Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness

Game Master Zyrenity

The bustling town of Kaer Maga, home of villainy and and more than one shady figure. A city that offers zillions of oportunities and even more ways to die!


5,601 to 5,650 of 7,682 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>

Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry 5ft shifts to the west?


Jinx glances back behind him and starts to explain to Alcheringa that is name is not "that goblin", but then just gives up and moves a bit further east.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Daggers Eliot!" Kyren yells out as his friend falls to the spiders! "Crazzleboks! Don't you dare die on me now! Salfy, stop standing around with your finger up your butt and do something! We've got a man down right now!"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

R4
Alcheringa AC20 HP 35/50 (con 6) - Delayed Posion (Pass 1)
Blaze AC18 HP 36/54

Blaze
Fort Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Alchy turns to Salfron - "Keep me up"
Alcheringa then rapidly changes into an enormous greatcat, and Blaze falls in beside him and both now welcome the spiders advance.

Alchy now occupies the spaces across the AS line, 10’ from the spiders frontage.

As the spiders move in, they will have to take an AoO from Alchy, the preferred target is the injured one on the 30 line.

Bite - 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage - 1d8 + 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + (4) + 11 = 18

Blaze moves to AT29, and is also holding an action (attack) for the 30 line spider to move into. If that Birdman doesn’t get the Hell out of the way, Blaze will instead resolve his attack on the birdman. Stupid NPCs keep getting in the way and impeding combat capability.

Bite - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
(Trip) - 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13=CMD
Damage - 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Rd4:

Spiders (resolved)
Jinx
Vaughn (out)
Al (resolved)
Kyren (resolved)
Theras (resolved)
Berry

Battle Mat

The animal instincts of the spiders kick in at the advent of a predator far larger than they are. Their fur markings instantly shift back from purple to white and they take on rather defensive stances.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

If they are going to wait there and not walk into danger then next round will be a cracker ;p


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Zyren, my round 4 actions are posted above. I think Kyren is resolved.


Ah yes, edited it and reduced the spider's hp on my map.

Is Jinx doing anything besides jumping out of the way?


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Shoot em Jinx!


Jinx is about to unleash all manners of pain once I finish the change from the redundant rogue (Berry has the find/disable thing covered) to a slinger of guns. Working on it as we speak and will crack out a post right after....once I scrape the sleep from my eyes and remember my friggin' name.


Go Jinx...go Jinx...


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Alchemists Fire Attack on AV30
3d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 7 = 16
1d8 ⇒ 4 Splash if misses.

AV30 takes full damage from above if hit. If not refer below.

AV31 takes 10 acid damage. A DC17 reflex save halves this damage.


Raising the doll up reveals the it is strapped to the top of an ornately inscribed pistol, which is brought to bear on the arachnid directly south of Vaughn's unconscious form.

Jinx is nothing but an insane grin as his draws back on the trigger three times in quick succession, reloading each time with blinding precision making sure that if the first one drops he reorients on the next on in turn. :

Shot 1 (Ranged Touch Attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Shot 1 (Damage): 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 10 = 20 Spent 1 Grit for Up Close & Personal
Shot 1 (Confirm Critical): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Shot 1 (Extra Critical Damage): 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8
Shot 2 (Ranged Touch Attack): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Shot 2 (Damage): 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Shot 3 (Ranged Touch Attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Shot 3 (Damage): 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Plumes of gunpowder smoke are drawn into the goblin's tiny lungs through a smile running from ear to ear.


I need some help to clarify a question: Where can I look up a rapid shot pistol?


Zyren DM wrote:
I need some help to clarify a question: Where can I look up a rapid shot pistol?

Spoiler:
Throwing out some ideas with the hope that something answers your question:

Jinx is firing his single shot masterwork pistol (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/pist ol) using the rapid shot feat, which provides an additional attack and applying a -2 to all attacks in the round (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/rapid-shot-combat---final). He is getting a +1 to attack from being masterwork, +1 to attack and damage from point blank shot, since he is within 30', he is also getting a +5 to damage from gun training since he is within his first range increment, and is getting +4 to damage and -2 to strike from the deadly aim feat.

