Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,701 to 5,750 of 7,682 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>

Jinx kicks Theras in the shin and restates his earlier query.

Seeing Alcheringa in motion is sufficiently impressive to steal all other thoughts. His expansive jaw drops agape and he lets out a prolonged, "Ooooh, dis be good!" Clapping his hands together a few times he hops up and down, his tiny frame unable to constrain his excitement.

Mainly to himself he says, "Wonder if door not lock." Laughingly he adds, "Not matter. 'Bout to open!"


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Theras inches up in front of Berry, his glowing blade and shield held ready. The only thing visible through his helmet visor was his vivid green eyes and they burned with holy wrath. "Ioamadae does not suffer abominations!"

Charge Vargioulle!

Attack with Longsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Bam! Roll to confirm
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Damge: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
If crit is confirmed: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Yay for cleric of Iomadae! Paladin wannabee ftw!


From the diary of XYCTRALX, Vargouille swarm leader:
I was about to batter down the thrice-damned door as suddenly one of the lesser races appeared next to me...some weird sort of retarded pirate...I told him not to stand in the way of my glorious onstorm...naturally, he obeyed and I felt the first cracks spreading across the door as suddenly something slammed into me. At first I thought it must have been some greater demon but then I realized it was only a cat. I was just about to direct my righteous warth at it as suddenly a pesky man, all clad in mail, stood before me, raising his sword and babbling something about "abominations" - I would have laughed out loud if he hadn't put his sword through my mouth...alas, a day to forget...but actually, it's not so bad to be back here in the abyss...

The Vargouille explodes like an overripe melon and Theras is covered in all sorts of red goo...truely a sight to remember, wouldn't that be a normal thing for this party...

Tomb

The room behind the formerly barred door is some sort of diaconicon. Religious carvings depicting the judgment of souls cover the walls of this room. A stone pedestal with a bowl-shaped depression on top stands in the northwest corner. Wooden cabinets and drawers line the walls and from one you can hear silent sobbing.

Another door is in the opposite wall in the east.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa looks at the party, as though suggesting a gentler approach for the next door.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Wham, Bam, Kazam! That was impressive! I didn't want to talk to to that over ripe angry bat anyway. I'm also tired on knocking on doors, so this deserves a Kazam, Kazam, double Kazam! That was a nice swing, Theras, but you are just like Daggers when your enthusiasm gets the best and we all pay the price in goo! At least Alchy didn't eat any this time!"


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry looks at the cleric inquisitively. "You haven't been in Kaer Maga long have you?"


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Theras catches the big cat's look and flicks his sword to get the blood and gore off. "There are some laws that transcend all others. That creature's very existance is brought about by murder of another. Justice is served. And the lawless city above us has nothing to do with that creature. A soul was destroyed to give birth to that monster." he finishes, looking at Berry.

He turns and looks at the room the monster had been trying to get in. His eyes narrow as he scans what appears to be a religous depiction of some sort.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry frowns and mutters looking away. "For all we know it ran its own shop and donated to a local troll orphanage. Not like we can help how we're born mr. loud angry and clad in clankity armor."


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

The knight looks back at Berry and when he speaks his voice has taken on the tone of a patient teacher. "The very act of it's birth required the murder and corruption of another person's soul. For all we know that person ran it's own shop and donated to a local troll orphanage. I am sorry if you find that creature's death offensive to your sensibilities but when evil rears it's ugly head, I am the shield and the sword that protects the innocent. Even if they don't appreciate it."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Well, I think *that* servers well enough for a hazing initiation as anything, don' you all?? A nice bath in gross creature goo?? Seems only right, why should he be the only clean one?!?!

*listening* What's that noise? Someone in here is crying??


Theras:

These religious depictions remind you of similar ones you have once seen in a book, titled "the origins of religion". It was about Thassillonian cults and how the people worshipped the Runelords.


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

"If you would like we can continue this discussion another time. I just remembered that I've seen pictures like these in a book I studied long ago when I was preparing for my initiation into the church. It mentioned how organized religion first began with the worship of those called Runelords by the people of Thassillonian Empire. That name seems familiar..." Theras trails off, his mind going back to the lectures of the dour and stern Father Tulley who had first instructed him.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Suddenly the situation at hand snaps the knight back into the present and he steps into the room. "Who's there? If you are a freind step forth and show yourself!"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Daggers wrote:
"What's that noise? Someone in here is crying??"

"What are you talking about? I don't hear any crying!"

What exactly is silent sobbing?

Kyren listens carefully.

