Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,651 to 5,700 of 7,682 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"I am extremely confused."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The cats just loiter about, most of the wounds seemingly recover, but they are a bit listless as a residual from the Poison. They watch the strangers very carefully.


Jinx wanders about and stops at the alchemist, scrutinizing Berry as she scrutinizes the small gibbering green things which apparently exploded earlier. He screws up his face into an impression of deep thought, even going so far as scratching his chin and muttering to himself.

Hands on hips his eyes flit to Alcheringa, "Nice pussy!"


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Sssssooo, ummm . . . what are we, um, doing now? It sure looks like the good Knight here is both willing and able to give us some help, and I'm inclined to take it.
Our other little friend, uh . . . Kyren, you said he saved my life too--what did he do, exactly?? Because I'm not sure I can see that little guy swinging a blade, casting a spell, or even pulling a bow!

I'm looking to Berry, Kyren, and Al to help fill in some of the blanks, and decide what we shoudl do with this . . . eccentric newcomer.


They joys of meeting new travelmates :)


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Daggers wrote:
"Our other little friend, uh . . . Kyren, you said he saved my life too--what did he do, exactly?? Because I'm not sure I can see that little guy swinging a blade, casting a spell, or even pulling a bow!"

"Well, I admit, Daggers, the goblin does not look all that impressive, but just wait until you see what he keeps hidden in his doll. He shot some sort of projectile using an alchemical powder of sorts that made lots of noise and demolished the arachnid! It wasn't magic, but it was impressive nonetheless. However, don't feel like you are in any sort of debt to the wee fella. I mean, we would have killed the spider eventually, but I must admit, he was a big help!"


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Theras lowers his shield to the ground and resting against his knee then begins to gather his hair up and tucking it under his helmet. Once that was secured only a small portion of his face was visible and when he picked up his shield and unsheathed his glowing blade he looked every bit a gallant knight. "So if you would have me, I find that traveling dangerous halls is always better with boon companions. I understand if you want to practice caution as we have just met but may I propose an alliance for the purpose of exploring these halls?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa gives litle by way of reply other than some long stares and the occasional lick of his massive feline lips. Blaze likewise is equally as unhelpful.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Theras wrote:
"So if you would have me, I find that traveling dangerous halls is always better with boon companions. I understand if you want to practice caution as we have just met but may I propose an alliance for the purpose of exploring these halls?"

"Naturally, we will graciously accept an alliance from such a gallant knight. I just ask that you turn a blind eye should we fall short of the mark in any attempt at noble etiquette. I believe we have gotten rather casual with the company we've been keeping. By the way, have you met our two cats, Blaze and Alchy! These two are the best feline companions you could ever ask for. Together, they have about eighteen lives between them. I don't recommend you pet them until you have proven yourself, and above all, keep your fingers away from their jaws. We do try to feed them, but it is always best not to tempt them."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"Why are we meeting so many people in a forgotten and abandoned tomb thousands of years old?!?! Even the ancient guardian of this place was surprised to see us!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa simply gives another lick of his enormous lips, revealing enormous teeth. A slight snort of amusement is raised at Berry's outburst.

The two cats stand lazily and stretch, then head down the hall from whence the spiders came, Blaze up front sniffing and smelling, whilst Alcheringa trails slightly occasionally hissing as he goes.

Advance forwards, Blaze wandering up front looking for enemy, Alcheringa behind checking for magic


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Well, it's a fresh change to meet allies instead of things that just want to eat your face and suck out your soul--although even if one of those allies wants to suck your TOES, but hey, nobody said life was perfect, eh?? Let's move on. Theras, Jinx, let's see how useful you can make yourselves!

The last is said with a wink and a double-meaning to those astute enough--Theras has already proven himself useful, and I have yet to see what use Jinx brings (although it was described . . .) Can't wait to see that thing you did there Jinx. What do you call it? magic? Alchemy? . . .

I'll take position behind Al.


Disappointment and relief - after you have opened the large door at the end of the corridor you realize that you have reached the room again from which you entered the whole tomb-complex.

But it seems like you are still far from solving the riddle of the disappearing bodies.

Tomb


Jinx is not astute enough to catch the subtle nuances of Vaughn's words, truth be told he seems more interested in chasing a tiny spider about.

"It call 'Floyd'. Swallows this." With that the goblin tosses Vaughn a small alchemical cartridge filled with bits of metal and an acrid black powder. Holding up a silver piece the gunslinger rolls it along the ground towards the wall and turns to offer a wicked grin.

A demonstration was in order.

In the space of a half a heart's throb the gun appears in his hand, as if by magic, though it is nothing more than the triggered release of his spring loaded wrist sheath. In his hand is 2 pounds of ornate mayhem.

Still fluttering on the ground the coin knows not what is about to transpire.

