Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,951 to 6,000 of 7,681 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Alchy hisses a warning not to enter, he is just looking at something...

When the map arrives :p


Jinx fades out of view of Yrix.

Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (2) + 24 = 26

Floyd, ridden by an eyeless doll, maintains an unwavering vigil aimed directly at the back of Yrix's skull. A single act of betrayal will turn the "naga"'s skull into an ashtray, cutting a deep furrow and covering those closest with grey matter specked viscera.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Now *that's* what I'm talkin' about, Jinx!! :-)


Won't need a map here. The room is about 30mX40m Basins are scattered all over it, except the walls.

Yrix looks at Kyren, then slowly turns round and stares into the darkness, somehow the ex-naga feels that something is "wrong"

That is place where he stores the bodies that are not sold...eh, where Jinx?

It's a bit funny that the voice of the sophisticated naga has totally vanished now that Yrix is reduced to the goblin snake he is.


Stealing quick glances Jinx seeks to located the telltale movements of a necromancer among the walls of the demised, though he finds it difficult to divert his attention this way.

Perception: 1d2 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 (natural 1 rolled)

As Yrix turns his head he is greeted by the slightly akimbo head of the gunslinger's doll a hairsbreadth away from his forehead.

The whisper trundles across the distance between the duo in the language of the goblins, "Where be?"

Yrix is the recipient of a minor charge attack from the doll to cajole him into action so Floyd can breathe properly again.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"What's wrong, Goblin Naga? You have a peculiar expression on your face. Is this room not what you were expecting?"

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 20


Everything fine, we go to far wall, there iron door.

Yrix tries to point at the door, but without arms the snake nearly falls over.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok Wee Bluets, I think we are almost there. Let's go check out the door. Berry, Berry, quite contrary, how do your lock tools work? Do you want to check the door for traps, my dear?"


Patting his thanks to the "naga" Jinx wanders past Yrix and enters the room in search of the necromancer, maintaining his stealthful advance.

Floyd skips this way and that in a wag much like the wag of an exciteable dog's tail in search of their prey.

This many potential zombies could make for a really interesting future.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Alcheringa roars his final warning to get out of the room.

Moments later an enormous explosion goes off inside the chamber, masses of debris and carnage now fill the place.

Stonecall - Damage 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10, no save.
(40'radius, should hit almost everything - all difficult terrain for 6 rounds)

DirkaDirkaDirka - Take THAT undead to be... try animating anything now Necro-man.


Jinx wanders out, watches the explosion with awe, throws a wink at Alcheringa and then wanders into the room whistling as he dances into the aftermath of the spell.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Well I suppose we should wait for the caustic chemicals and necrotic energies to dissipate." Berry says with a shrug.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Al looks rather satisfied with the carnage from the explosion.


As the ceiling caves in and the bodies become buried under the huge masses of stone and rubble, you hear a scream of anger and terror from the room behind - moments later a half-naked half-orc (does that turn anything into quarters?) storms out of the door, but tumbles back as soon as he notices you

WHA...WHO?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn takes the opportunity of surprise to quickly sheathe his daggers, and pull out a bow, taking a step into the room and to the side to give others a chance to get in as well.

We're probably your doom, broccoli-face. I'm guessing you're the one stealing corpses from the nearby tomb? And that you won't stop if we ask nicely, so I'm thinking we're going to skip right to the "demand you stop or we end you permanently" part. Vaughn then draws back on his huge bow, taking a careful bead on the necromancer's left eye. He's ready to loose the shaft if the necromancer makes any magicky moves.

I'm ready to loose this shaft if you make any magicky moves. After that . . . well, no more Mr. Nice Guy, if you catch my drift. Get out for good, or we'll smear you on the floor.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Intention is to disrupt any spellcasting. I konw you techincally can't ready an action out of combat, but that's what I'm going for. I'll take your ruling on that if the situation degenerates further!


Uh...heh...I don't wanna do any "magicky" moves...I'm not stupid...heh.

From behind a heavy purple curtain a female zombie staggers into the room...there is a moment of awkward silence as you gaze at her - she looks like the obscenely sexualised version of Frankenstein's Bride with hzuge boobs and broad hips...

Oh...eh...that is my wife, Ashya.

the necromancer comments and there's quite a lot of pride in his voice.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Um, ew." Berry says. "Sooooo are you going to leave or do we have to feed you to the cat? I mean it's not as if there's a lack of corpses walking around Kar Maga."


