Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,901 to 5,950 of 7,682 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>

Making a grand flourish with his hat, Jinx fully invites Kyren to do something, rather than trying to talktalk him to death. Rather then suffer another speech he continues into the north room.

An impish smirk accompanies the impromptu dance and singsong words,

"Bark splinters live underwear?
Hard talktalk with throat full of judge?
Hard walk with stick up there?
Bark never do, what do to make thee budge?"
"

He was a goblin of action who did not suffer so much talktalking about doing when one could save their words and do.

No tandem of words had been ever uttered that were more undeniably incorrect than "bullet" and "bad" placed together. The diagnosis was definitive, Kyren's brain was akin to rancid scrambled eggs, though undoubtedly less tasty.


The song pressed out of the goblin's mouth suddenly becomes more and more weird - not very surprising, but even Jinx is unable to get the words right anymore. But before he is able to waste more thoughts on that, he begins to feel how something odd happens to him - his whole body prickles and then starts to vanish - feet first!


Jinx always felt a kinship to Floyd's sneezes, and anything he would put a "bullet friend" through is something he would put himself through. Well, maybe not anything, if truth be told he would rather force a smelly gnome into danger before himself, but he appeared to be all out of intact gnomes at the moment.

As his feet vanished he wonders how the bullet felt about its feet disappearing.


The bullet it still happy that it fled the goblin's fingers...feet or not...

More and more disappears of Jinx' body, but the goblin isn't overly concerned since he can still feel his toes...even though they prickle...When Jinx' head begins to vanish, his sight shifts and blurrs for a moment - but then he suddenly sees his feet again - oh yeah and also the rest of his body.

At first it looks like nothing has changed - besides the fact that he was teleported into the southern room and that his body has been altered - he is now a lefty and some warts and dimples have swapped his left body sight for his right...odd...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn starts to shake his head as if clearing it from a solid blow. Am I dreaming? Did I take some bad drakeroot? did Berry poison me by accident?? What the *()&@#)(*% is going on here anyway???


The joys of Thassilonian ruins!


Noticing that Floyd has hoped to the other hand, he tilts his wrist this way and that until he has seen it from all angles. Jinx wanders out of the south room, stops dead in his tracks and glances back, then forward a few times as he works to orient himself to what just happened.

Shrugging he accepts the changes with good-natured pragmatism.

Reaching into his patchwork pocket he draws out a handful of cockroaches and tosses them into his mouth and starts happily chewing.

This place was wonderful!

Jinx starts an experiment of tossing copper coins at the mirrored walls, wondering if different walls would transport coins, and then hopefully beings, to different rooms. Perhaps one of those rooms would contain a rather surprised necromancer wearing only his nightie.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Maybe a good idea we don't mess with those either." Berry says as she notices the goblin messing with the incomprehensible. Which isn't really saying much on the goblin's part.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Alcheringa spends a bit of time admiring the transformation, looking at the room and looking at the Goblin. Being no closer to finding someone responsible for waslking (un)dead, he starts getting a little agitated again.


Time for some ooc discussion: Yesterday one player told me that he is thinking about leaving this campaign because certain things aren't the way anymore they used to be. I already noticed that before because his postings became spottier and shorter. Somehow I think it's connected to this dungeon - we lost Theras and Salfon here and introduced new party members without being able to connect them to the party properly. I need some input here whether you want to finish the dungeon or we cut it short, I just write a summary and we can proceed with sorting out party dynamics first.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

I think we had a bit of disjunction in the dungeon, people coming in and out all of a sudden, and our momentum slowed down... which was a bit ofbad timing as THIS portion was a side trek from the real mission which was to go after the Andoran Bill. The problem was that we slowed down so much I think we were forgetting the purpose of being underground :P I suspect that maybe Jinx and myself are a bit on the same page of pushing forward the momentum again, to get us up to the crunchy bits and resolve this place so we can go find the Bill ASAP!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I'm with Al: among other factors, I think the slow momentum has a lot to do with it. I feel like I don't kown what the eff is going on so I'm having difficulty contributing!! It's definitely the most bizarre dungeon I've ever seen in PBP. That and we haven't found anything we're looking for yet after this much time--it's like a cold trail. Do we need to discuss in-character what we know, where we shoudl go . . .?
.
Once we solve it, then we can get back to The World and get oru group cohesion back, no?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

I admit that I am feeling lost in this adventure. The Andoran Bill of Freedom seems so far away from us at this point and in fact I feel like there is a mountain of obstacles to overcome before we can even find out where to go to get it. We entered this cliff on May 3rd and with multiple posting nearly every day for months, it does feel even further away than ever. I am still having a great time, but it takes a lot of patience to simply adventure along with so little progress being made. Is there another way to find the Bazaar of Secrets? Maybe Jinx has heard of it and we can simply follow him there. It would certainly give us a reason to keep such an annoying imp around ; ).


