gold pieces. He was not a bad player, but he did not see the windmill that I played on him and he went down fast after that. After that, he got really mad and demanded a rematch. I was happy to oblige, but soon we increased the stakes and I won another 50 gold on him. It all seemed too easy, like taking candy from a bairn. He then invited me to play in a match against his uncle Duskwane Whippletar the following evening. Let’s just say I did not see this coming.”

“After a series of games, I found myself in an intense high stakes match. After the fourth round, I was 2500 gold in the lead. His skill was good, but I knew that I could still beat him. So I played one more round risking it all on that last game. If I won, I would be able to walk away with 7500 crowns. However, if I lost, I would owe him big. I don’t know what happened that last game but suddenly my dice stopped working. I rolled wyvern eyes and the game started to crumble for me. I still cannot figure out what happened. I lost the game and all of my fortune and more. I could not pay up and Duskane Whippletar is demanding payment. I quickly gathered up my few harp and my board and I have been on the run ever since. The Whippletars have a strong reach, and I have had bounty hunters chasing me halfway across Varisia for over a month. However, you have nothing to fear, I am certain I lost them long ago. Besides, they would never think to look for me in a place like this! So what do you say, Cuz? You wouldn’t mind opening your doors for family would you?

I am glad to hear you call this a wonderful place of unlimited opportunities, because the other thing that I need to talk to you about is finding some gainful employment. I am in need of acquiring lots of gold. And I am talking five thousand of the shiny glittering ones. Do you know anyone in the area that you could hook me up with? By the way, who is that crabby guy with the crazy accent?


Pretending not having heard your last question, Bobo replies

Oh dear, Lady Luck whipped your buttocks! That sounds really like you got yourself into trouble, cousin! But, never be afraid, when Bobo is at your side! I know a group of adventurers who have quite a lot strings to their bows, heh!

Looking over to Thorne, he adds with a sneering tone

Speaking of bows, this is Thorne, who actually wields a crossbow, but that is as close as we will get to a bow, heh! Yeah, I know, he is filthy, unfriendly, drunken, corrupt, violent, indulgent and maybe even a little bit decadent - though, most of the time he lacks the money to... whatever. He is the newest member of the group I just mentioned.

Exclaiming to Thorne:

Hey, "Mr. I'm so vile, the Whispering Tyrant was my childhood friend", this is my cousin Kyren.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa picks up the package, takes note of the name and delivery details.

"We expecting trouble carting this, or delivering it?"

"May as well give me details on the spelunking too, we can make an outing of it"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Bobo wrote:
”I know a group of adventurers who have quite a lot strings to their bows, heh! . . . Speaking of bows, this is Thorne, who actually wields a crossbow, but that is as close as we will get to a bow, heh! Yeah, I know, he is filthy, unfriendly, drunken, corrupt, violent, indulgent and maybe even a little bit decadent - though, most of the time he lacks the money to... whatever. He is the newest member of the group I just mentioned.”

Well Bobo, you are a blessing. I am not fond of strings attached to anything but my harp. But let me see what I have to work with here. I will try some of my charm and wit and see if I can subdue his temper. Kyren pulls out his harp, sets it up right down in front of Thorne and begins accompanying himself with an impromptu song.

I had a long day and I came to Kaer Maga.
It has a lot of monster and a shape that's hexaga.
I went to place a they called the Revive.
I met my cousin Bobo and he assured me I’m alive.
All was going well, until I met grumpy Thorne.
That’s when I wished I hadn’t been born.
Thorne, Thorne, he doesn’t use a bow.
Thorne, Thorne, he’s always sittin low.
They say he’s unfriendly, they say he is fiflthy.
But, Thorne, Thorne, he’s the guy you wanna know.

Perform Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Greetings, Mister Thorne. The small halfling bows low. Your reputation precedes you, but by only just a moment. Forgive my little ditty, but I am happy to meet your aquaintance. My dear cousin Bobo has informed me that aside from your vile temper, you are part of an adventuring band. Would you be willing let me join your band of merry little archers. They say alone one may fall, but together we may stand. What say you, would you like to accept the luck of a halfling? Perhaps together we could become rich!