Utility Shot (Scoot Unattended Object): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

With dizzying speed and accuracy the pistol is brought to bear causing the coin to explode into motion, projected perhaps by the crack of the pistol, and flies forth, bouncing off the wall, intent on finding a home in the tiny goblin's awaiting hand.

Dexterity Test: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Thing do not go as he plans, but he wanders off to find the coin while retracting the mechanism that holds his gun up into his sleeve.

Flipping the undamaged silver coin to Vaughn he wanders off to find the same spider to torture.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Huh. That was kinda cool!!


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok boys, I think we need to go north and see what lies there. Everybody turn around and let's go the other way."


Jinx falls in line following the others, taking time out to occasionally lick a impossibly fat toad he carries under his hat, whistling to himself in a good-natured fit of glee as the psychoactive venom perfuses his system.

It was nice to have so many toes to travel with.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The great cats seem stirred to interest at this strange device, padding over and looking very inquisitively toward it. When the party starts moving though, they push ahead towards the front.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Anyone placing bets on whether the Cats or the Goblin eats the walking bird first?


Lets eat the new cler-ighter as an appetizer and then a tengu as an entree!


Back in the central domed chamber, the northern door stands now open - under the stern looks of the ancient statues you move to the centre of the bridge - with the southern corridor cleared, you now have the choice to either follow Silklur or try the eastern or western door.

Tomb


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa continues north, pausing to sniff and look.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Detect magic

Blaze has her nose in the air as she too sniffs in for anything not smelling right.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Scent


Moving to the side of the bridge affords a wonderful opportunity to peer down into the depths, followed by some serious gawking at the domed ceiling utilizing his innate black and white vision.

Slaves tended to only stare at their toes, and Jinx was no exception. It was nice to breathe free air once again.

"What search for?"

He hoped against hope it was treasure, Jinx loved the shiny.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

The clergy of this temple have told us that there's a problem with the bodies that have been laid to rest are moving. We're supposed to figure out how and why.


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Theras's voices echoes from inside his helmet. "If the guardians of the dead have reasons to be wary, we should take heed." he says. A moment later he leans forward and moves Jinx away from the railing of the bridge with a gentle hand on the goblin's shoulder. "Be careful. It's a long way down."


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"I guess we should follow the bird man and make sure he's okay. He might have been frightened off by all these weird people emerging from the darkness."

Berry heads north.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Jinx wrote:
"What search for?"

"Well, this is a little bit like the little old lady that swallowed the fly. You know, the one who swallowed a dog, oh what a hog, to catch the cat, imagine that, to catch the bird, how absurd, to catch the spider, who wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her to catch the fly. Perhaps she'll die! But we, on the other hand, are trying to find the missing bodies to tell the priest to guide us to the hidden bazaar to find the Andoran Bill of freedom to find it and return it to safety. The big difference between us and the old lady is that we don't plan on dying!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringas tail switches from side to side as he stands alert, still checking the coridoor...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Yeah--and I only wish the grossest thing I've swallowed today was a fly. HRRRPP . . .


Tomb

The corridor leads to a t-section. Doors lie on both ends of the corridor and another set is on your left. Silklur is nowhere to be seen so he must have either taken one of the ways at the left crossing or he has decided to follow the right corridor further south - the doors are all untouched. Alcheringa can't sense any signs of magic, but the smell of rot is growing stronger.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren leans over and takes a wiff of the goblin to check to see that the smell is not coming from the little creature.

"Do you smell that rot? I think we are getting close to some death and decay. I wonder if this might explain the missing bodies. Let's take a right, Alchy and see where that takes us."


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alchy wanders to the right as directed...


Following the corridor you reach a long chamber (15) decorated with large carvings of religious ceremonies and priests handing down judgements to the common people. Stone benches are lined up before a podium at the southern end of the room. A single door stands in the northeatern wall.
Right in front of the door hovers a distorted head with batwings - it smahes against the door again and again, utterly mindless and obviously feeling no pain. It emits a strong scent of rot and decay and you can literally feel the undeath oozing from it.


Bah, the boards ate my longer post

Following the corridor to the right you reach a long chamber with a door standing in its northeatern wall. The room is decorated with large carving showing priests giving out judgement to the common people and other scenes of religious significance.
While some of the scenes are disturbing to behold, the strangest thing in this room is a large distorted head with batwings that hovers in front of the door. Mindless and without feeling pain, it tries to batter the door down by flying against it. The strong smell of decay comes from this weird creature that oozes undeath like a beacon of rot.

Tomb


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Presta alakablown, Let the magic be known."

Kyren casts detect magic and tries to determine what this strange undead creature is.