<starts off by kicking Kyren in his little girly legs for calling himself 'noying, whatever that might be>

I am indeed trying to push things forward in a manner that looks suicidal, only because it totally is :)

If I might chime in, though it is a tad presumptuous of me to do so, considering how new I am. Hubris is my middle name I guess.

Cohesion is oft mentioned in my short time here, and while Jinx is a hoot to play I imagine that he is a divisive factor, and I think a part of the problem since the others are trying to find some sort of justification for not just offing the little stinky/weird bugger. It might be my play style (roleplay hard or die), or simply choice of a racial class that gets less respect than Rodney Dangerfield, or some other factor I am not perceiving.

I look at how easily Theras moved into the group with snuggles and a complimentary kitten, so I think if I was to have Jinx wander away and come back with anything else, that isn't listed in the vermin section, that I might be helping to restore cohesion, rather than ripping it apart.

If Jinx is not the specific problem, and I could keep running him, then I would love a way to solidly tie in why I would join them, and they would join me, that would be useful in carrying us through the hard times where they're ready to eviscerate me and leave me on a spike, or I'm tired of being treated like I'm a complete moron because my speech patterns are different and am considering using Floyd for diplomacy.

Spoiler:
  • New character? If so, what? What sort of thing would connect me to you guys? I'm willing to be a long lost cousin if need be.
  • If I'm sticking with Jinx, what can I do, beyond suddenly run him not like a disgusting goblin with limited social skills, to have him be embraced by the group no matter what?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Sorry for the 'annoying imp' comment, but that's just the way the Tosscobble sees it. He has had trouble with the entire Kaer Maga scene ever since he arrived, and an armed and loaded goblin doesn't help his mood. If it wasn't for his favorite restaurant, The Gryphon Plume, I dare not think where the sorcerer would be!


LOL no worries, he is annoying, as all goblins should be :)


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

I shall admit that I've got an issue with Jinx--allow me to elaborate.
Yes, you play him as an annoying imp; this I actually don't have a problem with, honestly. I think it's fun, funny, and refreshing. What I *do* have an issue with is this: why would Vaughn adventure with him?? If he's being suicidal, and thus a danger to himslef and others, what possible reason would Vaughn (and put yourself in an adventurer's shoes--your life IS in your party members' hands) run with him? I'm having a hard time coming up with reasons not to just kick Jinx into a room we know is trapped, just to keep the party alive, savvy??
.
I will not begrudge anyone playing a character the way they want to; I salute you for embracing the crazy. But just remember, if you play a batsh1t crazy suicidal imp, you cannot be surprised when your character is thus treated like a batsh1t crazy suicidal imp. Vaughn grew up a street thug, where cooperation was how a gang thrived. The current group has, to a man, saved each other's lives more than once. There's a very real trust issue in who you adventure with (at least for me, and for my characters in most cases).
.
An open question for everyone to ponder: would YOU, as a person, run with the character you're playing with?? Would you put your life in their hands?
.
So, I can suspend disbelief quite a bit--having a goodly cleric who was down here anyway join us seemed on the edge of reasonable, if not downright "D&D". But . . . why would a party keep Jinx under these circumstances??? seriously, help me out.


Vaughn Elliot wrote:
I'm having a hard time coming up with reasons not to just kick Jinx into a room we know is trapped, just to keep the party alive, savvy??

Tis all good, I'll just exit Jinx stage right. It feels like this round peg is only finding square holes.

What race/class build would work for this group?

How would I best set myself up with my ability to have the maximum amount of versatility and autonomy with running my character's decisions?


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

I will admit this dungeon most definitely has me turned around adn upside down. PArt of it is I haven't been following too well with one thing and another and tend to follow along making rolls for the odd door or two to ensure no one gets mashed up by the odd trap. Welllll it makes it even harder when I come back to about 5 or 6 posts of people going random directions and doors being opened and magical devices being played with...yeah it's beena lot to absorb and I'm more or less gettign completely lost.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

And honestly Jinx would have been fine if he was introduced well anywhere but here.