"Oh yah! Now I hear it!"

Kyren moves over to the wall to look for any secret passages or entrances to get to the sound of crying.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Where exactly is the crying coming from? Is it from behind a wall or a door? I am not exactly clear.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"It's over here." Berry walks over to the cabinet where the sobbing is coming from. "Let me make sure it's not filled with death or something mr. loud and clankity will be offended just by its existence."

1d20 + 23 ⇒ (17) + 23 = 40 Perception check to search for traps.

If no traps then Berry opens it.


Theras:

You remember the majestic statues in the central domed chamber of this tomb. Most of them resembled the Runelords, only one didn't fit...you wished you had paid more attention to the dour lectures...what you still remember is that Thassillon was the first human realm of extraordinary power, ruled by Emperoro Xin and his vassals, the seven Runelords. This all happened thousands of years ago and you can hardly remember what ruined this empire - you guess it was some kind of civil war.

Inside the trapless cabinet sits a dark creeper - filthy, reeking black rags wrap its small humanoid from head to toe, leaving only its hands and pale white nose visible.

It seems utterly fearful and squirms under your gaze.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Aw, it's scared. Hello there little guy? Do you speak common?"


While not the brunt of the Vargouille's rupture, the shin-kicking goblin had been close enough to Theras to catch some of the undead viscera misting from the powerful strike. Blinking each eye independent of the other, the little pirate glances back and catches a glimpse of a goblin-sized blood silhouette on the wall behind him.

It is pride the buoys his steps as his sticky mark is left behind to immortalize him into the pages of history. Well, considering how much of a hero he was to his people, he might be needing full chapters. It was tiring being magnificent all the time.

A joyous Jinx licks his cheek clean and follows the fun "talls" into the next area.

As the dark creeper is revealed the goblin glances at Theras, then the creature and back, wondering if this is another "bom nation" that "I maddy" won't suffer. Rushing forward he works to put himself in the splash zone for another eruption of hot ichor.

This time he will remember to keep his mouth open.


While not the brunt of the Vargouille's rupture, the shin-kicking goblin had been close enough to Theras to catch some of the undead viscera misting from the powerful strike. Blinking each eye independent of the other, the little pirate glances back and catches a glimpse of a goblin-sized blood silhouette on the wall behind him.

It is pride that buoys his tiny steps as his sticky mark is left behind to immortalize him into the pages of history. Well, considering how much of a hero he was to his people, he might be needing full chapters devoted to him. It was tiring being so magnificent all the time.

A joyous Jinx licks his cheek clean and follows the fun "talls" into the next area.

As the dark creeper is revealed the goblin glances at Theras, then the filthy cowering thing and back, wondering if this is another "bom nation" that "I maddy" won't suffer. Rushing forward he works to put himself in the splash zone for another eruption of hot ichor.

This time he will remember to keep his mouth open.


The creeper...creeps...closer and stops to shiver so miserably

Me Falk! You seeze flap-head?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Feeling that the party was in dire need of his abilities to ensure that this social interaction was handled with the social nuances that only a goblin could provide, Jinx draws the sweet smells of the taller creature's stink into his nostrils and offers a hideous smile.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Pointing to the dark creeper he speaks slowly, like the creature is a hard of hearing moron, "Fawk, you!"

Throwing a thumb at himself he stands proudly, certain that his reputation has proceeded him, "Me Jinx!"

Rubbing his head he asks, "Flaphead birdbrain?" He cones his hand in front of his expansive food hole like he had a beak and puts on an air of being far more important than he really is.

Glancing back he stifles a giggle and waits for Theras to 'splode this thing already.

It was hard not to look like a moron standing so close to the creature with his mouth wide open, but that did little to alter his behaviour. Anything that smelled that good must taste amazing!


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

"Um" Berry looks a bit sheepish. "Yes. But it's gone now."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Easy does it! Let's give the little crature a little space." Kyren says as the company gathers close.

"Hello, uhm . . . Fawk! That's an interesting little name you have there. What are you doing here? Are you hiding?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Al continues to look about for signs of danger, as this thing doesn't seem to present any.


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Seeing that situation with the small creatures was in hand Theras walks over to more closely view the walls. Anyone who walks near hears him muttering about about Runelords and statues not being right.


Falk hops out of the cabinet and sniffs - after he seems to be sure that the vargouille is really dead he sighs audibly

Me come here for treasurs wizze friends - we found man making love to dead girl, then we ran and man send usze flapthing.