Reloading a one-handed firearm is normally a standard action (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/rapid-reload-combat---final), but with the rapid reload feat that becomes a move action, and by accepting the higher misfire rate that comes from alchemical cartridges he can get that down to a free action: "Alchemical cartridges make loading a firearm easier, reducing the time to load a firearm by one step (a full-round action becomes a standard action, a standard action becomes a move action, and a move action becomes a free action)".

Since I have learned all of this on the fly this morning, total neophyte in terms of gunslingers beforehand, there might be some glaring errors in there. :)


I didn't know about this alchemical cartridges...badass stuff, rest looks ok to me - any other opinions by our rulemongers?


Male Orc Expert 5

Looks fine from me but I would indicate the rapid shot under your feats and probably number what levels you get them to avoid confusion.


TarkXT wrote:
Looks fine from me but I would indicate the rapid shot under your feats and probably number what levels you get them to avoid confusion.

Tis listed under the feat section, which mentions what levels they came from: LINK


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6
Jinx Wigglesnort wrote:
Tis listed under the feat section, which mentions what levels they came from: LINK

The reload is, the rapid shot isn't :p


This reload thing is really impressive.


The spider that was about to devour Vaughn's lifeless form is ripped to pieces and simultaneously fried by Jinx' shells and Berry's bomb.

Rd5:

Spiders (resolved)
Jinx
Vaughn (out)
Al
Kyren
Theras
Berry

And suddenly the last spider realizes that while the prey has only lost one member of its herd, the hunting pack is down to one...Quickly it turns and scurries off into the dark...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Crazzleboks! Can one of you healing sorts come and help my friend Daggers?! Is he alive?"

Once Vaughn is conscious again the halfling turns to the goblin and remarks.

"Kazam, Kazam! What was that new fangled contraption, Greenie? I did not see anything arcane about it, but even I can see that my wee bolts are not match for that! Thanks for your assistance, fella. Now, can you tell me what in golarion you are doing down here? There has got to be a good story here somewhere!"


Alcheringa wrote:
Jinx Wigglesnort wrote:
Tis listed under the feat section, which mentions what levels they came from: LINK
The reload is, the rapid shot isn't :p

Gotcha, I see what TarkXT was saying now (I was sort of hoping to trade in two traits for a feat, and was waiting on that ruling, which I have now, but I haven't changed it yet). Fixing that and pretending like it never happened!


That was what confused me - I thought you must possess an item called "rapid shot pistol" :)


Zyren DM wrote:
That was what confused me - I thought you must possess an item called "rapid shot pistol" :)

Cocaine is a helluva drug :) I have an impressive amount of cold medication running through my veins and I like it.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

The big cats still look a little wild. The foes no longer being present seems to have them riled.

Al puts a huge paw out and taps Vaughn; it almost appears as though he is a large cat checking the life state of a downed mouse, but the healing energies become evident...

CLW1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


It would be a mother's mother of all rainstorms that would fall after this encounter.

Falling squarely between the notched iron sights is the retreating arachnid. A contrail of grey gun smoke lazily drifts up from the grinning mouth of the hot barrel, acting as a reminder of the explosive retorts that issued forth just moments prior. The trigger remains in place once it becomes crystal clear that the spider was hieing for the hills.

Unhooking and placing the eyeless doll back in his pack, provides a momentary glimpse of the ornate pistol, revealing surprising craftsmanship considering the threadbare and mismatched nature of the other gear that the gunslinger carries. He sets to cranking on tiny gears, which retracts the pistol up into his sleeve, only revealing the hint of the weapon cord around his wrist.

"That 'Floyd'." Jinx points to the pistol up his sleeve.

Wondering if anyone would mind if he pickled Vaughn's eyes, he chews on his bottom lip (an impressive feat considering how expansive that lip happens to be), as he sifts through the social niceties he has observed in his 6 years on Golarion for any sign that it would be a cultural fois pas to eat pieces of fallen party members.