@ Kyren:

Humming along your tune, Bobo leaves the former sale room and goes into the kitchen to bake the pancakes.

@ Alcheringa:

The Duskwarden looks a bit confuzzled

Huh? It's Kaer Maga Mr. pointy ear, every f.ucking step you make is as dangerous as creeping right into a dragon's lair. So, hell yeah, you can always expect something bad to happen! I just heard a godd.am otyugh has broken through the streets of Ankar Te and maimed some people!

The spelunking job? Can't tell you much about it now, ask me again, when...I mean IF you return.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

After seeing that Thorne obviously does not want any jolly halfling trying to cheer him up, Kyren decides to give the stranger his space. He takes his harp into the corner and passes the moment playing a haunting slow air, eagerly awaiting the arrival of pancakes!

Despite his outgoing personality, the young halfling is actually very emotional and cannot help but think about the trouble he has landed himself in.

Tzarek . . . I love it and I hate it. Why can’t I simply say no when I need to? Because it is too damn thrilling! That’s why. Maybe I could find a few games to supplement my income here in Kaer Maga. What harm could that bring?

Perform 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"Kazam!" The halfling wakes up out of his wandering thoughts. Whoah! What were those notes?! Oh my gosh. I really botched that section. I am in the middle of a piece of music. Stay focussed. Don't let the game distract you, Kyren. I hope nobody heard that!


Out of the kitchen you hear the sound of a shattering plate...or two...only a whiff later Bobo looks out of the kitchen door and says

Phew, Kyren...you're alive. I nearly thought Thorne had just strangled you with one of your harp strings...cousin you really need practice - better stop thinking about Tzarek all the time, tststs.


Male Tielfling Rogue 2

"Hey Halfpint - if you are going to join our group I hope that singing isn't your best talent - cause if it is then may the all the Fiends help us - cause the Gods sure aint!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa returns to collect his friends so he can take them on a parcel run.


About half an hour later Alcheringa returns to the Revive and finds Bobo and Kyren sitting next to a gigantic pillar of pancakes, while Thorne sits in a corner of the room and eyes the small gourmands with open disgust.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

After delighting in the childish innocence of a pancake stack, Alcheringa eyes the two halflings, "They've multiplied?"

Turning back to Thorne "Delivery to Meat Gate for the Duskwardens, feel like a wander? I believe they'd probably be paying"


Bobo looks up and gives Blaze a pancake

Want one kitty? By the way, this is Kyren my cousin. Kyren, this is Alcheringa.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Kitty would take two, but don't get your hand too close"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren brightens at the word “paying.” He even puts down his knife and fork (after finishing his recent bite, of course) and jumps up to greet the elf. ”Greetings, Master Alcheringa. I am Kyren Tosscobble at your service. I am a wanderer myself, and a musician with extra special talents. I could not help but overhear you mention that you have a job to do. I am personaly looking for a more lucrative experience in my life. May I accompany you for a share of the payment?”


Bobo mumbles

oh yeah, very special talents...singing like a banshee...heh.

laughing about his own joke, he nearly chokes on his pancake.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Most certainly, we shall depart immediately."

Alcheringa collects a pile of pancakes and wraps them in greasepaper, distributing them to the poor and hungry as they walk.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
An elf that does not appreciate the importance of a good hearty pancake feast wrote:


"Most certainly, we shall depart immediately."

"I appreciate the offer, Mister Alcheringa, but don't you think we should finish off these warm pancakes first. It would be a shame to let them get cold. . . Wait! . . .Wait! I'll come now! . . .Wish me luck Bobo!" As Alcheringa departs, Kyren grabs his walking staff, backpack and grabs a few cakes to eat on the go as he runs out the door. "I'm coming, I'm coming! Don't leave me behind!"