Falk explains while gesturing wildly like he was explaining something to a child.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Dear Desna, where do these excitable little creatures all come from and what are they all doing down here?" Kyren says to himself as he listens and tries to understand what is being said.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Turning to the dark creeper, Kyren asks, "Where was this dead girl? Can you take us to this dead girl? Oh, and what is a flapthing? Slow down and try to explain it to us!"


Falk looks a bit confused, then he points at the remains of the vargouille Thatis flapthing!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Oh!!! I get it! The flapthing!" Kyren exclaims now understanding. "I see! Now can you take us to the dead girl. Where was the dead girl?"


Falk seems to concentrate for a moment

I forgotze way! I was fleeing wizze ozzers andze flapthing followed us...sorry but I can't rememberze way.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Oh great!" Kyren sighs slightly exasperated. "Well, we won't bother you if you want to run along and try to find your own way out of here. Just stay out of trouble!"

Kyren then walks around the room and looks for anything else of interest. He will even take a moment to cast detect magic and look for magical auras around the room and at the paintings on the wall.

Was there anything else in the room besides the dark creeper that would have motivated the Vargouille to slam the door repeatedly as it did?

"Crazzleboks, these paintings sure are intense!"

Kyren proceeds over to the eastern door and listens at it.

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


No, at least not as long as you haven't opened all cabinets.

Falk nods

I will leavezruze entrance we dug!

@ Kyren: You don't hear anything from behind the door.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren will proceed with opening all of the cabinets to see what lies within them.

Falk wrote:
"I will leavezruze entrance we dug!"

"Wait, wait, wait, my friend. You said you dug into here? Somehow I missed that. Do you happen to know where that entrance is? Hmm? I suppose you don't. Well, maybe you can hang out for a bit until we return you to the surface. Just hang out over there with Jinx and make sure you don't fight with each other."

Turning back to the door, Kyren says, "We should go this way. Daggers, could you do the honors of opening it?"

Kyren takes position behind the rest of the party as they proceed east through the door.


Surface? you guess that his eyes widen under the many veils he wears Me not go toze surface - sun burns!

Inside the cabinets are several ancient robes and garments, they look as if they would turn to dust upon contact - only one bright red cloak looks as good as new.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Falk wrote:
"Me not go toze surface - sun burns!"

'Oh yes, I suppose you wouldn't want to go to the surface. Well, once this place is safe, we will let you go and try and find the hole that you live in. By the way, how many creepers were in your group, Falk? You certainly didn't come here all on your own did you?"


We were twelve - all dead, killed by flapthing and angry man who made love to dead woman!


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Hey, Falk, can you remember anything about this man? What he looked like, wore, stuff like that?

I'll *yoink* that red cloak--my best guess is it's magical if it's in such good shape!!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Good thinking, Daggers!"

Kyren waves his hand in a flourish of somatic gestures and casts Detect Magic with the words, "Zim zop zoo, where in the spectrum are you?" He then concentrates upon the cloak to see if it reveals anything magical properties.


Jinx slowly shuts his seriously supple sandwich sucker when it becomes painfully apparent that Theras was not going to rush forth and mete out justice to this tasty morsel.

Processing that "talk talk brain bad" had offered him up to remain behind, along with the near constant stream of unwelcoming comments directed his way, the little goblin lowers his magnificent head and wanders off alone down the hallway west making less noise than a flatulent moth.

Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44

Well, almost alone, for he walks with the doll mounted to Floyd.

The flapper had come from that direction, of that he is sure. It was time to go meet a necrophiliac.


Kyren:

The cloak indeed is magic and emanates a medium aura.

Jinx:

Without being noticed you reach the double doors at the western end of the corridor.

After a quick discussion with theras about the religious carving lining the walls, Salfon decides to walk back to the entrance of the tomb to contact the priestess of Pharasma - there are some scholarly questions to clarify...

Tomb


A preternatural predator pads forth with perfect precision in search of necromancy and the bird brained Silklur.

Impossibly keen eyes sweep both north and south, seeking out information in the realm of the black and white, tracking along just a fleeting second before the loaded pistol is brought to bear on potential targets.

Jinx's pinhole nostrils devour the smells around him, wondering if he might draw in some information about his avian walking snack, or the direction that the fetid undead head-thingy had winged along.

His mouldy donkey ears stab forth into the unseen hoping to reveal information that his other senses might not be as adept to retrieve.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Al simply starts pawing the far door open... if it doesn't give to pawing, he starts clawing.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Keen eyes, Daggers! You were right it radiates a nice aura of magic! Let's see what pretty thing this is!"