In answer to Kyren's query he rhymes, "Was slave, now free. Met bird things, escape we."

Suddenly remembering he stabs his chest with a thumb to ensure that everyone understands, "No more bomb find. Not walk ahead to die. Stay in back with 'Floyd'. Shoot at badness make them...uhm....die?"

A finger finds its way up his nostril again as he wonders if anyone noticed the stunning creativity that can only come by "rhyming" the same word with the same word.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

*snort* Whu--wha?? CRAP, the spiders . . .

I begin to struggle to get up, but realize I'm still pretty staggered from the experience being at zero hp will do that to a fella.

I slowly get up, trying not to reopen the freshly closed, but still dangerous, injuries from those nasty-ass bites. I take a look at the front line--everyone's still breathing heavy, so the battle must only have just ended. I see Alcheringa and Blaze back at the front, fresh insect gore on their weapons (that's claw and maw). I look Al right in the eye, give him a serious nod, and lay a hand on his shoulder.

Thank you, Alcheringa, for saving my life.

I go over to Blaze and put my hand out, and give her a scratch behind the ear. You too, Blaze. Thank you.

I gently stretch. Wow, that could have gone better--but it could have gone a heluva lot worse too. Thanks everyone. Y'all saved my bacon there, I was about to become spider crap.

I look over at the two newcomers--just about as different-looking as two bipedal medium sized creatures could be. And thank you both for your timely help! Those little playmates almost proved more than we could handle. Jinx is closer, so I look at him first. Since I was unconcious for the pyrotechnics, I haven't yet seen the little dude in action--all I've seen is him walk into battle with a doll and make some funny comments. I pat his head a little. Ya know little fella, you're lucky YOU weren't eaten there too!

while chatting, I take out my last of the "Blessed" healing potions.

CMW, clvl 5: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (5, 2) + 5 = 12


Wow, you still had one of those? :)


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

You better believe it. I kept three doses. This seems like a good time to burn the last one.


Though Jinx's head is large enough to be qualify as a barony it is the mouldering felt of the bicorn hat that Vaughn's hand pats. The goblin adjusts his headdress back to its jaunty angle, the only way to wear such a hat since that's how he had seen another sailor wear his, and proceeds to flop down to his backside and root feverishly through his bag.

SUCCESS!

Drawing forth a filthy jar, he removes the lid and floods the area with the sweet stench of pickled gnome toes. Doing a little impromptu sitting dance, as a means of preparing his stomach for the sumptuous repast that awaits, Jinx sucks on the first hairy toe with a look normally reserved for those who have just achieved climax.

Not taking his eyes off of the swirling contents of the jar he fields Vaughn's comment, "Stupid bird brain only hide."


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren looks at the pickled gnome toes with utter disgust.

May the Gods help us! I finally got Bobo to curtail his practice of mixitation only to meet up with a goblin that does it naturally!

"Oh dear Desna, you are not going to eat that thing are you?!! How disgusting are the eating habits of goblins?! All I can say is that you better not be touching any of our toes to try and get an extra snack!"


Turning his body a bit, to shield any attempts to relieve him of his precious snack, the gnome toe is launched into his mouth. Bits of fungus-laced nail mixing with flesh, hair and bone to create a flavourful experience of textures.

His next words work hard to find a path around the "food." "No share."

Standing he marches to stand almost nose-to-nose with Kyren, a procedure made all the more difficult since Jinx stands only 31" tall, so his perfumed words are finally heard, "Me Jinx! Not Desna. You head dumb in head."

Turning on his heel he marches a few steps away and then flops back down onto his rear end with his back to the sorcerer.

Over his shoulder a creepy green tongue comes out with the authority of a whip crack, its intended target the halfling, as the goblin harumphs and tries to enjoy his meal in peace. That screaming gnome had kindly donated his toes, though Jinx was not sure why since he kept falling over afterward, for this pickled meal and the little goblin planned to enjoy it.

Taking a sip from a bottle of women's perfume he swishes it around his mouth and gargles a bit.

"Ready. You know way out?"