Can't you see the magnificence of my idea? I created the alchemical skeleton! another moment of awkward silence that totally undermines the intended grandeur...

Uh...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

You know, most decent folks' standards are AT LEAST "two holes AND A HEARTBEAT." You are a sick, sick freak. Vaughn spares the zombie whore a glance. *shiver* That's just . . . gross.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Oh wow an alchemical skeleton! Can I see i..." Berry pauses as she sees the wreckage that Alcheringa caused. "Oh."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Necromancer wrote:
"Can't you see the magnificence of my idea? I created the alchemical skeleton!"

"Please spare me the details! You are messing with things that are most unnatural. Didn't your mother ever teach you that it is bad to play with undead?! Now, if you value your own life, you will kindly lie down prone with your arms spread wide apart! Get down, this moment!" Kyren commands."Or the cats get an early dinner!"


I'm no fighter, I will do as you told me.

the necromancer stammers and lies down.

Meanwhile Ashy has staggered further into the room and says

I'm sorry, I think he just tried to impress me. her voice is quite melodic and you are surprised by the warmth that is audible in it.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Necromancer wrote:
"I'm no fighter, I will do as you told me."

"This is good news indeed! For we certainly do not want to hurt you. Daggers, can you remove and weapons and spell components from this necromancer. We should then bind him up while we discuss what is to be done with him."


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

The pair of cats seem to be a bit aloof as they split and begin to walk, one either side of the room. After a few moments of them aimlessly wandering like bored cats, the familiar tail swish gives away to the party that they are simply moving into a flanking position and will probably charge the frankenwife in just moments.


Jinx comfortably wanders into the bedlam of the room as if he was wandering into a friend's abode to visit. Giving only a momentary glance at the prone necromancer he marches right up to Ashya and smiles his disconcerting smile.

Then she speaks in a voice of warmth, so disconnected from what he would expect that his mouth hangs agape.

Drawing the eyepatch from his one eye, he flips it to rest on the bottom of his headdress and blinks a few times, as he tries to make sure he was not hearing things.

Thinking himself rude he offers his outstretched palm to shake, and does not miss an opportunity to throw his body into something akin to a standing seizure.

"Pretty!"

In mid-shake he pats the necromancer's shoulder a few times to congratulate him on his fine works.

Reaching into his pocket he draws out the dizzy frog, then shakes his head and throws his hand into another pocket and comes out with the glued-together parrot. Sticking it in the necromancer's face he asks,

"Fix?"


Ashya shakes the goblin's hand and a smile spreads on her face

I'm so glad that you are not one of Pharasma's hounds. We have been hunted by their wretched church for years.

as the necromancer eyes the parrot, he manages a grin

I can fix that, no problem, your dicky will be right as rain again!


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large


3...


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

*sigh* stupid roleplaying *grumble grumble*

Berry saunters up to the strange zombie woman though doing well to stay out of arms length. Her voice drips nervous curiosity as she addresses the undead creature.

"So, um, been undead long?"


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

2...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn is no dummy--he sees Al and Blaze hunkering down, flanking the Zombie Bride about to pounce. He raises his voice quickly, while also closing as fast as he can to either help restrain Al and Blaze, or join in the fray--whichever seems the most fun at the time!! His bow is being slung en route, and only those who don't know how fast he can draw daggers are put at ease by the apparent lack of weapons in his hands.

He addresses the necromancer, talking right over he and Jinx.

Uh, sir, listen up. These two large cats here have a reeeeeeeal dislike of the undead. It's a principle thing--they're going to tear the head off your, um, lov- er, beau-, er BRIDE here in a moment. I suggest you leave, like NOW. Meaning 2 minutes ago. If you don't, it will be very messy.


Jinx places himself between Alcheringa and Ashya, less as a barrier considering his size, and more so cooler heads can prevail.

"No, bad, talk?"

Hoping that would halt the pounce he flips about and asks, "You good? You?"

They were recycling people when they didn't need their skin suits anymore. A druid could embrace that. Now if they were killing the live to get more outfits, he could see the argument, but a city this size would keep them in "fabric" for 7.2 lifetimes he imagined.

Opening himself fully to attack Jinx moves in and hugs Ashya's legs. If she is a horrible monster he can accept that she'll tear him asunder before he can even move.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Wait just a moment, Daggers. Are you sure it is wise to let this fella go so easily? What proof do we need to bring back to the Priest of Pharasma to show in good faith that we have dealt with the body snatcher? Maybe we should bring him back to the priest and let him deal with the necromancer."