Kyren will try to determine the magical properties the cloak posesses.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Kyren:

It'S a cloak of resistance +2, designed in the ancient fashion of Thassillon.

The door to the next room isn't locked and a soft push by Al's massive paw is enough to open it. The theme of judgment in the afterlife is continued in the carvings of this room. a wide table stands along the northern wall, draped with a heavy black cloth. A single candle burns in a tall, iron candlestick in the southwest corner, but the ret of the room is cloaked in shadows.

In the shadows you see a curled creature - snakelike but with a humanish face - a naga?!

Upon your entrance it addresses you

Welcome to the prothesis, mortals! This is now the realm of the great Yrix, lord of the Wormfolk

Know Nature DC 21:

That is not a naga, just a goblin snake...*yawn*

-----------

@ Jinx: There is this smell of roasted chicken wafting over to you from behind the double doors right in front of you...it reminds you of Silklur...


Sick-hued hands do a silent clapping motion that someone in this place finally has their priorities straight: eating > everything else. Perhaps the tengu was kindly enough to be lounging in the other room and basting itself with boiling garlic butter.

Puddles of mastication lubricant form around the little pirate's feet.

Snapping himself out of his culinary reverie, though still doing a little shuffling dinner dance as he moves, Jinx skulks to the double doors and works the opening mechanism so he can be reunited with the bird brain.

Though they fought like a married octogenarian duo Silklur had seen his worth.


Jinx:

Double doors open onto a long oval-shaped room. Floating balls of fire illuminate walls covered with a bewildering array of runes sigils, and glyphs. Beneath these carvings, stacks of engraved stone tablets rest in recessed niches in the walls.

A pile of charred bones, the remains of some kind of cloak, burned feathers and ash rests underneath a brightly glowing glyph in the western wall.

Tomb


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"This cloak is a cloak of resistance (+2) . Look at its craftsmanship?! It looks like it was designed just the way they made them back in the good ole days of old Thassillon. I'm sure one of us could put it to use."

Once the great Cat pushes the door open, Kyren follows the others into the next room. At the sight of the Naga, Kyren becomes on high alert, especially as he thinks about Lord Sassaner and their last encounter with a Naga lord.

Naga wrote:
'Welcome to the prothesis, mortals! This is now the realm of the great Yrix, lord of the Wormfolk"

"Greetings Oh great Lord! My you are a big, handsome worm! We bid you well! I am Kyren Tosscobble, and we are the Wee Bluets." Kyren bows with all the grace he can muster, despite his loathing of snakes.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

"We are visiting this area, trying to resolve a situation with a priest of Pharasma and his natural concern he has for some missing corpses. We have come to you, someone of obviously great power and strength, to humbly ask if you would kindly share with us what you know of this situation so that we may resolve this situations in a most efficient manner as possible."


A flash of happy gnashy teeth reflect the glee that can be seen in his eyes, for it is two beady eyes that are put to the task of worshipping the fire, his eyepatch having been shifted to find purchase just above his nose.

A battle of epic proportions is waged between the goblin's insatiable stomach and simple common sense. While the tengu had been fricasseed in a gravy of magic, and was cooked to his liking (read: chewable), he was not quick to join Silklur in the land of the thereafter.

As close as a goblin can get to the final rites is provided as Jinx whispers, "Sorry died food."

Realizing that magical traps are not within his bailiwick the gunslinger scampers back to the east a bit and then starts stealthily padding southward in search of the necromancer. Maybe he would look better shot full of holes, or would like a new friend.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

At the appearance of a naga, I become visibly more tense. I take stock of the situation, looknig around at the placement of everyone . . . hang on, that little goblin is mising. Crap.

*whisper* anyone see where that goblin Jinx went?? I don't see him, and I don't like surprises!


Yrix raises his head, he's surely the ugliest naga you have ever seen, even though you have only met three by now (him included).

Hah! You do good in accepting the fact that your kin is inferior to mine - and we shouldn't forget that I'm a lord of my people...Since I find your lot highly amusing, I won't skin you alive but answer your questions: Ahem...I have no knowledge of this situation you are speaking about - and now, thake this insightful piece of valuable information and leave me be, before my invisible guardians tear you to pieces.

--------

Jinx:

The corridor ends at another t-section. To your left is an octagonal chamber, to your right the corridor leads on further southwards.

At the far side of the octagonal chamber stands a man in armour - or just an armour on display - either way there is a strong smell of rot coming from that room.

Tomb

5,701 to 5,750 of 7,682 << first < prev | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.