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Things take a slightly disturbing turn as the large cat and the giant cat both start looking at the birdman in kinda the same way.

SALFRON
Tends to Alcheringas poisoning.
Heal 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 >20? - Pass
Fort Save 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 = 18

Then channels some healing magic:

Channel 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Channel 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
CMW Vaughn 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15

---

Alcheringa AC18 HP 48/50
Blaze AC18 HP 49/54


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Jinx wrote:
"Me Jinx! Not Desna. You head dumb in head."

"Can't you understand common, you green dimwit?! Of course you're not Desna. For starters, you aren't nearly half as cute enough, half as tall enough, and certainly not half as smart enough. We don't even need to get into any sort of fraction of creative enough. However, speaking of smarts, how dare you call my head dumb! Just because I have a much greater sense of appreciation for fine cuisine, does not give you the authority or the wit to call me dumb simply because I will not eat pickled gnome parts! Now, you did save Vaughn's life and for that I thank you, but perhaps you could stop insulting all of us and consider saying something nice for a change."


Jinx shifts the eyepatch to the other crimson eye so that he can get a better look at Kyren during the halfling's mini-rant. Deciding that the sorcerer is unable to distinguish a Jinx from a "dimwit", whatever that might be, or a "fiend", perhaps that's a close friend?, or a "desna", he draws a poorly glued-together parrot skeleton out of his backpack and simply wanders off somewhere around the halfling's second sentence.

In an impressive display of bluffing skill he assures Kyren, with a toss of the thumb back behind him to indicate the parrot he had left behind, "That dimwit-shorty-fiend-desna, talk talk him all want."

Perhaps he would share his most precious halfling toes, the brine really soaks deeply into all that hair, with the first one of this group that was able to say his name.


Female AC 28 HP 57 Init +6 F: +6 Ref: +9 W: +4

Berry scrutinizes the small gibbering green things which apparently exploded earlier. "What is it? I'd very much like to get it on the examination table. I'm not even sure it's living."


While Jinx has focused everyone's attention on his strange perfromance of "things you better not do, eat or say", Silklur has decided that he won't be here any longer. He vanishes into the corridor leading north out of the domed central chamber...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

"Come back here!" Kyren calls out to the distracted goblin. "You, greenie! Yes, I'm talking to you. Do not walk away while I'm in the middle of talking to you! If you are going to hang out with civilized folk, then you need to learn some manners! Is this the way you were brought up to behave?!" Kyren sighs in exasperation.

"Crazzleboks, who are all these creatures and where do they come from?" Kyren asks no one in particular as he begins to wonder if there was a circus nearby with some missing acts. "Could somebody go get that walking bird and bring him back. There is much that we need to discuss. Did somebody say something to offend him?"


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

The fullplate clad figure sheathes the glowing sword and tips forward enough to pull the helmet that had obscured it's features off. A mane of fiery red hair that glints with naturally gold highlights tumbles out from under the helmet and parts to reveal the smiling face of a handsome human man. He has aquiline features with eyes that shine with the colors of emeralds and not just simple green. He has the dusting of a dark red beard that looked in need of a shave and his skin, while not reflecting light, still shone with something other then the sweat that covered it. "Fair greetings my freinds! I am Knight Seargent Theras Toidarian of the fifth circle. Iomedae bless this meeting and I must ask, are any of you hurt?"


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Theras Toidarian wrote:
"Fair greetings my freinds! I am Knight Theras Toidarian of the fifth circle. Iomedae bless this meeting and I must ask, are any of you hurt?"

"Well met, Theras Toidarian!" The halfling replies with a graceful bow. "I am Kyren Tosscobble and we are the Wee Bluets at your service. Naturally we are so named after the lovely blue flower and not our usual method of extinguishing candles. Nevertheless, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, regardless of the unusual company you keep! I have but a few lingering wounds, but you should check with the others first, for I am not one to serve well on the front line. Verily, I tell you that my talents lie in more subtle forms of expression, not the least being the playing of music upon my harp."

The Tosscobble cannot help but grin as he considers his life as a musician.