Yes, I leave, just don't hand us over, they would kill us instantly - but I was just doing some research, I didn't want to hurt anyone! the necromancer says as he slowly gets up - without taking his eyes off the cats.

Ashya meanwhile looks at Jinx and smiles

Yes, never have I hurt a living being neither in life nor in death. We will just go away and hide somewhere else.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Kyren, if he doesn't leave, Al and Blaze get 2 new chew toys. I was giving him a chance; but if you want to delay, well . . . Vaughn looks pointendly at the cats ...you've seen them like this before. You think you can stop them?? *I* sure don't think *I* can.

Man, this wierdnes is making my skull hurt . . .


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Necromancer wrote:
"Yes, I leave, just don't hand us over, they would kill us instantly - but I was just doing some research, I didn't want to hurt anyone!"

"Yes, I've heard that before. I didn't think I was doing any harm if he was already dead. Yes, yes. I know what you are going to say." Kyren sighs impatiently. "You're breaking my heart, fella! I'm not one who likes to determine your fate. In fact I would prefer that you go wander off and live, but I am sick and tired of people being mean and unkind to others. Tell me, Mr. Necromancer, are you going to do anything differently with your life, or are you going to just run around and kill a few more already dead people for your own greedy interests? I just wish you could give me some reassurance so I don't go around thinking that I've let another evil doer go running off to cause more havoc in the world!"


I'm not evil, I was just experimenting! I didn't hurt anyone - at least no one who could still feel it!

realising that Vaughn has already told him to go, he slowly gets up again and grabs Ashya's hand - he gives Vaughn a last questioning look...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Look, I'm not the leader here. I'm just warning you that the two cats aren't going to care about your motives--they want you dead. Hell, for all I know they'll charge you while I'm talking. I'm willing to let you walk on your word not to return, because I'll have no probelms carving your tripes if you return. So you'd better not linger.


The half-orc does not need any further invitations and together with Ashya sprints to the door...Jinx still clinging to her leg...

Is Al nice?


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn is specifically NOT standing in Al's or Blaze's path!!


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

"HEYLOOKTHEYARERUNNINGANDANYTHINGRUNNINGISPREY!" think the cats...

Al charges down the necromancer and pounces at him, Blaze charges down the Frankenbride.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

They never disappoint!!

*sigh* I told you they might charge anyway . . .

maybe they have Da Mad Lewtz


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Stupid good alignment and desire for all people to get along and not get mauled by giant man eating tigers. Stupid not being a paladin who'd kill the zombie and bring the orc to justice anyway.

Berry, not caring about mad lewtz and his silly pants runs up with a rolled up newspaper and tries to bat Alcheringa away with a bedroll to the bum.

"Stop it! BAD KITTY! BAD! NO! WE DO NOT KILL PEOPLE WHO SURRENDER AND LEAVE PEACFULLY!! STOP IT OR I WILL GIVE YOU SUCH A SMACK!"

Well it was a fun character while she lasted...


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

LOL Try a 'handle animal' check? :p


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Newspaper to the bum? More like a *man*handle animal check!!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Oh, and one bit of advice, Mr. Necromancer. When you depart, I suggest that you not run. The cats seem to think of you as prey, or perhaps even a chew toy."

Not getting too excited, Kyren turns to Alcheringa and says, "Alchy, we will try and find you some other food. You do not want to eat this guy. He has been hanging out with the dead far too long, and it would not be good for your digestion."


Jinx throws himself bodily at Blaze, hugging with all his might, yelling, "Nonononono."

Grapple (incurring AoO): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Welp at least that's a positive modifier.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Handle Animal.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

And thats when the trouble started...

Blaze - Bite 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Blaze seems taken a bit by surprise at the Goblin Intervention and they end up a tangle of green limbs and black fur rolling on the floor.

Alcheringa lands on the Necromancer? with claws and teeth bared.

Bite - 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
Damage - 2d6 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5, 3) + (4) + 11 = 23

Claw - 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
Damage - 2d4 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 4) + (2) + 11 = 21

Claw - 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
Damage - 2d4 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 4) + (6) + 11 = 24

Rake - 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
Damage - 2d4 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 3) + (3) + 11 = 21

Rake - 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27
Damage - 2d4 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1, 3) + (4) + 11 = 19


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Sneaky 6000th post!


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Better not sleep. Alchy obviously has aggression issues and needs a visit with the big "V". Snip. Snip.

5,951 to 6,000 of 7,681 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.