Guys, I have no problems with cutting this short and let the orcish necromancer just tumble out of one of the closed doors to start the boss-fight. Maybe afterwards we can sort out how we go on party-wise, what do you think, does that sound sensible?


Zyren DM wrote:
Guys, I have no problems with cutting this short and let the orcish necromancer just tumble out of one of the closed doors to start the boss-fight. Maybe afterwards we can sort out how we go on party-wise, what do you think, does that sound sensible?

I am game for whatever :)

__

Spitballing possible reasons why the party would travel with Jinx (just a couple off the top of my head musing for a short while)...

Spoiler:
- When the chips were down he has stepped to their defence twice now, potentially helping to turn the tide of the battle (who knows, it's also possible he did nothing that mattered) at an opportune moment when Vaughn was unconscious.
- Comic relief. He's definitely got his moments.
- He's a brave little scout, who fearlessly moved about the complex making less noise than a butterfly rave.
- Your party has a half an orc and half a "ling" (sounds like a dance that leads to whiplash), perhaps you have some sympathy for others that might not be treated well by the common masses.
- Darkvision.
- Sheer awesomeness. I mean he's like a pirate or something.
- He's chaotic, Kyren's chaotic...hello bedlam.
- While you might feel the risks he has taken are suicidal, if you look closer you'll see that they're measured: he went off on his own, but did so stealthily and came back when things were beyond his skill set....he fired into the room with the door nearly closed after making sure no one else was in the line of fire...the tengu's death was sufficient for him to avoid the trapped room twice...
- Need a psychotropic toad to lick? He has one.
- Perhaps you aren't prejudiced against goblins.
- Feeling protective of something that's small and hated by society, rather than making fun of him and just bullying him for his limitations knowing he's seemingly incapable of fighting back (14 INT, 16 WIS...he's more than capable of fighting back, he just doesn't).
- The little weirdo is incredibly adept with a pistol, giving you more ranged support.
- Learning patience, you'll definitely need it.
- Accepting that moving through the dungeon with one strategy has its own limitations (AoE spells?), and that adding a little chaos can also have its advantages.
- Sense of style, he has it.
- +24 to stealth.
- Active he is...and then some. If you're looking to move things forward he's your goblin.
- If you're hungry for pickled gnome parts he's definitely your Huckleberry.

The real question is why would you like Theras? The guy's half angel, and if you watch Supernatural you know you can't trust those guys. Winged freaks.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Re: Jinx . . . I don't necessarily see a reason for Jinx to go. I certainly want to be the last one to force someone's character decisions. But by the same token, I'm trying to role-play accurately too. When (yes, I'm confident, I said WHEN!!) Vaughn sees definite reason that
1) Jinx actively wants to join in--right now, he's wandering around; it's totally unclear that he wants to actually join the group, considering actions and exchanges
2) there can be *some* form of communication of reason and mutual benefit
then I'm all for (figuratively) embracing the little tasmanian devil. Yes, Vaughn recognizes Jinx jumped in to help in that battle--said so in the thread. That's the main reason he's been holding back judgement, because the subsequent actions have been not particularly hepful, and potentially very dangerous.
.
Re: adventure: I think the players (well, me and Berry for sure) are just kind of confused as to what we're looking for, and that there appear to be zero clues yet. Feels like we're walking around hoping to stumble into something.


Maybe the problem with the adventure is that there are two things that don't connect as smoothly as they should: There is this half-orc necromancer who has begun to steal bodies and there are the ancient Thassilonian traps and guardians...obviously modern an ancient don't make a good symbiosis in this dungeon...seems like this is one of Paizo's weaker modules.


Jinx tires of his sport of rolling, flinging and flicking silver coins into the reflective walls of the southern chamber and instead marches directly up to Vaughn, "Stay me, yes?"

He offers his hand palm up, like he is waiting for a handout, but his face is screwed up like he is trying to remember what the social niceties are of the gesture he is trying to ape. Then it clicks: a shake.