"But enough of myself. Tell me what brings such a brave knight of Iomedae to this forsaken place, with such . . . interesting company?"


Mercurial by nature, a trait shared by those that achieved a semblance of maturity at the age of 5 and were dead before 20, it is not difficult to lure Jinx back to Kyren's side. His eye softens with sadness as he glances down at the glued-together parrot, who had just been called "greenie" and then "crazzlebox." Retrieving his social decoy, and stuffs it in his pack, he whispers in through the opening in the goblin tongue, "He no mean call that. He know name Kurcobain." The pack is closed before the parrot can provide a retort.

In a show of unprecedented compassion among goblinkin he provides Kyren with comforting pat on the shoulder, and then hurriedly wipes his hand on his pantaloons hoping that the affliction of the mind was not contagious. "You smart, hold fire, not feel bad for brain bad."

Wandering off in mid-sentence, as his attention is drawn by Theras' glowing sword, he marches over to size up the heavily armoured combatant. The mane of flaming locks draws out an impressed, "Ooooh" from him. When this one died, or perhaps before if no one would minded, he would wear that scalp. It would be the highest order of fashion among his people to have a coif like that.

The smile is friendly, even if the thoughts are not, and 'neath the grime is a goblin that might be considered cute if one was missing a sense of smell.


Male Elf Druid 7 HP:64/64, - AC: 18/T:14/FF:14 - Perception: +15(Low Light) F: +5/R: +6/W: +8 - CMB: +10 - CMD: 23, Speed:30ft, Init: +6

Meanwhile, the large cats appear unsettled...


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5

Kyren cannot help but smile as he sees the parrot and the simple innocence behind the eyes of the goblin. "So your name is Jinx and you have a pretend parrot named Kurcobain? Well, Master Jinx, where do you come from and what are you doing here?" Kyren looks and the great knight sergeant and the pathetic goblin and asks, "Do you two know each other?"


Jinx launches himself at Kyren with an ear-to-ear grin while screaming a joyous, "BRAIN BETTER!"

Hug: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

A few kisses are attempted, perhaps a show of affection, but more likely he is just tasting the halfling and dreaming of sucking on his severed toes.

Nodding along he stands proudly and waves his small cape, likely a stolen section of someone's hideous drapery panel, so everyone can bask in his magnificence. Tossing double thumbs at himself he avows, "Jinx", as if that meant something. Considering that he was a hero among his people, a position that came with both adulation and constant assassination attempts, it is strange to be among others that did not understand that a god walked among them gracing the huddled masses with his presence.

Momentarily drawing out the stiff parrot skeleton he nods that the name was correct. Another smile is offered coaxing Kyren into confidence that he has been successful with two names in a row. An awkward clap, wrought by unrestrained impulsivity, is provided as well, which snaps off one of Kurcobain's wings.

An undaunted Jinx tosses the wing into his mouth and starts chewing.

"Dark Hook Tribe. Slave. Escape. Here."

Jinx glances at Theras with hard scrutiny wondering if he has ever seen the man before. He shrugs good-naturedly to relay that he hasn't got the faintest clue.

The remnants of joy that still wash through his system lead him to express himself in a strange little dance that is something between an epileptic fit and a series of sexual acts.


M Human Fighter / 7 AC: 23 Touch: 16 HP 78/78 Init: +3

Now THERE'S something you don't see everyday. Good thing too--it would lose its charm! Well met, Jinx. Kyren here says you saved my life too--sorry I was unconcious and didn't notice. Thanks. And you're an escaped slave?? I can respect that!

I turn to address the impressive armored knight. And you, Sir Knight--your healing energy was well-timed. I think I might hvae been done for if you hadn't given us that boost! I offer my hand. Vaughn Elliot, glad to know you. Now, if you were serious about wounds, I'm still pretty hurt here--those spiders packed a nasty bite! I indicate the worst wounds which, while crusted over by the recent healing magic, are still far from perfect. (current HP above are accurate)

Hey, Salfon there has the wand of Cure Light Wounds I bought. Maybe we should use some of that up first?

after a pause . . .So, Sir Knight, what brings you down here? We're working on a bit of a mission--yourself?