I assume the leaving party consists of Alcheringa, Kyren and Thorne for the moment.

You leave the Revive and make your way through the crowded streets of Ankar Te towards Downmarket District.

At a street corner you notice a goblin with an eye patch juggling with hedgehogs, while he balances a bowl with acid on his head. An odd sight, yet, it's not as distrubing as the undead whores at other street corners...

As always you can't help yourself, but feel relieved as you leave the morbid streets of Ankar Te behind you. The open sky above Downmarket District is one of the rare sights of nature within the city, it lightens your hearts, although it has started to rain.

The streets get less crowded towards Meatgate and in this area the city does not look much different compared to other Varisian cities, Korvosa for example - well, yes, there is the gigantic city wall... -

You pass the Shiny Walking Stick and reach Meatgate some minutes later. The sound of cattle and bartering people fills the air and is only lightly damped by the falling rain.

perception DC 15:

You notice two Duskwarden next to the gap in the wall, who observe the incoming farmers and herders.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa is clearly disgusted with the base activities and decadence around him, and is clearly agitated by the walking corpses.

Perception = 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

"Thats probably them"

Alcheringa wanders over to the two Duskwarden guards.

"I see Jayzzel, could you kindly point us in the right direction?"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren walks closely at Alcheringa's heels, looking around cautiously everywhere he goes. He makes a few idle comments along the way to cover up his nervousness.

"I never thought I would say this, but is it ok if we don't take a rest in this neighborhood?"

"Kazam! . . . and I thought Grampa Moggins had some bad habits."

"Do you think that goblin was a pirate with some excess castaways from his shipwrecked boat?"

"I bet some people are dying to get in bed with them!" Hehehe

"Well at least the rain may help clean up the city of all this grime."

As the streets get less crowded and the city begins to look more like the familiar, Kyren visibly relaxes and begins to ask Alcheringa about the job ahead of them."So what kind of delivery are we making. Are we working to deliver meat to a local butcher?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa grins continually at the small fellows stream of base remarks and innuendo. Whilst he is an elf, he appears to lack the refinement of his cousins and has an appreciation for the every day.

"Don't know what we are dropping off, I'm always up for an excuse to wander, though I agree this city is a little inhospitable."


Male Tielfling Rogue 2

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
"Agreed. They are most likely our marks. I'll just wait over here while you take the package to them - keeping an eye out for your backs so to speak." With that Thorne steps into the crowd proper (keeping a firm hand on his money pouch) then vanishes into a suitable pool of shadow.
Stealth 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Perception (keeping an eye on the surrounds to see if anyone is taking undue interest in his companion's movements) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


The adressed duskwarden, a short man with a blonde goatee, wearing a chainmail amd having a longsword and a composite longbow strapped to his back, eyeballs you grumpily for a moment

I'm Jayzeel Olcothra, and who may you be, elf?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"A package bearer, names Alcheringa."

Alcheringa provides the package to the addressee.

"I have a few friends and we were looking for work, and a little adventure. Oh and they'd like some coins too"

Alcheringa looks at him expectantly.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

The halfling watches, listens and tries to remain silent. But he cannot help himself and he chimes in saying, "The emphasis is on coins and less so on adventure."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"If you are half the size is it twice the adventure?"

Alcheringa looks back at his cat, "What do you think Blaze? he says pausing to nod sagely at some answer that only he is privy to, "Yes I quite agree, much different to Humans"


Jayzeel pokes the other Duskwarden and nods in your direction

We received a package...

The other man's face lightens up and he says with a smile

Oh, how nice, a present. Let's see if it is damaged.

He takes the package and inspects it carefully

Nope, everything's fine.

Jayzeel nods and hands you the package back. As you hold it out before you, he stamps it and says

Now bring it back to whoever gave it to you in the first place.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

"Not so hard so far..."

Alcheringa turns his procession around and returns toward the Duskwarden office...maybe Spelunking was the better option.

1,051 to 1,100 of 7,682 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.