The little goblin starts to violently throw himself about in something akin to an epileptic fit, always with the hand out, wondering what in the gods' sense this action meant to the "civilized" races.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

It's poor Al, he thinks the humans are even more strange in their behaviour than the Goblin - the Andoran Bill of Freedom? Free people don't need pieces of paper to tell them they are free, they just are! Now he's stuck in a dungeon trying to find toilet paper, with a gigantic bird that He and Blaze are (apparently) not allowed to eat, looking for a Necromancer who wont be found... on the other hand, he has no problem with the overly 'instinctual' nature of the Goblin - it is being as Goblins are... so long as it only kills itself he has no problem. That said, it beat sitting about, and Al likes to wander around, hence he's here... who knows what goes on in that strange Druids head - other than wanting to make a chill out space with hemp cakes and catnip tea to give away to fellow hipsters lounging around on upcycled furniture in Kaer-Maga.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

I am in support of whatever you decide, Zyren. I do like Jinx, but I wonder why we all choose to stay together.

Kyren watches Jinx while standing at Dagger's side and comments, "I do not know what causes such creatures to shake like that. I wonder if it was something he ate? Well I guess gnome toes are definitely off of my diet for good!"


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Thats the problem with trappy dungeons I suppose - in PbP anyway. Stuff that can be resolved quickly at the table can slow things in pbp play - notionally we can only move at the Trap-Spotters pace or slower if we rely on one player to play trap-spotter. Assuming that Trappy finds a trap, we have to wait for that to be resolved, or if no trap is found, we have to wait again for a subsequent set of checks before we can engage with the new area. Hence it can take 3-4 days just to move 40 feet and look at a room. I suspect that for pbp the notion of trap handling needs to be treated 'off camera' or in the abstract.

Perhaps it should be an assumed 'dungeon default' that:
Berry always checks for Traps ahead of the Party.
If Berry can't, Alcheringa always Detects Magic ahead of the party (The HoL Catterpillar!)
The above takes place prior to opening any portal.
The above takes place prior to any room entry.
In that way the GM can simply announce we arrive somewhere, and we can go with the presumption that the place has been checked already and can move forwards immediately


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Aaaannndd to make things quicker. Berry while under the effects of her favorite elixir has a +25 while looking for traps and a +18 to disable them. So you can roll them as we go and describe what happens.


Male Orc Expert 5
Berry Peelyblossom wrote:
Aaaannndd to make things quicker. Berry while under the effects of her favorite elixir has a +25 while looking for traps and a +18 to disable them. So you can roll them as we go and describe what happens.

+20 disable device actually sorry. Forgot the masterwork thieves tools.


While the party is still spellbound by Jinx' antics, suddenly the makeshift-naga-goblin snake turns up again. Seems like that thing possess something like a bad conscience:

Good we meet again! I have an offer to make - ahem - you don't tell anyone that I'm not a real naga and I might remember where this necromancer you are searching for is located?!


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Alcheringa looks at it squarely and utters a slight grumble, clearly interested.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I knew it! I knew it! Crazzleboks I knew you had more to tell us. Go ahead, goblin, tell us what you know! Tell us about this evil necromancer and what he's up to. Was he taking corpses and using them to create undead or something?"


Crossing his arms across his thin chest, Jinx taps his foot and screws up his face into a physical manifestation of disappointment, "Frances!'"

It was upsetting when your pet failed to perform when you commanded it.

He starts to speak and just shakes his head once again.

Perhaps Frances needed to be put down.


Yrix looks a bit irritated at Jinx Frances?

Yes, he's selling the bodies, either already animated or as raw material, heh. I can show you his lair, but you have to fight him alone, great Yrix won't be able to help...even though he could crush the worm by a...oh sorry...grandeur of old...heh.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Vaughn gives the earstwhile Naga Lord a stern look. OK then. You lead teh way to this lair, we'll take this guy's head and stop him from taking OTHERS' heads.

He then turns to Jinx. Sounds like you want to join us, eh little guy? Well, you saved my life, and that. . . thing there, your Boomstick, *is* pretty cool. If you can point it at the bad guys and not at us, then I'm willing to give you a try. And, that was one impressive shake!! Yer a funny guy. Vaughn pats the goblin on the back

What do you all think, we letting Jinx here tag along? I say "yes."

Back to the goblin, with a serious demeanor:

Alcheringa, Blaze, and I like to get up-close and personal. Kyren and Berry hang back and blast with spells and yucky-smelling burny goop. Can you work with that?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"I admit, that boomstick is rather impressive. It could prove really useful. I'm willing to let the green imp hang out for a bit as long as he stays away from my toes and he doesn't offer me any of the food that he scrounges up!" Turning to the goblin, Kyren adds, "But don't go running off getting yourself in trouble! We are on an important mission here and cannot afford mistakes!" Thinking that he better translate for the goblin just in case, he then says to him, "Jinx Stay near! Jinx follow orders!"