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Jinx wrote:
Jinx launches himself at Kyren with an ear-to-ear grin while screaming a joyous, "BRAIN BETTER!" A few kisses are attempted, perhaps a show of affection, but more likely he is just tasting the halfling and dreaming of sucking on his severed toes.

"Enough! Enough!" Kyren exclaims! "Let's not get too excited. I was simply calling you by your name, or so I thought! Let's just calm down and be . . . well . . . you know. . . calm." Kyren tries to avoid any more hugging and lets the goblin go free.

As the goblin begins dancing in joy, Kyren rolls his eyes and wonders, What have I done to deserve such companionship in this life?! I really tried to be a good halfling!

"Where do you call home, Jinx? Do you want to go home now?"


Stopping mid-pelvic grind, complete with a one-handed slapping motion to his own backside, he considers the words that were offered to him. It is almost as if his mind can only do one thing at a time, and the act of "dancing" and thinking are impossible to coordinate at the same moment.

After nodding that slavery was his norm until just recently he says, "Me save. Me save. You carry?" Jinx offers his hands to help facilitate the lift so he can ride on Vaughn's shoulders. Images of a bridle and digging spurs into the tall human brings a wicked smile to his lips. Jinx, all 46 pounds of him if one takes his gear into account, hops a few times, both to attract Vaughn's attention, but also to be caught in mid-air.

"No home. Burned." He thinks it is very sneaky of him that he neglects to mention that he is the one that burned it. "Walk with you?" The way he says it is intended to produce the maximum amount of empathy, but the look on his face is the love child of madness and mayhem.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Lucky he is amazing with a pistol, because a diplomat he is not. Though among his people his honeyed words are the stuff of legend.


Male Aasimar Fighter 1/ Cleric 5

Tucking his helmet under his arm, Theras grasps Vaughn's hand firmly. "Truthfully I do not know this...extremely friendly goblin here. Or the strange feathered creature who just ran off. My captain received an urgent request from the Duskwardens to send any who could help with some of the problems stemming from down here. Our forces are stretched thin right now with all that goes on in the city but as I am recently arrived from Mendev he thought I should get my first experience with this...unique area. I had a tricky time convincing the Pharasmans that I should be allowed down here but I managed." he said, giving an impish grin and shifting his large shield a bit.

He releases Vaughn's hand and pulls a steel pendant from under his white surcoat. The pendant was identical to the symbol on his shield, a downward pointing longsword with the hilt and crossguard surrounded by the outline of a sunburst. "Be healed by the light." Theras intones. The holy symbol flashes white just the like sword had and a wave of gentle white energy flows out twice in a ring from the cleric.

3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) = 10
3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 5) = 14

He releases the symbol and looks around, checking everyone's wounds.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

"So I came down her expecting quite a few fights but found evidence of a group of people who came down here before me. I followed the tracks and came across the remains of several...interesting fights. Then I found you in the middle of a battle. And here we are." he finishes with a wide smile.


Clever & Charming Halfling Sorcerer 7 (hp: 53/53, AC 21, T 17, FF 18) Spells: 1st: 8/8, 2nd:8/8, 3rd: 5/5
Theras wrote:
"Truthfully I do not know this...extremely friendly goblin here. Or the strange feathered creature who just ran off."

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that! In fact that only helps your reputation in my book!"

Theras wrote:
"So I came down her expecting quite a few fights but found evidence of a group of people who came down here before me. I followed the tracks and came across the remains of several...interesting fights. Then I found you in the middle of a battle. And here we are."

"Well, personally, I'm delighted to welcome you." Kyren replies with a warm smile. "As long as you prefer good food and detest gnome toes or other hideous appetizers, I think we will get along great! I should also mention that your healing is also a fine bonus! The monsters down here seem to like hurting us as much as possible. However, I must confess, I am not a very religious halfling. You won't find me in a church too often. I hope that won't make you hesitant to heal me!"

5,601 to 5,650 of 7,682 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Zyren's Heart of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.