Knowledge, Arcana 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Kyren:

A vargouille is larger than a human head, typically between 12 and 20 inches high with a 15- to 35-inch wing span. Vargouilles are not natives of the Material Plane but can often be found there nevertheless, occupying graveyards, ancient battlefields, or anywhere one can find remnants of death and decay. These hideous monsters come from the fiendish outer planes, where they flop and flap through strange and haunted skies in constant search of fresh souls to torment. In these nightmare realms, vargouilles play a role similar to that of a raven or vulture, although they augment these roles with a malevolent delight in causing pain and anguish that no scavenger bird could ever hope to match.

Vargouilles attack by swooping in on their opponents, shrieking them into paralysis, and then biting them with rows of razor-sharp teeth. When multiple vargouilles take up a common cause and fight as allies, they overwhelm their victim with bites and shrieks, tearing it to shreds.

A vargouille's low power and hideous method of reproduction make for a dangerous combination. Vargouilles are relatively easy to summon to the Material Plane, and once here, they can swiftly reproduce, creating more and more of their hideous kind from those who fall victim to their kiss. Vargouilles created on the Material Plane in this manner are still extraplanar creatures, and as such can be banished with the right magic.

The one right in front of you looks much more like a swarm leader than like a normal specimen of this sort of outsiders.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren whispers to his friends before venturing too close.

"Ok mae friends, stay still and don't attract its attention. What we are dealing with here is a Vargouille. They aren't even from the material plane. They like to hang out in graveyards or anywhere they can find death and decay. These beasties like to swoop their opponents, shriek them into paralysis, and then bite them with their row of razor sharp teeth. Be warned, they reproduce by creating more of their kind with a deadly kiss on their victims! Oh, and I forgot to mention, this beastie here looks more like a swarm leader than any sort of normal Vargouille. All I can say is brace yourselves for trouble!"


Meanwhile the things continues to bang its head -_- against the door...


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*quietly* So, that thing wants in to that room. This brings some questions to mind.
1) do we want to get in there?
2) if so, can we lure this beastie away?
3) could this beastie be the reason for the disappearing bodies? Maybe it et 'em.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

Whispering back Berry chirps. "It's in the way? Can we move it?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The cats seem momentarily transfixed by the small flapping thing in front of them... it takes about half a second to see what is about to happen as their ears perk up and their whiskers pop out and their body language becomes more energised... its about to become two kittens with a flying ball of string.


Jinx innocently sidles up next to the Vargouille and glances at it, then the door, then back to it. Finally he asks it, "What doing?"


The Vargouille turns its "head" only so slightly that it can glimpse at Jinx while it still continues to smash against the door

ARGHL RHRFTR YXSTRLA ARGFTRL!

it hisses...


Jinx wanders back to the group shaking his head as he reveals his dire diagnosis, "Brain bad."


Lol, I need some input - leave the thing, attack, talk to it...what is it?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Ok my friends. I did not mean to leave you speechless, but we have to make a decision on what to do. This little nasty must know something about the corpses. They are always drawn to them and it is now clear where they must be. The decision that remains is what to do with the beastie. It certainly seems distracted, or obsessed might be the better word. Perhaps I should talk to it and find out what it's up to. I just ask that you come with me for protection, my protection that is."

With the others at his side, Kyren approaches the creature and tries to strike up a conversation. "Umm, excuse me, Mr. Vargoulle, can you tell me what you know about stolen corpses taken from a crypt of Pharasma? Can you even speak?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Linguistics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Standing with tiny balled up fists on bony hips, Jinx cocks his enormous watermelon head to the side before poking Theras in the leg, "Make all better?", and pointing at the Vargouille.

Perhaps the kiss could be cured, releasing an innocent from the foul clutches of the Vargouille's venom.

"Open door? Follow where want fly see what wants?"

Jinx's speech patterns are very easy to keep up with considering the sheer volume of oxycontin I am taking :) If I start to make absolutely no sense feel free to imagine that the psychoactive toad venom is working its magic and I am just an amazingly immersive roleplayer....or something lol.


Female AC 16 HP:11/11 Init +2 F: +4 Ref: +4 W: +3

"I don't think it speaks common Kyren."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Berry wrote:
"I don't think it speaks common Kyren."

"Krrazzleboks! What have I gotten myself into? I think this is one of the more insane things that I've tried! Is this what happens when you hang out with Cats, Birds, and Goblins too much? All I can say is, please get one of your concoctions ready to throw should this go badly!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Alcheringa regards the Goblin for a moment, then the door, then starts pushing backwards seemingly ready to pounce... once everyone is out of the way, the gigantic cat attempts to batter down the door - almost twelve feet and 6000lbs* of Feline slams home against the door...

*:
D20pfsrd - Dire tigers prey on just about anything that moves. They will patiently stalk a potential meal, striking whenever the creature lets down its guard.

Dire tigers grow to be over 12 feet long and can weigh up to 6,000 pounds

5,651 to 5,700 of 7,682 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.