Good good!

you imagine Yrix would rub his hands in glee would he have some

Follow me...come come...

You follow Yrix to the eastern part of the tomb and through a secret door into a dusty corridor

This corridor leads behind the necromancer's depot!


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry follows but gives a stern warning. "If this is a trick I'll make sure all of Kaer Maga knows about you and every outlying goblin village for a hundred miles!"


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Berry follows but gives a stern warning. "If this is a trick I'll make sure all of Kaer Maga knows about you and every outlying goblin village for a hundred miles!"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Maybe this is not the best time to bring this up, but I am never sure that I like the idea of following goblins all over the place! Look at the pickle we have gotten ourselves into. Let me explain."

"Once we find this evil unknown necromancer, how do we know this is the villain we are looking for? Granted, I have not met many nice denizens down in this neighborhood before, but even so, how do we know that this is the necromancer we are looking for? I guess I'm just not sure we should burst in and fire off our spells and flash our daggers and blades about stabbing everybody who moves without being certain we've got the right guy. However, on the other side of the pickle, going in and asking if he is the evil necromancer who keeps taking bodies out of Pharasma's cemetery, that everybody is dying to get into, does not seem like a prudent idea either. Please help me if I am wrong here, but do you all think it is ok to trust this little green goblin who dresses up in snake skins pretending to be a full size naga worm to impress his friends and foes and who suddenly changes his mind to confess how he really feels is a wise idea?! I have no doubt that he has brought us to the place he really wants us to see, but do you think this is the place we really want to be?"

"Is this really the evil Necromancer's depot?" Kyren asks their goblin guide as he tries to determine if the goblin is sincere about this den and who lives there.

Sense Motive 1d20 ⇒ 3

"Well, I guess he seems as trustworthy as all the rest. Let's keep going."


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Alcheringa is active and alert, ready to hunt his most hated foe, necromancers!


Jinx remains active and alert, ready to devour his most hated prey, pickled gnome toes.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Well, Kyren, I tend to think that there's not much "multiple niche potential" for necromancers. I mean, how many guys selling bodies and body parts can one tomb support?? And . . . Vaughn suddenly rounds on Yrix, with murder in his eyes . . . THIS little guy knows that if he leads us astray, his reputation is the LAST thing he'll have to worry about. Right, Oh Mighty Yrix??

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Vaughn wrote:
"Well, Kyren, I tend to think that there's not much "multiple niche potential" for necromancers."

"This is a good point, Daggers. Remind me not to go into the Necromancy business when I get out of here. The competition is just too great and they just don't make tombs the way they use to!"


Yrix nods eagerly and nearly slithers against a solid wall at the end of the tunnel

Ah...here secret passage - I open!

Yrix begins to sway to the right and left and starts a weird singsong

OOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOpen!

but sadly nothing happens...


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"All you have to do is ask."

Berry searches the wall for a secret door.

1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28 PErception

If she finds one she'll try to open it downing an Alchemical Allocation and a Goodhope potion just before opening it.

1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 Disable Device


Eagly-eyed Barry has no problems finding a hidden switch - you wonder how Yrix could have hoped his cacophonic voice could have ever opened the door...

Behind is a vast unlit chamber, hundreds of bodies are lined up at the walls and on platforms in the centre of the room.

There are also large basins filled with a strange greenish fluid - bodies are drifting in it and it seems like the fluid eats the dead flesh off the bones.

Some already clean skeletons stand at the far wall of the room, hold together by some unseen magic.


M Grumpy Cat - Dire Tiger Druid 6 HP:56/56, - AC: 21/T:13/FF:17 - Percep: +14(Low Light/Scent) F:+5/R:+5/W:+8 - CMB: 12 - CMD: 25/29, Speed: 40ft, Init: +5 Size Large

Got a map?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Crazzleboks, This situation calls for a priest of purity! Where is Salfy or Theras when you need them? All we need is these hundred or more skeletons to wake up and begin attacking us to complete the madness! Well if the clerics will not do, I would be content with an army of dogs that are willing and eager to go and fetch us and bury some bones!"

5,901 to 5,950 of 7,682 << first < prev | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.